Prince Harry Current Events 19: May 1-17, 2007

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Elspeth

Former Moderator
City
Country
United States
Welcome to part 16 of the thread to discuss Prince Harry's current events.

The old thread is here:

http://www.theroyalforums.com/forum...ents-15-march-30-2007-may-1-2007-a-12332.html

Please keep the discussion of his deployment to Iraq calm and respectful of the feelings of other posters and their right to express their opinions. If this thread starts getting as heated as the last one ended up, the moderators will be deleting posts and issuing warnings.

Henry wrote a Will who gets his Money?

Last edited by a moderator:
Royal Fan said:
Henry wrote a Will who gets his Money?

Until Harry dies we won't know what decisions he has made about his estate.

Hopefully that will be many years in the future (and with the age difference between him and me I hope that is many years after I am gone).

Last edited by a moderator:
I praise the Queen for sending Harry to Iraq - lots of Australian troops are there now. I have a good friend who just returned from Iraq - he is married with three children. There is nothing to fear.

Daniel V Healy said:
I praise the Queen for sending Harry to Iraq - lots of Australian troops are there now. I have a good friend who just returned from Iraq - he is married with three children. There is nothing to fear.

I doubt if the Queen really is sending him - her government made the decision to go to war and he joined the army.

The decision to send him was made by the army and the government.

Sure she would have been advised but she certainly wouldn't have said 'Look my grandson is in the army - send him to Iraq' She would have certainly not interferred in any way.

As I remember, when there was first talk of Harry going to Iraq, CH and the army pleaded for the media not to give too much away, about where and when he would be posted.

I had hoped that they would show some restraint, after all there are lives at risk, but it seems they will print anything to sell a paper.:sad:

Daniel V Healy said:
Australian troops, so we're told, are not in the front line nor engaging in combat duties. British troops are.

I've taken out a post or two well outside of the topic of "Prince Harry current events."
This thread is not a general "War in Iraq" discussion thread.

thanks,
Warren
British Forums moderator

Harry will be a target just like the soldiers in WWI going to the trenches. I thought about it and in my opinion it is wrong to send him.

susan alicia said:
Harry will be a target just like the soldiers in WWI going to the trenches. I thought about it and in my opinion it is wrong to send him.
I supported the idea of him going into combat 100%, after all, some of my own children and other relatives are in combat zones and whats good enough for them, is good enough for Harry. But on reflection their safety is more important to me, than Harry's hurt feelings and there is no doubt, with the media telling everyone where he will be and even the day he is expected out there, he will be in danger and that brings added risks to anyone within a 2 mile radius.
Daniel V Healy said:
There is nothing to fear
I wonder if the relatives of the dead and injured troops would agree with you.

I read that the soldiers HATE it when diplomats visit because the security threat is exponentially increased for the troops they visit.

Most of them, IME, are unhappy when anyone visits. They are ordered to smile' look happy, even take photo's and don't forget, those you see meeting and greeting will have been thoroughly vetted. :rolleyes:

It is probably the most boring detail in the service.

Last edited:
Daniel V Healy said:

I never thought the Queen "sent" the soldiers.:)

Daniel V Healy said:

I'm sorry, but you couldn't be more wrong. While it was fortunate that your friend came home unscathed, there are many who don't.....so there is plenty to fear.

Sister Morphine said:
I'm sorry, but you couldn't be more wrong. While it was fortunate that your friend came home unscathed, there are many who don't.....so there is plenty to fear.

In addition, when we hear about woundings, we aren't quite sure just how deep the wounds go. They just had a special on in the US regarding the Veterans Administration and how they are helping the brain injured. Many of these fine young men are brought back helpless. Many have lost almost half the skull and brain; but, still are alive in the sense of not being dead. An insurgents large ammo round tears at bone, muscle and cartiledge leaving behind goo. It's god awful these "wounds" are. Many probably wish they were dead. YouTube has a lot of video by the insurgents wiping soldiers away or wounding them so critically that many wish they were dead.

Harry and his troops are in for a 6 month hell.

Harry will do well in Iraq! I appreciate that there is alot to fear - the young Prince will do very well!!

cowarth said:
The service has polo?

The different regiments have a variety of sporting teams.

Harry and William have joined one that has polo - not surprising when it is a mounted regiment.

Harry's arrival in Iraq is delayed by security fears

Prince Harry's arrival in Iraq has been postponed due to security fears over his posting.
The prince, who is third in line to the throne, is due to be flown out later than most of his squadron, the Daily Mail can reveal.

Harry's arrival in Iraq is delayed by security fears | News | This is London

Harry's men to hunt out danger

PRINCE Harry will be sent to Iraq as late as possible — giving his comrades vital time to assess the dangers posed by fanatical rebels.

The move gives troops in the Royal’s unit, the Household Cavalry’s A Squadron, the chance to be in position and let them gain combat experience before his arrival.

The Sun Online - News: Harry's men to hunt out danger

Harry’s move to Iraq is delayed

Prince Harry's deployment to southern Iraq has been effectively delayed due to security concerns, it emerged last night.
The 22-year-old prince, who is third in line to the throne, is due to fly out later than most of his Blues and Royals squadron.

Harrys move to Iraq is delayed | Uk News | News | Telegraph

Prince Harry's presence in Iraq will be a guarded secret

Prince Harry, third in line to the British throne, will be sent to Iraq as late as possible and his presence would be kept a guarded secret. The move to send him late is being contemplated so as to give his comrades enough time to assess the dangers posed by fanatical rebels who are planning to kill him

World News - International Headlines from Yahoo! News India

HARRY SOLDIERS DO A SPARTACUS

SOLDIERS are heading for Iraq wearing T-shirts saying "I'm Harry" in a show of defiance at rebels intent on harming the prince.

Mirror.co.uk - News - Top Stories - HARRY SOLDIERS DO A SPARTACUS

:lol:

Am I the only one who think that HArry is very egocentric to go to th war. IMO he is jeopardising his fellow soldiers life by biebg there.
I think he should stay home.

I don't know about Harry being egocentric. He volunteered for the service, was accepted, and was reasonably expecting to serve with the other officers in his troops.

What I find totally reprehensible is the conduct of the Ministry of Defence (MoD) and the press as regards to Harry's deployment. As someone else said earlier, the decision should have been made on where Harry could reasonably serve before he was accepted into Sandhurst. The time after he passes out of Sandhurst is not the time to start discussing whether or not it is too dangerous for him to go to Iraq.

I find it even more alarming that newspapers are printing out reports of where Harry will be stationed. This is highly irresponsible.

Based on this, I can only conclude that someone or someone(s) in the MoD are unhappy with the top brass' decision to send Harry to Iraq and they are deliberately trying to sabotage that decision by leaking information to the press and are hoping to force the top brass' hand to reverse their previous decision.

All I can say is that their war is getting less and less support from the public as it stands right now so if lone rangers in the office use this level of underhanded subtrefuge to get what they want in many other situations, they will risk totally losing public support for their war effort.

HRH Kimetha said:

Prince Harry's arrival in Iraq has been postponed due to security fears over his posting.
The prince, who is third in line to the throne, is due to be flown out later than most of his squadron, the Daily Mail can reveal.

Harry's arrival in Iraq is delayed by security fears | News | This is London

Harry's men to hunt out danger

PRINCE Harry will be sent to Iraq as late as possible — giving his comrades vital time to assess the dangers posed by fanatical rebels.

The move gives troops in the Royal’s unit, the Household Cavalry’s A Squadron, the chance to be in position and let them gain combat experience before his arrival.

The Sun Online - News: Harry's men to hunt out danger

Harry’s move to Iraq is delayed

Prince Harry's deployment to southern Iraq has been effectively delayed due to security concerns, it emerged last night.
The 22-year-old prince, who is third in line to the throne, is due to fly out later than most of his Blues and Royals squadron.

Harrys move to Iraq is delayed | Uk News | News | Telegraph
Are they reconsidering deploying the Prince once again?

What I find totally reprehensible is the conduct of the Ministry of Defence (MoD) and the press as regards to Harry's deployment. As someone else said earlier, the decision should have been made on where Harry could reasonably serve before he was accepted into Sandhurst. The time after he passes out of Sandhurst is not the time to start discussing whether or not it is too dangerous for him to go to Iraq.
I believe the MOD thought the war would be over before he would have to deploy.

Last edited:
ysbel said:
I don't know about Harry being egocentric. He volunteered for the service, was accepted, and was reasonably expecting to serve with the other officers in his troops.

I find it even more alarming that newspapers are printing out reports of where Harry will be stationed. This is highly irresponsible.

Based on this, I can only conclude that someone or someone(s) in the MoD are unhappy with the top brass' decision to send Harry to Iraq and they are deliberately trying to sabotage that decision by leaking information to the press and are hoping to force the top brass' hand to reverse their previous decision.

All I can say is that their war is getting less and less support from the public as it stands right now so if lone rangers in the office use this level of underhanded subtrefuge to get what they want in many other situations, they will risk totally losing public support for their war effort.
Kind of like here? At least Harry is willing/eager to go. I dont see anyone named Bush, Cheney, Rumsfeld or Rice in the US Armed Services.

scooter said:
Kind of like here? At least Harry is willing/eager to go. I dont see anyone named Bush, Cheney, Rumsfeld or Rice in the US Armed Services.
They have not even been to Iraq since the war started.

cowarth said:
They have not even been to Iraq since the war started.

On the contrary cowarth. President Bush, Secretary of State Rice and Donald Rumsfeld have all been to Iraq since the war started.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom