Prince Harry Current Events 16: January-March 2007

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
They can't send Euan Blair. He'd spent half his time in the bars of Baghdad.

Elspeth said:
What they really need to do is send Blair's son and the children of a few other high-ranking politicians, and they'd find the money fast enough. Perhaps these reports of Harry having to buy extra kit might wake people up to what's going on over there.
I'm afraid unless you are involved with the forces, people will just think, 'thank goodness Harry can get his own stuff'. The papers here were full of reports of how one man died after he was ordered to hand over his bulletproof vest to another soldier. :sad:

Skydragon said:
I'm afraid unless you are involved with the forces, people will just think, 'thank goodness Harry can get his own stuff'. The papers here were full of reports of how one man died after he was ordered to hand over his bulletproof vest to another soldier. :sad:

Yes, I heard about that. A tragedy!

Skydragon said:

This is very disturbing news to me! :sad: If a government is going to send its soldiers to a war zone, they should all be properly and equally supplied with everything they need IMO, and I assumed they all were these days.

I don't recall ever hearing or reading that our Aussie service personnel don't have what they need. I know a fellow who was in the Gulf in the early 90s and is still serving so I'll ask him when I get a chance.

Well, I hope for him, that he doesn't have to be at the worst places... getting traumatized, maybe having to kill someone..I think not, but to me it seems as if he wanted to see the "real" thing...
Sometimes a thing that sounds exciting in your dreams, isn't that cool anymore, when you are confronted with reality. War is never fun.

I am sure he has dreamed of fighting in a war when he was a child, but I think Harry wants to fight for his country. He doesn't want to fight just to experience it. I think he wants to fight to protect.

The Sun, it's editor and whoever wrote the aricle should be bundled up and dropped in Maysan Province, from a great height!:furious: Have they already forgotten that the MOD and Clarence House asked them not to put Harry in further danger by guessing at where he would be posted!

Skydragon said:
The Sun, it's editor and whoever wrote the aricle should be bundled up and dropped in Maysan Province, from a great height!:furious: Have they already forgotten that the MOD and Clarence House asked them not to put Harry in further danger by guessing at where he would be posted!

Locking them in the Tower (why was it ever turned into museum?!) would't be enough for them, that's for sure!:bang:
Seriously, I did expect there was some hope that the Media would have at least some consideration! :mad: Don't they understand that they aare really putting soldiers, not only Harrry, in danger?

Last edited:
Avalon said:
:bang: Seriously, I did expect there was some hope that the Media would have at least some consideration! :mad: Don't they understand that they aare really putting soldiers, not only Harrry, in danger?
You obviously missed the point. They don't give a fat rats arse! :bash: Creating a more dangerous situation for Harry and his unit will reap very large profits down stream. I mean to say, we can't let a little thing like death get in the way of the bottom line, or the headline. :censored:

And then if Harry or some of his men get killed, the Sun can follow up with even bigger headlines: "I Told You So"

My only hope is that if the Sun is as reliable here as it is on other royal news, then the enemies has a snowball's chance in hell of really finding Harry.

ysbel said:
My only hope is that if the Sun is as reliable here as it is on other royal news.
Exactly! They still need dealing with though.

Maybe the Army has been feeding misinformation to the Sun, knowing that it would ignore pleas to not print speculation about Harry's whereabouts.

The only thing that's going to stop this abuse by the tabloids is for people to stop buying them, and we know that won't happen because a lot of people want to read this stuff. It's the whole vicious cycle of Diana and the paparazzi all over again. While the photographers deserve a lot of the blame, in the last analysis they're just feeding a need in their customers.

I definitely think the more official the information, the more mis-leading.
There is so much speculation that occasionally things are correctly guessed but rather than admit to it, further erroneous things are "leaked".

Its rather smart, IMO.

So it isn't yet confirmed that he's going to Iraq?

No It is my understanding that he will not have guards, except his own men and the other soldiers serving out there.

That is not a job the SAS does, play nursemaid to a soldier! :rolleyes:

I very seriously doubt Harry would even accept special protection, especially since the rest of the men in his unit wouldn't have it. He wants to be a regular soldier fighting on the front lines.

Skydragon said:
No It is my understanding that he will not have guards, except his own men and the other soldiers serving out there.

That is not a job the SAS does, play nursemaid to a soldier! :rolleyes:
To quote the famously anonymous defence sources, "Where exactly do you think a bodygaurd would sit in a Scimitar?" ;)
With a pithy statement like that, you know it's got to come from some senior officer with a case of the screaming iritts having had to state the obvious, yet again, to some media pillock! :ROFLMAO:

MARG said:
To quote the famously anonymous defence sources, "Where exactly do you think a bodygaurd would sit in a Scimitar?" ;)
With a pithy statement like that, you know it's got to come from some senior officer with a case of the screaming iritts having had to state the obvious, yet again, to some media pillock! :ROFLMAO:
How about an extra scimitar, with 2 SAS men and a bodyguard driving it, oh and a great big flag with an arrow, saying 'Harry is here'. :rolleyes: :ROFLMAO:

Skydragon said:
How about an extra scimitar, with 2 SAS men and a bodyguard driving it, oh and a great big flag with an arrow, saying 'Harry is here'. :rolleyes: :ROFLMAO:
Do you think that would be sufficient? Maybe a Royal Protection Squad of 4, suits sharp, ties discrete, sunnys gleaming, running along beside the Scimitar a-la presidential calavcade? :rolleyes: :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO:

I would expect the vehicle to be flying his personal Royal Standard as well, so that the dictates of protocol are followed correctly.

Security

Prince Harry to Go to War in Iraq | Prince Harry : AOL Entertainment News

Security issues for the prince and his colleagues have been a major concern for military and royal officials. London's Evening Standard newspaper reports that Harry, who is normally protected by Metropolitan Police bodyguards, will be shadowed by the Army's elite Special Air Service (SAS) in Iraq.

An SAS source tells PEOPLE: "He would probably be protected by an eight-member SAS team working in teams of four in 12-hour shifts. They won't let him out of their sight. They will be eating, sleeping and fighting alongside him. They will become his best new pals."

cowarth said:
An SAS source tells PEOPLE: "He would probably be protected by an eight-member SAS team working in teams of four in 12-hour shifts. They won't let him out of their sight. They will be eating, sleeping and fighting alongside him. They will become his best new pals."
:lol: Right, a newspaper reports that an SAS source told them....

It would be even funnier if people weren't so taken in by these rags. Where are they going to be when he is out on patrol in one of the Scimitar vehicles. I know the SAS receive extensive training in all manner of things, but what are they going to do, pretend to blend in with the vehicle, run alongside, sit in the vehicle (which only holds 3), Are they going to displace one of the other scimitar crews, which would leave everyone else at risk.

Skydragon said:
:lol: ....I know the SAS receive extensive training in all manner of things, but what are they going to do, pretend to blend in with the vehicle, run alongside, sit in the vehicle (which only holds 3).
Hmm..... you've got me there! :ohmy:

I know the SAS are skilled at jumping out of perfectly serviceable aircraft, but making like a tank? :wacko: :ROFLMAO:

cowarth said:
Who can trust the rags!!

Far too many people, unfortunately, judging from the comment sections on the newspapers' websites (both the gutter press and the broadsheets). :doh:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom