The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 04-03-2004, 08:50 PM
Serene Highness

My English is not verry well done. But I hope that yoo may undeerstand my pointe.

Old 04-03-2004, 08:54 PM
Serene Highness

Princes Harry & William really do make me draw a wry smile. Niether of them have the faintest intention of carrying out Royal duties at any time and the media seems to fall for it at every turn. Wait until the "gap year"; "uni year" & in the future; "army/naval year" is over and then take pictures they cry! These two boys are playing for time. They clearly have no wish to live in the spotlight at any time and I wish that they would stop stringing the public along.

Old 04-03-2004, 08:57 PM
Serene Highness

Thank you to my English cousin. Corrected version.
Old 04-03-2004, 09:09 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally posted by angela@Apr 3rd, 2004 - 8:47 pm
Princes Harry & Wiliam really do make me draw a wry smile. Nethier of them have the faintest of intention of carring out Royal duties at any time and the media seem to fall for it at every turn. Wait until the "gap year"; "uni year" & in the future; "army/naval year" is over and then take pictures they cry! these two boys are plying for time. They clearly have no wish to live in the spoylight at any time aqnd I wish that they wouuld stop stringing the public along I
I don't think either William or Harry are stringing the public along. William is presently in university and I think that expecting him to do royal duties on top of his studites would be a lot for him to handle at such a young age. As for Harry on his gap year, there have been several occasions with the press, in Australia and most recently in Lesotho, at which he was doing very good works with young children.

They both have the rest of their lives to carry on royal duties. I don't think they won't live up to the high standards set by their family members such as the Queen, Princess Anne or their mother just because they do not carry a rigorous royal schedule yet.

These boys have been through a lot in their young lives, with their parents very public and acrimonious divorce, then their mother's death and all the drama and accusations surrounding it. I think it's important that these boys have some private space and time to come into themselves, sort things out emotionally, etc. before taking on royal duties.

I don't think in any way that they are planning on shirking or dodging the inevitable royal duties just because they are are asking for private space now.
Old 04-03-2004, 09:23 PM
Serene Highness

Don't get me wrong! I am not being critical of the boys. It is precisley for the very reasons that you cite that I think that the British Royal Family will gradually drift into the horizon and no one could blame those two poor boys for that.
Old 04-03-2004, 10:34 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally posted by angela@Apr 3rd, 2004 - 9:23 pm
I think that the British Royal Family will gradually drift into the horizon and no one could blame those two poor boys for that.
A lot of criticisms and scandals have rocked the British royal family in the past that have always "threatened" to eradicate them and bring down the monarchy, but they have always been proven to maintain their stronghold and remain a firm British institution.

In the present Queen's generation alone there have been countless scandals: Wallis Simpson and the abdication, Princess Margaret and all the scandals surrounding her, Camilla/Charles/Diana, Diana's death and the subsequent allegations of Charles' potential role in it, Sarah Ferguson, Sophie and the Sheik/News of the World reporter, and on and on and on.

Despite all these, the British royals remain and carry on. Whatever people may think of Charles' ability to be King and any scandals associated with him, and any other scandals attached to the royal family, the Queen and the Queen Mother do/did good works and set positive examples for the rest of the country and both of whom the British people have a tremendous fondness for.

In the least, whether the royal family is eradicated or not, they will always maintain a firm hold in British history.
Old 05-17-2004, 05:46 PM
Aristocracy

I couldn't find a harry news thread otherwise I would have put it there...

link

link1

Alexander Smith

Old 05-20-2004, 03:11 PM
Heir Presumptive

Any news?
Old 05-29-2004, 12:34 AM
Royal Highness

looks like Prince Harry was at the Jordanian Royal wedding of May 2004. See right quarter of picture:

http://www.petra.gov.jo/photos/2004/150/a05.jpg
Old 05-29-2004, 03:00 AM
Majesty

he really looks like... if so, he have cut his hair...
but that girl is much more older than he is...
http://www.theanimalrescuesite.com/
Take some time to sign the petitions @: http://www.thepetitionsite.com/animal-welfare/all
Old 05-29-2004, 10:04 AM
Heir Apparent

are you serious! Harry intives Jordan Wedding? without his dad? or his dad said ok?

Sara Boyce
Old 05-29-2004, 11:45 AM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally posted by sara1981@May 29th, 2004 - 9:04 am
are you serious! Harry intives Jordan Wedding? without his dad? or his dad said ok?

Sara Boyce
it wasn't Harry.. just some redheaded guy who looked strangely like him
Old 05-29-2004, 06:34 PM
Gentry

No way that's Harry. I don't think the guy even looks like him.
Old 05-29-2004, 08:44 PM
Heir Presumptive

There is no way that guy is Harry
Old 06-07-2004, 04:52 PM
Heir Presumptive

Any news on prince Harry?
Old 06-07-2004, 06:37 PM
Commoner

*sigh* he cut his hair, lol. He's so gorgeous. I'd like to think that I would possibly jump him if i met him, lol.
Old 06-08-2004, 05:07 PM
Heir Presumptive

To think of the days when he used to grow it out! :P
Old 06-13-2004, 03:54 AM

http://www.princeofwales.gov.uk/princes/ha...es/africa01.jpg

March 2004

Prince Harry, the younger son of The Prince of Wales, leads young orphan Mutsu Potsane, aged four, by the hand to plant a peach tree at the Mants'ase Children's Home for orphans near Mohale's Hoek, around 60 miles south of Maseru in Lesotho

http://www.princeofwales.gov.uk/princes/ha...es/africa02.jpg

Prince Harry, with young orphan Mutsu Potsane, 4, after they planted a peach tree together at the Mants'ase Children's Home for orphans near Mohale's Hoek, around 60 miles south of Maseru in Lesotho

http://www.princeofwales.gov.uk/princes/ha...es/africa03.jpg

Prince Harry with young orphan, Mutsu Potsane, after they planted a peach tree together at the Mants'ase Children's Home for orphans near Mohale's Hoek, around 60 miles south of Maseru in Lesotho.

http://www.princeofwales.gov.uk/princes/ha...es/africa04.jpg

Prince Harry helps to build a fence, at the Mants'ase Children's Home for orphans near Mohale's Hoek, around 60 miles south of Maseru in Lesotho.

http://www.princeofwales.gov.uk/princes/ha...es/africa05.jpg

Prince Harry outside the Mants'ase Children's Home for orphans near Mohale's Hoek, around 60 miles south of Maseru in Lesotho.

reem
Old 06-13-2004, 04:05 AM

http://www.princeofwales.gov.uk/princes/ha...mages/03-01.jpg

http://www.princeofwales.gov.uk/princes/ha...mages/01-01.jpg

Closed Thread

Tags
prince harry