The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Reigning Houses > British Royals > Current Events Archive

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 11-10-2007, 10:01 PM
Courtier

I think he should've went despite the risks...when he was denied I think he felt worthless in a lot of ways. And that makes him act out...

Old 11-10-2007, 10:33 PM

Quote:
Prince Harry is the victim of a "dirty tricks" campaign over the alleged killing of two birds of prey at Sandringham, his friends fear.

Two rare hen harriers "killed" while hovering over the Queen's Norfolk estate were not even shot at, those close to the Prince now suspect.

Friends of the Prince, 23, are angry that the Royal Family has been dragged into the affair despite no firm evidence that any bird of prey was illegally killed - and Harry could be the victim of a campaign by the anti-shooting lobby.
The Sunday Telegraph has learnt that senior staff at Sandringham - the Queen's country house in Norfolk which has a 600?acre estate - have carried out their own investigation into the "shooting" with the help of the "suspects", Prince Harry, his friend William van Cutsem, 28, and David Clarke, a gamekeeper.
Source: Alderson, Andrew: "'Dirty tricks' claim in Prince Harry 'shooting'," The Sunday Telegraph, 11 November 2007, READ ON

Old 11-11-2007, 04:46 AM
Heir Apparent

Not sure if this has been posted

Harry seen out with mystery brunette

Harry spends night on the town with mystery brunette | the Daily Mail

I doubt she's his new girlfriend the article is giving me the feeling that were supposed to assume she's his new girlfriend. I don't think so atleast not that soon I don't think he's that immature
Old 11-11-2007, 05:13 AM
Aristocracy

of course we don't know if she is his girlfriend, but oh my, she is so beautiful...more beautiful than chelsy in all case.
Old 11-11-2007, 08:26 AM

Psychoduck, I agree. The brunette is gorgeous. I think Chelsy is very pretty too, but this brunette girl, who I think does not look like that TV presenter (Pinkham), has a lovely face. The DM says she looks like Pinkham, but I do not see it.... The mystery brunette has a softer look, for one thing. I think they both have brown hair and that is the "resemblance".
Old 11-11-2007, 10:47 AM
Imperial Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by CasiraghiTrio View Post
Source: Prince Harry Cleared in Bird Shooting Incident, (US) People magazine, 7 November 2007 - Last month the prince ruffled many feathers in the British media who reveled in him being questioned over the incident at Sandringham, a royal country estate. Two witnesses said they heard gunshots before seeing two hen harriers – protected birds of prey – plummet out of the sky
I think the headline should have read 'NOT CHARGED', as opposed to cleared! 2. Even all the media reports in the UK agree it was three people who witnessed the incident!
Quote:
Prince Harry is the victim of a "dirty tricks" campaign over the alleged killing of two birds of prey at Sandringham, his friends fear.

Two rare hen harriers "killed" while hovering over the Queen's Norfolk estate were not even shot at, those close to the Prince now suspect.

Friends of the Prince, 23, are angry that the Royal Family has been dragged into the affair despite no firm evidence that any bird of prey was illegally killed - and Harry could be the victim of a campaign by the anti-shooting lobby.
The Sunday Telegraph has learnt that senior staff at Sandringham - the Queen's country house in Norfolk which has a 600?acre estate - have carried out their own investigation into the "shooting" with the help of the "suspects", Prince Harry, his friend William van Cutsem, 28, and David Clarke, a gamekeeper.
Quote:
Natural England remains adamant that the hen harriers were killed and says that one of its staff clearly saw the shooting and that the bodies of the birds must have been hidden........ The pro-shooting lobby suspects that an anti-shooting group
Now who do I believe - the witnesses who could not have known that Harry was not at work or that he was at Sandringham or friends of Harry (van Cutsem and David Clark, perhaps) and Sandringham 'staff', read 'biased anti Hen Harrier head gamekeepers'?
Old 11-11-2007, 11:00 AM
Imperial Majesty

Harry needs to learn and get it into his head, that when you are in the army, you serve without question, you do what you are told and you go where you are sent. All this 'I want, I want' and 'threats of quiting'. He is hardly a shining example of a junior officer and would perhaps do better in a less demanding job!
Old 11-11-2007, 11:06 AM

Well, as I said before, I feel that this hen harrier case is one of those things which will........ how can I say it more clearly? Being HRH Prince Harry, he is going to be protected and covered up by powerful people. If he is guilty, it doesn't matter because the "right' people are on his side.

If he is not guilty, well.... good for him.

But it's really no use for us to go on about how unfair it is....... unless there is something we can do! Any ideas? Letter writing campaign? I don't know. If you can give me an idea of what to do, great. But I don't understand the point of saying on the forums how unfair it is..... Everyone knows it is unfair.
Old 11-11-2007, 11:53 AM
Serene Highness

I'm sure Harry won't have another girlfriend for awhile.

That girl looks more like a brunette version of Chelsy than Natalie.
Old 11-11-2007, 12:09 PM
Imperial Majesty

Quote:
But I don't understand the point of saying on the forums how unfair it is..... Everyone knows it is unfair.
I don't believe I have said it's unfair, I said it's shameful that it appears to have been swept under the carpet. I also pointed out from the article you posted, that stated that 'Harry had been cleared', that he wasn't, there was insufficient evidence to charge him and that is a big difference, they had also got the number of witnesses wrong.

I also gave my reasons for disbelieving the article that quotes the pro hunting lobby, that is as willing as ever to jump on any bandwagon.

All any of us can do on the forums is to put our opinion and hopefully the reason for it, when discussing any article posted.
Old 11-11-2007, 12:41 PM

Fair enough.... It is a forum where we discuss our opinions and thoughts. But still, I would rather do something if there is something to be done. I just don't know what.... Like you, skydragon, I am suspicious and I wish more could be done. I just don't know what, and I feel frustrated by continued complaint about the situation and no obvious resolution.
Old 11-11-2007, 01:26 PM
Heir Apparent

Prince Harry’s wishes to go to front lines are somewhat unreasonable. Does he think of people, who may be injured, while protecting him? Why doesn’t Prince Charles talk to his son and explain him the situation in clear terms?
Old 11-11-2007, 03:33 PM
Imperial Majesty

Quote:
Fair enough.... It is a forum where we discuss our opinions and thoughts. But still, I would rather do something if there is something to be done. I just don't know what.... Like you, skydragon, I am suspicious and I wish more could be done. I just don't know what, and I feel frustrated by continued complaint about the situation and no obvious resolution.
Apart from dismissing 99.9% of the gamekeepers employed, who will do all in their power to eradicate anything that might kill the birds and chicks they want their estate owners and guests to shoot, there is very little anyone can do. There are very few estates that do not allow or cover up such crimes and with paltry fines of 500, nothing will change!

On another note, Harry was at the remembrance parade at Windsor!
Old 11-11-2007, 09:47 PM
Imperial Majesty

Posts about the reported split between Prince Harry and Chelsy Davy should go in this thread:

http://www.theroyalforums.com/forums...-up-14733.html
Old 11-12-2007, 05:06 AM
Nobility

Post Prince Harry current events 19: November 2007 -

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skydragon View Post
Harry needs to learn and get it into his head, that when you are in the army, you serve without question, you do what you are told and you go where you are sent. All this 'I want, I want' and 'threats of quiting'. He is hardly a shining example of a junior officer and would perhaps do better in a less demanding job!
They always this about Harry. There is no proof that he actually said this. If he did say this then I agree basibially. He seems to say that feels that he dose wants to feel useful and that he may use his training. At the remembrance parade in Windsor.I saw some Pictures of him he had no patches that could be seen on his uniform and he wore no name patch either. Was there a reason for this? He usually always wears all patches including the name patch.

Fotobanka isifa image service
Old 11-12-2007, 12:02 PM

Quote:
"There is some talk of sending him abroad to be a military attache, but no one really quite knows what to do. The MoD are going to have to do something about it, however, and quick."

Harry, who was out on parade with his regiment yesterday at a Remembrance Day service, has already spoken to his advisers at Clarence House about spending time in Africa and pursuing his charity work as an alternative to his Army career.

But they fear that like his uncle, Prince Edward, who flunked his marine training course, the prince would never escape the stigma of quitting.

