Prince Harry Current Events 21: June-November 2007

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
He is not guilty just some silly people trying to drag the Monarchy Through the Mud.

He is not guilty just some silly people trying to drag the Monarchy Through the Mud.
They have the the birds, so I don't think it is a case of making it up. CH has said that Harry and a friend were in the area, although they have refused to say whether they were shooting, (which makes it sound as if they were).

We will have to wait and see.

Harry always seems to be in somekind of trouble.Shouldn't he be at some army base doing some training or something?

CH has said that Harry and a friend were in the area, although they have refused to say whether they were shooting, (which makes it sound as if they were).

True, CH would outright say that they weren't shooting if that was the case. It's troubling that Prince Harry may be involved in this. With a nature preserve right beside Sandringham, one would think shooting birds out of the sky would be outlawed inside the estate.

Harry always seems to be in somekind of trouble.Shouldn't he be at some army base doing some training or something?

Harry and his party were questioned because they were in the area. Anything other than "helping the Police with their enquires" has yet to be established by the Police. If and when they are charged everyone can pull all the old chesnuts out of the fire and give them a toss. But really, have the press nothing better to pad out their stories than the rehashing of "Harry drinking and on drugs at 17" and every other mis-step or mistake he has, or indeed only may have made, is pathetic. Are jounalist's no longer required to actually to see if there even is a story? Had Harry been a passenger on the Titanic I am sure we would be reading about how he caused it to sink!

Not so, if you take the trouble to inform yourself before posting an opinion:

one of the three people looking at the 2 birds flying until paf paf they were shot down was a staff member of Natural England, the government's conservation agency.

If they all 3 had been members of the public it could have been stated that they did not correctly recognize the bird sort.

(Sky dragon I did not know they had found the birds, can they not see from the amunition used which guns where used, they need permits I assume for every gun on the property)

(Sky dragon I did not know they had found the birds, can they not see from the amunition used which guns where used, they need permits I assume for every gun on the property)
I understand that they had to recover the birds to confirm that they were the endangered Hen Harriers. Because it's likely that a shotgun was used, it would be impossible to determine, from the shot recovered, which gun it came from.

We don't know whether it was Harry and/or his friend, many gamekeepers shoot and poison 100's of protected birds every year, to protect the stock (birds) they want to release for people to shoot! :bang:

Up in the Highlands, they recently found 2 poisoned Golden Eagles, 4 Red Kites and a Sea Eagle on various estates, (they are normally disposed of if shot)! :bang:

We don't know that it was Harry or his friend but it would stop the gossip if CH had said they were not shooting in the area.
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
Prince Harry visited the Fleet Diving School in Portsmouth and dived with military personnel during his first visit as Commodore-in-Chief of Small Ships and Diving today.

The Prince of Wales - Prince Harry visits the Royal Navy's fleet diving squadron in Portsmouth as Commodore-in-Chief

Last edited:
I thought Harry was supposed to be a serving officer in the army.

It seems to me as if the army is barely a part-time job as he seems to be on holidays most of the time.

If this is his attitude then he should resign his commission and take on full time royal duties or quit the royal family and live in Africa with his Chelsy.

Wish hed stay I Want him to make Captain at best they could send him to Darfur He could persue his Army duties and Charity ventures

I thought Harry was supposed to be a serving officer in the army.

It seems to me as if the army is barely a part-time job as he seems to be on holidays most of the time.

If this is his attitude then he should resign his commission and take on full time royal duties or quit the royal family and live in Africa with his Chelsy.

Oh meow! At this point he is still a Commissioned Officer in Her Majesty's Military Forces. Unless he is attached to a war zone overseas, and is not on a training course of some sort, like most working stiffs......he gets the weekends off or other days off in lieu!

Last edited:
Oh meow! At this point he is still a Commissioned Officer in Her Majesty's Military Forces. Unless he is attached to a war zone overseas, and is not on a training course of some sort, like most working stiffs......he gets the weekends off or other days off in lieu!

He doesn't appear to ever have worked on a weekend from all the stories about partying and now again in Africa on holiday.

Every officer I know works one weekend in four (or often more often when other officers in their unit are posted overseas to make up the shortfall of duty officers yet Harry seems to to even less duty now while his troops are facing death overseas.)

I have no respect for Harry as he seems to think that he has a right to get drunk all the time and has to take no responsiblity for setting a positive example for people.

Harry and his brother have turned me into a Republican with their lack of royal duties at the ages they have reached. I hope neither of them ever come to my country again and certainly I hope and pray that we have broken free of the BRF before they become the leading members of the RF as they have no concept of duty but only of personal pleasure.

I know what you mean CHRISSY57,my brother is in the army and he's always busy training,taking a course or preformming some other not so glamorious task.He barley has time to come home for a visit once a month,let alone do charity work in Africa,shoot rare birds and party in london every weekend.

Much as I hate to admit it, we have not seen Harry out drinking, partying or doing charity work EVERY weekend, so I think it safe to assume the army didn't put out a notice to inform anyone when he drew duty dog! :rolleyes:

From the Harry diving with Royal Navy article

Harry diving with Royal Navy... while prosecutors prepare to rule on rare bird shooting| News | This is London

I was actually shocked when I finally realized that they are deciding whether or not to charge Prince Harry and other members of the shooting party with the crime of killing hen harriers, and they don't even have any carcasses!

According to the above article, they did not recover the bodies of the endangered birds. In fact, all they have are the statements of "reliable witnesses" that the birds were even shot down. They don't have the dead birds, and they don't have eye witnesses who saw the persons that did the shooting. I don't understand how can they could possibly charge anyone. Wouldn't they need better proof than that?

Taking into account the absence of any carcasses, the authorities are actually taking the words of the witnesses as truth without any physical evidence of wrongdoing. How can that be?

The paragraph below from the article is very similiar to other statements in all of the articles I could find about this bird-shooting incident, and every article I've seen says that the carcasses of the birds were not found. If someone has seen an article that says the carcasses were recovered I'd love to see it, because I genuinely couldn't find one.

I really think it's awful for Prince Harry and his companions to be accused of something as serious as this without any physical evidence that the endangered birds were actually killed.
A paragraph from the article...

"Last night attention was turning back to the Sandringham incident with the Crown Prosecution Service confirming it was expecting to receive the police file on the case today or tomorrow. That will determine if Harry or other members of the shooting party should be charged.

The hen harriers were killed last week, according to three witnesses. But no one saw who fired the shots and no carcasses have been found. All that has been confirmed is that the prince, a keen country sportsman who enjoys pheasant shoots, was in the area at the time and has been spoken to by police.
In addition, police are understood to have interviewed two other people who were with him. One is said to be a member of the Van Cutsem family, who have close ties with the Royal Family. The third is believed to be a game keeper or royal protection officer."

Maybe Skydragon or someone else who is familiar with the british legal process will know the answer to this question: If no carcasses are ever found, how could the Crown Prosecution Service think to charge anyone with anything? Would they actually base their charges on hearsay?

From the Harry diving with Royal Navy article
Once again, as I say with all articles from the Dirty Mail.... reader beware.

This from the Times -
Police were apparently told by the Prince of Wales’s staff that the Prince and a friend were the only people known to be shooting in the area last Wednesday when the two hen harriers were killed.

Prince Harry is questioned over shooting of two rare birds of prey at Sandringham - Times Online

But rest easy, it wouldn't matter whether they had them stuffed and sitting on the mantle, Prince Harry and his friend would not be charged! :eek:

they might not be charged but it was the second time within a week that the RF came in the news in a negative way, they have to manage imo to live anonymusly in their private lives, low profile, no scandels.

Once again, as I say with all articles from the Dirty Mail.... reader beware.

This from the Times -
Police were apparently told by the Prince of Wales’s staff that the Prince and a friend were the only people known to be shooting in the area last Wednesday when the two hen harriers were killed.

Prince Harry is questioned over shooting of two rare birds of prey at Sandringham - Times Online

But rest easy, it wouldn't matter whether they had them stuffed and sitting on the mantle, Prince Harry and his friend would not be charged! :eek:

they might not be charged but it was the second time within a week that the RF came in the news in a negative way, they have to manage imo to live anonymusly in their private lives, low profile, no scandels.

As Harry was at his grandmother's home I don't think he can get much more low profile than that.

Where else is he supposed to spend his life - indoors playing canasta!!

If he can't enjoy the outdoors life on his grandmother's estates he really can't enjoy life anywhere without attracting attention.

The problem in this case is that others saw what they believe are two endangered birds being shot but no one can actually confirm that these two birds were shot.

As much as I have virtually no time for Harry (or his brother) I do believe that until the carcasses of these two birds are produced and examined that this is a mountain in a molehill with people wishing to discredit the House of Windsor again.

As Harry was at his grandmother's home I don't think he can get much more low profile than that......
...... with people wishing to discredit the House of Windsor again.
Perhaps it is time Harry managed to behave then. Just because he was on a private estate, it doesn't mean he can do anything he wants!
The witnesses to the birds being shot out of the sky (you really can't mistake that), would not have known that Harry and his little friend were in the area, it was only the police inquiry that turned that up. If Harry did shoot the birds, the 'carcases are now either buried or taking pride of place on the fireplace in his room.

Perhaps it is time Harry managed to behave then. Just because he was on a private estate, it doesn't mean he can do anything he wants!
The witnesses to the birds being shot out of the sky (you really can't mistake that), would not have known that Harry and his little friend were in the area, it was only the police inquiry that turned that up. If Harry did shoot the birds, the 'carcases are now either buried or taking pride of place on the fireplace in his room.

I agree that he can't do anything he wants if what he wants is illegal but surely he should be able to do legal things on his grandmother's estate and thus be doing it low profile.

If their is evidence that Harry and his pals shot these birds then the full force of the law should be used against them.

If he is only doing legal activities then doing them at his grandmother's estate is surely the place he should be able to do them.

My post was badly worded I think.

I was more concerned about the previous posters comment about keeping a low profile and I meant to suggest that at his grandmother's estate he would be keeping a low profile but I expressed myself badly.

I am probably doing so again but I am trying to separate two things - keeping a low profile and suggesting that at his grandmother's estate that is what he was trying to do but on the other hand doing illegal things is never right regardless of where he does it.

Am I any clearer - as I am currently working 12 hours a day with an hour drive between jobs I am getting tired (and this continues for another 2 weeks during HSC marking).

Am I any clearer - as I am currently working 12 hours a day with an hour drive between jobs I am getting tired (and this continues for another 2 weeks during HSC marking).
As clear as mud as I heard someone say today. :D (I am joking) I understand exactly what you meant, now! :flowers:

skydragon is the investigation closed?

The answer to this question, and to many others yet unasked, will be found in the new thread.

Prince Harry's current events part 19 is here.

  

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom