Prince Harry Current Events 2: September 2003-August 2004

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally posted by lala22+Feb 6th, 2004 - 1:30 pm--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (lala22 @ Feb 6th, 2004 - 1:30 pm)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-gaoshan1021@Jan 6th, 2004 - 8:57 pm
Prince Harry loves cigarette, tobacco, and liquor.
What kind of model is he setting for his people?
Is there a difference between cigarettes and tobacco? Many people, especially when young try nicotine and alchohol. It doesn't make them bad role models, or at least not as bad as those who get divorced in their late 20s.

Anyway, Prince Harry is a real Prince of Hearts and Kisses:

http://www.thesun.co.uk/article/0,,2-2004060567,00.html

Oh, maybe I should add a warning of *Adult Content*. So hide your eyes, little kiddies. [/b][/quote]
holycow!

if his dad would find out of his sons about girls got off the clothes show the breast front of the HM Queen 2 if you would believe me!

Sara Boyce

Originally posted by paulette@Jan 23rd, 2004 - 3:35 am
I am also happy because he is not that over-acting type of royal. He is really like his mother, the late Princess Diana.
If Harry is not an "over acting" type of royal then he isn't much like his mother who has to have been the greatest actress of all time.

Perhaps he take more after his Aunt Anne who gets on and actually does things in places like Africa. She doesnt turn up in designer jeans, faultless makeup and with a hairdresser in tow.....?

British Royals Defend 'Horrible' Prince Harry

Reuters
Friday, February 20, 2004; 6:59 AM

By Andrew Cawthorne

LONDON (Reuters) - Britain's royal family rounded on a columnist on Friday who had branded Prince Harry "a national disgrace," lazing his way through a year off in Australia and Africa and touching up girls in nightclubs.

The office of Harry's father, heir-to-the-throne Prince Charles, sent a furious letter to the Daily Express saying Carol Sarler's attack on his son was "unfair" and "nonsense."

"I understand that columnists are paid to express their opinions vigorously and with style, but the piece entitled 'Spoiled and lazy Harry is one of a kind"' was grossly inaccurate and ill-informed," Charles' new communications secretary Paddy Harverson wrote.

Harry, 19, is no stranger to controversy after dabbling in drink and drugs a couple of years ago. The youngest son of Charles and the late Princess Diana, he is currently in Lesotho following three months in Australia on a gap year after school.

In an extraordinary tirade against the prince, Sarler began her column on Wednesday: "That Prince Harry is a national disgrace is scarcely news.

"His exploits have been making headlines for years: the drinking, the drugging, the yobbing, the waste of the costliest education in the land, the explicit disdain for the lower orders, the increasingly sexual public romps -- we've seen it all, we've heard it all."

Calling him a "thoroughly horrible young man," Sarler said Harry "has rarely lifted a finger unless it's to feel up a cheap tart in a nightclub or shoot some harmless critter."

The columnist said Harry spent his time in Australia slumped in front of a TV waiting "to behave badly" at the next rugby match, while in Africa "he has reluctantly agreed to spend a bit of the trip staring at poor people."

A newcomer to the frequent spats between the royals and Britain's feisty tabloid press, having just been poached from Manchester United soccer club to run Charles' PR efforts, Harverson took on the Express point-by-point.

In Australia, Harry spent most of his time working long days in high temperatures on cattle farms, where "his employers found him to be a hard and conscientious worker," Harverson wrote. He took a "deserved break" to see England win the rugby world cup.

In Africa, Harry has insisted on working on projects for disadvantaged children and their families rather than just making VIP-style visits, Harverson added.

"Like any other 19-year-old fortunate enough to be able to spend time traveling and working abroad, Harry should be allowed to enjoy and benefit from his experiences without being subject to the kind of ill-informed and insensitive criticism made in your paper by Ms Sarler," he wrote.

The Express column was a rare piece of vitriol against Harry who, like his older brother Prince William, has been treated relatively kindly by the media since an appeal for sensitivity following Diana's 1997 death in a Paris car crash.

I feel bad for Paddy Harverson, Prince Harry's not making it easy to defend his actions.

Prince Harry, , plant a fruit tree at the Mants'ase Children's Home near Mohale's Hoek, Lesotho Wednesday, March 3, 2004. The 19-year-old prince arrived in Lesotho on Feb. 13 for a two month visit, part of his year off schooling.

Princes Harry & Wiliam really do make me draw a wry smile. Nethier of them have the faintest of intention of carring out Royal duties at any time and the media seem to fall for it at every turn. Wait until the "gap year"; "uni year" & in the future; "army/naval year" is over and then take pictures they cry! these two boys are plying for time. They clearly have no wish to live in the spoylight at any time aqnd I wish that they wouuld stop stringing the public along I

My English is not verry well done. But I hope that yoo may undeerstand my pointe.

Princes Harry & William really do make me draw a wry smile. Niether of them have the faintest intention of carrying out Royal duties at any time and the media seems to fall for it at every turn. Wait until the "gap year"; "uni year" & in the future; "army/naval year" is over and then take pictures they cry! These two boys are playing for time. They clearly have no wish to live in the spotlight at any time and I wish that they would stop stringing the public along.

Thank you to my English cousin. Corrected version.

Originally posted by angela@Apr 3rd, 2004 - 8:47 pm
Princes Harry & Wiliam really do make me draw a wry smile. Nethier of them have the faintest of intention of carring out Royal duties at any time and the media seem to fall for it at every turn. Wait until the "gap year"; "uni year" & in the future; "army/naval year" is over and then take pictures they cry! these two boys are plying for time. They clearly have no wish to live in the spoylight at any time aqnd I wish that they wouuld stop stringing the public along I
I don't think either William or Harry are stringing the public along. William is presently in university and I think that expecting him to do royal duties on top of his studites would be a lot for him to handle at such a young age. As for Harry on his gap year, there have been several occasions with the press, in Australia and most recently in Lesotho, at which he was doing very good works with young children.

They both have the rest of their lives to carry on royal duties. I don't think they won't live up to the high standards set by their family members such as the Queen, Princess Anne or their mother just because they do not carry a rigorous royal schedule yet.

These boys have been through a lot in their young lives, with their parents very public and acrimonious divorce, then their mother's death and all the drama and accusations surrounding it. I think it's important that these boys have some private space and time to come into themselves, sort things out emotionally, etc. before taking on royal duties.

I don't think in any way that they are planning on shirking or dodging the inevitable royal duties just because they are are asking for private space now.

Don't get me wrong! I am not being critical of the boys. It is precisley for the very reasons that you cite that I think that the British Royal Family will gradually drift into the horizon and no one could blame those two poor boys for that.

Originally posted by angela@Apr 3rd, 2004 - 9:23 pm
I think that the British Royal Family will gradually drift into the horizon and no one could blame those two poor boys for that.
A lot of criticisms and scandals have rocked the British royal family in the past that have always "threatened" to eradicate them and bring down the monarchy, but they have always been proven to maintain their stronghold and remain a firm British institution.

In the present Queen's generation alone there have been countless scandals: Wallis Simpson and the abdication, Princess Margaret and all the scandals surrounding her, Camilla/Charles/Diana, Diana's death and the subsequent allegations of Charles' potential role in it, Sarah Ferguson, Sophie and the Sheik/News of the World reporter, and on and on and on.

Despite all these, the British royals remain and carry on. Whatever people may think of Charles' ability to be King and any scandals associated with him, and any other scandals attached to the royal family, the Queen and the Queen Mother do/did good works and set positive examples for the rest of the country and both of whom the British people have a tremendous fondness for.

In the least, whether the royal family is eradicated or not, they will always maintain a firm hold in British history.

he really looks like... if so, he have cut his hair...
but that girl is much more older than he is...

are you serious! Harry intives Jordan Wedding? without his dad? or his dad said ok?

Sara Boyce

Originally posted by sara1981@May 29th, 2004 - 9:04 am
are you serious! Harry intives Jordan Wedding? without his dad? or his dad said ok?

Sara Boyce
it wasn't Harry.. just some redheaded guy who looked strangely like him

*sigh* he cut his hair, lol. He's so gorgeous. I'd like to think that I would possibly jump him if i met him, lol.

http://www.princeofwales.gov.uk/princes/ha...es/africa01.jpg

March 2004

Prince Harry, the younger son of The Prince of Wales, leads young orphan Mutsu Potsane, aged four, by the hand to plant a peach tree at the Mants'ase Children's Home for orphans near Mohale's Hoek, around 60 miles south of Maseru in Lesotho

http://www.princeofwales.gov.uk/princes/ha...es/africa02.jpg

Prince Harry, with young orphan Mutsu Potsane, 4, after they planted a peach tree together at the Mants'ase Children's Home for orphans near Mohale's Hoek, around 60 miles south of Maseru in Lesotho

http://www.princeofwales.gov.uk/princes/ha...es/africa03.jpg

Prince Harry with young orphan, Mutsu Potsane, after they planted a peach tree together at the Mants'ase Children's Home for orphans near Mohale's Hoek, around 60 miles south of Maseru in Lesotho.

http://www.princeofwales.gov.uk/princes/ha...es/africa04.jpg

Prince Harry helps to build a fence, at the Mants'ase Children's Home for orphans near Mohale's Hoek, around 60 miles south of Maseru in Lesotho.

http://www.princeofwales.gov.uk/princes/ha...es/africa05.jpg

Prince Harry outside the Mants'ase Children's Home for orphans near Mohale's Hoek, around 60 miles south of Maseru in Lesotho.

reem :heart:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom