Prince Harry Current Events 20: May-June 2007

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Jo of Palatine said:
In my humble opinion, prince Harry can do more good to mankind if he works for charities and "Sentebale" instead of being a soldier. :flowers:

My thoughts exactly. I think leaving the army and devoting himself to charity work would be the best choice for him now.

christinacg said:
My thoughts exactly. I think leaving the army and devoting himself to charity work would be the best choice for him now.
I also agree he can do more good in the charity world, and I think with Chelsy's education it would be a huge help working as a team. I think he will still have to serve out his time in the Army, you can't just quit. Anyone have any idea how long that might be?

lyndaW said:
I also agree he can do more good in the charity world, and I think with Chelsy's education it would be a huge help working as a team. I think he will still have to serve out his time in the Army, you can't just quit. Anyone have any idea how long that might be?
I believe he signed up for the full 20+ years, his only way out would be to buy out his commission and even then, he would have to give 12 months notice (which if he is deployed, he will be unable to do)

I don't think that charity work will be sufficient for Harry, he would have to get a 'real' job, one that pays a reasonable salary, otherwise we are back to the Catherine Middleton saga of him being a layabout! :rolleyes:

must we drag an ex-gf of a sr. royal into every thread?

Harry as a senior royal of the family will be on public pay roll if he no longer in the army, hence doing public duty which includes charity and appearances is what we expect our monarchy from. However, I highly doubt he'll quit the army, he needs to show his commitment and resilience. There are 100s of men and women in the army who were never deployed into foreign soils, do they also quit because they did not get their 'wish? Its advisable for him to at lease give 5 yrs into the army and show what he's made off.

Last edited:
Is One Wearing Knickers?

:ohmy:This is a wrong move and he should know better than to pose for a camera with such women:ermm:

News of the World: News

DRUNKEN Prince Harry is pictured slobbering all over girls in a sleazy club — just hours after our 150th soldier died in Iraq. As British troops mourned the landmark casualty, we can reveal Harry spent his off-duty hours on army training in Canada SLUGGING back booze and SNOGGING barmaids.

Lamyah said:
:ohmy:This is a wrong move and he should know better than to pose for a camera with such women:ermm:

I think that is the whole point. He does know better than that. He has been gutted by the deployment debacle. Worse, IMO he is making a point. Who the h*** cares if he's drunk or sober. He tried to do the right thing, and thanks to the media news explosion his whole life has changed.

The news trickling out that he wants to leave the army sooner rather than later seems to back up his initial statements that if he could not serve with his unit then it was nothing but a waste of time.

Apart from all the politically correct garbage about the rights and wrongs of deploying him in the field, he is now in the invidious position of being nothing but a wind-up toy soldier. Something he swore he would never be, and the MoD assured him never happen.

He will never be able to gain promotion on his own merit as he will be competing with fellow officers who have proved their worth under fire. Therefore, any promotion he gets will be undeserved, not least in his own opinion. His career, such as it is, is over!

As for partying up large whilst Britain marked the 150th death in the war zone? I doubt he was aware of it and, if he was, all the more reason to try to shut out the news. In short, whilst he may not be able to drown his sorrows, he's sure going to make them swim for it!

The more I read stories like this, the more I feel sorry for him. Strip away the royal title, he's just a guy named Harry trying to find a place in life where he's comfortable and successful and is finding road blocks at every turn. What is he supposed to do? The MoD screwed this up so bad, it's not even funny.

He can bunk with Paris Hilton. So they can cry to each other about how unfair life is.:rolleyes:

I think Vito Corleone's response to "what should I do Godfather" summed it up nicely: "YOU CAN ACT LIKE A MAN"!!

Last edited:
Are you seriously equating Paris Hilton and Prince Harry? Paris is where she is right now because she chose to break the law and chose to break the law again after that. What does any of that have to do with Harry's situation re: the war and the MoD?

Paris Hilton has no standing to whine about how unfair she's being treated. Harry on the other hand, got screwed over and I feel, has a legitimate reason to be angry.

Lamyah said:
How could he or any of the other off duty officers and men who were out enjoying themselves have known about another death.

However it is fast becoming 'conduct unbecoming an officer'!

Lamyah said:

Harry's behaviour is a disgrace not only for his family but also for the army. It's offensive against those who are doing their duty and put their lives in danger.

Two thoughts - for one it's another PR desaster, people who are close to Harry - be it his family or his employer, the army, should tell him how to behave in public. I know NotW is one of the worst papers around but it's much too easy just to blame the media.

Secondly, everybody acknowledges that Harry went through a lot of bad things, the last one being banned from doing his job in Iraq. It must affect him, no question. But instead of binge drinking in clubs and surrounding himself with cheap girls he should use his energy for some valuable things such as his charity in Lesotho.

This is a major PR desaster. According to a number of sources, after the deployment desaster Harry had been told in no uncertain terms by senior military people and royal aides to keep a very very low profile while his unit was away in Iraq, particularly to make sure that he is not getting caught drinking in public. He has managed to do that for only a few weeks. I am also wondering if Chelsy will have enough of it sooner than later. I understand that after the last fooling around extravaganza Harry got a lot of flak from Chelsy.

William appears to be able to behave much more sensibly and follows advice given as since the Middleton break-up, he has kept a very low profile and confined himself to his barracks most of the time.

Duke of Marmalade said:
But instead of binge drinking in clubs and surrounding himself with cheap girls he should use his energy for some valuable things such as his charity in Lesotho.
Reality check. 1 :bang:

Whilst Harry may very well want to do that, he is still in the army, and, unlike any old job, he doesn't get to stick it to the boss and walk. He is there for at least a year, or until his MoD bosses cut him loose or deploy him.

Not only does he have to stay, he also is supposed to look like he is really enjoying his unplanned trip to Canada, and probably several other fun little diversions, instead of being where he intended to be......with his unit in Iraq. :rolleyes:

Luv2Cruise said:
He can bunk with Paris Hilton. So they can cry to each other about how fair life is. :rolleyes:

I think Vito Corleone's response to "what shall I do Godfather" summed it up nicely: "YOU CAN ACT LIKE A MAN"!!
Reality check 2 :bang:

You have obviously spent too much time watching 'The Godfather'. This is real life, not a movie!! Paris Hilton is a Californian airhead famous for being famous who found out th hard way that didn't include not having to obey the law, twice! The analogy is insulting.

As for acting like a man. I guess that would mean joining the military in a time of conflict. Striving to make the grade (which includes gaining the respect of his subordinates), advanced training and preparing to deploy with his unit.

You missed the point.

He is a man.

The MoD have turned him into a toy soldier.

Are you trying to turn him into a laughingstock as well?

I feel sorry for Harry. The Army was where he found a place for himself, where he could shine, and not be in the shadows of anyone. Then he is told he cannot go to war with the rest of his boys he's been training hard with.

It had to be a big blow to him. Just another reminder of how limited his life can be due to the family he was born into. I believe the correct decision was made not to send him, for the safety of the other boys he'd be serving with. I do beleive they would have been a target. But for Harry it must have been hard. I think in time he will see why it had to be done.

Now it seems he has gone back to seek attention the other way we always see him, that is partying. Lets hope its just temporary. And remember, although he is representing his family, he still is just a very young boy.

I will pray for Harry. He will find his place.

WindsorIII said:
I feel sorry for Harry. The Army was where he found a place for himself, where he could shine, and not be in the shadows of anyone. Then he is told he cannot go to war with the rest of his boys he's been training hard with.
It seemas sort of unfair.

WindsorIII said:
It had to be a big blow to him. Just another reminder of how limited his life can be due to the family he was born into. I believe the correct decision was made not to send him, for the safety of the other boys he'd be serving with. I do beleive they would have been a target. But for Harry it must have been hard. I think in time he will see why it had to be done.
I am not sure that it was correct decion was made, however, any of the troops are targets and not sure that Harry being their would have made worse.
Prince Harry and Calgary bartender stir up a storm
I told him, 'You look like someone.' He laughed and said, 'Really, who do I look like?' It was then I realized he was Prince Harry -- but he joked his name was Gary," Cymbalisty told the News of the World. "He was obsessed about my outfit.
"He said there were so many beautiful women in Cowboys," Cymbalisty told the News of the World. "But for the most part, he kept looking at me, shaking his head and going, 'Wow!' I started to get embarrassed."
The pair were supposed to attend a party together afterward, but the story says Cymbalisty was too tired and went home.
Previous reports said the prince arrived with friends late and stayed until closing, marvelling at the lack of media scrutiny.
Many Cowboys staff didn't recognize the prince at first, including the bouncers, who checked the prince's passport to make sure he was old enough to enter.
Cowboys manager Doug Donald said the British tabloid greatly exaggerated the entire encounter.
"They're sure mean to that kid," Donald said Saturday.
"He was a gentleman the whole time. He wasn't slobbering over girls -- that's pretty unfair.
"I would just absolutely hate to have to live in that fishbowl that I'm sure he does," he said.
The Cowboys visit is the only confirmed Calgary sighting of Harry.
What do you all think?

Last edited:
Prince Harry gets desk job in Canada

June 11, 2007

var title1 = document.title;
New Delhi: Prince Harry’s army career has taken a new turn with the third line to the throne swapping a combat role for a desk job as a staff officer, media reports said.

Prince Harry has been sent the British Army's battle-training facility at Suffield in Canada.

It is his first posting since the decision was taken to from being deployed in Iraq with his troops from The Blues and Royals of the Household Cavalry.

Newspaper reports over the weekend suggested that Prince Harry was being given extra training on Scimitars, a reconnaissance vehicle used by his unit, as a prelude to sending him covertly to Afghanistan.

However, The Times has learnt that Prince Harry's time in Canada, based at the British Army Training Unit Suffield (Batus) in Alberta is more to do with office work than preparing for an armoured role in Afghanistan.

Prince Harry gets a desk job in Canada : Prince Harry, Canada, training, Afghanistan : IBNLive.com : CNN-IBN

Harry upset at criticism of his partying ways

British Royal Prince Harry is upset about his criticism over drinking and kissing barmaids at a club in Canada, hours after the 150th soldier died in Iraq. Immediately after the publication of Harry's pictures, his critics said that his flirting at Cowboys club in Calgary last Wednesday showed that he was lacking respect for the British Army

Harry upset at criticism of his partying ways - Yahoo! India News

From the article

"Harry, just like any member of the British Army, is upset by the suggestion that by enjoying a night out with colleagues he is showing a lack of respect. Does this mean everyone in the Army should be teetotal and avoid going out?" added the source."

I am not the source! :ROFLMAO:

Skydragon said:
Harry upset at criticism of his partying ways

British Royal Prince Harry is upset about his criticism over drinking and kissing barmaids at a club in Canada, hours after the 150th soldier died in Iraq. Immediately after the publication of Harry's pictures, his critics said that his flirting at Cowboys club in Calgary last Wednesday showed that he was lacking respect for the British Army

Harry upset at criticism of his partying ways - Yahoo! India News

From the article

"Harry, just like any member of the British Army, is upset by the suggestion that by enjoying a night out with colleagues he is showing a lack of respect. Does this mean everyone in the Army should be teetotal and avoid going out?" added the source."

I am not the source! :ROFLMAO:

What a pathetic article! It's not about enjoying a night out but the way it's done. Yes, I call it disrespectful for a prince or an army member to go out bingedrinking and womanizing on a regular basis while being witnessed by the Yellow Press, even worse when, at the same time, other army members are out on duty and unfortunate enough to lose their lives. Harry must have been told about the consequences but it seems he doesn't understand. Why? No idea. He should be even more sensitive as he (and William) knew some of the soldiers personally who died on duty in the past months. Instead, both princes are in the headlines each day when either partying or buying the complete booze stock in a supermarket. It's ridiculous to complain on the one hand that their feelings are hurt by a Channel 4 programme that has been blown out of porportion when on the other hand they seem to have no sensibility or respect at all towards the feelings of their fellow servicemen / women, family or institutions such as British Army or Monarchy.

Last edited:
Skydragon said:
Nobody has been able to confirm that Harry is in Canada, lets hope it stays that way! :angel:

If Harry is going to be deployed his location is going to have to be kept secret;otherwise,the press reports will tip off kidnapping-minded terrorists and Harry won't get his chance to serve.Harry really does want to serve;because of the Hewitt-related gossip,he's been throwing himself into his training to escape.So,he should get his chance to serve.

Skydragon said:
I think we can attribute the salacious quotes to the reporter rather than the girl concerned! :rolleyes: :lol:

you're probably right! :)

With Harry safely ensconced in Canada we'll take the opportunity to move threads.

Part 18 of Prince Harry current events can be found here.
o

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom