Prince Harry Current Events 22: November 2007-July 2008

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Fair enough.... It is a forum where we discuss our opinions and thoughts. But still, I would rather do something if there is something to be done. I just don't know what.... Like you, skydragon, I am suspicious and I wish more could be done. I just don't know what, and I feel frustrated by continued complaint about the situation and no obvious resolution. :ermm:

Fair enough.... It is a forum where we discuss our opinions and thoughts. But still, I would rather do something if there is something to be done. I just don't know what.... Like you, skydragon, I am suspicious and I wish more could be done. I just don't know what, and I feel frustrated by continued complaint about the situation and no obvious resolution. :ermm:
Apart from dismissing 99.9% of the gamekeepers employed, who will do all in their power to eradicate anything that might kill the birds and chicks they want their estate owners and guests to shoot, there is very little anyone can do. :bang: There are very few estates that do not allow or cover up such crimes and with paltry fines of £500, nothing will change!

On another note, Harry was at the remembrance parade at Windsor!

Prince Harry current events 19: November 2007 -

Harry needs to learn and get it into his head, that when you are in the army, you serve without question, you do what you are told and you go where you are sent. All this 'I want, I want' and 'threats of quiting'. He is hardly a shining example of a junior officer and would perhaps do better in a less demanding job!
They always this about Harry. There is no proof that he actually said this. If he did say this then I agree basibially. He seems to say that feels that he dose wants to feel useful and that he may use his training. At the remembrance parade in Windsor.I saw some Pictures of him he had no patches that could be seen on his uniform and he wore no name patch either. Was there a reason for this? He usually always wears all patches including the name patch.

Fotobanka isifa image service

Last edited:
"There is some talk of sending him abroad to be a military attache, but no one really quite knows what to do. The MoD are going to have to do something about it, however, and quick."

Harry, who was out on parade with his regiment yesterday at a Remembrance Day service, has already spoken to his advisers at Clarence House about spending time in Africa and pursuing his charity work as an alternative to his Army career.

But they fear that like his uncle, Prince Edward, who flunked his marine training course, the prince would never escape the stigma of quitting.

"Harry has no choice but to stick at it, however unhappy he feels," said a senior source.
Source: The Daily Mail, 12 November 2007

my understanding is that Prince Edward did not fail his Lymphstone training course, but actually he just quit. I can understand it if Harry doesn't want the stigma of being a quitter. Who wants to be seen as a quitter? I think no one wants that. But I don't think his leaving the army now would make him a quitter. He has passed all the training. Leaving the army now or soon might not be a bad idea for him. But obviously I want him to do what will help him mature and carve out a role for himself. Maybe the army is a good career for him, but maybe not. With the war going on, he will never escape the dogging from the public about not being a "real" soldier. It's a bad time for a prince who is thought by Defense Ministry to be too "high risk" for combat zones, to be in the military. Harry probably figures that since Prince Andrew and the late Duke of Windsor were allowed to go into combat, he should be able to go too, but the problem arises from the fact that this war going on in the Middle East is entirely different from the relatively quickie job of the Falklands conflict, and even different from the First World War. In short, this is not for Harry to decide.... He can't make threats about this issue, because there are people at the Defense Ministry who have the pay rate and experience for making these decisions, and he must follow the Chain of Command and do the duties he was assigned to do. Or quit. It's a tough thing, but he has to face the realities.

Harry needs to learn and get it into his head, that when you are in the army, you serve without question, you do what you are told and you go where you are sent. All this 'I want, I want' and 'threats of quiting'. He is hardly a shining example of a junior officer and would perhaps do better in a less demanding job!
In Harry's case this is only partially true, imo.
If he were not a prince in the BRF, he would be in Iraq right now with his troop unit that was deployed back in May or June. Now, if he was very clearly informed that he might not serve in a combat role because of who he is when he joined the army, then you are right; he knew what he was getting into and should do what he is told without complaint.

Having said that, the British Army looks bad for training him in a capacity where he becomes a Troop Leader for a combat unit and then they deploy his unit and hold him back. At some point after his training began, he has been led to believe that he would be deployed in some capacity. The Defence Chief stood firm for several months saying he would serve as required (Iraq), then reversed his decision very abruptly citing security!

If that is the case and since he has completed his training, he should be allowed to leave the military at his request (honorably), assuming there is no minimum time commitment to be served after completing training.

To be brought up in the fish bowl that he has and then to be held back because of it and not be allowed to contribute in the meaningful way that he wants to, in a time when the BRF is becoming more irrelevant with each passing year, is absurd! (imo)

Last edited:
It was odd that the chief changed his mind so quickly. Normally Defense Chiefs don't say one thing.. then change their mind the next day.

edited by SD.....Now, if he was very clearly informed that he might not serve in a combat role because of who he is when he joined the army, then you are right; he knew what he was getting into and should do what he is told without complaint.
Many junior officers and lower ranks, upon completion of their training do not get posted where they wanted to be, whether into or out of a conflict zone. It is not something that is open to discussion for any of them.
Having said that, the British Army looks bad for training him in a capacity where he becomes a Troop Leader for a combat unit and then they deploy his unit and hold him back. At some point after his training began, he has been led to believe that he would be deployed in some capacity. The Defence Chief stood firm for several months saying he would serve as required (Iraq), then reversed his decision very abruptly citing security!
Because the media were unable to miss the chance of a scoop and released details of where he was to be deployed, the MOD had no option but to hold him back. Not only for his own safety, but for the safety of all the men/women that would have been around him.
If that is the case and since he has completed his training, he should be allowed to leave the military at his request (honorably), assuming there is no minimum time commitment to be served after completing training.
The minimum time he is required to serve, is the same as Edward - 3 years, although it is my understanding that he intended to sign up for a Reg C and did not take the SSC option.
To be brought up in the fish bowl that he has and then to be held back because of it and not be allowed to contribute in the meaningful way that he wants to, in a time when the BRF is becoming more irrelevant with each passing year, is absurd! (imo)
I agree with you, however now that the decision appears to have been taken that he will not see active service, he should be allowed to leave by mutual consent. While ever he is a serving officer and receiving army officer pay, he has no right to threaten to leave unless he is allowed to do what he wants - the same as any other junior officer.

Anti-swear campaign gets Royal approval
HOPES of implementing a zero-tolerance anti-swearing week are a step closer to reality in the Newbury area and it now has the blessing of Prince Harry too.

Oh ****** ******** ******​

Pics 12.12.2007

Prince Harry leaving Boujis nightclub on his own London, England - 12.12.07

** Pic 1 ** Pic 2 **

I think that was a somewhat unfair 'title'.
Harry was not seen clubbing any more then his brother or Beatrice, I would say much less. And hardly more then average person of his age.

I think that was a somewhat unfair 'title'.
Harry was not seen clubbing any more then his brother or Beatrice, I would say much less. And hardly more then average person of his age.

I think Bea may have taken his title...but those vodka snorting pics probably put him on top.

Wait, this can't be right...wasn't the papers touting young Princess Beatrice as outpartying William and Harry just a few weeks ago?:lol:

Wait, this can't be right...wasn't the papers touting young Princess Beatrice as outpartying William and Harry just a few weeks ago?:lol:
Believe me, having seen the goings on at one of the barracks this year, Harry and Beatrice simply havn't partied enough to get even the booby prize! :rolleyes:

What is happening with Harry lately? No current news events, except a visit to a shipyard(?). Where is this young lad and what is he up to? Did he have a dressing down over the holidays by his grand-mama?

What is happening with Harry lately? No current news events, except a visit to a shipyard(?). Where is this young lad and what is he up to? Did he have a dressing down over the holidays by his grand-mama?

Well I am not entirely sure if he and Chelsy are still together...if they are...I'm surprised he didn't go to Africa with her for a few days.

With such political unrest in Kenya I don't think Harry would be aloud to go anywhere near the place.After all if Chelsy had trouble getting out,why would Harry be let in?

i really don't believe in the future of that couple, harry and chelsey are so unestable

She's back in the UK maybe we'll see them out together. Atcually I'm kinda glad Harry's kept quiet for a while it's helped keep down the controversy with him partying seems the focus soon turned on William in December after he went out a few times, I don't balme him though I woulda gone out too, he's only human.

i really don't believe in the future of that couple, harry and chelsey are so unestable

Harry seems very unstable by himself, but Chelsy seems to me like a grounded person. I wish that Harry will take a few pages from her book. Chelsy is a great example of how to have fun and be responsible. We have never seen her lose control like Harry.

I really don't think they will stay together and marry. They are good together now, but later in life I hope Harry finds a girl who is more responsible and calm.

I don;t think they will stay together. He will find someone in the UK to marry.

I don't know I find Harry quite stable actually, just cause he parties doesn't mean a thing to me, I wouldn't judge him alone on that, if that's what people are judging him on. He's actually been quite calm and quiet since the breakup maybe it taught him a lesson that it's time to grow up and be more mature. I think that Harry and Chelsy could last but tha'ts just my opinion.

I don't know I find Harry quite stable actually, just cause he parties doesn't mean a thing to me, I wouldn't judge him alone on that, if that's what people are judging him on. He's actually been quite calm and quiet since the breakup maybe it taught him a lesson that it's time to grow up and be more mature. I think that Harry and Chelsy could last but tha'ts just my opinion.

It's just when he loses control on people, snorts vodka, and gets generally hammered. It's not the partying that reeks of instability. It's the way he breaks boundaries, I think. I just find Chelsy more within appropriate and responsible boundaries. We never saw her fighting, yelling, throwing a fit. She does the normal fun things: dancing, laughing, having drinks in a sociable, pleasant way. Harry just reminds me of a frat boy sometimes. :D

It's just when he loses control on people, snorts vodka, and gets generally hammered. It's not the partying that reeks of instability. It's the way he breaks boundaries, I think. I just find Chelsy more within appropriate and responsible boundaries. We never saw her fighting, yelling, throwing a fit. She does the normal fun things: dancing, laughing, having drinks in a sociable, pleasant way. Harry just reminds me of a frat boy sometimes. :D

lol ya I agree Chelsy does have boundaries and seems more responsible.:D And your right I forgot about the norting vodka incident..I do see what you mean. I too generally hate seeing him do those things, I just hope he realizes what he's doing is well I dunno how to explain it I guess immature is the word I'm looking for.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom