Prince Harry Current Events 18: March 2007-May 2007

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Skydragon said:
Even Harry is not that stupid, if he was killed in Iraq and Chelsy was expecting, the child would not be entitled to his name or any of his money.

Maybe not, but it would still be Prince Charles' grandchild. :)

Skydragon said:
Thanks for all those Avalon. I'm glad they have this chance for a holiday together. :flowers:

You're most welcome Skydragon. :flowers:
It appears that the recent reports of the break-up were a bit premature, Harry and Chelsy clearly enjoy each others complany as always.

Those pictures of Harry and Chelsy together are adorable. They both look great and very happy to be together again.

Avalon said:
Prince Harry and Chelsy Davy were watching the Cricket match in St. John's. April 8, 2007
They looked so great together. Hopefully they'll stand the test of time and war.:)

Last edited by a moderator:
Harry bowled over by Chelsy on romantic Caribbean break

While every other man in the crowd was gripped by England's World Cup cricket action, Prince Harry's attention never strayed far from his girlfriend Chelsy Davy. The young royal and the pretty South African smooched and laughed their way through England's crucial game against Australia in Antigua.
Twenty-two-year-old Harry wore a striped polo shirt, while his girl was showing off her shapely figure in a green and white top and denim mini. "Chelsy looked gorgeous, and Harry was all over her throughout the match," said an observer. "She obviously feels she's his special girl."

Pictures:
Harry & Chelsy
Harry & Chelsy 2

Those new pictures of Harry and Chelsy are so amazingly sweet, they bring tears to mine eyes. Well, I am lying. I'm not shedding tears, but they do tug at some pretty tender heart strings, ya know. They are just so sweet and open, and wonderfully oblivious to the cameras. They are so comfortable in their love and each other that no one watching matters a bit. They don't even notice, and that is so awesome. Everyone says Harry is immature and crazy (well, not everyone, but you know...) but I think he has the mark of real maturity hiding under the surface. Someone that can live so comfortably in his own skin is certainly ahead of so many, including myself.

Great pics! I have to say though, that bare feet, especially in public (not at a beach or pool) squick me out!

Binky said:
Great pics! I have to say though, that bare feet, especially in public (not at a beach or pool) squick me out!

I've seen several pictures of Harry with barefeet and it says to me that he loves the freedom and spirit that he is enjoying right now. I have lived in many different climes from the tropics to the temperate to the desert (where I'm presently at right now) and have gone barefooted out in public and it feels absolutely great. I never thought I'd ever do that as an adult, but I felt a feeling of being carefree. He and Chelsy seems so carefree in whatever they are doing.:)

Skydragon said:
Even Harry is not that stupid, if he was killed in Iraq and Chelsy was expecting, the child would not be entitled to his name or any of his money.

I can understand that fact that an illegitimate child wouldn't be entitled to Prince Harry's name but surely in Britian an illegitimate child can make a claim on the estate of their father, particularly if said father acknowledged paternity. In addition, surely if Harry left some of his money, or all of it for that matter to Chelsy and the baby in his will, the will would be honoured.

I am wondering why you say that an illegitimate child wouldn't be entitled to any of his money?

chrissy57 said:
I can understand that fact that an illegitimate child wouldn't be entitled to Prince Harry's name but surely in Britian an illegitimate child can make a claim on the estate of their father, particularly if said father acknowledged paternity.
Even legitimate children cannot 'just' make a claim on a parents written will, unless they can show that the parent was paying for their upkeep, eg. an able bodied 22 year old would have no claim if he was not shown in the will, the same applies to illegitimate children. Although anyone can challenge a will, it is expensive and the proof and reasoning would have to be good. Under 18, if the parent was paying towards the upkeep of the child, legitimate or illigitimate, money to continue the upkeep until the 18th birthday would have to be put aside, normally in a trust fund.

If Harry was killed in Iraq how could he acknowledge paternity of the unborn child? How would they word the will to ensure the unborn child would be entitled to anything from Harry's estate. It would have to be along the lines of "My girlfriend Chelsy Davy is I believe carrying my unborn child and if after DNA tests this is confirmed..... I wish the child to benefit from my estate in the sum of...... Then you have the problem of what if it is twins! :lol:

I am reasonably certain that Harry and whoever he marries, will wait until after the wedding before bringing any child into the world.

Last edited:
Prince Harry is a Royal Hottie

Royal hottie Prince Harry satisfies his need for speed as he enjoys a jet ski ride during his Barbados vacation on Monday.
The red-headed royal was seen getting hot and heavy with girlfriend Chelsy Davy in the cricket stands just this past Monday. Looks like he flew straight back to Barbados afterwards!
The fun-loving royal shills out about $27,000 on a luxury villa at the island’s Holetown resort. Talk about making the most of life before being shipped off to Iraq (he leaves in May). No sign of the girlfriend unit this time around… yet.

Pictures:
Prince Harry
Prince Harry 2
Prince Harry 3
Prince Harry 4

More pictures here.

Skydragon said:
Even legitimate children cannot 'just' make a claim on a parents written will, unless they can show that the parent was paying for their upkeep, eg. an able bodied 22 year old would have no claim if he was not shown in the will, the same applies to illegitimate children. Although anyone can challenge a will, it is expensive and the proof and reasoning would have to be good. Under 18, if the parent was paying towards the upkeep of the child, legitimate or illigitimate, money to continue the upkeep until the 18th birthday would have to be put aside, normally in a trust fund.

If Harry was killed in Iraq how could he acknowledge paternity of the unborn child? How would they word the will to ensure the unborn child would be entitled to anything from Harry's estate. It would have to be along the lines of "My girlfriend Chelsy Davy is I believe carrying my unborn child and if after DNA tests this is confirmed..... I wish the child to benefit from my estate in the sum of...... Then you have the problem of what if it is twins! :lol:

I am reasonably certain that Harry and whoever he marries, will wait until after the wedding before bringing any child into the world.

Thank you for that clarification as the situation is different here. Any child, legitimate or illegitimate, can make a claim on a will. The parent doesn't have to have been supporting the child at any time in their life and the will clearly has to indicate why a child, who was supported, is being removed from the will. We have even had rulings whereby parents have been made to continue supporting children up to 25 in some circumstances.

(I have a friend who has been looking into the claims of illegitimate children as she suspects that her father may have an illegitimate son and she and her siblings have been wondering if that child could make a claim against her father's will - the answer is yes - even though her father has never made any acknowledgement of paternity and has never made any financial or otherwise contribution to the upbringing of this child. The family is now trying to get the father to re-write his will to make it clear that he feels that this child has no claim - but even then the legal advice is that the courts could still rule that the said child is entitled to an equal share of the estate).

As for Harry's will - surely he could cover the eventuality of Chelsy having a child by putting in a clause such as 'I leave xxx pounds annually to cover the upbringing of any child/children Ms Chelsy Davy has by the end of December 2007 after DNA testing proves that I am the father'. That type of clause would cover a single or multiple birth. He could, of course leave his entire estate to Chelsy and then there would be no question of his money going to any child they may have.

We are operating in the dark of not knowing what is in Harry's will.

Do British service personnel have to make and register a will before deploying to combat zones? I have heard that requirement is made here (my brother had to make a will and put it in the ABC office before going to the Athens Olympics as the ABC, acting on advice from the Australian government were prepared for a terrorist attack and he has been told he will have to revisit that will before going to Beijing next year for the same reason) so it isn't just military personal who may be asked to do this sort of thing.

chrissy57 said:
even though her father has never made any acknowledgement of paternity and has never made any financial or otherwise contribution to the upbringing of this child....
....Do British service personnel have to make and register a will before deploying to combat zones?
In the circumstances you give, if the child is over 18 in England and 16 in Scotland, no claim would be entertained by the courts. British service personel do not have to make a will, although it is mentioned by some CO's that they may wish to ensure that their affairs are in order.

I still believe that both Harry and Chelsy have more sense.

Last edited:
christinacg said:
Great pics, once again. We're being spolied this week.

Indeed we are being spoiled...it'll be a long time between shipping out and coming back home after his stint in Iraq (minus the time he will be home for Diana engagement).

Last edited:
wimilly said:
some pics about Harry beach (from yule.sohu.com)
Man, I hope he wears some hard core sunscreen or he will burn to a crisp! Red headed + pale + sun= Wicked sunburn!

Last edited by a moderator:
Avalon said:
That's really a very sweet picture, thank you for posting ir christinacg. :wub:
In the second picture, it looks like no one is actually on the joke apart from the girl. :lol:
I had the same thought. Harry does not seem impressed,does he?

TARGET HARRY

ARMY chiefs have held crisis talks to prevent Prince Harry being posted to Iraq, amid growing fears for his safety.

Harry, 22, is due to fly to the war zone next month where he is expected to take charge of a troop of 12 men patrolling the Iranian ­border in Scimitar armoured reconnaissance vehicles.

But a senior Army source has told the Sunday Express that top-level talks have begun in a last-ditch bid to block the deployment.

Daily Express: The World's Greatest Newspaper :: News / Showbiz :: Target Harry

He should be able to go, he wants to go, it may do him good theres no ABSOULUTE proof itll be a total disaster. I Predict He could go Further than the Duke of Yorks 22 year career.

I don't want him to go. I don't want anyone to go. It's a horrible business for anyone. I think it's good to prevent another potential body bag if possible.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom