The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Reigning Houses > British Royals > Current Events Archive

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 04-04-2007, 01:27 AM
Courtier

Prince Harry In the Carribbean with Chelsy

Prince Harry in the Carribbean with Chelsy

The Sun Online - News: Harry's 6,000 mile goodbye

I thought Prince Harry was in the 'doghouse' and was under the commanders orders to not to 'party'? Boy, those papers get it wrong all the time!

Also, how much time off do the British army get? There seems so much time being taken off for both princes that it seems to be an awful lot.

Old 04-04-2007, 02:40 AM
Courtier

From the article:
Harry is on three weeks’ leave now that his pre-war training is complete.

This is standard. A chance to "tie everything up"/put their affairs in order should they not return.

Harry, being a young single man with few responsibilities, is spending some time with his girlfriend. Rather common for soldiers of his bearing.

But of course, because its PRINCE Harry, Third in line to the THRONE, EVERYTHING must be BLOWN OUT OF PROPORTION as he is the FIRST PERSON EVER!!! to do these things.

I need an eyeroll the size of a bowling ball right now.

Old 04-04-2007, 04:34 AM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Suonymona
From the article:
Harry is on three weeks’ leave now that his pre-war training is complete.

This is standard. A chance to "tie everything up"/put their affairs in order should they not return.

Harry, being a young single man with few responsibilities, is spending some time with his girlfriend. Rather common for soldiers of his bearing.

But of course, because its PRINCE Harry, Third in line to the THRONE, EVERYTHING must be BLOWN OUT OF PROPORTION as he is the FIRST PERSON EVER!!! to do these things.

We shouldn't forget that prince Harry spend a long time in Leseotho, seeing the misery there himself. When he returned he tried to change things there on founding Sentebale. He has just accepted the chair of another charity for Africa. In Iracq he will see what war really means - he will be faced with nameless and faceless enemies and he will see so many dead bodies that he will loose count of them. That's his future. IMHO he will again come back a changed person.

And all the media can talk about is his getting drunk occassionally and holidaying in the Caribbean. Apart from being a prince, he's a multimillionaire and need not do anything to serve his country.
'To dare is to lose one step for but a moment, not to dare is to lose oneself forever' - Crown Prince Frederick of Denmark in a letter to Miss Mary Donaldson as stated by them on their official engagement interview.
Old 04-04-2007, 06:51 AM
Imperial Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by HRH Kimetha
Also, how much time off do the British army get? There seems so much time being taken off for both princes that it seems to be an awful lot.
They are entitled to 30 working days (that excludes Saturday and Sunday) paid leave and all bank holidays, or days in lieu.
Old 04-04-2007, 11:11 AM
Nobility

Skydragon, how many days would you Harry has actually taken since he commissioned and what about William?
Old 04-04-2007, 11:33 AM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by kpusa1981
Skydragon, how many days would you Harry has actually taken since he commissioned and what about William?
there isnt always a seamless matchup between assignments in the military. i know many enlisted people and they often have free periods of weeks or even months in between their assignments.

they're not taking vacation time for this, its just that their new job doesnt start till a specific date. I suspect this is Harry's situation as well since, as you said, he seems to have a lot of free time.
Old 04-04-2007, 01:14 PM
Nobility

Quote:
Originally Posted by Suonymona
Absolutely! I agree with this. I also would like an eyeroll big enough to get the point across.
Old 04-04-2007, 01:38 PM

Here's where they're staying.The Villa at Sandy Lane Barbados
Old 04-04-2007, 01:46 PM
Heir Apparent

Oh dear, I wouldn't say no to staying there as well - a true paradise!
Harry and Chelsy surely do know how to spend some quality time together. The pool and the master bedroom are splendid.

5 bedrooms might be a bit to much just for two of them though, unless friends are staying with them.
Queen Elizabeth: "I cannot lead you into battle, I do not give you laws or administer justice but I can do something else, I can give you my heart and my devotion to these old islands and to all the peoples of our brotherhood of nations." God, Save The Queen!
Old 04-04-2007, 03:08 PM
Imperial Majesty

It is the same as any job. The down side is that they are expected to be on immediate call even outside 'normal hours' and they do not receive any overtime payment.

Once they leave training and join their regiment as a commissioned officer, normal hours are 8 to 5, Monday to Friday, unless they are on a training exercise or operations. So the weekends and evenings are normally theirs to do what they want with. All personel about to go to a conflict zone are given extra leave, to spend time with loved ones and get their affairs in order, (and eat their parents out of house and home)!

As for how much holiday Harry has taken of his entitlement, I'm afraid you will have to ask Harry!
Old 04-04-2007, 09:30 PM
Heir Presumptive

Harry becoming 'embarrassing'

WILD Prince Harry was becoming an embarrassment to Britain, veteran royal photographer Arthur Edwards said today.
"He should be behaving a lot better," Edwards said of the prince when asked about images of the third in line to the throne leaving nightclubs the worse for wear.
"I think Prince Harry is dangerously becoming an embarrassment to this country," he said on BBC News 24's current affairs program Hard Talk

Harry becoming 'embarrassing' | NEWS.com.au
Old 04-04-2007, 11:41 PM
Heir Presumptive

More of an embarassment than Peter Andre and Jordan? Please.
"The grass was greener / The light was brighter / The taste was sweeter / The nights of wonder / With friends surrounded / The dawn mist glowing / The water flowing / The endless river / Forever and ever........ "
Old 04-05-2007, 12:04 AM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sister Morphine
More of an embarassment than Peter Andre and Jordan? Please.
LOL! well technically, Peter Andre is actaully British born- Australian raised, but he belongs to the Brits now!
Old 04-05-2007, 03:43 AM
Commoner

i actually think he has a point there, he is starting to becoming an embarassment with the way his been acting. I don't care how old he is he is still royal he will never be able to have the life of a normal person he is the grandson of the Queen of the country he should set some example.

Do you see any of the younger royals all over the world like Prince Carl philip of sweden, princess madeline of sweden, Charlotte, Andrea and Pierre just a few of the examples doing what his doing??? nope you don't because they know what there duty is and they follow it they are royal whether they like it or not and there is a limit on how they can act and they respect that, they don't go on about trying to live a normal life they have excepted they can't unlike harry, you don't see any of them going out getting blind drunk falling over all the place infront of the camera's.

He should get his act together.
Old 04-05-2007, 04:41 AM
Imperial Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raia
Do you see any of the younger royals all over the world like Prince Carl philip of sweden, princess madeline of sweden, Charlotte, Andrea and Pierre just a few of the examples doing what his doing???
No, but I don't see all of them doing a lot of anything. How many of them will be serving their country in a war zone?
Old 04-05-2007, 05:48 AM
Administrator

Drape Harry in the Union Jack and - touché!
Old 04-05-2007, 06:03 AM
Courtier

Quote:
Do you see any of the younger royals all over the world like Prince Carl philip of sweden, princess madeline of sweden, Charlotte, Andrea and Pierre just a few of the examples doing what his doing??? nope you don't because they know what there duty is and they follow it they are royal whether they like it or not and there is a limit on how they can act and they respect that, they don't go on about trying to live a normal life they have excepted they can't unlike harry, you don't see any of them going out getting blind drunk falling over all the place infront of the camera's.

Check out the Pierre Casiraghi thread for pictures of him drunk in the early hours of the morning with a variety of blonds hanging off him in Milan.

Carl Philip and Madeleine don't have the kind of tabloid media hunting them that Harry has, the fact that you can't see any pictures of them partying and drunk has more to do with the fact that they did it without paparazzi stalking them, rather than they never did it at all. Also both of them are older than Harry and had their wild times in the past.

Andrea, Charlotte, Pierre Casiraghi live most of the time in France. The French privacy laws are quite strict and added to that their mother was the one to take legal action in the court of Human Rights to protect her and her children's privacy. Again they could easily have been drunk and falling over etc it's just no photos have been published as they don't live in the UK or have the UK paparazzi after them. ( French privacy laws stop other people selling private photos to the media. As seen with the court action Prince Albert took with Paris Match, he won as Albert's privacy was violated by the photos of him and Alexandre as well Nicole Coste's story) There have been photos of Pierre as he's studying in Italy and the paparazzi can get away with photographing him and getting the pictures published.

Harry isn't doing anything the other young European royals didn't do, they just managed to do it with a lot more privacy. They all had their 'wild' years.
Old 04-05-2007, 07:00 AM
Commoner

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skydragon
No, but I don't see all of them doing a lot of anything. How many of them will be serving their country in a war zone?
thats his choice he didn't have to go into the army but he did. The other's carry out alot more duties then he does for a start even more then william. I get the feeling from both of them they want to avoid most of there responibities for as long as they can so they can go out getting drunk all the time.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charlotte1
Check out the Pierre Casiraghi thread for pictures of him drunk in the early hours of the morning with a variety of blonds hanging off him in Milan.
More pictures of him like that then harry??? i doubt it

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charlotte1
Carl Philip and Madeleine don't have the kind of tabloid media hunting them that Harry has, the fact that you can't see any pictures of them partying and drunk has more to do with the fact that they did it without paparazzi stalking them, rather than they never did it at all. Also both of them are older than Harry and had their wild times in the past.
Carl philip and madeleine do get the same treatment as harry, most of the prince's and princess from the main royal houses get basically the same treatment except they do in it private not in the full view of hundreds of clubbers in some cheap club that anyone of the public can go to. They aren't that much older then harry, madeleine is 24 two years different and carl philip is 27 only 5 years difference, they just know how to handle themselves and when the press is lible to be around they wont go out and get blind drunk and fall over then try and attack one of the press in fall view of everyone which his down a few times.

Quote:
Originally Posted by charlotte1
Harry isn't doing anything the other young European royals didn't do, they just managed to do it with a lot more privacy. They all had their 'wild' years.
His wild years are wilder then the rest of them, they didn't all act like Harry because they know they have to set an example so did it in private unlike harry who does it in full view of everyone. Also are you trying to tell me all the other royals have smoked cannabis and dress up in a nazi costume????

I dont care what anyone says in my opinion Harry is becoming an embarassment big time he needs to grow up, just because his in the army doesnt mean he has, his actions have clearly showed that. It really annoys me when people try to make out all the other royals did the same to excuse his behaviour, just because one person does it doesnt mean all the others can.
Old 04-05-2007, 07:20 AM
Imperial Majesty

I think people need to think carefully what they want from Harry and to some extent William.

If Harry didn't have paid employment, would we see the same hysteria that Catherine, not having paid employment seems to bring. Would people be content that the only time they saw this 'out of touch with normal people' prince, at the occasional charity do. Would he be labelled as uncaring and unfeeling or remote. Would people be buying white feathers by the dozen, as they seemed to want to do with William. As for most of the other young royals that 'do it all in private', it makes you wonder what else they keep hidden!

Is anyone, except the republicans and anti British faction really going to listen to the words uttered by Williams best friend and confidant?
Old 04-05-2007, 07:27 AM
Imperial Majesty

Quote:
thats his choice he didn't have to go into the army but he did. The other's carry out alot more duties then he does for a start even more then william.
Really, I have seen very little evidence of that.
Quote:
Carl philip and madeleine do get the same treatment as harry, most of the prince's and princess from the main royal houses get basically the same treatment except they do in it private not in the full view of hundreds of clubbers in some cheap club that anyone of the public can go to.
No they don't, for the very reasons regarding privacy laws that you have already been given. As for the 'cheap club that anyone can go to', most people, if they knew someone to 'sponsor them', could not afford the fee's.
Quote:
Also are you trying to tell me all the other royals have smoked cannabis and dress up in a nazi costume????
Do you know that they havn't?
Quote:
just because one person does it doesnt mean all the others can.
So are you are now saying all the other royals have behaved in the same manner, that it's OK for them but not anyone else?

Tags
prince harry