Prince Harry Current Events 25: August 2010-December 2011

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Let's stay on topic...events that have to do with Harry and his Current Events.

This was 'Breaking News' on the BBC this morning. It's not surprising.

I hope he can go to combat if he wants. I read the war in Afghanistan will heat up this summer for American soldiers.

He may go to Afganistan, but he won't be a combat soldier. It will not be allowed. He was yanked out of the combat theatre the last time he was there.

He may go to Afganistan, but he won't be a combat soldier. It will not be allowed. He was yanked out of the combat theatre the last time he was there.

If he were to go to Afghanistan, he would be doing what other Apache helicopter pilots do. The key will be to ensure confidentiality in relation to his deployment.

Congratulations to Prince Harry. Many said he wouldn't make it this far and he has. He had to put in a lot of hard work, which he did, and it shows as he finished this part in his training.

Dose anyone know when Prince Harry Will become a Captian? I know he became Lt. Harry Wales on 13, April 2008.
You usually get Captian after a total 5 years of service at 2nd Lt. / Lt. and on 13, April 2011 it will be 5 years since he became an officer.

Last edited by a moderator:
DM article on The Box, the seedy club Prince Harry and Princess Beatrice have been seen attending. I don't know if I should just shrug and say royals have always been debauched to some degree. But shouldn't royals today be more careful about their entertainment since the press is more free?

Be warned: the article has censored pics, but graphic details.

The Box Soho inside Britains seediest club enjoyed by Prince Harry | Mail Online

Funny a lot of royals go to that club but only Harry makes the headlines. Maybe he sells better?

While I don't like to see him out clubbing as much as he does sometimes I do feel that the media pays more attention to that than to his charity or even his recent military accomplishments. I also feel like the media will be forever stuck in the William is the saint and Harry is the bad boy category. It is starting to get ridiculous but I don't think it will ever change.

Last edited by a moderator:
Funny a lot of royals go to that club but only Harry makes the headlines. Maybe he sells better?

It probably doesn't help that Harry was busted for drugs and has gotten into trouble for a few other things as well (like the Nazi costume,) and William hasn't.

It's easier to destroy a reputation than build it up again unfortunately.

Exactly! Harry has the " bad boy" image! And certain incidents do not help matters.
Bad overshadows good in the press I am afraid.

Last edited:
It probably doesn't help that Harry was busted for drugs . . . . . . . . . . . .
BBC News | UK | Prince Harry sent to drugs clinic

Admitting to your father to having smoked cannabis and drinking alcohol at the ripe old age of 16, is not quite "Busted for Drugs"!

Now let me see, how old is he now, 26? So, that makes it more than ten years ago. Hmm, people have served less time for murder. Wonder when Harry is due to catch a break? :bang:

wasn't william attending the infamous nazi-costume party?
if so, he should have said sth to his younger brother... he is partly to be blamed for as well, in my opinion at least.

:previous: Not only attended the same party but accompanied his brother to the Costume Hire shop and obviously didn't find any problem with his choice of costume just as every other man who had rented it previously.

DM article on The Box, the seedy club Prince Harry and Princess Beatrice have been seen attending. I don't know if I should just shrug and say royals have always been debauched to some degree. But shouldn't royals today be more careful about their entertainment since the press is more free?
Yes, & I'm kind of saddened by it all. If the stage act is as distasteful as the article suggests, (I know it's the Mail) I really question what they are doing there.

Well, some people want a "modern" monarchy and evidently this is OK for royals. Debauchery is a great word. They are adults and isn't illegal, but this makes me think less of each of them.

If they go once to see what it's like, I don't have a huge problem with that--although I deplore the sorts of things that go on there. I'm encouraged by the fact that none of the Royals have looked particularly happy leaving there. But if they go more than once, that would be very disappointing.

Yes, & I'm kind of saddened by it all. If the stage act is as distasteful as the article suggests, (I know it's the Mail) I really question what they are doing there.

:previous: Not only attended the same party but accompanied his brother to the Costume Hire shop and obviously didn't find any problem with his choice of costume just as every other man who had rented it previously.

The media barely even pointed out that William was there. In fact William is known to be a drinker/clubber as well but the media don't seem to cover that with the same relish as Harry. As for the Nazi issue in general I believe that Harry learned his lesson so I am willing to let him move on from that.

The main reason why I brought up the good vs. bad idea is that it is an old one. The current monarch was good and her sister Princess Margaret was bad. The media could certainly stand to get a new story.

Harry has done some questionable things but he has apologized and I believe that he has changed in a lot of ways. I don't see him coming out of clubs all that often these days when you compare them to his teenage years. Hopefully the media will come to see that he does have a lot to offer. Also, maybe Harry could not go clubbing at well known hot spots and come out looking drunk and then everyone would be happy :flowers:. Right :whistling: ( I know folks, I am wishful thinking)

I've gotta say it again, I see nothing wrong with this club or the royals attending it. Perhaps its a generational thing. I don't understand why people all of a sudden are so quick to by into a sensationalized DM article when we spend so much time trying to discredit their articles. None of this is illegal, no one is forced to do anything, its just a different form of entertainment and sounds like a bloody good time. If its not your cup a tea then don't go but don't throw judgment around at people. I said it before and I'll say it again, I love seeing the young royals being so open and being able to enjoy and support such a queer establishment.

Let's stay on topic...this is Harry's current events thread...we don't need to discuss anything that happened five to ten years ago.

PrinceJohnny, without judgment it is impossible to make decisions. You have judged it to be admirable to frequent this place.

I've gotta say it again, I see nothing wrong with this club or the royals attending it. Perhaps its a generational thing. I don't understand why people all of a sudden are so quick to by into a sensationalized DM article when we spend so much time trying to discredit their articles. None of this is illegal, no one is forced to do anything, its just a different form of entertainment and sounds like a bloody good time. If its not your cup a tea then don't go but don't throw judgment around at people. I said it before and I'll say it again, I love seeing the young royals being so open and being able to enjoy and support such a queer establishment.

It is nice to get a different opinion on the situation. I am a young person though and I don't like what appears to be their excessive clubbing but I still get the point you are trying to make as I think that I am in the minority.

Good point about how people are currently accepting the daily mail article as truthful when most stories from them get dismissed. People believe what they want to believe. :ermm:

BBC News | UK | Prince Harry sent to drugs clinic

Admitting to your father to having smoked cannabis and drinking alcohol at the ripe old age of 16, is not quite "Busted for Drugs"!

Now let me see, how old is he now, 26? So, that makes it more than ten years ago. Hmm, people have served less time for murder. Wonder when Harry is due to catch a break? :bang:

I agree that at some point you need to let it go. However- the "squeaky wheel gets the grease" and people who are looking to stir up trouble will always grab whatever a person has done wrong in the past.

As I said- regardless of "time served" my point still stands: a reputation is far easier to damage than it is to repair. Frequenting the type of club he was seen at in the news recently only gives the paparazzi fuel for the fire.

On a more amusing note:

Apparently one company thinks Prince HARRY is marrying Kate:
http://www.current-movie-reviews.co...ries-prince-harry-to-kate-middleton-whoopsie/

Prince Harry is to present service medals to Royal Navy counter mine personnel:
http://www.google.com/hostednews/uk...uxW8kZ92FrAX4R8Tg?docId=N0072631300411443642A

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom