Prince Harry Current Events 24: May 2009-August 2010

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
PRINCES William and Harry met servicemen wounded in Afghanistan on a secret and emotional visit to a hospital after a personal plea from their father.

The two young Princes went to the Royal Centre for Defence Medicine at Selly Oak in Birmingham last *Friday after Prince Charles told them it was “full to the gunnels” with injured military personnel who needed cheering up.

Daily Express | UK News :: Princes’ trip to boost our wounded heroes

Prince Harry's former commander in Afghanistan quits over Govt's poor treatment of British troops

Prince Harry's former commander in Afghanistan has resigned after clashing with ministers over strategy in the country and policy towards the military.

Major General Andrew Mackay, who was awarded the CBE for his frontline service in Helmand, will take early retirement next month.
Prince Harry spent ten weeks in Afghanistan from December 2007 under Maj-Gen Mackay's command.

However the Ministry of Defence spokesman insisted last night that he was standing down for personal reasons and would not make a statement.
But Army sources told the Mail that the resignation was linked to the general's growing unhappiness over the treatment of the forces.

To send the troops inadequately equipped is quite simply a disgrace. :angry:
Those soldiers risk their lives; the least that can be done for them is to minimize the risks.
Perhaps those 'on top' would be well advised to listen to people who actually have been there and know the needs of the army and soldiers first-hand: Major General Andrew Mackay would certainly be among those on top of the list.

Prince Harry's former commander in Afghanistan quits over Govt's poor treatment of British troops

To send the troops inadequately equipped is quite simply a disgrace. :angry:
Those soldiers risk their lives; the least that can be done for them is to minimize the risks.
Perhaps those 'on top' would be well advised to listen to people who actually have been there and know the needs of the army and soldiers first-hand: Major General Andrew Mackay would certainly be among those on top of the list.

All I can say is I agree

Prince Harry is coming to the big screen, in a movie that plans to chart his life from being trapped in a tragic fairytale to becoming a royal warrior, more at home on the field of battle with his men than in a palace.
The picture, to be called The Spare, will be international in scale, with shooting set to start around this time next year on locations in the UK and the Middle East

Read more: BAZ BAMIGBOYE Coming to a screen near you: Prince Harry the film star | Mail Online

I think that it's in very poor taste to make a biographical film about someone who's this young. If it were strictly a documentary, I'd feel differently about it. But to have an actor play someone who's still very much alive? No. :ermm:

I can't help thinking that the opportunity to milk some more money from his parents' unfortunate marriage and his mother's tragic death featured strongly in the decision to make this film. Harry seems like a nice bloke, but is he really an appropriate subject for a biography? IMO he hasn't yet done anything worthy of such a project. It seems a bit tacky to me.

I think it is tacky when he hasn't done much yet worth making a film about.

If he had been an athlete who had won against the odds and had retired (e.g. a swimmer) then maybe but he has a life ahead of him in which to do something noteworthy other than get born and grow up. The vast majority of the human race do that these days.

So his parents got divorced and his mother died - lots of kids have those experiences. It isn't enough to make a movie about.

I, for one, want be wasting my money on watching it.

I agree with Iluvbertie.

If Harry were just an ordinary guy, no one would even think about making a movie about him.

Exactly, Roslyn. I wonder when people will finally stop making money off the tragedy that was the Wales' marriage and Diana's untimely death?:bang:

I can't help thinking that the opportunity to milk some more money from his parents' unfortunate marriage and his mother's tragic death featured strongly in the decision to make this film.

Aside from going to Afghanistan, Harry to my knowledge hasn't done very much that's film-worthy.

Well, this is interesting. I think Hollywood is just wanting to do another Royal movie after the great success of "The Queen" and now with "The Young Victoria" being released.

I'm looking forward to seeing if this really happens. I can't think of any British actors off hand who look like Harry or remind me of him though. :hmm:

Its just typical Hollywood/London kind of thing.

Don't forget....at some point there was a movie made about the wedding of Charles and Diana, and very shortly after Diana's death there was a movie about Prince William.

Harry has much more living to do. The movie will be filmed, most likely it will not be a "good Movie" and honestly after it airs, and most likely will not be seen again for quite some time.

Well, we won't know if it'll be a "good movie" until it's released. Sadly I think they will exploit his parent's problems and his mother's death. I'm not clear though, is this supposed to be a movie that's released in theatres or a made-for-tv movie?

So, failing a spectacular death or an equally spectacular wedding . . . . . it's straight to DVD then? :whistling:

Well, we won't know if it'll be a "good movie" until it's released. Sadly I think they will exploit his parent's problems and his mother's death. I'm not clear though, is this supposed to be a movie that's released in theatres or a made-for-tv movie?
The movie that was done about Prince William was made-for-tv so I'm guessing this will probably be a TV movie as well.

I said that I doubt this movie would be a "good movie" because let's face it...Hollywood and London don't have a habit of making good royal movies. The only exceptions that I can think of (and this is my list) is The Queen, Henry V (Kenneth B.) Edward and Mrs. Simpson, Elizabeth (starring Cate Blanchett) and Anne of Thousand Days. I am going to leave the Tudors off the list as well. Although the production, the costumes and the cast is top notch...they have decided to be a little loose with the facts.

Instead I am thinking of The Prince Wililam movie (which also focused on William's parents' divorce and his mother's death), the Princess Margaret movie and who can forget the various movies depicting the courting, marriage and divorce of Charles and Diana. And I can't forget the Charles and Camilla movie nor Bertie and Elizabeth.

Let's face it....while some of those were entertaining I would hardly call them good. I would concur that its a little too early to make a movie about Harry.....I would rather have a movie about Prince Phillip! Now there is a life well lived.

And Robert Pattinson starring as Prince Harry, not gonna happen.

Last edited:
I would love to see a film about Elizabeth and Philip, or just Philip but I don't think many people would be interested as they don't have the appeal of young actors and actresses to attract the money spending youth of the world.

I heard about them making a movie on Harry which is not good it is bad enough he has been in the public eye his whole entire life and he is titled a royal prince.
But to make matters even worst he lost his mother through a tragedy at such an young age and he is still young people don't care who they hurt as a long as they can get want they want in this case that is called money.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom