Prince Harry Current Events 18: March 2007-May 2007

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Harry becoming 'embarrassing'

WILD Prince Harry was becoming an embarrassment to Britain, veteran royal photographer Arthur Edwards said today.
"He should be behaving a lot better," Edwards said of the prince when asked about images of the third in line to the throne leaving nightclubs the worse for wear.
"I think Prince Harry is dangerously becoming an embarrassment to this country," he said on BBC News 24's current affairs program Hard Talk

Harry becoming 'embarrassing' | NEWS.com.au

More of an embarassment than Peter Andre and Jordan? Please.

Sister Morphine said:
More of an embarassment than Peter Andre and Jordan? Please.

LOL! well technically, Peter Andre is actaully British born- Australian raised, but he belongs to the Brits now! :lol:

i actually think he has a point there, he is starting to becoming an embarassment with the way his been acting. I don't care how old he is he is still royal he will never be able to have the life of a normal person he is the grandson of the Queen of the country he should set some example.

Do you see any of the younger royals all over the world like Prince Carl philip of sweden, princess madeline of sweden, Charlotte, Andrea and Pierre just a few of the examples doing what his doing??? nope you don't because they know what there duty is and they follow it they are royal whether they like it or not and there is a limit on how they can act and they respect that, they don't go on about trying to live a normal life they have excepted they can't unlike harry, you don't see any of them going out getting blind drunk falling over all the place infront of the camera's.

He should get his act together.

Raia said:
Do you see any of the younger royals all over the world like Prince Carl philip of sweden, princess madeline of sweden, Charlotte, Andrea and Pierre just a few of the examples doing what his doing???
No, but I don't see all of them doing a lot of anything. How many of them will be serving their country in a war zone? :ermm:

Drape Harry in the Union Jack and - touché! :)

Raia said:
Do you see any of the younger royals all over the world like Prince Carl philip of sweden, princess madeline of sweden, Charlotte, Andrea and Pierre just a few of the examples doing what his doing??? nope you don't because they know what there duty is and they follow it they are royal whether they like it or not and there is a limit on how they can act and they respect that, they don't go on about trying to live a normal life they have excepted they can't unlike harry, you don't see any of them going out getting blind drunk falling over all the place infront of the camera's.

Check out the Pierre Casiraghi thread for pictures of him drunk in the early hours of the morning with a variety of blonds hanging off him in Milan.

Carl Philip and Madeleine don't have the kind of tabloid media hunting them that Harry has, the fact that you can't see any pictures of them partying and drunk has more to do with the fact that they did it without paparazzi stalking them, rather than they never did it at all. Also both of them are older than Harry and had their wild times in the past.

Andrea, Charlotte, Pierre Casiraghi live most of the time in France. The French privacy laws are quite strict and added to that their mother was the one to take legal action in the court of Human Rights to protect her and her children's privacy. Again they could easily have been drunk and falling over etc it's just no photos have been published as they don't live in the UK or have the UK paparazzi after them. ( French privacy laws stop other people selling private photos to the media. As seen with the court action Prince Albert took with Paris Match, he won as Albert's privacy was violated by the photos of him and Alexandre as well Nicole Coste's story) There have been photos of Pierre as he's studying in Italy and the paparazzi can get away with photographing him and getting the pictures published.

Harry isn't doing anything the other young European royals didn't do, they just managed to do it with a lot more privacy. They all had their 'wild' years.

Skydragon said:
No, but I don't see all of them doing a lot of anything. How many of them will be serving their country in a war zone? :ermm:

thats his choice he didn't have to go into the army but he did. The other's carry out alot more duties then he does for a start even more then william. I get the feeling from both of them they want to avoid most of there responibities for as long as they can so they can go out getting drunk all the time.

Charlotte1 said:
Check out the Pierre Casiraghi thread for pictures of him drunk in the early hours of the morning with a variety of blonds hanging off him in Milan.

More pictures of him like that then harry??? i doubt it

Charlotte1 said:
Carl Philip and Madeleine don't have the kind of tabloid media hunting them that Harry has, the fact that you can't see any pictures of them partying and drunk has more to do with the fact that they did it without paparazzi stalking them, rather than they never did it at all. Also both of them are older than Harry and had their wild times in the past.

Carl philip and madeleine do get the same treatment as harry, most of the prince's and princess from the main royal houses get basically the same treatment except they do in it private not in the full view of hundreds of clubbers in some cheap club that anyone of the public can go to. They aren't that much older then harry, madeleine is 24 two years different and carl philip is 27 only 5 years difference, they just know how to handle themselves and when the press is lible to be around they wont go out and get blind drunk and fall over then try and attack one of the press in fall view of everyone which his down a few times.

charlotte1 said:
Harry isn't doing anything the other young European royals didn't do, they just managed to do it with a lot more privacy. They all had their 'wild' years.

His wild years are wilder then the rest of them, they didn't all act like Harry because they know they have to set an example so did it in private unlike harry who does it in full view of everyone. Also are you trying to tell me all the other royals have smoked cannabis and dress up in a nazi costume????

I dont care what anyone says in my opinion Harry is becoming an embarassment big time he needs to grow up, just because his in the army doesnt mean he has, his actions have clearly showed that. It really annoys me when people try to make out all the other royals did the same to excuse his behaviour, just because one person does it doesnt mean all the others can.

Last edited:
I think people need to think carefully what they want from Harry and to some extent William.

If Harry didn't have paid employment, would we see the same hysteria that Catherine, not having paid employment seems to bring. Would people be content that the only time they saw this 'out of touch with normal people' prince, at the occasional charity do. Would he be labelled as uncaring and unfeeling or remote. Would people be buying white feathers by the dozen, as they seemed to want to do with William. As for most of the other young royals that 'do it all in private', it makes you wonder what else they keep hidden!

Is anyone, except the republicans and anti British faction really going to listen to the words uttered by Williams best friend and confidant? :rolleyes:

Last edited:
Raia said:
thats his choice he didn't have to go into the army but he did. The other's carry out alot more duties then he does for a start even more then william.
Really, I have seen very little evidence of that.
Carl philip and madeleine do get the same treatment as harry, most of the prince's and princess from the main royal houses get basically the same treatment except they do in it private not in the full view of hundreds of clubbers in some cheap club that anyone of the public can go to.
No they don't, for the very reasons regarding privacy laws that you have already been given. As for the 'cheap club that anyone can go to', most people, if they knew someone to 'sponsor them', could not afford the fee's. :rolleyes:
Also are you trying to tell me all the other royals have smoked cannabis and dress up in a nazi costume????
Do you know that they havn't?
just because one person does it doesnt mean all the others can.
So are you are now saying all the other royals have behaved in the same manner, that it's OK for them but not anyone else? :wacko:

Last edited:
Raia said:
I dont care what anyone says .

If you don't care what anybody says why participate on a discussion board where people exchange opinions about each others opinions?

ysbel said:
If you don't care what anybody says why participate on a discussion board where people exchange opinions about each others opinions?

seeing as you removed part of my post for that bit i said it was my opinion and i dont care what others say its not going to change that thats what i meant cos everyone here think most of the british royals can do no wrong when they are everyone is always defending them when its obvious they have done wrong.

Skydragon said:
Harry rescued after jetski tumble
Boy, Harry's & William's minders sure do get a lot of vacations too! To be a minder for the boys, if you are single and with no responsibities outside youself, it would be kind of fun to be their minders. The free world travel (that is not having to pay for it yourself--I wonder if meals are included?) etc. (except of course any war zone). Something to ponder, except for the downright boredom being a guard in the middle of the night. Sounds like a great job.:)

Last edited by a moderator:
Prince Harry overindulges in the rum punch on Caribbean jaunt

Prince Harry is not confining his boozy nights out to the West End, we can reveal.

The third in line to the throne is making the most of his freedom before his tour of duty with the Army by indulging in a little bit too much of the hard stuff while abroad.

Prince Harry overindulges in the rum punch on Caribbean jaunt | the Daily Mail

This time it is not the unnamed source, close friend etc, but the 'it has been reported' and a 'mole'! :ROFLMAO:

Prince Harry to catch World Cup action

The World Cup is set to get a royal touch with Britain's Prince Harry in the Caribbean to catch up some cricket action with his girlfriend Chelsy Davy before being deployed in war-torn Iraq.

Chennai Online News Service - View News

I wonder how long it will take him to learn that he will enjoy his holiday a lot more if he isn't so plastered every night he probably doesn't remember much of all the "fun" he had then, and so hungover during the day he falls off his motorised toys.

Roslyn said:
...and so hungover during the day he falls off his motorised toys.
The story says he was knocked off his jet-ski by a wave, and tries to link that fact with a half-way bet: "perhaps the hangovers are a bit too much to handle..." [my bolding]

Warren said:
The story says he was knocked off his jet-ski by a wave, and tries to link that fact with a half-way bet: "perhaps the hangovers are a bit too much to handle..." [my bolding]

Fair enough. I took the article as implying that Harry has been drinking too much, to the extent that his functions, e.g. his ability to control a jet-ski the following day, are being impaired as a consequence, but it offers no compelling supporting evidence.

However I stick to the point of my post, being that I believe that if he drinks as much as has been implied, he won't enjoy his holiday as much as he would if he drank moderately.

I thought the World Cup was soccer (European football) So cricket has a World Cup too? How many World Cups are there out there?

ysbel said:
I thought the World Cup was soccer (European football) So cricket has a World Cup too? How many World Cups are there out there?

Well, since there is an Ice Climbing World Cup, I suspect there are quite a few!

I had rather hoped there might be a Curling World Cup, but could only find Curling World Championships :ROFLMAO:

Raia said:
cos everyone here think most of the british royals can do no wrong when they are everyone is always defending them when its obvious they have done wrong.

I don't find this to be the least bit true. There is plenty of people here who have spoken out against various members of the British Royal Family AND their behavior. So I don't know what led you to this conclusion.

Raia said:
seeing as you removed part of my post for that bit i said it was my opinion and i dont care what others say its not going to change that thats what i meant cos everyone here think most of the british royals can do no wrong when they are everyone is always defending them when its obvious they have done wrong.

Even so, I think your statement that you don't care what anyone says very unusual in the context of a discussion board.

We post opinions, we share opinions, learn a little from each other and in learning from each other over time our opinions can change.

I know some of mine certainly have since I joined this forum and I find myself agreeing with people I never thought I'd agree with.

You seem also to think you have superior knowledge of the opinions and posting habits of people in this forum such as the fact that they defend the British royals no matter what. Given my two years here, I find that a peculiar assumption. You may read a lot of posts here if you are lurking and not posting but its hard to judge what's going on unless you are actively engaged in the discussions.

Spectre of Harry as hostage

As 15 members of the Armed Forces arrived back in Britain from their captivity by Iran's Revolutionary Guards, the officer already named by leaders of the Iraqi insurgency prize as the man they most want to capture is preparing to leave for Basra.

Spectre of Harry as hostage - 07 Apr 2007 - War news - NZ Herald

Harry's A Rum Lad

Harry's A Rum Lad

PLAYBOY Prince Harry has been downing £30-a-time rum cocktails on his boozy Caribbean getaway.

The hot-tempered royal, 22, has been sinking the cool drinks in Barbados to make up for his booze-free tour of Iraq, which starts at the end of the month.

Daily Star: Simply The Best 7 Days A Week

(link goes to story)

With all the drinking and partying of our boy Harry; and, with him being sent to Iraq for 6 months and hearing of 2nd Lt Dyer's death in Iraq (friend of William's), could it be Harry might also be thinking of extending his bloodline with Chelsy and making Prince Charles a grandfather?:ermm:

HRH Kimetha said:
With all the drinking and partying of our boy Harry; and, with him being sent to Iraq for 6 months and hearing of 2nd Lt Dyer's death in Iraq (friend of William's), could it be Harry might also be thinking of extending his bloodline with Chelsy and making Prince Charles a grandfather?:ermm:

i hope it would just be kept to thinking of it, if he actually did it i think that would certainly put the queen in her death bed, a child out of wedlock i somehow dont think it would go down to well with her.

Leonie said:
i hope it would just be kept to thinking of it, if he actually did it i think that would certainly put the queen in her death bed, a child out of wedlock i somehow dont think it would go down to well with her.

Hopefully his 'rebel' behaviour will not send the queen to her death bed and that Chelsy wouldn't be making suggestions that he may die and that she would be the perfect person to assure that his bloodline continues--that is "just in case" something happens. I've heard other soldiers going off to world also talked about this and girlfriends also bringing it up before the soldier left. Of course, others didn't had an attitude that they would return.:neutral:

HRH Kimetha said:
Even Harry is not that stupid, if he was killed in Iraq and Chelsy was expecting, the child would not be entitled to his name or any of his money.

Thanks for all those Avalon. I'm glad they have this chance for a holiday together. :flowers:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom