The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Reigning Houses > British Royals > Current Events Archive

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 06-22-2009, 04:35 PM
Aristocracy

I kind of wondered if this would be a problem in England. The BRF is pretty popular in America, so unless they do something wrong, they will always be well-received here - but if the situation were reversed, and he was the prince of America, and he went overseas and did charity work for England - I would wonder why he wasn't helping people in America.

He did a good job over here. I hope this doesn't turn into bad publicity in England.

Old 06-22-2009, 05:14 PM
Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by lumutqueen View Post

I like the fact that he is increasing his abroad duties, and I understand america but I wish he wouldn't. Somewhere in the commonwealth would be nice.

But do the Commonwealth realms want him?

It isn't possible just to say 'I will do it here' as there are political considerations that don't apply in the US.

e.g. if he was to be doing here in Australia, it could be construed as interferring in the drive for Australia to be a republic, which the RF can't do so the US is safe ground.

Once Australia becomes a republic, then it could be treated the same way as the US.

Old 06-22-2009, 05:58 PM
Serene Highness

He's not doing charity work for America, its for Lesotho. I can understand him wanting to continue raising money in America for Sentable if it raises more money than in England.
Old 06-22-2009, 07:01 PM
Aristocracy

Quote:
But he's not doing charity work for America, its for Lesotho. I can understand him wanting to continue raising money in America for Sentable if it raises more money than in England.
It just always looks worse in the British tabloids. They don't seem to like either one of them, and they put up articles with a negative slant. Then people write in and say that they don't like them no matter what they do. I think people will read this and write in and say, " Why isn't he helping England"?
Old 06-23-2009, 04:47 AM
Imperial Majesty

There will probably be annoyance that Harry does very little for British charities, there is already outrage among some that Brown has promised £5m to Zimbabwe. I have heard many comments regarding Harry and his charity, apart from the complaints that most of the money is being spent on administration rather than the children but that charity begins at home!

There are many children suffering abuse here in the UK, with charities that help them struggling to raise funds or awareness, while Harry swans off to the US to support 'his' charity.
Old 06-24-2009, 06:26 PM
Aristocracy

I'm sure everyone's already read this article, but I'll go ahead and post it anyhow. Apparently, Harry was at a polo match and went into a tent to change his clothes. He stripped down to his black boxer shorts, looked up and saw he'd left the tent open and a bunch of girls were looking at him

Here's the article in case anyone wants to read it.

Prince Harry flashes fans - Monsters and Critics
Old 06-25-2009, 02:22 AM
Heir Apparent

Prince Harry, Patron, Sentebale, will attend a reception to mark Sentebale’s 3rd anniversary year, HSBC Private Bank, St James’s Street, London.
The Prince of Wales - Thursday 2nd July 2009
Old 06-29-2009, 03:49 AM
Imperial Majesty

PRINCE Harry enjoyed a cosy dinner with Aussie singer Natalie Imbruglia after partying the night away at a rock concert.

Prince Harry has dinner with singer Natalie Imbruglia | The Sun |News|Royals

"...After the show they retreated to the plush backstage area for a meal, joined on their secluded table by singer Tom Jones and four others."
Old 06-29-2009, 05:57 AM
Imperial Majesty
Royal Blogger

Nathalie's back on the scene then. Again he could do worst to be honest.
Old 07-02-2009, 04:38 PM
Imperial Majesty

Prince Harry has signalled his determination to follow in his late's mother's footsteps by making his first political speech on the issue of Aids and global poverty.

'My mother didn't mince her words and nor will I': Prince Harry follows Diana's footsteps with speech on Aids and poverty | Mail Online
Old 07-02-2009, 04:49 PM
Imperial Majesty
Royal Blogger

Well i'm glad he says that. I hope he keeps to his word.
Old 07-02-2009, 04:53 PM
Super Moderator
Picture of the Month Representative - Monaco and Sweden

Pics 2.7.2009

Prince Harry on July 2, 2009 in London, England.

** Pic 1 ** Pic 2 ** gettyimages **
Old 07-05-2009, 04:09 AM
Heir Apparent

Courtesy of Wireimage.

Prince Harry attends day one of the Wirelees Music Festival at Hyde Park in London, England. (4/07/2009).

http://i41.tinypic.com/jim1oh.jpg
http://i40.tinypic.com/23lkx8y.jpg
http://i39.tinypic.com/5kn2tk.jpg
http://i40.tinypic.com/eq9kz6.jpg
Old 07-06-2009, 04:23 AM
Imperial Majesty

PRINCE Harry burst into Dizzee Rascal's No1 hit Bonkers when he met the rapper backstage.

Prince's Bonkers star rap | The Sun |News|Royals
Old 07-08-2009, 05:14 PM
Heir Apparent
Royal Blogger

Sorry for such a comment, but IMO he has grown to a very handsome young man. I've just watched several vids about him and must say I'm impressed. I'm curious about what he will do in the future.
Old 07-18-2009, 02:29 PM
Aristocracy

Prince Harry plays dirty on the polo pitch - Mail Online - Katie Nicholl's Celebrity Diary
Old 07-18-2009, 03:47 PM
Heir Apparent

He certainly looks dead serious in that picture--and the image of the Duke of Edinburgh.
Old 07-18-2009, 03:52 PM
Courtier
Royal Blogger

He really does look like Philip there. The Mountbatten genes are getting stronger as he gets older!

"I have to be seen to be believed."
HM The Queen
Old 07-19-2009, 05:05 AM
Imperial Majesty

-----------------------------
Just weeks after I revealed that Prince Harry was stepping out with a pretty TV presenter, I can now report he has moved on again – and set his sights on a stunning blonde

Harry and the Armani blonde - a perfect fit: Prince moves on to ANOTHER fair-haired beauty | Mail Online
Old 07-27-2009, 04:47 AM
Imperial Majesty

Prince Harry swapped his polo ponies for motorcycle horse power yesterday.
Dressed in red leathers and biker boots, he was a surprise guest at the MotoGP British Grand Prix.
Onlookers at Donnington in Nottinghamshire couldn’t believe their eyes as the prince walked around the track.

Read more: Wheelie Rider: Prince Harry dons red leathers as he is taken around motorcycle race track | Mail Online

Prince Harry has just completed the ride of a lifetime with a flying lap of the Donington Park circuit as pillion to Randy Mamola on Ducati’s two-seater MotoGP bike

Prince Harry rides Ducati MotoGP bike - | Motorcycle Sport | MotoGP News | MotoGP Results | MCN

Tags
prince harry