Prince Harry Current Events 15: November 2006-January 2007

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Skydragon said:
He will be guarding the barracks, he won't be at the castle. He will still get a christmas dinner though! :lol:

I just hope he has a private supply of tablets to treat indigestion!:ROFLMAO:
I was wondering if the British Army followed the tradition of the Officers serving the other ranks Christmas Lunch?

MARG said:
I was wondering if the British Army followed the tradition of the Officers serving the other ranks Christmas Lunch?
Oh yes! :ROFLMAO:

^They really look hard for ways to criticize the Princes, don't they?

Skydragon said:
OK, too Colonial, so Hell will freeze over first. :whistling:

Last edited by a moderator:
TonyaR said:
This is one of the big adjustments Prince Harry has to make now that he has actually embarked upon his career. I'm sure that Harry is dealing with it with a smile. He doesn't strike me as the type of man that complains, I think he just gets on with his job. Good for Prince Harry!

I completely agree with this. I know it will be hard on him to be away from friends and family on Christmas, but if you take up a career in the Army, you are expected to sacrifice sometimes. As you said, I'm sure he'll handle this without complaint....he's not a little boy anymore, he's a 22 year old man.

Skydragon said:
4 IN THE BACK AND NO SEATBELTS .. ER, ISN'T THAT ILLEGAL HARRY?

HARRY flaunts the law as he heads home after his boozy night out - sitting in the back of a car with three other passengers and wearing no seatbelt.

http://www.mirror.co.uk/news/topstories/tm_headline=4-in-the-back-and-no-seatbelts-%2D%2D-er%2D-isn%2Dt-that-illegal-harry%2D-%26method=full%26objectid=18308157%26siteid=94762-name_page.html

As stupid as being in a car PERIOD with no seatbelt on is, at least he wasn't driving while drunk. He should have put it on, but like someone just said, I think this amounts to nothing more than just nitpicking for nitpicking's sake.

(Note that all reports are based on an article from the Sun)

Prince Harry is going to war in Iraq
Prince Harry will go to Iraq, says Chelsy

Prince Harry, the third in line for the British throne, is going to the war in Iraq, and his girlfriend Chelsy Davy will take a world tour to take her mind off him in his absence.
According to a report in the Sun, a largely-circulated tabloid, the 21-year-old beauty is making plans to travel the world while her boyfriend Harry, 22, completes a tour of duty in the strife-torn land.

Chesly has spoken, that's like reading something the Mirror or People said. As Skydragon said, just in a little different terms, if she had a brain, she would take it out and play with it!

Obviously, Chelsy does have half a brain having graduated from university with a degree in economics and politics. And we really don't know if she said this or not. If this was the other "perfect princess material" royal girlfriend who was accused of saying something like this by a tabloid there would be hell to pay for anyone who suggested that she had half a brain.:bash:

Laviollette said:
Obviously, Chelsy does have half a brain having graduated from university with a degree in economics and politics. And we really don't know if she said this or not. If this was the other "perfect princess material" royal girlfriend who was accused of saying something like this by a tabloid there would be hell to pay for anyone who suggested that she had half a brain.:bash:
ITA. This seems to be a recurring good "princess-in-waiting" vs. bad "social climbing princess-in-waiting" theme.:rolleyes:

Laviollette said:
Obviously, Chelsy does have half a brain having graduated from university with a degree in economics and politics.
Actually, I believe that everyone is making the fundamental error of believing that a superior education denotes a superior mind. It is just that, a superior education, not to be mistaken for that most uncommon commodity ..... common sense! :bang:
One of my best friend's has Masters Degree, however, she would be the first to admit she doesn't have enough common sense to get out of the rain! She is, in fact, a self proclaimed flake. Loveable, but a flake nonetheless! :ROFLMAO:

I didn't say she had a superior mind because she has a degree. I just said she does at least have half a brain.

I'm with MARG on this, most people know that a degree does not denote intelligence or common sense! :lol:

As for those who believe it is simply, good princess in waiting v social climber, IF Catherine had been stupid enough to gush that William is off to war, then I for one would believe that she also only had half a brain!

However, once again it is Chelsy making herself look an idiot!:rolleyes:

Laviollette said:
I didn't say she had a superior mind because she has a degree. I just said she does at least have half a brain.
But is it functioning? :ROFLMAO:

Skydragon said:
I'm with MARG on this, most people know that a degree does not denote intelligence or common sense! :lol:

As for those who believe it is simply, good princess in waiting v social climber, IF Catherine had been stupid enough to gush that William is off to war, then I for one would believe that she also only had half a brain!

However, once again it is Chelsy making herself look an idiot!:rolleyes:

Just for clarification, that is not what I believe. I do think, however, that to some extent this is the scenario the press is trying to present.

IMO, it would have sounded the same coming from Kate. I mean really, what girlfriend/fiance gushes about their loved one going to war? Yes, I'm sure they are proud to be serving their country, but I would rather have my boyfriend safe and sound. The next time Chelsy decides to say something, maybe she should first reflect on WHAT she is going to say.

Neither article claimed Chelsy talked to them directly. It appears she told a friend who promptly blabbed to the press.

It could have been something as simple as Chelsy saying, "If Harry went to Iraq, I don't know what I'd do."

Yeah, Chelsy may have half a brain but I'm more concerned by the people she and Harry hang around.

Have you ever noticed that embarassing stuff about Harry gets out a lot more often than about William. Yes, I believe Harry and Chelsy are a bit wilder than Wills and Kate but not THAT much wilder.

Harry's classmates sell surreptious pics to the press of Harry's nights out and we hear more and more spicy tidbits about him. If I were them, I'd worry about the company I'm keeping.

Chelsy is trying too hard and it is not working out for her. I hope to goodness that he does not marry this girl for his/his future childrens sake.

Arobers1 said:
Chelsy is trying too hard and it is not working out for her. I hope to goodness that he does not marry this girl for his/his future childrens sake.

I also do not she is marital material for Harry. But, he sure does love her and she does try hard to be there for him. IMO, she just won't really work out and as hard both will try, the pressures would do in any marriage between the two of them after the pressures create rows between the two and she flies back home to her mum. So, I think they are just enjoying themselves.

I don't think anyone really has to worry about them getting married. They still seem in this lusty/honeymoon/exciting love phase and they are both young. I'm sure they think they will get married as many young people do with first loves, but I doubt he'll marry her. I can actually imagine him not getting married for a while.

I really find it hard to believe they are sending him to Iraq. It seems like it would cause more problems than good

kpusa1981 said:
Go to the last three paragraphs of the article. What do you think is that good or bad do you really believe that?

Mr Davy is not respected, IMO, because of his backing for Mugabe, who the UK government sees as a dictator, anyone with a television, will have seen the distressing scenes broadcast from Zimbabwe. I also know 2 white farmers who had to flee, with their family, after their farm was taken, their staff and animals beaten, some to death. That is why I believe that IF Harry wanted to marry Chelsy, it would cause problems, as Mr Davy is a supporter of Magabe. I feel sorry for them both.

As for Harry choosing to spend the new year with his girlfriend, don't most youngsters prefer to spend the new year partying with people their own age? :flowers:

originally posted by regardez

I don't think anyone really has to worry about them getting married. They still seem in this lusty/honeymoon/exciting love phase and they are both young. I'm sure they think they will get married as many young people do with first loves, but I doubt he'll marry her. I can actually imagine him not getting married for a while

I agree, I don't even worry about these two getting hitched. They are way too young. They are just having a great time, doing things kids their age do. I am impressed though that they have been together as long as they have, especially with the long distance. That says something about a good relationship.

I'm not saying it could never happen between them, but if it did, it would be years down the line. JMO

I doubt The Queen could approve a marriage for Harry and Chelsy with the consent of the Government. Her father is just too controversial and the Commonwealth would certainly have objections to his daughter marrying the third in-line to the throne and becoming a British princess.

If William married and had children, they might squeak by since Harry would no longer be close to the succession, but it's a long shot.

I just don't see it happening.

I actually think it might be possible for Prince Harry to marry Chelsy also. I agree with Branchg that it would have to be after Prince William's marriage to Catherine or whomever, but it is a possibility. One thing that would certainly help is if Mugabe fell out of power before the time for a wedding to take place. Wouldn't that help to eliminate some of the political objections and overtones shadowing their relationship?

TonyaR said:
I actually think it might be possible for Prince Harry to marry Chelsy also. I agree with Branchg that it would have to be after Prince William's marriage to Catherine or whomever, but it is a possibility. One thing that would certainly help is if Mugabe fell out of power before the time for a wedding to take place. Wouldn't that help to eliminate some of the political objections and overtones shadowing their relationship?
I don't know, I think it would leave a taste if they married while ever her father is living off of money he earned by backing Magabe. It could be that after William and ??? marry and have children, she could do a Princess Maxima. I do feel sorry for them both, it must be a terrible situation.

Of course, Harry at age 25 will be wealthy enough in his own right, thanks to his inheritance from his mother, not to mention anything he got from his great-grandmother and will get from his grandmother, that he could actually renounce his right to the throne to marry her, if he really wanted to. That I think would be worse for the family than marrying Chelsy up front - after all it isn't as if Chelsy is the one with the connections to Mugabe directly and why should she be punished and stopped from marrying the man she loves because of the actions of her father?

Harry will be stationed near the southern port city of Basra and will likely be assigned to patrol the border with Iran.
London's Daily Telegraph said Harry, 22, is determined to go, despite reports of resistance from many in the military who fear he would be a fat prize for terrorists.
They're also worried he would attract attention and put his fellow soldiers in greater danger.
The Telegraph said officials are trying to figure out how to minimise the danger without giving Harry special treatment. [ quote]
http://www.news.com.au/dailytelegrap...001021,00.html
Skydragon, what do you thnk of this?
What do the rest of you think?
http://www.news.com.au/dailytelegraph/story/0,22049,20982185-5001021,00.html

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom