Prince Harry Current Events 23: July 2008-May 2009

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
NOTW is a tabloid, about as reliable as any other. They have all been speculating that Harry would be a target ever since it was revealed that he was serving in Afghanistan. It probably is true to a certain extent.

The NoTW are considered 'bottom feeders' and 'sleazy' by many in the UK. The four personal protection offices do not appear to be doing anything more than the usual rotation when he is in the UK and as he has been abroad, I doubt the accuracy of their 'source'. If he only managed to 'direct' 3 air strikes, he ought to be considered for more training!:whistling:

The NoTW are considered 'bottom feeders' and 'sleazy' by many in the UK. The four personal protection offices do not appear to be doing anything more than the usual rotation when he is in the UK and as he has been abroad, I doubt the accuracy of their 'source'. If he only managed to 'direct' 3 air strikes, he ought to be considered for more training!:whistling:

Thanks, Skydragon, for the quick answer.

Bottom feeders! :lol: nice expression. I am definitly brushing up my english on this website. Thanks for this, too.

Bottom feeders! :lol: nice expression. I am definitly brushing up my english on this website. Thanks for this, too.
The term "bottom feeder" refers to the marine or aquatic creatures that feed off the bottom of the ocean, river, lake, aquarium etc. It is now used colloquially to describe con men, low-life and sleazy pursuits, and can be applied to the worst of the gutter press.

How funny that you have "bottom feeders" in Australia, too, Warren! One of my beginning lawyer friends, a very nice individual, used to refer to himself as a "bottom feeder".

Yes, I should have included ambulance-chasing lawyers in the list. :flowers:

And that's precisely why I don't like lobster!!!!:lol:

The term "bottom feeder" refers to the marine or aquatic creatures that feed off the bottom of the ocean, river, lake, aquarium etc. It is now used colloquially to describe con men, low-life and sleazy pursuits, and can be applied to the worst of the gutter press.

If he can be protected and everything taken care of and hes treatedlike regular Lt why not.

:previous: That is the whole point. If it were not for paparazzi he would not need protection any more than any other soldier. :censored:

There was Harry happily doing his job, not his first choice because the media blew that for him, but still doing what he is trained for, and along comes some bottom-dwelling journo who accidentally exposed his disguise :ninja:. Yeah right! :evil:

It is the media who ensure that he actually "needs" protection, by blowing his cover (unintentionally of course :hornets: ) and in so doing "creating their next headline/bottomline" about how Prince Harry has to be removed from danger in the front lines because the enemy now know precisely who he is, where he is and what he is doing. :bang:

They will rattle on about how he really shouldn't have been there in the first place because it is dangerous and it costs heaps to mount an emergency extraction when it wouldn't have been necessary if he just stayed home in the first place. :dizzy:

The fact that tracking him to Bijou's rather that Afghanistan is a lot cheaper and less personally dangerous to any high minded journo who is just doing their job trying to show the working-class that all royalty are booze swilling horray henry's who should really be earning their keep doing something really important for their country. Something like . . . . oh I don't know, maybe joining the Army and fighting for Queen and Country. :doh:

Give me strength! It's dinner and my :wine: is waiting for me!

Marg, I'm sure you can find more of those smilie things if you look hard enough. There's no point in having your post looking underdone. :)
There are some lines looking positively smilie-deficient!

:previous: I know, I know! What can I say? I think I'm addicted to them, especially when venting my spleen. Saves labouring the brain cells to think of suitably appropriate invective! :hiding:

I really have to work hard to keep the hampster from falling off the wheel! :hamster:

Mind you, I think there's a lot to be said for the theory that if Harry's in England it's a lot easier for the journalists than if he's in Afghanistan.

Oh, and Marg - that post only had nine smilies. The limit is ten. No wonder Warren thought it was looking deficient...:D

Mandela had a lot of respect and admiration for Diana and he even insisted on paying his respects at her grave. Now we read about Harry's trip and his feelings regarding Mandela. I find that very interesting...

Harry makes pilgrimage to the cell where his hero served 18 years

you know.. i think it wonderful that Prince Harry (and Prince William) do things like that for themselves and their education of the world and history. Instead of just doing things like that for photos like many others.

If he can be protected and everything taken care of and hes treated like regular Lt why not.
He isn't though, is he. He was treated like .... Royalty, with his own guards! :whistling:

But surely that is not Harry's fault, unless he got paid for the ad? :ermm:

Last edited by a moderator:
I think Daily Star got the dates wrong on the polo game they are talking about. It's actually two years ago on 15th July 2006. It was the Army vs Navy match during Rundle Cup Day. Here is a photo from Getty Image: Getty Images - Unsupported browser detected

Since it was a charity match, Harry or his team wouldn't have been paid directly. However, Hackett probably donated money as part of sponsorship. So by technicality, Harry is a beneficiary of the sponsorship. Though Daily Star isn't on top of its game to be reporting two years late.

:previous: My, my Sky, you do have a way with way with words. Such brevity, such wit, such truth! :ROFLMAO:

I do believe this trip will have some kind of caravan! :D

:previous:
There's no point doing a charity bike run if there's no-one there to see and record it.
The greater the exposure, the greater the "awareness" and money raised.

Harry's in Alberta, Canada to continue his training...

Apparently, he was spotted in a bar (in his best behavior) with his army mates, and had something to say about William...""(Harry) was really short about (his father), didn't say much about him. But he was saying how his brother's in love."

Prince Harry spotted at Alberta pub

Apparently, he was spotted in a bar (in his best behavior) with his army mates, ...

I'm sure it was disappointing for the gossip columnists. Hmm, a prince not seen fallen drunk or chatting up the ladies. What are they going to do about the next headline?:ROFLMAO:

I, for one, am relieved that there was nothing much to report about his trip to the club. :)

I'm sure it was disappointing for the gossip columnists. Hmm, a prince not seen fallen drunk or chatting up the ladies. What are they going to do about the next headline?:ROFLMAO:

Third in line to the throne Prince Harry celebrates his 24th birthday on Monday as a poll names him Britain's coolest young royal.

b

Harry beat his cousin Zara Phillips, brother Prince William and other relatives Princesses Beatrice and Eugenie to the coveted title.

'Cool' Harry celebrating birthday - Yahoo! News UK

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom