Prince Harry Current Events 18: March 2007-May 2007

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Thanks for all those pics, Avalon. I, too, love that one of Chelsy & Harry. :wub: I like them as a couple. I think they seem like great mates.

I like them as a couple as well. :)

According to isifa, the party at Mahiki Nightclub was Prince Harry's leaving for Iraq party. Apparantely it was attended not only by William, Harry, Chelsy and many of their friends, but also by other members of the BRF, inlcuding Peter and Zara Phillips. :ermm:
You can see Peter Phillips in this picture.

Gallery of pictures from Isifa.

If Prince Harry goes to Iraq in my opinion I think he is truely brave because of this news about bounty on his head.

Also, I think that Friday night outing was his going away party. They all seem very sober in the photos when coming out of the bar. That is a little different from pass photo coming out of bars. It is almost like they are facing reality head on about the future. And Chelsey looks like she is taking every moment with Harry as if it is her last with him. :sad:

georgiea said:
If Prince Harry goes to Iraq in my opinion I think he is truely brave because of this news about bounty on his head.

Also, I think that Friday night outing was his going away party. They all seem very sober in the photos when coming out of the bar. That is a little different from pass photo coming out of bars. It is almost like they are facing reality head on about the future. And Chelsey looks like she is taking every moment with Harry as if it is her last with him. :sad:

I also think that the commanders over Harry and William gave them a dressing down over their drunken escapades.

I thought Harry was done with clubs? He is SOOO brave for going to Iraq with all of the threats against his life. Stay safe Harry.

So He going or not? for crying out loud I Wanna know!

According to what I've read, it seems that it won't be Harry's final decision whether or not he goes to Iraq. The concern is that Harry's presence may put other British soldiers at risk.

Diane

compatissant said:
According to what I've read, it seems that it won't be Harry's final decision whether or not he goes to Iraq. The concern is that Harry's presence may put other British soldiers at risk.

Diane

Perhaps the MoD may send Harry ahead of the rest of the regiment, so as to keep down the media and insurgent interest. But, that may be hard to do. There again, it is Harry's responsibility to gather his him and be sure that all are prepared properly and all there.:)

Royal Fan said:
So He going or not? for crying out loud I Wanna know!
Nobody knows yet, least of all Harry or the media! :flowers:

HRH Kimetha said:
I also think that the commanders over Harry and William gave them a dressing down over their drunken escapades.
Unlikely, they were not in uniform, they were not on duty and the CO's have better things to worry about!

Prince Harry 'nervous' in farewell speech ahead of Iraq deployment

A British newspaper has reported the contents of an alleged farewell speech by Prince Harry ahead of his much publicized posting to Iraq as a British army officer.
The News of the World, a weekly tabloid, reported Harry as telling a group of friends Friday that he is a "nervous wreck."
The newspaper quotes Harry as saying, "I've waited a long time and just want to get out there and serve my country."

CNN is now saying that the Iraqi militants are promising to kidnap Prince Harry. I can't see how the British military can let him go to Iraq, it just seems that his being there endangers so many other people.

kpusa1981 said:

Technically I agree with the article. Yes, Prince Harry should be allowed to show his abilities and yes, he is no different from any other man, who serves for his country in Iraq.

But let’s assume Prince Harry is sent to Iraq. And he is caught by insurgents – what’s next?
I assume they might kill him at the end, but first they would surely use him (to demand withdrawal of troops or other). Prince Harry is not only third in the line to the throne; he is also grandson of the Queen, Chief Commander of the troops. Can you imagine what choice she would have to make (even if the real choice wouldn’t be hers) between her grandson and her duty?

And that’s apart from the fact that he will expose his soldiers to potential attacks even more – what would he feel if, trying to get to him, the insurgents killed one of his men?

If Prince Harry is killed in the battle, that’s one thing – soldiers do die and he knew it when joining the army. But if he is used, that’s totally different. He must understand that the decision is not only about him, it's about the people around him and yes, the country as well.
Of course, Prince Harry may go to Iraq, have a distinguished carrier, return with honors and unscratched. But there is definitely a possibility things may not be so bright.

Now, if the MoD manage to hide somehow where he will actually be serving, maybe feed some disinformation to the Press, then maybe his should be allowed to serve for his country (though the risk would still be high).

Last edited:
May He ineed go as a Tank Commander and may God Protect him and all who serve and may the media Stop all this....Bloody Nonsense What a Racket there all making Philip Served Andrew Served George VI Served Let Henry now for better or worse Fight for Queen and Country

Royal Fan said:
May He ineed go as a Tank Commander and may God Protect him and all who serve and may the media Stop all this....Bloody Nonsense What a Racket there all making Philip Served Andrew Served George VI Served Let Henry now for better or worse Fight for Queen and Country

This war is slightly different from those ones, Royal Fan. They wouldn't be fighting against an army - they would be fighting against insurgents, who have already made it clear they will be after Harry, should he go to Iraq.

True, Prince Andrew and Prince Philip could be killed as well. And no one says Prince Harry should stay in the safe place not to endangare his precious life.
But if he gets caughts, the situation would be very different from the situation when (theoritically) Prince Andrew or Prince Philip could get caught.

My main problem with Harry serving in Iraq is that he will be endangering the lives of his fellow soldiers who will then be at a much bigger risk than they would if he were not part of their regiment. Otherwise I think he should serve or risk being called a coward. If they do capture him I hope he will not yield and face his situation with bravery and heroism - a tall order for any man. If he can do this he will restore credibility to the royal family. I wish him God speed for him and his regiment. May they return safely.

Skydragon said:
Unlikely, they were not in uniform, they were not on duty and the CO's have better things to worry about!

When I was in the service, whether in uniform or not, we represented the Air Force and all of our actions off-base reflected the kind of personnel that the DOD (Department of Defense) was recruiting. So, I really do feel that the commanders did hustle the two Princes into the office and dressed them down. They (the Princes) represent the Army, in and out of uniform, and are of the high profile representatives of what is the Army.:flowers:

Some of this article is from another article and repeats some of Prince Harry's comments during his 21st birthday interview.

Prince Harry “nervous” in farewell speech ahead of Iraq deployment

LONDON — A British newspaper has reported the contents of an alleged farewell speech by Prince Harry ahead of his much publicized posting to Iraq as a British army officer.
The News of the World, a weekly tabloid, reported Harry as telling a group of friends Friday that he is a “nervous wreck.”

Prince Harry “nervous” in farewell speech ahead of Iraq deployment

cowarth said:
Pray for Prince Harry.

If the article is true, your prayers are answered with special forces:

Special forces rushed to Iraq to `protect` Prince Harry

London, April 29: Special forces have been rushed to Iraq to "protect" Prince Harry ahead of his tour of duty in that country in view of possible rebel attacks.

An extra detachment of special forces has arrived in southern Iraq to monitor militia groups and reinforce the prince's protection as fears grow that insurgents will target the third in line to the throne, the observer reported today

Zee News - Special forces rushed to Iraq to `protect` Prince Harry

Harry has no business being in the Army

Uncertainty is kryptonite to the newspaper columnist. One moment, there one is, bashing and thundering away happily about whatever happens to give rise to an opinion - and the next, the jaw is slack, the brow knitted, the muscles of certainty atrophying and the weasel of doubt gnawing on the ankle of pontification.
So it has been, for me, with the question of the deployment of Prince Harry to Iraq. My first reaction to this week's run of speculation about whether or not he should serve in the front line was, I imagine, a common one: yes, he should. I don't really want anyone serving in the front line in Iraq. But if someone has to, it's going to be members of the Armed Forces, and if you're going to be a member of the Armed Forces, you take your chances alongside your brothers in arms. If you take granny's shilling, in other words, you fight for granny.

Harry has no business being in the Army | Dt Opinion | Opinion | Telegraph

'Only politics will keep Harry from Iraq'

Prince Harry's plans to serve with his regiment in Iraq could be "scuppered" by political interference, senior officers fear.
The prince's commanders, along with members of his regiment, the Blues and Royals, believe there is no military reason why he should not serve in Iraq and have dismissed threats that he could be assassinated or kidnapped by militants as "cheap propaganda".

'Only politics will keep Harry from Iraq' | Uk News | News | Telegraph

An historic dilemma

The dilemma facing Army chiefs over Prince Harry’s Iraq deployment bears chilling resemblence to that which faced Lord Kitchener over the Prince of Wales’s wish to serve at the outbreak of the First World War.
Like Prince Harry the future Edward VIII , an Infantry Officer with the Grenadier Guards, wanted to lead his men.

But the Secretary of State for War was most reluctant to allow the heir-to-the-throne anywhere near the Western Front.
In a conversation that surely resonates as much today as back then, Lord Kitchener told the frustrated prince: “If I were sure you would be killed I do not know if I should be right to restrain you.

An historic dilemma | Uk News | News | Telegraph

Last edited:
HRH Kimetha said:
So, I really do feel that the commanders did hustle the two Princes into the office and dressed them down. They (the Princes) represent the Army, in and out of uniform, and are of the high profile representatives of what is the Army.:flowers:
How times change, their behaviour would have had to have been a lot worse to involve any dressing down. As I said, they CO's have a lot more on their minds than 'lads' having a few too many drinks.

Contrary to popular belief, William and Harry are not the only members of the forces to get drunk while off duty. :flowers:

An extra detachment of special forces has arrived in southern Iraq to monitor militia groups and reinforce the prince's protection as fears grow that insurgents will target the third in line to the throne, the observer reported today
This is the same publication that said the SAS would run alongside the personel carriers to protect the prince. LOL Give Me A Break!!

cowarth said:
This is the same publication that said the SAS would run alongside the personel carriers to protect the prince. LOL Give Me A Break!!

Another means to get those who follow our dear prince to buy the paper.:)

The press should shut up about Harry being sent over. The danger to Harry and his comrades would be less if the press refrained from telling the insurgents where the prince is being posted. (Not that that would keep Harry "safe," I don't think anyone is safe over there, even if they're posted to a desk.)

Last edited:
Skydragon said:
How times change, their behaviour would have had to have been a lot worse to involve any dressing down. As I said, they CO's have a lot more on their minds than 'lads' having a few too many drinks.

Contrary to popular belief, William and Harry are not the only members of the forces to get drunk while off duty. :flowers:

No, but they are the most visual of those who get drunk. To be fair, the CO's when lining up the regiment might have spoken harshly at the soldiers who have made a mockery of the army and warned them they might be on report. Who knows. Surely I don't, only from my previous time in the service.

HRH Kimetha said:
No, but they are the most visual of those who get drunk. To be fair, the CO's when lining up the regiment might have spoken harshly at the soldiers who have made a mockery of the army and warned them they might be on report. Who knows. Surely I don't, only from my previous time in the service.

Well I think that in the past, the army and press would have 'hidden' Harry's and William's indiscretions as being too unseemly to report. The press was awfully self-censorious awhile back.

Basically I think the only thing that Harry and William are doing differently than their colleagues is that their misdeeds are being photographed and reported on and I imagine that a CO would have a hard time keeping a straight face dressing down William or Harry in front of the troops when he and everybody else knows that Sgt. Joe Blow that is standing beside William made a completely buggered fool out of himself with the only advantage he didn't have a press detail reporting on every moment.

Fairness, I think, can work both ways; if William and Harry are seen as receiving special privileges, this fact could cause resentment among the ranks; but if they get dressed down for behavior that their colleagues do quite regularly without the same type of ramifications, then the notion of equality and fair play among fighting men can be lost.

Quite true, Ysbel. I was saying the the CO's would dress down the whole unit and not single out certain soldiers such as the princes and Sgt. Joe Blow.:flowers:

Last edited by a moderator:
For his sake, Harry must go to Iraq

The link between monarchy and the army is historically strong and should not be ignored

For his sake, Harry must go to Iraq | Iraq | Guardian Unlimited

FAREWELL CHELSY HELLO IRAQ

PRINCE Harry pledged his love to his weepy girlfriend Chelsy Davy at an emotional farewell bash before he leaves for war-torn Iraq.
Harry, 22, raved to pals and brother William about his "wonderful girl" as they downed cocktails at a favourite nightspot.
Smiling Chelsy, 21, wiped away a tear and cuddled the boyfriend she affectionately calls "Big Ginger".​

People.co.uk - News - FAREWELL CHELSY HELLO IRAQ

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom