The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Reigning Houses > British Royals > Current Events Archive

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 05-18-2008, 05:27 PM
Courtier

While you are right that it is the DM and I wouldn't put anything past them they have said that it is confimed by the Thames Valley Police and Clarence House

Quote:
Last night, Thames Valley Police confirmed they had received a complaint from Mr Williams which they had passed to Scotland Yard as Metropolitan Police royal protection officers were driving the Range Rover.
Scotland Yard said: "We are not prepared to discuss matters of security or protection." Clarence House added: "It's a police matter, and we'll leave it to them."
Also Sky news have this quote from Tames Valley Police
Quote:
Thames Valley Police said: "We can confirm that a complaint was received... on Wednesday May 14. The complainant was advised to contact the Metropolitan Police. Thames Valley Police continues to liaise with the Met in relation to the complaint. It's being looked into."
Prince Harry Police Accused Of Putting Lives At Risk |Sky News|Home

Old 05-18-2008, 08:01 PM
Heir Presumptive

they should be careful, how is driving that fast going to protect him? Unless they were fleeing from bullets, they should drive safely

Old 05-18-2008, 08:15 PM
Serene Highness

Nothing was said by CH or Thames to confirm that anything wrong was done, yet. I'm still going to wait. I'm very suspicious of any stories like these. Innocent until proven guilty, right.
Old 05-18-2008, 09:14 PM
Royal Highness

It seems to me upon reading that DM story, the driver didn't sound like someone out to get a royal. Having experienced someone tailgating at high speed, I can imagine how much more frightening it would have been when the tailgating vehicle turned out to be part of law enforcement. The sad part was after all the high speed driving, that Audi still get stuck in traffic and end up at the same pace was the one it passed. It just goes to show how useless speeding really is.
Old 06-04-2008, 06:27 AM
Heir Presumptive

Prince Harry going to a party at Club Annabelle, London.
Bulls Press
Old 06-04-2008, 01:09 PM
Serene Highness

Oh wow, he looks amazing in that tux!!
Old 06-05-2008, 11:02 AM
Heir Presumptive

HRH Prince Harry at the University Hospital of Wales, Cardiff on June 5, 2008 in Cardiff, Wales.
Getty Images - Unsupported browser detected#
MediumPhoto
Abaca Press Americas Search Results
Harry looks nice and funny with the people and with the children above all!!
Old 06-05-2008, 02:27 PM
Heir Presumptive

thanks for the photos. He seems to really be having fun.

Old 06-05-2008, 02:46 PM
Serene Highness

Love the pictures of him holding the baby, and the ones where he's making a funny face holding the magazine with his brother on the cover.
Old 06-06-2008, 08:20 AM
Imperial Majesty

It was a reception fit for a pop idol - and Prince Harry did his best to provide entertainment for the crowds

Weeping fans and cheering crowds: People's Prince Harry treated like a star on a trip to Wales | Mail Online

'I was just so excited to see him... I want to see the Queen and Simon Cowell next,' she sobbed" - Oh dear, that says it all.
Old 06-06-2008, 11:23 AM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skydragon View Post
I 'I was just so excited to see him... I want to see the Queen and Simon Cowell next,' she sobbed" - Oh dear, that says it all.
Come on, that was a twelve year old - not even a teenager yet...
'To dare is to lose one step for but a moment, not to dare is to lose oneself forever' - Crown Prince Frederick of Denmark in a letter to Miss Mary Donaldson as stated by them on their official engagement interview.
Old 06-06-2008, 11:44 AM
Imperial Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jo of Palatine View Post
Come on, that was a twelve year old - not even a teenager yet...
You know me Jo, lack of age does not excuse silly behaviour! I never understood my friends screaming and drowning out groups they had paid to see and hear!
Old 06-06-2008, 04:18 PM
Royal Highness
Royal Blogger, TRF Author

I think it's appropriate for Harry to go on a taxpayer-funded visit to whatever country needs help. The U.S. military is always going places to help people and distribute aid. It provides training for the soldiers (many of whom are expected to build bridges, roads, etc. during war-time) and is an opportunity for a country to forge a positive relationship with another nation. That it matches Harry's interests is great, it keeps him from ditching the job and sitting around the London nightclubs.
Old 06-06-2008, 04:37 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
You know me Jo, lack of age does not excuse silly behaviour! I never understood my friends screaming and drowning out groups they had paid to see and hear!
But at least the young girl obviously knows that there is a queen around somewhere...
'To dare is to lose one step for but a moment, not to dare is to lose oneself forever' - Crown Prince Frederick of Denmark in a letter to Miss Mary Donaldson as stated by them on their official engagement interview.
Old 06-06-2008, 05:33 PM
Imperial Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by iowabelle View Post
I think it's appropriate for Harry to go on a taxpayer-funded visit to whatever country needs help. The U.S. military is always going places to help people and distribute aid. It provides training for the soldiers (many of whom are expected to build bridges, roads, etc. during war-time) and is an opportunity for a country to forge a positive relationship with another nation. That it matches Harry's interests is great, it keeps him from ditching the job and sitting around the London nightclubs.
I find it no more acceptable just because the US troops do it.

British troops do go to areas to help out/retrain people but this one, once again is not normal procedure and it seems jobs/adventures are being invented specifically for Harry, (as they were for Andrew). I wonder if he would be sent to Iraq where British and US troops are helping to rebuild and train!
Old 06-06-2008, 06:06 PM
Imperial Majesty

It sounds as though he'd be quite happy to be sent to Iraq. Several royals have had problems in the past with not being allowed to go to hotspots even if they wanted to. I think it even happened with Prince Michael, and it isn't as though he was ever as high in the line of succession as Harry.
Old 06-06-2008, 07:23 PM
Imperial Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elspeth View Post
It sounds as though he'd be quite happy to be sent to Iraq. Several royals have had problems in the past with not being allowed to go to hotspots even if they wanted to. I think it even happened with Prince Michael, and it isn't as though he was ever as high in the line of succession as Harry.
He probably would want to go, it is just aggravating when the MOD tries to pass it off as adventure training all troops/officers do. If they were not going to let him be a normal soldier, they shouldn't have allowed him to join up. Now that he has managed a short deployment, perhaps a desk job would have been more appropriate, even training in another field to keep him busy. You can't help but feel sorry for the boy.
Old 06-06-2008, 08:28 PM
Serene Highness

I enjoyed that article. He sounds like he's "the people's Prince"...very personable with everyone; more so than William. I really hope he does more and more of these visits. It seems like he has just as much fun as the people there to see him.
Old 06-07-2008, 03:03 AM
Majesty

Quote:
It was a reception fit for a pop idol - and Prince Harry did his best to provide entertainment for the crowds

Weeping fans and cheering crowds: People's Prince Harry treated like a star on a trip to Wales | Mail Online

You've got to hand it to Harry though, if anyone had been stupid enough to plonk a baby in the arms of my brother or nephews at that age they would probably have dropped it, whilst Harry carried it off with panache (no pun intended). The average "Rock Star" would probably have run away screaming!

Being the news junkie that I am I laughed when watching it on BBC International, CNN and Sky UK. Harry just seems to groove to whatever is happening and hams it up quite shamelessly. He indulged the teenie boppers, not to mention the mother and grandmother of the baby, woith grace, wit and humour+.

The guy is a natural asset to the BRF. He seems to be pro-active when faced with the dreaded "walkabout", and handles everything shoved at him with humour, and let's face it, his smile can bridge any language barrier.
Old 06-07-2008, 07:08 AM
Imperial Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by MARG View Post
You've got to hand it to Harry though, if anyone had been stupid enough to plonk a baby in the arms of my brother or nephews at that age they would probably have dropped it, whilst Harry carried it off with panache (no pun intended). The average "Rock Star" would probably have run away screaming!
You would get the same reaction from me!
Quote:
Being the news junkie that I am I laughed when watching it on BBC International, CNN and Sky UK. Harry just seems to groove to whatever is happening and hams it up quite shamelessly. He indulged the teenie boppers, not to mention the mother and grandmother of the baby, with grace, wit and humour+.
I have thought of the ideal job for him whereby he could remain in the army. A transfer to Ceremonial duties!

Closed Thread

Tags
prince harry