The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Reigning Houses > British Royals > Current Events Archive

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 03-04-2008, 11:06 PM
Heir Presumptive

When did Harry say that he doesnt like England? I just read that he said that.

nevermind I googled it. I can understand him not liking it, he has lived there his entire life. He is probably just bored with it.

Old 03-04-2008, 11:36 PM
Serene Highness

I think he'll be great at training other soldiers with the things he learned Afghanistan. I was wondering what he would do next.
And good for him on taking a holiday with Chelsy; he deserves it. But doesn't she have school?

Old 03-06-2008, 05:25 AM
Imperial Majesty

He carried her picture with him during his stint on the frontline.
Now he is home, Prince Harry wants to keep his on-off girlfriend Chelsy Davy even closer.

Harry and Chelsy reunited: The prince and his girlfriend are back on party duty | the Daily Mail
Old 03-29-2008, 07:00 AM
Imperial Majesty

Twice this week Prince Harry has met the parents of his long-time girlfriend Chelsy Davy, after the young royal and his blonde companion flew into Cape Town from a romantic three-week holiday in Botswana.

IOL: Engagement on the cards for Harry, Chelsy?
Old 03-29-2008, 11:51 AM
Gentry

wow, harry doesent knew his girlfriends parens before?
Old 03-29-2008, 02:33 PM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eloise View Post
wow, harry doesent knew his girlfriends parens before?
No he's known them all along. They meant that he "met up" with them while in Africa, not "met them".
While I still don't think that Harry will be engage anytime soon, I would actually be excited. I do like Chelsy a lot.
Old 04-01-2008, 06:40 AM
Imperial Majesty

He may have avoided serious injury during his tour of duty in Afghanistan, but Prince Harry appears to have picked up his dangerous smoking habit after claiming to have quit.

Harry back on the baccy: Prince fails to conquer his smoking addiction | the Daily Mail
Old 04-04-2008, 06:18 AM
Imperial Majesty

The young royals descended en masse to their favourite haunt Mahiki last night - as Princesses Beatrice and Eugenie were seen with their cousin Prince Harry for first time since his return from active duty in Afghanistan

Prince Harry returns to active duty at Mahiki with party-going Bea and Eugenie | the Daily Mail
Old 04-04-2008, 06:31 AM
Heir Apparent

On the right one of this picture combination from this article http://img.dailymail.co.uk/i/pix/200...NN_468x416.jpg
I have for the first time the feeling I can see that Harry really is Charles' son!
'To dare is to lose one step for but a moment, not to dare is to lose oneself forever' - Crown Prince Frederick of Denmark in a letter to Miss Mary Donaldson as stated by them on their official engagement interview.
Old 04-13-2008, 03:10 PM
Serene Highness

Its been all William news lately, so I thought I'd share some minor news on Harry too.

"Prince Harry answers letter from veteran"
Prince Harry answers letter from veteran - MassLive.com

"Action Tan Harry leaves Chels home" -Sunday Mirror
Quote:
Prince Harry is living it up in sunny Barbados - leaving girlfriend Chelsy Davy swotting in Leeds.

The royal Action Man, unwinding after his frontline stint in Afghanistan, is staying on a pal's yacht off the Caribbean isle.

Harry, 23, has been swimming, racing jet-skis with his friends and watching polo matches. Meanwhile, Chelsy, 22, is revising for law degree exams in the UK.

One holidaymaker said: "Harry's chilled. He's been chatting to locals, drinking and smoking - nothing over the top. He hasn't mentioned Chelsy though."

But a source close to the couple denied a rift, adding: "Harry has been fighting for his country - no one would deny him a break. They'll be together this summer."
so when does Harry have to get back to duty?
Old 04-17-2008, 10:47 AM
Courtier

Prince Harry promoted to lieutenant.... Congrats Harry!!!

Prince Harry promoted to lieutenant - Telegraph
Old 04-19-2008, 01:18 AM
Aristocracy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skydragon View Post
So you think they managed to choose a day when Harry was once again not at work, (that had not been announced) and decided to invent a 'story' to make Harry look like an idiot? They could not have had any idea when they went out to watch the Hen Harriers that Harry and his friend would be out shooting and as for doing it to make Harry look an idiot, why on earth would they bother, he manages to do that on a regular basis himself, without any aid!

It could just as easily have been that the birds dove out of sight or something along those lines just as some shots went off, making the gamekeepers think the birds had been shot. It's not like we were there.

Like it's been said, there is really no proof that any crime has been committed (i.e., the shooting of the birds,) except eyewitness accounts which in case after case have proven to be notoriously unreliable. Without any evidence the people investigating this didn't have a leg to stand on- and to start with, you need the bodies of the birds to prove that there had been a crime committed. Even if they have the shells, it could be said that they had shot some other type of non-protected bird in the area if the person was found.
Old 04-21-2008, 05:47 PM
Heir Presumptive

Pics frrom Getty
Prince William And Prince Harry's Visit To Headley Court Rehabilitation Centre
SURREY, ENGLAND - APRIL 21
Getty Images - Unsupported browser detected#
Old 04-22-2008, 06:21 AM
Imperial Majesty

Prince Harry paid an emotional visit yesterday to the men he calls the real heroes of the armed forces - the grievously-injured casualties of war.
The 23-year-old prince was said to be "deeply moved" at being reunited with brave Marine Ben McBean, who lost an arm and a leg to a Taliban landmine.

Harry reunited with the injured marine he called 'the real hero of Afghanistan' | the Daily Mail

Old 04-22-2008, 03:30 PM
Majesty

The men quoted in the article seem to be less cynical about the Princes' visit to see them than some posts I've seen on various boards. I would take their opinions of William and Harry more seriously than people who know the Princes from tabloid reports only.

This was a nice article to read. The man who lost his limbs has wonderful attitude.
Old 04-27-2008, 05:23 AM
Imperial Majesty

Harry will be presented with his campaign medal on the 5th May, at Windsor by Princess Anne.
Old 04-27-2008, 02:30 PM
Heir Presumptive

Awsome news He Deserves it, will he wear Full Dress Uniform or the Camo stuff will Anne go by car??
Old 04-27-2008, 02:40 PM
Imperial Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Royal Fan View Post
Awsome news He Deserves it, will he wear Full Dress Uniform or the Camo stuff will Anne go by car??
He and the rest of the recipients will be in uniform! If they turned up in camouflage. It is only a campaign medal, earned only by being on a particular campaign for a minimum of 30 days.

They hand dozens out, I understand there will be 160 recipients on that day.
Old 04-28-2008, 03:20 PM
Nobility

Skydragon, will also recieve Prince Henry of Wales - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia Queen's Gallantry Medal (QGM) which is a civil decoration and there fore is rearly awarded to serving military personell. Why would would awarded to Prince Harry and will awarded at a different time form OSM for his aervice in Afganistan?
Thank you Skydraon in advance
Old 04-28-2008, 03:33 PM
Imperial Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by kpusa1981 View Post
Skydragon, will also recieve Queen's Gallantry Medal (QGM) which is a civil decoration and there fore is rearly awarded to serving military personell. Why would would awarded to Prince Harry and will awarded at a different time form OSM for his aervice in Afganistan?
Why would Harry receive a QGM, (do you have a link to where you read this).

I doubt Lieutenant Wales will receive one, they are only awarded to civilians for acts of exemplary bravery and as far as I know (which isn't a lot) he has not performed any acts of exemplary bravery.

Closed Thread

Tags
prince harry