The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Reigning Houses > British Royals > Current Events Archive

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 05-28-2007, 06:07 PM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by HRH Kimetha
So, then if Charles doesn't give his approval, they can't go to Parliament after 25?
That wasn't the point. The point was that the official approval comes from the monarch and he isn't monarch.

If he not not approve, but the Queen did, there would be no legal impediments.

Old 05-29-2007, 06:01 AM
Imperial Majesty

Prince Harry may still get a chance to see action

Prince Harry could still fulfil his dream of serving in a war zone after Army chiefs drew up plans for him to serve with UK forces in Afghanistan this summer.

Prince Harry may still get a chance to see action | the Daily Mail

The Ginger Pimpernel: Prince Harry Is Everywhere

IS that really Prince Harry on his own in a Bristol nightclub? (Pic: The Spine)

The Sun thinks so, inviting readers to observe “Harry no-mates” as he takes in the sights and smells of Bristol’s Syndicate nightspot.

The Ginger Pimpernel: Prince Harry Is Everywhere » Big Brother Celebrity News & Gossip : Anorak

Prince Harry the movie?

Prince Harry's life story is to be turned into a Bond-style action film, according to reports.

Prince Harry the movie? - Yahoo! Movies UK

Old 05-30-2007, 10:24 AM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by selrahc4
That wasn't the point. The point was that the official approval comes from the monarch and he isn't monarch.

If he not not approve, but the Queen did, there would be no legal impediments.
However, how I interpret what chrissy57 said, "My understanding of the RMA is that they need the Queen's approval until they are over 25. Once over 25 they can notify Parliament of the desire to marry and, if, after one year, neither house raises any objection they can marry without the monarch's approval. They don't need to ask Parliament if they have the monarch's approval. The monarch, having given that approval, will notify the Privy Council. Charles, could in theory, not approve of a marriage of one of his sons during the reign of the present monarch."
that if Charles doesn't approve of the marriage, the sons would have to go to Parliament, if they are over 25, behind their father's back? Or, through the monarch?

Probably so simple explanation, but I still don't get it.

Anyway, what if both the monarch and Prince Charles doesn't want a marriage and the Prince's are over 25, will asking Parliament still be legal to do EVEN if both the reigning monarch and prince decides they are against the marriage?
Old 05-30-2007, 10:40 AM
Imperial Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by HRH Kimetha
Probably so simple explanation, but I still don't get it.

Anyway, what if both the monarch and Prince Charles doesn't want a marriage and the Prince's are over 25, will asking Parliament still be legal to do EVEN if both the reigning monarch and prince decides they are against the marriage?
If the Queen agrees and Charles says no, Harry or William can still get married.
If the Queen says no, they have to wait until they are 25 and ask parliament, both houses must agree to the marriage.
While the Queen is alive and the monarch, Charles has no legal say in the matter.
Old 05-30-2007, 10:54 AM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skydragon
If the Queen agrees and Charles says no, Harry or William can still get married.
If the Queen says no, they have to wait until they are 25 and ask parliament, both houses must agree to the marriage.
While the Queen is alive and the monarch, Charles has no legal say in the matter.
Just one more question, what will happen if the Parliament says no but the Queen gives her permission?
Queen Elizabeth: "I cannot lead you into battle, I do not give you laws or administer justice but I can do something else, I can give you my heart and my devotion to these old islands and to all the peoples of our brotherhood of nations." God, Save The Queen!
Old 05-30-2007, 10:58 AM
Imperial Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Avalon
Just one more question, what will happen if the Parliament says no but the Queen gives her permission?
If the Queen has said yes, parliament wouldn't even be asked.

So his only option would be to get the Queen drunk enough to sign on the dotted line!
Old 05-30-2007, 11:03 AM
Heir Apparent

Now everything seems to be clear, to me at least.
Thanks for claryfing Skdragon!

The Princes will have many opportunities then - some time around Christmas would be the best.
Queen Elizabeth: "I cannot lead you into battle, I do not give you laws or administer justice but I can do something else, I can give you my heart and my devotion to these old islands and to all the peoples of our brotherhood of nations." God, Save The Queen!
Old 05-30-2007, 08:37 PM
Nobility

Quote:
If the Queen has said yes, parliament wouldn't even be asked.

So his only option would be to get the Queen drunk enough to sign on the dotted line!
Not even if Harry were under 25.
Old 05-30-2007, 10:04 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Avalon
Now everything seems to be clear, to me at least.
Thanks for claryfing Skdragon!

The Princes will have many opportunities then - some time around Christmas would be the best.
Or maybe around Ascot time, especially if one of HM's horses has just won.
Old 05-31-2007, 06:40 AM
Imperial Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by kpusa1981
Not even if Harry were under 25.
It is only if the Queen is against the marriage, that Harry would have to wait until he is 25 and ask for consent from both houses. So if he asked to get married now and the Queen said yes, parliament would not be asked.
Old 06-01-2007, 08:58 AM

I think all the technicalities would be fulfilled even before the announcement, and by the time the Palace issued such an announcement, the asking of the Queen and Parliament would be only for show. I think by the time anything reaches that stage, the asking of permission is just a formality.
Old 06-01-2007, 03:04 PM
Imperial Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by CasiraghiTrio
I think all the technicalities would be fulfilled even before the announcement, and by the time the Palace issued such an announcement, the asking of the Queen and Parliament would be only for show. I think by the time anything reaches that stage, the asking of permission is just a formality.
No announcement would be made until the Queen consented or it was to be debated.
Old 06-02-2007, 06:15 AM
Imperial Majesty

Prince Harry training in Alberta

SUFFIELD -- Royalty touched down at CFB Suffield with the arrival of Prince Harry, the third in line to the British throne who is now training at the southern Alberta base for a tour of duty in war-torn Afghanistan

CANOE -- CNEWS - Canada: Prince Harry training in Alberta

"but London media have reported" - Oh it's official then!
Old 06-02-2007, 12:49 PM

Well, everything has a source. There is no reason for anyone to make it up that he is training there.
Old 06-02-2007, 02:46 PM
Nobility

It sounds like a good sign for him and the possiblity of getting deployed.
Old 06-02-2007, 04:18 PM
Imperial Majesty

Quote:
Well, everything has a source. There is no reason for anyone to make it up that he is training there.
I wasn't commenting on whether Harry is somewhere or not, or the apparent source at the base, but on this statement:-
"but London media have reported an alternative plan was devised by army officials".
Old 06-02-2007, 07:22 PM

Quote:
I wasn't commenting on whether Harry is somewhere or not, or the apparent source at the base, but on this statement:-
"but London media have reported an alternative plan was devised by army officials".
Oh right, on the supposedly alternative plan to send him to Afghanistan, as if that is much safer than Iraq!
Old 06-02-2007, 07:27 PM
Imperial Majesty

Quote:
Oh right, on the supposedly alternative plan to send him to Afghanistan, as if that is much safer than Iraq!
I don't know why we don't just let the media run the world, they seem to think they have all the answers and what they don't know, they will make up!
Old 06-02-2007, 10:26 PM
Aristocracy

Quote:
And my "source" was my son, who is living in Alberta. He said that there had been rumours for several days now. I assured him that it was quite unlikely that Harry come to Canada.
He was quite happy to say "I told you so" to his mother.
Old 06-03-2007, 05:52 AM
Imperial Majesty

Nobody has been able to confirm that Harry is in Canada, lets hope it stays that way!

Closed Thread

Tags
prince harry