"Harry has no choice but to stick at it, however unhappy he feels," said a senior source.
Source: The Daily Mail, 12 November 2007

my understanding is that Prince Edward did not fail his Lymphstone training course, but actually he just quit. I can understand it if Harry doesn't want the stigma of being a quitter. Who wants to be seen as a quitter? I think no one wants that. But I don't think his leaving the army now would make him a quitter. He has passed all the training. Leaving the army now or soon might not be a bad idea for him. But obviously I want him to do what will help him mature and carve out a role for himself. Maybe the army is a good career for him, but maybe not. With the war going on, he will never escape the dogging from the public about not being a "real" soldier. It's a bad time for a prince who is thought by Defense Ministry to be too "high risk" for combat zones, to be in the military. Harry probably figures that since Prince Andrew and the late Duke of Windsor were allowed to go into combat, he should be able to go too, but the problem arises from the fact that this war going on in the Middle East is entirely different from the relatively quickie job of the Falklands conflict, and even different from the First World War. In short, this is not for Harry to decide.... He can't make threats about this issue, because there are people at the Defense Ministry who have the pay rate and experience for making these decisions, and he must follow the Chain of Command and do the duties he was assigned to do. Or quit. It's a tough thing, but he has to face the realities.
Old 11-12-2007, 02:24 PM
Commoner

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skydragon View Post
In Harry's case this is only partially true, imo.
If he were not a prince in the BRF, he would be in Iraq right now with his troop unit that was deployed back in May or June. Now, if he was very clearly informed that he might not serve in a combat role because of who he is when he joined the army, then you are right; he knew what he was getting into and should do what he is told without complaint.

Having said that, the British Army looks bad for training him in a capacity where he becomes a Troop Leader for a combat unit and then they deploy his unit and hold him back. At some point after his training began, he has been led to believe that he would be deployed in some capacity. The Defence Chief stood firm for several months saying he would serve as required (Iraq), then reversed his decision very abruptly citing security!

If that is the case and since he has completed his training, he should be allowed to leave the military at his request (honorably), assuming there is no minimum time commitment to be served after completing training.

To be brought up in the fish bowl that he has and then to be held back because of it and not be allowed to contribute in the meaningful way that he wants to, in a time when the BRF is becoming more irrelevant with each passing year, is absurd! (imo)
Old 11-20-2007, 01:12 AM
Heir Presumptive

It was odd that the chief changed his mind so quickly. Normally Defense Chiefs don't say one thing.. then change their mind the next day.

Old 11-20-2007, 11:53 AM
Imperial Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by GovGen View Post
edited by SD.....Now, if he was very clearly informed that he might not serve in a combat role because of who he is when he joined the army, then you are right; he knew what he was getting into and should do what he is told without complaint.
Many junior officers and lower ranks, upon completion of their training do not get posted where they wanted to be, whether into or out of a conflict zone. It is not something that is open to discussion for any of them.
Quote:
Having said that, the British Army looks bad for training him in a capacity where he becomes a Troop Leader for a combat unit and then they deploy his unit and hold him back. At some point after his training began, he has been led to believe that he would be deployed in some capacity. The Defence Chief stood firm for several months saying he would serve as required (Iraq), then reversed his decision very abruptly citing security!
Because the media were unable to miss the chance of a scoop and released details of where he was to be deployed, the MOD had no option but to hold him back. Not only for his own safety, but for the safety of all the men/women that would have been around him.
Quote:
If that is the case and since he has completed his training, he should be allowed to leave the military at his request (honorably), assuming there is no minimum time commitment to be served after completing training.
The minimum time he is required to serve, is the same as Edward - 3 years, although it is my understanding that he intended to sign up for a Reg C and did not take the SSC option.
Quote:
To be brought up in the fish bowl that he has and then to be held back because of it and not be allowed to contribute in the meaningful way that he wants to, in a time when the BRF is becoming more irrelevant with each passing year, is absurd! (imo)
I agree with you, however now that the decision appears to have been taken that he will not see active service, he should be allowed to leave by mutual consent. While ever he is a serving officer and receiving army officer pay, he has no right to threaten to leave unless he is allowed to do what he wants - the same as any other junior officer.
Old 11-21-2007, 04:34 PM
Imperial Majesty

Anti-swear campaign gets Royal approval
HOPES of implementing a zero-tolerance anti-swearing week are a step closer to reality in the Newbury area and it now has the blessing of Prince Harry too.

Oh ****** ******** ******

Tags
prince harry