Prince Harry Current Events 18: March 2007-May 2007

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Would this review possibly mean he won't be going? He sounded rather adamant about going and that he'd quit the army if he couldn't. Also, if they choose to keep him home, or at least not send him to Iraq, where would he go? He doesn't strike me as the type to be content with a desk job.

Keep Harry away from fighting

Keep Harry away from fighting

SENIOR officers may ban Prince Harry from combat in Iraq to avert a “disaster” overtaking other soldiers, it has emerged.

The Sun Online - News: Keep Harry away from fighting

Wise move

April 26, 2007

COMMENT ON THIS STORY

NOBODY should doubt Prince Harry’s personal courage or determination to lead his men into battle.

Like any other newly commissioned officer, he was ready to face the same risks as the soldiers under his command.

The Sun Online - Sun Says: Wise move

Last edited:
I'm not really surprised his situation is being reviewed. However I know that Harry has always said he wanted to be treated like a normal soldier. Its an awkward situation. Do you risk him being killed in action or do you keep him home too ensure his safety?

The problem isn't just him being killed in action, it's him being kidnapped and held to ransom for the British to get out of Iraq, and it's also the potential danger to the people around him because he's such a tempting target.

The question is whether he can be made to see that this is every bit as important a factor as his desire to be with his troops and to fight along with the rest of the army. He must know that, as far as the enemy is concerned, he isn't just any other soldier but a very valuable potential resource. On the other hand, keeping him behind when the troops deploy is going to make a lot of people wonder whether his army career is genuine and it may well foster resentment among people whose loved ones are being put in harm's way while he, however reluctantly, is exempted. This is beginning to look like a no-win situation.

Elspeth said:
The problem isn't just him being killed in action, it's him being kidnapped and held to ransom for the British to get out of Iraq, and it's also the potential danger to the people around him because he's such a tempting target.

The question is whether he can be made to see that this is every bit as important a factor as his desire to be with his troops and to fight along with the rest of the army. He must know that, as far as the enemy is concerned, he isn't just any other soldier but a very valuable potential resource. On the other hand, keeping him behind when the troops deploy is going to make a lot of people wonder whether his army career is genuine and it may well foster resentment among people whose loved ones are being put in harm's way while he, however reluctantly, is exempted. This is beginning to look like a no-win situation.

It might not be a no-win situation if the Media had enough senses to keep quiet about it and not spill out every single detail they could find.
I know they will make good headlines whether Prince Harry gets killed, is forbiden to go or manages a distinguished military career. But it's about humans' lives, not headlines. :bang:

Harry will not quit, say friends

Friends of Prince Harry have denied reports that he will quit the Army if he is not allowed to serve in Iraq

BBC NEWS | UK | Harry will not quit, say friends

Britain denies banning Iraq combat for Prince Harry

Britain's military denied newspaper reports on Thursday that it was banning Prince Harry from serving in combat in Iraq, but acknowledged his deployment was under review.

Britain denies banning Iraq combat for Prince Harry

Prince Harry is 'definitely' going to Iraq - but could take desk job

Prince Harry is 'definitely' going to Iraq but may be given a desk job, Clarence House sources revealed today

Prince Harry is 'definitely' going to Iraq - but could take desk job | News | This is London

A desk job in Iraq is no guarantee of safety.

I Hope he gets to do what he went to The Army for the first place. Henry (especially since his Mother Passed) Has seemed to me as someone whos Dying to fit in , And is very restless And the Army gives him a chance to fit in and use his energy he could always change Regiments to take to another Service The Marines Perhaps (That would Heal the wound Left by the Earl of Wessex) JMHO

Avalon said:
Prince Harry sits with his companion Chelsy Davy as they enjoy the soccer game during the Champions League semifinal first leg match between Liverpool and Chelsea at Stamford Bridge in London.

Pictures:
Prince Harry and Chelsy
Prince Harry and Chelsy 2

I think Chelsy has been tanning herself too much. Her face is getting a little leathery-looking in these photos.

Royal Fan said:
And is very restless And the Army gives him a chance to fit in and use his energy he could always change Regiments to take to another Service The Marines Perhaps (That would Heal the wound Left by the Earl of Wessex) JMHO
Unfortunately he couldn't just change like that, that would require him to undertake different training altogether as the Royal Marines are Navy.

Avalon said:
I'm sorry but what Clarence House source? As far as I know no official statement was made or is their source a maid or a butler? :rolleyes:
Clearly they spelt it wrong, they meant sauce as in chocolate! :ROFLMAO:

Last edited:
Why did he attend Sandhurst if he is unable to serve on the front lines?

Last edited:
cowarth said:
Why did he attend Sandhurst if he is unable to serve on the front lines?
I agree. He is an Officer in in the Army enough said.

If Prince Harry has indeed made this decision, he is more mature and wise then I thought.

Harry ready to accept Army retreat on Iraq posting

As Army chiefs review the decision to send Prince Harry to the front line, the royal soldier has said he'll give up his dream of serving in Iraq if ordered to do so by top brass. The Prince has made no secret of his desire to see active duty after a challenging year of training at Sandhurst, but now says concern for the men under his command means he will accept the Army's ruling, even if it goes against his wishes.
General Sir Richard Dannatt, the head of the Army, has around a week to come up with his final assessment as to whether the deployment of the Prince poses an added threat to British soldiers. The review was ordered after an increase in attacks on British troops this year.

Avalon said:
If Prince Harry has indeed made this decision, he is more mature and wise then I thought.
Sadly, for every article telling us he is willing to accept the decision, if he is not allowed to go or allowed to go but not fight, there are twice as many telling us if he can't go or can't fight, he will resign.

Skydragon said:
A less than accurate article, (surprise, surprise). Apart from any of the other misinformation, there have not been 'nearly 30' British soldiers killed this month in Iraq.

Oh and by the way, it's Queen and country! :ROFLMAO:

You're right. It is "Queen" and country! I didn't pick that up. I guess that makes me not a good "watchman", so that should keep me from patrolling along the Iranian border with Harry's regiment.:lol:

What would he do as a desk job?? Would he even be in Basra?

cowarth said:
What would he do as a desk job?? Would he even be in Basra?

Nothing has been confirmed. We don't know whether Prince Harry will go to Iraq or what will he do there (if he goes).

Iraq militia: we have special unit to target Prince Harry

Shia commander claims insurgents have plan to capture royal officer

[FONT=Geneva,Arial,sans-serif]Ghaith Abdul-Ahad in Basra, Richard Norton-Taylor
Saturday April 28, 2007
The Guardian

[/FONT]
Prince Harry will be a prime kidnap target for insurgents in Iraq, a commander in the Mahdi army, the Shia militia loyal to the radical cleric Moqtada al-Sadr, has told the Guardian.

Iraq militia: we have special unit to target Prince Harry | Iraq | Guardian Unlimited

Prince Harry leaving Mahiki nightclub in Mayfair. His brother, Prince William and girlfriend Chelsy Davy, as well as friends Guy Pelly and Mark Dyer were there as well.
London, England - 27.04.07

Pictures:
Prince Harry 1
Prince Harry 2
Prince Harry 3
Prince Harry and Chelsy I love the way Chelsy is looking at Harry :wub:

Gallery of Pictures from Wenn

Pictures of Prince Harry and Prince William are in their respective threads.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom