Prince Harry Current Events 21: June-November 2007

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Harry's is a fool for snorting Vodka how stupid.

I've read that article several times and I 'get' where the artist was going but still, it's appalling. Any comment from 'sources close to the Prince'?

That memorial thing is creepy. This is for real? Or some kind of sick joke? The article makes it sound like some noble work but really it is just weird. I don't like this at all. If they want to do a memorial for the British soldiers who died and were injured in Iraq, fine, great, very noble, but leave Prince Harry out of it. It would be good to let Prince Harry do the unveilling. That would be totally appropriate, and have a plaque on the memorial with the date of the unveilling and his name on there, but this other stuff, the bronze Prince Harry corpse is just a horrible idea.

This is for real? Or some kind of sick joke?

I keep wondering that too Casiraghi - is it a sick joke? I really don't know. Did you go to the memorial website? Also really weird.

I find the statue of Harry for the memorial to be a very strange concept and in very poor taste. Perhaps they could have a statue of a fallen soldier in Iraq service uniform to make a point, but it shouldn't depict anyone in particular, particularly not Harry, who didn't go. I know he wanted to go, but he didn't, and I think it insults those who did serve there and die to be commemorated by a statue of someone whose privileged position kept him safe at home. And I doubt his body have looked so neat, with only missing ears, if he had died in combat, so to that extent it is specific to Harry, who, once again, didn't go. But then I often have trouble with symbolism and metaphors.

I understand what the artist meant to depict, but I still find it extremely bad taste.
I would think those heros, who actually went to Iraq and gave their lives, or simply fought for their country would deserve a memorial more. :ermm:

That is very creepy. I know it is a memorial for those serving in Iraq but to call it "Death of Prince Harry" is taking it a little too far for me. Also, some of the statements in the article don't match up with the pictures. For example, the article states...

"Harry's head is earless, denoting the explicit threats against the Prince from militia leaders saying they planned to send him back to his grandmother "without his ears." A bronze casting of Prince Harry's "severed ears" also set for display at the Trafalgar Hotel will be offered on eBay."

... but when you view the pictures the statue has both its ears.
Then article states that "visitors may place cards and flowers for Harry at the memorial," which to me is like mourning for Harry. IMO they could have made a much better memorial. Not to offend anyone, but with so many brave soldiers dieing everyday why mourn someone who is alive?

The picture in the article with Harry pulling Chelsy's luggage was an interesting look into the relationship and how they view themselves in the world. A great display of normality that both princes long for. It's interesting that Prince Harry wishes to 'act' normal and do normal things, while the likes of Michael Jackson has people hold his umbrella and name his children Prince.

Where does everyone Henry (Just Curious ) :p When Hes his Grandmothers age Army and otherwise also same for William any Ideas ?? Seeing info on the Diamond Anniversary made me wonder Like will they be married for 60 Years what will their lives be like at age 60.

It's interesting that Prince Harry wishes to 'act' normal and do normal things, while the likes of Michael Jackson has people hold his umbrella and name his children Prince.

Yep, but he ain't the only one. Sean "P Diddy" also has an "umbrella man" while he spends summer days in St Tropez to protect his super-moisturized & toned complexion from the UV rays. :D

To give my 2 cents worth on Royal Fan's speculation:
I think at 60 Prince Harry will be a retired Army General, with a wife, probably Chelsy, and children and maybe grandchildren. I can see him with a full head of glistening white hair while his brother is bald with the side & bottom rear patches of dark grey. :lol:

I'm truly at a loss of words. That's completely awful. I gfuess I can understand where the artist was going but....I just hope it's some sort of insane hoax or something.

I just saw a picture of the ´death Harry statue´ in my local newspaper.
The artist wants to get attention and this happened. But i think there should be other ways to protest against the war in Iraq.
This statue is for me extremly bad taste!:mad: It doesn´t help the soldiers who fight in Iraq or the one who stay at home. And the popularity of the Prince is used in a unacceptable way.:bang:

I think Prince Harry has a bad habit of behaving in a way that suggests he is not "the sharpest tool in the shed," as *they* say. I think he has a brain, actually, but often forgets or neglects to use it. It's clear he has a good brain because when he does use it, he does well, such as in the Matt Lauer interview, on public and charitable engagements, at the Diana concert and memorial service.... At these events, he was impeccable. But then there is the Prince Harry who goes to clubs and acts crazy with his friends, and does stupid things for cheap laughs, and this side of Harry's life takes front row in the media because it is much more entertaining for the tabloids than the sober, composed, compassionate Prince at formal events.
He must find a way to get the reins over this "darker" side. Sometimes I think if Prince Harry did not have his bodyguards to restrain him, he would have had been in jail by now! :ermm: Look at his cousin Alex Fellowes, at a drinking club party a few years ago, in a bar fight where someone was badly hurt and arrested and fined.... ultimately, the episode was smoothed over, and I'm sure Alex learned his lesson because we haven't heard of any other trouble about him, but it does sound like something Harry could easily be involved in, with his temper....

Good grief. As Hermione Granger would say: WHAT an idiot. :hermione:

Gohsss his father must do something!!! For sure Diana will do something regarding Harry behaviour!!! What a shame Harry, he doesn't seam to be a royal educated person at all!

I find the picture funny where he looks so pleased that he got a wineglass sticking to his nipple. He is such a baby.........

I find the picture funny where he looks so pleased that he got a wineglass sticking to his nipple. He is such a baby.........
He is adorable. no arguments there! But, for god sake...

This boy is a Prince of the United Kingdom. A little more is expected.

At least he's got his (under)pants on. Give him credit for that. :D

It's a shame if these people were supposed to be his close friends and then they go and sell him out...cold...

Agree 100%
Even if he wasn't a Prince I would't like to see my son on that picture behaving like that:bang:

Yes I wonder what some of the other boys' families are thinking about these shots.

It's a shame if these people were supposed to be his close friends and then they go and sell him out...cold...

Good observation. The old motto of staying true to your troops to the end seems to matter little when the papers pay so much for photos like these. BTW, I noticed that three papers claimed that they had the same exclusive photos.

Pretty exclusive wouldn't you say? :rolleyes:

At least he's got his (under)pants on. Give him credit for that. :D

Come on people, He is isn't in any official royal engagement here. Most military guys pal around like that when not in public. Coming from a military family myself, I am sure my brother, dad and uncles and husband for that matter, all did the same in their day. As my father always said, it's the visible camera that should be worried about and whose behind it. Let's let the guy breathe at least. You haven't seen him behave "stupidly" in official Royal engagements.

MM
;)

Last edited:

I know. Its shows you can't really trust anybody. If I were in his position, I would never allow people to video tape me doing anything, even if it seems harmless.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom