The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Reigning Houses > British Royals > Current Events Archive

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 03-25-2007, 12:16 AM
Nobility

I'm sure the Queen has expressed her displeasure before. No one can reign him in, not even the Queen apparently. Maybe Prince Phillip can scare him. Take him on a hunting trip and pull a Dick Cheney--cock the rifle then pull the trigger at some poor duck flying overhead. The only thing that will slow Harry down is time and age/maturity...and a woman...not Chelsy, because that relationship looks a little co-dependent to me. Hitting the clubs gets really old. Meanwhile his friends have got to step up and take the parties and Harry along with them to their estates, out of sight.

Old 03-25-2007, 12:39 AM
Heir Apparent

And while she may have, It's well noted that the Queen chooses to leave such matters to their father (of course) and not interfere, but I really think she ought to.

Whilst I feel shooting the Prince in the rear is a tad excessive (amusing mental image though.lol.) he needs to know once and for all the limitations of his public display.

Grow up Harry. No one will do it for you!

Old 03-25-2007, 01:35 AM
Courtier

I wouldn't be surprised if the pressman hounding him tripped him for the story.

The kid went out and had a very legal drinks and didn't drive home. He's about to go serve overseas in a mortally dangerous zone.

IMO, the article makes those after him look worse than Harry!
Old 03-25-2007, 03:39 AM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Luv2Cruise
Hilarious.

He's a grown man responsible and accountable for his own behavior. Those pictures are Exhibit A as to why I continue to cheer a William & Kate union blessed with tons of little heirs, so that we won't have to worry about Harry owning the keys to the palace. He's got a certain zest for life, what more can be said?
I totally agree. He is responsible and accountable for his behaviour and he needs to start realising that. If he needs to drink in excess and make a fool of himself in public, then find a room in the palace and turn it into a nightclub so that he doesn't have to be seen falling over his own feet.
Hopefully William will produce a few sons and heirs freeing up Harry from the stresses of his future. Perhaps that is why he drinks so heavily. (Tongue in cheek.)
Old 03-25-2007, 04:04 AM
Nobility

Post Prince Harry current events 14: March 5 2007 -

Quote:
Originally Posted by crisscross1
I totally agree. He is responsible and accountable for his behaviour and he needs to start realising that. If he needs to drink in excess and make a fool of himself in public, then find a room in the palace and turn it into a nightclub so that he doesn't have to be seen falling over his own feet.
Hopefully William will produce a few sons and heirs freeing up Harry from the stresses of his future. Perhaps that is why he drinks so heavily. (Tongue in cheek.)
I agree with you on one hand on the other you do ot know what went dwon before he chased the phototag. The fact is that from what I read and pictures that I have seen he grabbed or tried grab the mans shirt. To me it appears that his foot got under the Land Rover somehow.
Old 03-25-2007, 06:59 AM
Imperial Majesty

Royals Deny Harry Involved in Scuffle

Prince Charles' Office Denies Prince Harry Was in a Scuffle With Photographer Outside Club.

ABC News: Royals Deny Harry Involved in Scuffle

He was out with friends and on the way out of the nightclub he stumbled on the kerb and fell on the photographer.
"There was no aggressive intent, they were laughing at it at the time.

Prince Harry accused of paparazzi scuffle | The Sunday Telegraph

The world according to skydragon. I believe Harry's version of what happened, he tripped on an uneven kerb, (anyone who has been to Bouji's can confirm how bad the pavement is), and accidentally knocked the person in front of him, who happened to be a lowlife snapper, who has found a new way to make extra money and sell his pictures.
Old 03-25-2007, 11:02 AM
Nobility

Hmmm... The jury's out on this one...
Old 03-25-2007, 12:32 PM
Commoner

Antoher night out for Harry...which is fine...but what's the point of denying the incident with the photographer?! It is not the poor man's fault that Harry did something he shouldn't have. And Chelsy could have learnt about his night out with this girl with the help of her friends...or Harry's "friends" ... after all one can never know who saw them together.
Old 03-25-2007, 12:39 PM
Imperial Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by melike2
Antoher night out for Harry...which is fine...but what's the point of denying the incident with the photographer?! It is not the poor man's fault that Harry did something he shouldn't have.
The point of denying it could be that it did not happen the way the paparazzi would like us to believe, I mean what is he going to get the higher payment for, Harry falling over and knocking into him = accident or Harry grabbed him and swore = $$$$$$
Old 03-25-2007, 02:50 PM
Serene Highness

Oh dear Harry! I think there is some truth in this but also some exaggerations on the part of a photog trying to get his name out there. Does this seem odd that the RF is denying this so soon? It just seems that most of the time no matter which RF it is it seems that they really like to keep quiet in most circumstances. So I'm a bit surprised that there is a denial about the incident so quickly. But I guess this could seriously escalate(speculation on attempted assault, possible lawsuit, etc.) At least in America things like that would be specualted about right away if this had happened to say the Pres. daughter. Anyways, I think their doing the right thing by addressing the matter.

p.s. I agree with Madame Royale, please Harry grow up and act like a royal. Realize that things like this are not acceptable.
Old 03-25-2007, 03:51 PM
Imperial Majesty

The Queen and other royals of that age had never retaliated, but since the death of Diana, we are seeing a change in their attitude.

Charles will take people to court and he will defend his sons against all unfair or unfounded allegations. Good for him, it's about time they fought back.

If this pap has evidence and withnesses to an alleged assualt, lets hear them, lets see the police report or is it a case of the boy tripped and like anyone else grabbed at the nearest object? What a great pity everyone would prefer to believe the worst of this young man.
Old 03-25-2007, 03:56 PM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skydragon
If this pap has evidence and withnesses to an alleged assualt, lets hear them, lets see the police report or is it a case of the boy tripped and like anyone else grabbed at the nearest object? What a great pity everyone would prefer to believe the worst of this young man.

Yeah, if this really happened then why weren't there more witnesses. In the articles I've read covering this, only the photog is giving statements. And where's the police report or were the police even called for that matter? More I hear about this the more I think it's just a man trying to get his fifteen minutes of fame. Sad!
Old 03-25-2007, 04:09 PM
Nobility

The first royal to attend rehab for alcohol. The Queen would DIE!! Have any royals gone to rehab?
Old 03-25-2007, 04:53 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by cowarth
The first royal to attend rehab for alcohol. The Queen would DIE!! Have any royals gone to rehab?
In January 2002 Prince Harry had admitted smoking Cannabis. Prince Charles undertook a number of measures, including taking Harry to visit a drug rehabilitation facility.

Her Majesty mercifully survived the incident.
Queen Elizabeth: "I cannot lead you into battle, I do not give you laws or administer justice but I can do something else, I can give you my heart and my devotion to these old islands and to all the peoples of our brotherhood of nations." God, Save The Queen!
Old 03-25-2007, 04:55 PM
Heir Presumptive
Royal Blogger

A disgrace this would never have happened if Diana had been alive - Charles is too interested in his new wife to disipline either Willian or Harry

Old 03-25-2007, 05:02 PM
Royal Highness
Royal Blogger, TRF Author

Harry isn't a child to be disciplined. He's a young adult, and, unfortunately, young adults make mistakes. It is a matter for concern, however, when alcoholism is a problem on both sides of one's family. (Maybe an appropriate royal or retainer ought to have a discussion with Harry.)
Old 03-25-2007, 05:42 PM
Serene Highness

Who mentioned he was an alcoholic? Just because he had a few too many if in fact he had a few too many(we don't know that for sure). I mean it doesn't mean one is an alcoholic. Yes, it's probably quite inappropriate and irresponsible of him if he did get drunk. But how many young adults male or female in Harry's age bracket aren't hanging out at pubs enjoy some drinks and sometimes they to might go overboard.
Old 03-25-2007, 06:05 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by PrincessofEurope
A disgrace this would never have happened if Diana had been alive - Charles is too interested in his new wife to disipline either Willian or Harry
What do you mean by that? Would Diana not have allowed her grown-up officer son to go out? Would she have attended his session at the nightclub à la Fergie & daughters (LOL!). Or would she have used her motherly influence to punish him? How?
'To dare is to lose one step for but a moment, not to dare is to lose oneself forever' - Crown Prince Frederick of Denmark in a letter to Miss Mary Donaldson as stated by them on their official engagement interview.
Old 03-25-2007, 06:12 PM
Heir Apparent
TRF Author

FWIW, I doubt if Harry's escapades are any more racy than Charles' or Andrew's when they were his age.

The press was more deferential and not looking to snare the royals in compromising positions. If the press had been as aggressive in the 70s as it is now; we may have seen some interesting stories.

As to whether Diana would have disciplined him, she was more the hugging, demonstrative, encouraging type of parent rather than the disciplinarian. I dont' think she would have played the bad guy with her sons to discipline them.
"One thing we can do is make the choice to view the world in a healthy way. We can choose to see the world as safe with only moments of danger rather than seeing the world as dangerous with only moments of safety."
-- Deepak Chopra
Old 03-25-2007, 07:23 PM
Serene Highness

Great point ysbel. The media of today is nothing like how it was in the 70's.

Closed Thread

Tags
prince harry