The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Reigning Houses > British Royals > Current Events Archive

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 03-21-2007, 10:36 AM
Nobility

Will Harry be back by the holidays?

Old 03-21-2007, 05:12 PM

The articles I have seen say his tour of duty is six months and that he has already applied for leave for some events this summer, like a private party for Prince William at a club, a polo match, and the Diana concert. I think the six months will be up by the time of Christmas, since it starts in May, according to the articles. They are comparing him a lot to previous royals in battle, but in my opinion, Prince Harry's situation is much more perilous than even his grandfather's in the second world war. The situation in Iraq is so totally different from any previous war, that comparisons to the decoy mission of Prince Andrew in the Falklands (while that was very dangerous) still just don't quite pan out. Prince Harry is very brave. I will be hoping everyday that he and his men are doing well and that they will return home with all their limbs in working order!

Old 03-21-2007, 06:23 PM
Imperial Majesty

The only leave Harry has applied for and been granted is the 2 weeks that specifically includes the concert for his mother. They are all entitled to 2 weeks R+R and his posting appears to be the normal 6 months.
Old 03-22-2007, 02:17 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skydragon
The only leave Harry has applied for and been granted is the 2 weeks that specifically includes the concert for his mother. They are all entitled to 2 weeks R+R and his posting appears to be the normal 6 months.
Ok. Now that I think about it, I think it was one of the tabloids or else one of the careless "news" reproductions, that added the embellishment of a "party for William at boujis (or whereever)" and of course, the tabs always want to portray Harry as playing too much polo, hehe. Not that it's particularly far-fetched, and in fairness, one might expect him to get up to some of his old tricks during the last fortnight of August. He is "Haz" after all.
Old 03-22-2007, 06:19 AM
Imperial Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by CasiraghiTrio
Ok. Now that I think about it, I think it was one of the tabloids or else one of the careless "news" reproductions, that added the embellishment of a "party for William at boujis (or whereever)" and of course, the tabs always want to portray Harry as playing too much polo, hehe. Not that it's particularly far-fetched, and in fairness, one might expect him to get up to some of his old tricks during the last fortnight of August. He is "Haz" after all.
After the rounds of the family greetings and the concert, he will probably turn to Bouji's. The problem they all seem to have on R+R is boredom, but I'm sure his friends will ensure that doesn't happen!
Old 03-22-2007, 08:19 AM
Imperial Majesty

Harry tucks into £6.99 breakfast at Little Chef

A waitress at a Little Chef restaurant told yesterday how Prince Harry stopped by for a £6.99 "Olympic Breakfast".
Old 03-22-2007, 10:06 AM
Courtier

The Sun Online - News: Little Chef, big ration for Harry
Old 03-22-2007, 10:17 AM
Nobility

Quote:
Soldiers are deployed for a year in the USA.
Old 03-22-2007, 10:21 AM
Nobility

Quote:

A waitress at a Little Chef restaurant told yesterday how Prince Harry stopped by for a £6.99 "Olympic Breakfast".
What tip did he leave?

What does diabetes have to do with fried food?
Old 03-22-2007, 10:42 AM
Imperial Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by cowarth
What tip did he leave?
It's not a restaurant, it's a roadside fast food outlet, so I wouldn't think he left any tip.
Old 03-22-2007, 10:49 AM
Heir Apparent

Quote:

I wonder what his Dad will have to say about that....
'To dare is to lose one step for but a moment, not to dare is to lose oneself forever' - Crown Prince Frederick of Denmark in a letter to Miss Mary Donaldson as stated by them on their official engagement interview.
Old 03-22-2007, 10:50 AM
Nobility

Quote:
It's not a restaurant, it's a roadside fast food outlet, so I wouldn't think he left any tip.
Thank you for clarifying?
Old 03-22-2007, 10:52 AM
Nobility

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jo of Palatine
Be embarrassed, that he ate fried food.
Old 03-22-2007, 10:56 AM
Imperial Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jo of Palatine
"You do realise it is not organic". At least they grill the bacon, mushrooms, tomatoes and sausages. They do fry the chips and fried bread, microwave the baked beans, but poach the eggs.
Old 03-22-2007, 11:05 AM
Nobility

Now I'm very hungry, and that sounds like a great English breakfast!!
Old 03-22-2007, 11:09 AM
Nobility

Quote:
"You do realise it is not organic". At least they grill the bacon, mushrooms, tomatoes and sausages. They do fry the chips and fried bread, microwave the baked beans, but poach the eggs.
Somebody put a DUH sticker on me please.
Old 03-22-2007, 01:00 PM
Imperial Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by cowarth
Somebody put a DUH sticker on me please.
Why? I only know because we had been stuck in a traffic jam with the children on our way back from Aberdeen airport. Restaurants/cafe's are scarce and so we stopped at the Little Chef, where everyone (except me) had the Olympic Breakfast, which they serve all day. My mob are gannets, they all also had marmalade or cinnamon toast, orange juice and coffee! I think one of them also had maple syrup pancakes!
Old 03-22-2007, 01:20 PM
Nobility

Skydragon, you have just made me determined to find the nearest restaurant in the U.S. that's comparable to Little Chef, and tuck into a fantastic brunch meal!!

It sounds to me like Harry had been working hard and worked up a real appetite. Sometimes you just need those extra calories.
Old 03-22-2007, 01:22 PM

Quote:
Why? I only know because we had been stuck in a traffic jam with the children on our way back from Aberdeen airport. Restaurants/cafe's are scarce and so we stopped at the Little Chef, where everyone (except me) had the Olympic Breakfast, which they serve all day. My mob are gannets, they all also had marmalade or cinnamon toast, orange juice and coffee! I think one of them also had maple syrup pancakes!
I can just hear Prince Charles giving Haz a rough time on this one. "Dad, come on, really, I can't do your fresh lettace and poached salmon after a day of eight count body builders, geez....besides, I know the bacon and all that is horrid, pigs injected with hormones, whatever, but DARN it's just so GOOOOD!" That's my problem, seriously. I love Prince Charles and in fact everyone who goes organic and eats everything right. I'm so lazy about these things, and such a sucker for a juicy cheeseburger! I hardly ever eat fast food, but when I do have the 'treat' it's awesome, though I hate myself for it in retrospect.
Old 03-22-2007, 01:38 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by TonyaR
Skydragon, you have just made me determined to find the nearest restaurant in the U.S. that's comparable to Little Chef, and tuck into a fantastic brunch meal!!

It sounds to me like Harry had been working hard and worked up a real appetite. Sometimes you just need those extra calories.
I've been to a Little Chef years ago and their Full English Breakfast (as it was called then) was quite good. Nothing out of the ordinary but for a restaurant along a motorway it was better than I thought it would be. And the restaurant was perfectly clean.

'To dare is to lose one step for but a moment, not to dare is to lose oneself forever' - Crown Prince Frederick of Denmark in a letter to Miss Mary Donaldson as stated by them on their official engagement interview.
Closed Thread

Tags
prince harry