The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Reigning Houses > British Royals > Current Events Archive

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 01-28-2011, 02:05 AM
Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Royal Fan View Post
not to veer off topic but whats legal Adulthood in the UK Or BRF

In the UK it is 18.

Within the BRF it is also 18 except that Counsellors of State, except for the heir to the throne, have to be 21. That means that Charles became eligible to serve as a CoS at 18 but William, Harry, Andrew (the current other CoSs), Edward, Anne, Gloucester, Kent etc all were eligible to serve from 18 onwards (until replaced by someone higher in the line of succession).

Old 01-28-2011, 06:55 AM
Heir Apparent

Wasn't Queen Victoria only 18 when she became Queen?

Old 01-28-2011, 02:26 PM
Heir Presumptive

Yes and quite good at it imo
Old 01-28-2011, 03:07 PM
Heir Apparent

Location: On the west side of North up from Back, United States
Quote:
Originally Posted by Royal Fan View Post
Yes and quite good at it imo
The thing with becoming King or Queen, it can happen at any age. I believe if a regnant is underage, there is a regent appointed for him/her until they reach their majority. Question now. Is the regent appointed from the Counsellors of State? Ok.. this belongs in another thread methinks.

As far as Harry is concerned, he is very much an adult male. Old enough to take on serious duties as he is doing with his military duties and anything he does with his patronages. And... he's young enough to totally grab the world by the horns and enjoy it too.
Old 01-28-2011, 08:40 PM
Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by MARG View Post
Wasn't Queen Victoria only 18 when she became Queen?

Yes. Just as Charles, and his mother became CoSs at 18 because they were the heirs, Victoria was able to reign at an age when other people still weren't legally adults. 21 was the legal age until the late 60s but the royals did allow people below that age to do certain things such as reign.

To make it easier to understand - had the Queen and Charles both died in 1980 Andrew would have become King as he was over 18 but he wasn't old enough to be a Counsellor of State. The same if the Queen and Charles had both died in August 2000 - William would have been 18 and could have become King but not old enough to be a CoS as he had to wait until he was 21 to replace his Aunt Anne in that role (a role she had had since she had turned 21 in 1971).
Old 01-30-2011, 03:11 AM
Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Osipi View Post
The thing with becoming King or Queen, it can happen at any age. I believe if a regnant is underage, there is a regent appointed for him/her until they reach their majority. Question now. Is the regent appointed from the Counsellors of State? Ok.. this belongs in another thread methinks.
The Regent, by law now, is the next adult in line to the throne so that if the Queen needed a Regent at the moment it would be Charles. If the monarch is underage the surviving parent is also involved with raising the child while the Regent carries out the official duties. In the case of Queen Victoria the reason why her mother was considered a suitable regent was that the Duke of Cumberland was about to become King of Hanover and separate the kingdoms - so having a Regent who was permanent in the country was also a requirement. That is a simple explanation and I am sure someone is going to come along and give a more detailed explanation.

Quote:
As far as Harry is concerned, he is very much an adult male. Old enough to take on serious duties as he is doing with his military duties and anything he does with his patronages. And... he's young enough to totally grab the world by the horns and enjoy it too.
Exactly - a young adult man.
Old 01-30-2011, 05:19 PM
Royal Highness

Quote:
Prince Harry: the men's magazine cover star
Prince Harry: the men's magazine cover star - Telegraph
Old 01-30-2011, 05:23 PM
Serene Highness

I'm buying that magazine when it comes out, I think Harry is the best looking in the BRR.
Old 02-01-2011, 02:07 AM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rebafan81 View Post
I'm buying that magazine when it comes out, I think Harry is the best looking in the BRR.
Definately.

As for Chelsy and Harry they seem so uncertain of their relationship. So if they do get back together I hope they can get over that part of it and figure out where they stand for good. This whole on/off thing is so hectic I don't know how they keep up.
Old 02-01-2011, 08:38 PM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
I'd love to get my hands on that issue too. Can't wait to see it. Thx for letting us know marine.
Old 02-02-2011, 01:36 AM
Administrator

Posts regarding Chelsy's "potential" appearance at William and Catherine's weddding have been moved to Royals' ex-partners .

Old 02-14-2011, 02:51 AM
Majesty

Prince Harry and a harem of blondes kick up their heels | Mail Online

Harry out and about again but no Chelsy.
Old 02-14-2011, 03:39 AM
Heir Apparent

Oh good grief, it didn't take them long to try and create a split between a couple that, as far as we know, isn't! Never mind, it sell the rags!
Old 02-14-2011, 04:20 AM
Gentry

One dinner (w/o pics to prove it happened) doesn't prove a reconciliation, either.
Old 02-15-2011, 03:37 PM
Royal Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iluvbertie View Post
I'm not very informed when it comes to jewels but does the lady whose arm and hand is pictured in the pic of the "mystery blonde" wear a ring similar to the Diana/Catherine engagement ring?

How tacky is that when Harry is an invited guest?
Old 02-15-2011, 03:47 PM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Yes, he's cute when he's cleaned up, but the REAL Harry can be seen in post #213. Yech. The boy needs to get a grip.
Old 02-15-2011, 04:29 PM
Imperial Majesty
Royal Blogger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kataryn View Post
I'm not very informed when it comes to jewels but does the lady whose arm and hand is pictured in the pic of the "mystery blonde" wear a ring similar to the Diana/Catherine engagement ring?

How tacky is that when Harry is an invited guest?
It looks like a black diamond with a flower pattern setting.
Old 02-18-2011, 03:39 PM
Imperial Majesty
Royal Blogger

The Box opens and Prince Harry and Emma Watson are among its A-list guest | Mail Online

*WARNING- There are pictures in this article that do contain nudity*
Old 02-18-2011, 03:48 PM
Heir Apparent

That is a very sleazy place for a Prince of the Realm to be hanging out.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lumutqueen View Post
The Box opens and Prince Harry and Emma Watson are among its A-list guest | Mail Online

*WARNING- There are pictures in this article that do contain nudity*
Old 02-18-2011, 05:37 PM
Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mermaid1962 View Post
That is a very sleazy place for a Prince of the Realm to be hanging out.

Given the history of places that Princes of the Realm have hung out in the past it seems about normal.