The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 04-27-2007, 08:30 AM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skydragon

Prince Harry is 'definitely' going to Iraq but may be given a desk job, Clarence House sources revealed today

Prince Harry is 'definitely' going to Iraq - but could take desk job | News | This is London
Slowly I start to get aggressions on reading the word "revealed"... - sometimes even twice in one sentence...

'To dare is to lose one step for but a moment, not to dare is to lose oneself forever' - Crown Prince Frederick of Denmark in a letter to Miss Mary Donaldson as stated by them on their official engagement interview.
Old 04-27-2007, 10:18 AM
Heir Apparent

If Prince Harry has indeed made this decision, he is more mature and wise then I thought.

Harry ready to accept Army retreat on Iraq posting

As Army chiefs review the decision to send Prince Harry to the front line, the royal soldier has said he'll give up his dream of serving in Iraq if ordered to do so by top brass. The Prince has made no secret of his desire to see active duty after a challenging year of training at Sandhurst, but now says concern for the men under his command means he will accept the Army's ruling, even if it goes against his wishes.
General Sir Richard Dannatt, the head of the Army, has around a week to come up with his final assessment as to whether the deployment of the Prince poses an added threat to British soldiers. The review was ordered after an increase in attacks on British troops this year.

Queen Elizabeth: "I cannot lead you into battle, I do not give you laws or administer justice but I can do something else, I can give you my heart and my devotion to these old islands and to all the peoples of our brotherhood of nations." God, Save The Queen!
Old 04-27-2007, 11:56 AM
Imperial Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Avalon
If Prince Harry has indeed made this decision, he is more mature and wise then I thought.
Sadly, for every article telling us he is willing to accept the decision, if he is not allowed to go or allowed to go but not fight, there are twice as many telling us if he can't go or can't fight, he will resign.
Old 04-27-2007, 12:09 PM
Courtier

Prince Harry: For King or For Country?

The lie that the U.K. is drawing down its forces in Basra and will be out of Iraq altogether in the not too distant future because the area has been stabilized has had an unexpectedly serious consequence that has a name:

Prince Harry: For King or For Country? | The Moderate Voice
Old 04-27-2007, 12:42 PM
Imperial Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by HRH Kimetha
A less than accurate article, (surprise, surprise). Apart from any of the other misinformation, there have not been 'nearly 30' British soldiers killed this month in Iraq.

Oh and by the way, it's Queen and country!
Old 04-27-2007, 12:54 PM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skydragon
A less than accurate article, (surprise, surprise). Apart from any of the other misinformation, there have not been 'nearly 30' British soldiers killed this month in Iraq.

Oh and by the way, it's Queen and country!

You're right. It is "Queen" and country! I didn't pick that up. I guess that makes me not a good "watchman", so that should keep me from patrolling along the Iranian border with Harry's regiment.
Old 04-27-2007, 04:22 PM
Nobility

What would he do as a desk job?? Would he even be in Basra?
Old 04-27-2007, 04:31 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by cowarth
What would he do as a desk job?? Would he even be in Basra?
Nothing has been confirmed. We don't know whether Prince Harry will go to Iraq or what will he do there (if he goes).
Queen Elizabeth: "I cannot lead you into battle, I do not give you laws or administer justice but I can do something else, I can give you my heart and my devotion to these old islands and to all the peoples of our brotherhood of nations." God, Save The Queen!
Old 04-27-2007, 08:02 PM
Courtier

Iraq militia: we have special unit to target Prince Harry

Shia commander claims insurgents have plan to capture royal officer

Ghaith Abdul-Ahad in Basra, Richard Norton-Taylor
Saturday April 28, 2007
The Guardian

Prince Harry will be a prime kidnap target for insurgents in Iraq, a commander in the Mahdi army, the Shia militia loyal to the radical cleric Moqtada al-Sadr, has told the Guardian.

Iraq militia: we have special unit to target Prince Harry | Iraq | Guardian Unlimited
Old 04-28-2007, 09:30 AM
Heir Apparent

Prince Harry leaving Mahiki nightclub in Mayfair. His brother, Prince William and girlfriend Chelsy Davy, as well as friends Guy Pelly and Mark Dyer were there as well.
London, England - 27.04.07

Pictures:
Prince Harry 1
Prince Harry 2
Prince Harry 3
Prince Harry and Chelsy I love the way Chelsy is looking at Harry

Gallery of Pictures from Wenn

Pictures of Prince Harry and Prince William are in their respective threads.
Old 04-28-2007, 09:45 AM
Heir Apparent

Thanks for all those pics, Avalon. I, too, love that one of Chelsy & Harry. I like them as a couple. I think they seem like great mates.
Old 04-28-2007, 11:01 AM
Heir Apparent

I like them as a couple as well.

According to isifa, the party at Mahiki Nightclub was Prince Harry's leaving for Iraq party. Apparantely it was attended not only by William, Harry, Chelsy and many of their friends, but also by other members of the BRF, inlcuding Peter and Zara Phillips.
You can see Peter Phillips in this picture.

Gallery of pictures from Isifa.
Old 04-28-2007, 11:14 AM
Courtier

Price on Prince Harry's head

Price on Prince Harry's head

A BOUNTY of $625,000 has been put on the head of Prince Harry once he lands in Iraq, government officials say.

Price on Prince Harry's head | Sunday Herald Sun
Old 04-28-2007, 12:04 PM
Royal Highness

If Prince Harry goes to Iraq in my opinion I think he is truely brave because of this news about bounty on his head.

Also, I think that Friday night outing was his going away party. They all seem very sober in the photos when coming out of the bar. That is a little different from pass photo coming out of bars. It is almost like they are facing reality head on about the future. And Chelsey looks like she is taking every moment with Harry as if it is her last with him.
Old 04-28-2007, 12:41 PM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by georgiea
If Prince Harry goes to Iraq in my opinion I think he is truely brave because of this news about bounty on his head.

Also, I think that Friday night outing was his going away party. They all seem very sober in the photos when coming out of the bar. That is a little different from pass photo coming out of bars. It is almost like they are facing reality head on about the future. And Chelsey looks like she is taking every moment with Harry as if it is her last with him.
I also think that the commanders over Harry and William gave them a dressing down over their drunken escapades.
Old 04-28-2007, 01:23 PM
Nobility

I thought Harry was done with clubs? He is SOOO brave for going to Iraq with all of the threats against his life. Stay safe Harry.
Old 04-28-2007, 01:50 PM
Heir Presumptive

So He going or not? for crying out loud I Wanna know!
Old 04-28-2007, 01:55 PM
Commoner

According to what I've read, it seems that it won't be Harry's final decision whether or not he goes to Iraq. The concern is that Harry's presence may put other British soldiers at risk.

Diane
Old 04-28-2007, 02:04 PM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by compatissant
According to what I've read, it seems that it won't be Harry's final decision whether or not he goes to Iraq. The concern is that Harry's presence may put other British soldiers at risk.

Diane

Perhaps the MoD may send Harry ahead of the rest of the regiment, so as to keep down the media and insurgent interest. But, that may be hard to do. There again, it is Harry's responsibility to gather his him and be sure that all are prepared properly and all there.
Old 04-28-2007, 04:11 PM
Imperial Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Royal Fan
So He going or not? for crying out loud I Wanna know!
Nobody knows yet, least of all Harry or the media!

Closed Thread

Tags
prince harry