The Royal Forums Coat of Arms


Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
 
  #101  
Old 03-25-2007, 07:29 PM
ZandraRae's Avatar
Courtier
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Nashville, United States
Posts: 570
Quote:
Originally Posted by PrincessofEurope
A disgrace this would never have happened if Diana had been alive - Charles is too interested in his new wife to disipline either Willian or Harry
Sorry PrincessofEurope, but I don't agree. If Diana would have been alive she, just like Charles would leave Harry's business his. Yes, perhaps he has had too many drinks, how many young people his age haven't? What would Diana have done? Please tell us, because I can't imagine. He is too old to be sent to his room or in a corner, he is an ADULT, where he can and does make his own decisions. For which there are consequences. Sometimes they may not be the right ones, but he does anyway. All this partying will one day get old, and when it does, Harry will look back, embarrassed at what he did.
__________________

  #102  
Old 03-25-2007, 07:30 PM
cowarth's Avatar
Nobility
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: NA, United States
Posts: 326
Do not forget about the fight with the photographer.
__________________

  #103  
Old 03-25-2007, 07:31 PM
Sister Morphine's Avatar
Heir Presumptive
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: North Carolina, United States
Posts: 2,762
Quote:
Originally Posted by PrincessofEurope
A disgrace this would never have happened if Diana had been alive - Charles is too interested in his new wife to disipline either Willian or Harry


So Harry had a few drinks. Big deal. It's not like he killed anyone.
__________________
"The grass was greener / The light was brighter / The taste was sweeter / The nights of wonder / With friends surrounded / The dawn mist glowing / The water flowing / The endless river / Forever and ever........ "
  #104  
Old 03-25-2007, 07:45 PM
corazon's Avatar
Heir Presumptive
 
Join Date: Oct 2003
Location: -In some dark place-, Argentina
Posts: 2,080
Quote:
Originally Posted by PrincessofEurope
A disgrace this would never have happened if Diana had been alive - Charles is too interested in his new wife to disipline either Willian or Harry
I totally agree with you.
with diana alive this never wuold happend, harry don't drink a few drinks a night out, he is drunk MANY times, he need help, REAL help, don't help like a image for the press.
__________________
Today the world has embraced new royal Princesses in the form of Mary of Denmark and Maxima of the Netherlands. But it's questionable whether even these hugely popular, increasingly glamorous future Queens will ever capture the world's imagination in the same way as Diana.
As Mario acknowledges: "She really was a true Princess".
-www.theroyalist.net-
  #105  
Old 03-25-2007, 09:58 PM
Heir Apparent
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Melbourne & Sydney, Australia
Posts: 3,978
Quote:
Originally Posted by iowabelle
Harry isn't a child to be disciplined. He's a young adult, and, unfortunately, young adults make mistakes.
But Harry's mistakes (misjudgements) are quite common, I mean..is the guy a sandwich short of a picnic? Does he not 'get it'?

You can affiliate the choices he has made on youth, and to an extent that would be correct but to either repeatedly make an unwise choice or to leave yourself 'open', where you know it's almost certain that your actions will be reported or manipulated in a negative way, just baffles me.

Quote:
As to whether Diana would have disciplined him, she was more the hugging, demonstrative, encouraging type of parent rather than the disciplinarian. I dont' think she would have played the bad guy with her sons to discipline them.
Though I find it hard to believe she would have encouraged her son to make a spectecale of himself either. I do think Diana would have reprimanded her sons behaviour, just as Charles has I'm sure
  #106  
Old 03-25-2007, 10:21 PM
Moderator Emeritus
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: Down the street. It's the third house on the right, United States
Posts: 7,672
Quote:
Originally Posted by Madame Royale
But Harry's mistakes (misjudgements) are quite common, I mean..is the guy a sandwich short of a picnic? Does he not 'get it'?
These are the same type of mistakes that you see a lot of young people/young celebrities making. And, in a lot of ways, he is acting like someone does at that age. I made plenty of mistakes, and acted like the fool when I was his age (& younger), but I've pretty much grown out of it. Granted I wasn't in the public eye.
__________________
"Life is a succession of moments. To live each one is to succeed." - Corita Kent
Live, Highlander. Grow stronger. Fight another day. Highlander: The Series

  #107  
Old 03-25-2007, 11:55 PM
MARG's Avatar
Majesty
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Christchurch, New Zealand
Posts: 6,104
Quote:
Originally Posted by Madame Royale
But Harry's mistakes (misjudgements) are quite common, I mean..is the guy a sandwich short of a picnic? Does he not 'get it'?
Of course he gets it! And no, he is not "a sandwich short of a picnic". He seems to be making a rather obvious statement.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Madame Royale
You can affiliate the choices he has made on youth, and to an extent that would be correct but to either repeatedly make an unwise choice or to leave yourself 'open', where you know it's almost certain that your actions will be reported or manipulated in a negative way, just baffles me.
Yes he is young. Yes he is making the very same 'mistakes' that a large percentage of his peers make. More than that, I think his attitude is "In Your Face!"
Quote:
Originally Posted by Madame Royale
Though I find it hard to believe she would have encouraged her son to make a spectecale of himself either. I do think Diana would have reprimanded her sons behaviour, just as Charles has I'm sure
While I think you are propbably correct, you must remember that Diana's interaction with the press was also less that happy!

I believe that Harry's antics are no better or worse than his father and uncles. The press has an obsession with "Diana's Children", and I think that someone with Harry's temperament would find it hard to ignore their invasions into his life.

As for the "drunken assault"? We don't know that he was that drunk and the photographer certainly hasn't filed charges. One has to wonder why? Could it be that all is not as it seems or, even more likely, pictures of Harry singing in the choir wouldn't sell. And lets face it, the bottom line is exactly that.

As an aside, I have to wonder how stable on my feet I would be having come out of a dimly lit nightclub into multiple large flashes going off in my face. Would I stagger a litte do you think?
__________________
MARG
"Words ought to be a little wild, for they are assaults of thoughts on the unthinking." - JM Keynes
  #108  
Old 03-26-2007, 12:09 AM
Sister Morphine's Avatar
Heir Presumptive
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: North Carolina, United States
Posts: 2,762
Quote:
Originally Posted by MARG
While I think you are propbably correct, you must remember that Diana's interaction with the press was also less that happy!

I believe that Harry's antics are no better or worse than his father and uncles. The press has an obsession with "Diana's Children", and I think that someone with Harry's temperament would find it hard to ignore their invasions into his life.

As for the "drunken assault"? We don't know that he was that drunk and the photographer certainly hasn't filed charges. One has to wonder why? Could it be that all is not as it seems or, even more likely, pictures of Harry singing in the choir wouldn't sell. And lets face it, the bottom line is exactly that.

As an aside, I have to wonder how stable on my feet I would be having come out of a dimly lit nightclub into multiple large flashes going off in my face. Would I stagger a litte do you think?

I completely agree with all of this.
__________________
"The grass was greener / The light was brighter / The taste was sweeter / The nights of wonder / With friends surrounded / The dawn mist glowing / The water flowing / The endless river / Forever and ever........ "
  #109  
Old 03-26-2007, 05:50 AM
Little_star's Avatar
Heir Apparent
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: Manchester, United Kingdom
Posts: 5,605
I have no problem with any young Royals going to clubs, it's what 99.99% of the rest of the population his age does at the weekend.

However, he needs to realise that he isn't just "any" person. Even if there was no fight, getting blind drunk is hardly appropriate. If he wants to drink to excess do it behind closed doors with friends where you are not going to get into embarrassing situations like these.

Wether there was a fight or not, this entire story reflects badly on him, yet again.
__________________
Please give whatever you can to the DEC's Pakistan Floods Appeal. Millions of lives are at risk
http://www.dec.org.uk/index.html
  #110  
Old 03-26-2007, 06:18 AM
Heir Apparent
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Melbourne & Sydney, Australia
Posts: 3,978
Today on an Australian chat show, they showed photos of Harry's protection officer pulling him away (or off) the photographer, one of him stumbling and the other of him falling. Now these photos were not taken from any other 'episode' because he was wearing the same scarf, beanie, pants and jumper.
  #111  
Old 03-26-2007, 06:19 AM
Marengo's Avatar
Administrator
Royal Blogger, TRF Author
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: Amsterdam, Netherlands
Posts: 17,709
Well, very charming again. I wonder why people feel the need to defend the pince, as he is obviously behaving himself in a disgracefull manner, embarrasing for a royal and an officer.
__________________
TRF Rules and FAQ
  #112  
Old 03-26-2007, 06:34 AM
Heir Apparent
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Melbourne & Sydney, Australia
Posts: 3,978
Quote:
Of course he gets it! And no, he is not "a sandwich short of a picnic". He seems to be making a rather obvious statement.
An obvious statement indeed. I can act like a tool and its 'ok'!!

Quote:
Yes he is young. Yes he is making the very same 'mistakes' that a large percentage of his peers make. More than that, I think his attitude is "In Your Face!"
Leave that to Pete Doherty for goodness sakes. I mean really And as for making the same misjudgements..he must be a slow learner.

Quote:
As an aside, I have to wonder how stable on my feet I would be having come out of a dimly lit nightclub into multiple large flashes going off in my face. Would I stagger a litte do you think?
Depends on how much you had consumed I guess! I've walked out of nightclubs having been surrounded by darkness and loud music for hours, and I haven't stumbled..and I'm in heels! What's Harry's excuse? Dim light and a few bulb flashes? Possible, I guess though likely? I think not.
  #113  
Old 03-26-2007, 06:48 AM
Skydragon's Avatar
Imperial Majesty
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: London and Highlands, United Kingdom
Posts: 10,945
Quote:
Originally Posted by MARG
As for the "drunken assault"? We don't know that he was that drunk and the photographer certainly hasn't filed charges. One has to wonder why? Could it be that all is not as it seems or, even more likely, pictures of Harry singing in the choir wouldn't sell. And lets face it, the bottom line is exactly that.

As an aside, I have to wonder how stable on my feet I would be having come out of a dimly lit nightclub into multiple large flashes going off in my face. Would I stagger a litte do you think?
Oh, how I agree with you! We don't know that he was drunk, we don't know that he did anything but stumble and fall against the photographer. As for the 'pictures' showing him being pulled off the 'man', I expect any friends would grab at a friend when they stumble, to try to stop them from falling!
  #114  
Old 03-26-2007, 06:54 AM
Skydragon's Avatar
Imperial Majesty
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: London and Highlands, United Kingdom
Posts: 10,945
HARRY'S SECRET DATE

TV GIRL Natalie Pinkham last night insisted "there is only one girl" in Prince Harry's life - and it's not her.

Mirror.co.uk - News - Top Stories - HARRY'S SECRET DATE
  #115  
Old 03-26-2007, 07:54 AM
Donna B.'s Avatar
Commoner
 
Join Date: Oct 2002
Location: KY, United States
Posts: 41
Wow, where were you people when I was drinkin', lol. If I had this kind of support I'd still be drinking today. But, then I'm not a royal with fans to make excuses for me...I just had parents who didn't think it was all that cute to be a lush.



Donna B.
  #116  
Old 03-26-2007, 08:09 AM
Skydragon's Avatar
Imperial Majesty
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: London and Highlands, United Kingdom
Posts: 10,945
Quote:
Originally Posted by Donna B.
Wow, where were you people when I was drinkin', lol. If I had this kind of support I'd still be drinking today. But, then I'm not a royal with fans to make excuses for me...I just had parents who didn't think it was all that cute to be a lush.
Any evidence to support your accusation that Harry is a 'lush'?

100' of 1000's of youngsters go out for a drink, most at some stage have a drink or two too many. I don't know of many who because of a photograph, which only proves he stumbled, get called an alcoholic, waster or lush!
  #117  
Old 03-26-2007, 08:18 AM
CasiraghiTrio's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: Burbank, United States
Posts: 6,413
Quote:
Originally Posted by Skydragon
As for the 'pictures' showing him being pulled off the 'man', I expect any friends would grab at a friend when they stumble, to try to stop them from falling!
I thought the man who pulled him up was his bodyguard. Oh well, I know it doesn't matter. Certainly it was his bodyguard or a friend, maybe Mark Dyer, bottom line: someone he was with, whom he knew, not a photographer or any random person. I don't really have much of an opinion on these new pictures. He fell, he looked dead tired. I thought his eyes didn't really look drunk (and I have seen him and William looking drunk plenty of times) but the eyes did strike me as being dead freaking tired! If Prince Harry has a excessive drinking problem or is downright alcoholic, then I trust that he and his family will come to terms with it and deal with it as they deem fit. It's not our business.
  #118  
Old 03-26-2007, 08:27 AM
Skydragon's Avatar
Imperial Majesty
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: London and Highlands, United Kingdom
Posts: 10,945
All I was saying is that if you or I were with a group of friends and one of them stumbled, we would grab at them to try to stop them falling, which if there was a photographer nearby who took a photo, would give the same result as the apparently newly crowned lush, alchoholic, waster Prince Harry. I don't for a moment believe that he has a drinking problem, if he did, he would not be going out to Iraq.
I hope all the nasty comments being directed at him, based solely on what a paparazzi has reported to the media, are only from people who have never stumbled or had a drink too many!
  #119  
Old 03-26-2007, 09:27 AM
CasiraghiTrio's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: Burbank, United States
Posts: 6,413
Quote:
Originally Posted by Skydragon
All I was saying is that if you or I were with a group of friends and one of them stumbled, we would grab at them to try to stop them falling, which if there was a photographer nearby who took a photo, would give the same result as the apparently newly crowned lush, alchoholic, waster Prince Harry. I don't for a moment believe that he has a drinking problem, if he did, he would not be going out to Iraq.
I hope all the nasty comments being directed at him, based solely on what a paparazzi has reported to the media, are only from people who have never stumbled or had a drink too many!
Well, lots of military people drink excessively, as many are alcoholics, at least that's a fact in the US. I understand that attitudes in Europe and laws regarding alcohol are different than in the US, though. So perhaps what is considered "excessive" or what is considered "alcohol abuse" differs too.
I'm not judging Prince Harry or his brother. It is true that they seem to drink much more than I ever deem healthy for myself, but I've also seen worse.
To actually know whether they drink too much must require a full knowledge of their context, which I don't have.
  #120  
Old 03-26-2007, 09:39 AM
Heir Apparent
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Melbourne & Sydney, Australia
Posts: 3,978
Quote:
Originally Posted by Skydragon
As for the 'pictures' showing him being pulled off the 'man', I expect any friends would grab at a friend when they stumble, to try to stop them from falling!
Oh I'm sure a 'friend' would do that, but a employed protection officer would do the same.

Hmmm...I wasn't aware that stumbling meant grabbing anothers clothing and attempt to pull them to the ground as was clear in the photographs aired on TV
__________________

Closed Thread

Tags
prince harry


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Prince Harry and Chelsy Davy Current Events 1: October-November 2007 Warren Current Events Archive 20 11-12-2007 06:44 PM
Prince Christian and Lille Prinsesse, Current Events 1: March 2007 - June 2007 Lasse Pedersen Current Events Archive 410 06-19-2007 09:26 AM
Prince Harry Current Events 19: May 1-17, 2007 Elspeth Current Events Archive 210 05-17-2007 03:18 AM
Prince Harry Current Events 18: March 2007-May 2007 Avalon Current Events Archive 214 04-30-2007 08:23 PM
Prince Harry Current Events 16: January-March 2007 Avalon Current Events Archive 210 03-05-2007 03:54 AM




Popular Tags
ascot 2016 best gown best gown september 2016 best hat best outfit best outfit december british catherine middleton style coup d'etat crown princess mary crown princess mary evening dresses crown princess mary fashion current events duchess of cambridge dutch state visit e-mail fashion poll greece journalism kate middleton king abdullah ii king willem-alexander member introduction monarchy new zealand nobel 2016 norway november 2016 october 2016 october and november 2016 opening of parliament picture of the week prince charles prince constantijn princess marie princess mary princess mary fashion princess mette-marit's dresses princess tatiana queen letizia queen letizia casual outfits queen letizia daytime fashion queen letizia fashion queen mathilde queen mathildes outfits queen maxima queen maxima at the women deliver conference queen maxima casual wear queen maxima daytime fashion queen maxima fashion queen maxima hats queen maxima style queen rania queen rania casual outfit queen rania daytime fashion queen rania fashion queen rania in washington royalty september 2016 shah state visit state visit to denmark succession sweden the duchess of cambridge the duchess of cambridge casual wear the duchess of cambridge daytime fashion the duchess of cambridge fashion the duchess of cambridge hats wedding dresses


Our Communities

Our communities encompass many different hobbies and interests, but each one is built on friendly, intelligent membership.

» More about our Communities

Automotive Communities

Our Automotive communities encompass many different makes and models. From U.S. domestics to European Saloons.

» More about our Automotive Communities

Marine Communities

Our Marine websites focus on Cruising and Sailing Vessels, including forums and the largest cruising Wiki project on the web today.

» More about our Marine Communities


Copyright 2002- Social Knowledge, LLC All Rights Reserved.

All times are GMT -4. The time now is 07:44 AM.

Social Knowledge Networks

eXTReMe Tracker
Powered by vBulletin
Copyright ©2000 - 2017
Jelsoft Enterprises