Prince Harry Current Events 19: May 1-17, 2007

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
cowarth said:
What is the Act of Settlement?

Catholics can't rule England. That's basically what it is. The heir to the throne can't marry a Catholic and convert. Any Catholic cannot be in line to the throne.

Is that why prince or king _____ abdicated back in the 20s or 30s?

cowarth said:
Is that why prince or king _____ abdicated back in the 20s or 30s?

No. King Edward VIII abdicated to marry Wallis Simpson, a twice-divorced American. It had nothing to do with Catholocism.

I think both male primogeniture and the Act of Settlement are overdue for reform.

Turns out that if you use the search engine, you'll find that a lot of these questions have already been answered.
Thank you for the information about the search engine.

Elspeth said:
The problem is that the media won't keep their stupid noses out of it. The more danger Harry is in, the more profit the media will make.

The media right now is probably recruiting an "embedded" journalist to report on Harry to sell their paper. Any picture of Harry in a Scimitar probably will fetch a lot of readers and thus a profit.:)

The military carefully screens all embedded personel, I do not see the media getting any photage of Harry.

Skydragon, How long do new Second Lt. stay at their rank before getting Lt.? He has has been in the Army for a littile over a year. However, I have seen no proof that he recieved a promotion so he probably hasn't.

It is normally 2 years. :flowers:

Skydragon said:
It is normally 2 years. :flowers:

With William's University degree, will he not get a promotion before Harry? Or, does the military not look at degrees in upward mobility?

Both William and Harry are men of substance like myself! I am wanting to know whether each of them feels "he" will not be married-off so soon as most persons think!??
Good luck to Harry in his deployment and William as he has a break(or is it!!).
Both lads are in my prayers.

What happens on the daY soldiers are deployed? I know we will not see Harry as he leaves, I am just asking in general.

Prince Daniel Vincent said:
I am wondering about your AGE Skydragon??

That is an impolite question to ask a lady, sir.:nonono:

HRH Kimetha said:
With William's University degree, will he not get a promotion before Harry? Or, does the military not look at degrees in upward mobility?

I don't think degrees should or do have anything to do with it. I want the guy who just got promoted to General (or the equivalent rank in the RAF) to not just be sitting in that spot because he has an MBA from Harvard. I want him to be there because he's proven himself to be a dedicated leader and capable of handling that task.

Sister Morphine said:
I don't think degrees should or do have anything to do with it. I want the guy who just got promoted to General (or the equivalent rank in the RAF) to not just be sitting in that spot because he has an MBA from Harvard. I want him to be there because he's proven himself to be a dedicated leader and capable of handling that task.

Here in the US it does matter. Usually, there is one rank level difference for college educated officers. Instead of 2nd Lt, it will be 1st Lt in the Air Force for CO's and Airman 1st Class instead of Airman for NCO's when starting out. They consider the college degree as work experience.:)

HRH Kimetha said:
Here in the US it does matter. Usually, there is one rank level difference for college educated officers. Instead of 2nd Lt, it will be 1st Lt in the Air Force for CO's and Airman 1st Class instead of Airman for NCO's when starting out. They consider the college degree as work experience.:)

Interesting approach. Experience it may be, but I wouldn't call it relevant experience. I don't see why a degree should make any difference, except for the fact that the discipline and reasoning and expression skills acquires doing a degree may assist the person to grasp the requirements of their job and demonstrate their competence earlier than if they hadn't had that education. A degree is not evidence of leadership skills.
:bee:

Last edited:
Roslyn said:
Interesting approach. Experience it may be, but it's not relevant experience, IMHO. I don't see why a degree should make any difference, except for the fact that the discipline and reasoning and expression skills acquires doing a degree may assist the person to grasp the requirements of their job and demonstrate their competence earlier than if they hadn't had that education. Having a degree does not mean a person has leadership skills.

I agree with your statement "having a degree does not mean a person has leadership skills." because there are those college grads that graduate with problems in leading themselves in responsible positions. However, most of your management positions here in the states normally require such a degree to get an first interview or extensive experience in the industry to either get a promotion to management position or even getting an interview for the position at another business. Let us not forget that the military is it's own business. As on the outside of the military establishment where a degree pays more and gets you into management positions, so does it matter to the military. The military considers that the experience, discipline and responsibilities that one had to achieve to get that degree is equally important to carrying on the mission of the military and thus puts them in charge of soldiers that lack such experience and discipline. Perhaps Australia is not like that?

William and Harry were lucky to have been sent to both Eton & Sandhurst where they were taught the discipline of responsibilities and demeanor expected of military officers. Unless you haven't been in the service, then one doesn't understand the countless hours that go into starching uniforms, polishing dress shoes and combat boots and getting the snap salute and marching down. It takes discipline and much more.

But, William has more to offer the service than Harry. And, that's not meant to demean Harry in anyway. It's just another measurement in recognizing the individual that goes the extra length.:flowers:

We're wig you, Prince Harry

We're wig you, Prince Harry

PRINCE Harry’s prankster soldiers have shown solidarity with him — by buying ginger WIGS for Iraq.

The idea is to confuse insurgents into not knowing which of the 12 men in their troop to attack.

The Sun Online - News: We're wig you, Prince Harry

HRH Kimetha said:
It doesn't normally work like that. Medical doctors are the general exceptions, dentists may also skip a rank. If the JO is really exceptional, they can also be offered an early promotion.

A degree in The Beatles will probably not give you any of the extra qualities that a soldier needs.:royalguard:

Prince Daniel Vincent said:
I am wondering about your AGE Skydragon??
I'm not sure, I lost my sense of time after I was abducted by aliens! :alien: :beamup:

Last edited:
Household Cavalry pals said red-headed 2nd lieutenant Harry, 22, found the joke “hilarious”. But he was also secretly delighted with the vote of support as controversy still rages over his dangerous front-line deployment.
I am glad Harry's men are behind him, want him to lead them in Iraq and that they can find something to laugh about over there.

Skydragon said:
It doesn't normally work like that. Medical doctors are the general exceptions, dentists may also skip a rank. If the JO is really exceptional, they can also be offered an early promotion.

A degree in The Beatles will probably not give you any of the extra qualities that a soldier needs.:royalguard:

Wouldn't that be something if it did? :ROFLMAO:

Over here, there are only certain degrees that one can get to get higher promotion. Psychology and Political Science are two of those followed by engineering degrees. There are others, but they escape my memory right now.:)

Lets say you attended Philip's Academy in Andover and West Point, how can the schools you attended, help you in the military?

cowarth said:
Lets say you attended Philip's Academy in Andover and West Point, how can the schools you attended, help you in the military?

I think we are getting quite off topic here as we continue to discuss the military and the college degree.

It does become a moot point when all one has to see is that with a college degree or military academy degree, such as from Sandhurst in UK and military academies, university in US, etc., the graduate goes into the military as an officer and not as a NCO. That in itself shows the point that the college degree or officer training school gets one "promoted" to officer other than a non-com.:flowers:

And, looking at both of the boys, if Harry didn't go through Sandhurst first, he wouldn't be a an officer as that is an officer training school for UK, which is unlike the US military academies, which are considered universities. It is rare that those attending Sandhurst do not have their college degrees. Yet to be an officer in the UK, one must attend one of the officer schools, which does put them above the regular soldier on the field.

I think we are getting quite off topic here as we continue to discuss the military and the college degree.

Indeed we are; thanks for pointing that out. I think we've pretty much exhausted this off-topic topic now, so perhaps we could get back to the topic of Prince Harry and his current activities.:)

Wills & Harry get lapdance club

Wills & Harry get lapdance club

A NUDE lapdance club is to open just yards from Prince William and Harry’s army barracks.

Their Household Cavalry regiment has already been put on full alert that it will be “more than welcome”.

The Sun Online - News: Wills & Harry get lapdance club

Not much is happening with the two Princes, so The Sun had to relate a story to the Princes to sell a copy or two.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom