Prince Harry Current Events 14: August-November 2006

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Warren

Administrator in Memoriam
City
Sydney
Country
Australia
Yes, part 11 already. Harry has been quite newsworthy lately.

Part 10 can be found here

I really feel sorry for him. Being royal he has to really watch what he does and what he says, but he is human and can still mess up. And the press seems to use that to their advantage. They are just waiting to take a not so flattering picture whenever they can.:sad:

That is right robby86, like the smoking pics, urinating in the horsebox, etc. The media rarely shows Harry's good side. It's actually pretty sad.

Ive noticed that too Im more sorry for Harry in this whole mess he always comes out as the Bad Guy.

It's like the press follows some type of formula:

the Heir is Good, the spare is Wild.
Look at how they've painted Prince Charles and Prince Andrew; neither is perfect, but the press has always had a field day with Prince Andrew and focused on any little wrong thing he did that they could exaggerate and elaborate upon.

Now they've carried it on to the next generation with William and Harry. Neither is perfect, but the press always focuses on Harry's 'Wild Escapades', they only grudging print the good things when they don't have a choice.:rolleyes:

We can even go back another generation - Elizabeth was the dutiful Princess whereas Margaret was the wild one.

Seems as if they can't come up with a new angle.

robby86 said:
I really feel sorry for him. Being royal he has to really watch what he does and what he says, but he is human and can still mess up. And the press seems to use that to their advantage. They are just waiting to take a not so flattering picture whenever they can.:sad:

I know :sad: If only his charity work got this much attention. He really is a good person I believe.

I feel sorry for prince Harry. Sometimes its really difficult having the media as your adversary.

Is there any charity work he's done of late that anyone knows about?

He set up Sentibel but there hasn't been any more news on how the charity is doing. I think when Harry hits the next BIG headline, Clarence House might put him up to do another documentary with it. Up to a point, I do sympathize with Harry's predicament. But, to be fair, he could have been putting in more effort regularly with his charity. If he had spent one weekend a month doing some kind of fundraising or visiting some charitable causes, it wouldn't have come off like a Machiavellian PR stunt after he got snapped punching a photographer. Sorry, riding ponies at polo games, even for charity, don't have the same impact as kissing babies & holding grannies' hands.

Front line Iraq 'too dangerous' for Prince Harry

Prince Harry faces the humiliation of being held back from frontline service in Iraq because his presence there could prove 'too dangerous' for
both himself and his men.

http://www.thisislondon.co.uk/news/article-23364670-details/Front+line+Iraq+'too+dangerous'+for+Prince+Harry/article.do

Can I point out this little bit from the bottom of the page. :lol:
An MoD spokesman said no decision had yet been made to deploy the Household Cavalry Armoured Regiment to Iraq next year.
"A decision on the units that will be deployed in the Spring of 2007 will not be made until much closer to the time," he said.

Skydragon said:
Can I point out this little bit from the bottom of the page. :lol:
An MoD spokesman said no decision had yet been made to deploy the Household Cavalry Armoured Regiment to Iraq next year.
"A decision on the units that will be deployed in the Spring of 2007 will not be made until much closer to the time," he said.

So basically, this is the echo of the previous articles, when it was first revealed Prince Harry is to join the regiment? Seems like they are really running out of fresh news! :lol:

I was surprised to find an article on The Royalist website entitled "Harry and Kate receive a mauling from the Press" that discussed the way the media automatically describes Prince Harry as the bad guy.

The article states that Prince Harry actually looked very good on his recent night out with Prince William and Kate at the Cuckoo Club--here are pictures of that night from the Daily Mail
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/pages/live/articles/news/news.html?in_article_id=402249&in_page_id=1770

(I first saw the above article link on another post on The Royal Forum message board, here it is:)http://www.theroyalforums.com/forums/495672-post119.html

Also here is the link to The Royalist article: http://www.theroyalist.net/content/view/1131/1/

The Royalist might not be actual journalism:p , but at least they got it right, and they were cognizant of the media bias that is often perpetuated against Prince Harry.

TonyaR said:
I was surprised to find an article on The Royalist website entitled "Harry and Kate receive a mauling from the Press" that discussed the way the media automatically describes Prince Harry as the bad guy.

http://www.theroyalist.net/content/view/1131/1/

The Royalist might not be actual journalism:p , but at least they got it right, and they were cognizant of the media bias that is often perpetuated against Prince Harry.

I couldn't agree more. & It is more than just the media who wants to make it look like Good Prince Bad Prince. Like someone said in another post. The same was pretty much played out with Elizabeth & margaret. The Heir can do no wrong & the Younger is made out to be almost the anti christ. ALl that in order to make the older look even better. It is really sad, & for those who buy into to even sadder.

That is a great Picture of Harry, mandyy. Thanks.

Thanks for the link, Mandyy. It looks like Prince Harry is continuing to move forward in his career, and I think that's great. I think Harry is hardworking and really trying to be successful at his chosen profession. I hope the tabloids situp and take notice of this instead of all the negative things they print!:)

This is the kind of stoy I Love Harry Succeeding in his career without scandal

Like another comment I read in this thread, I too feel sorry for Harry at times. He's a 22 year old man just like any other and he's going to boneheaded stuff.....that doesn't mean he should be humiliated in the press for it. If whoever printed those photos knew they were 3 years old but printed them anyway giving people they impression they were new.....(s)he should be fired.

Thanks for the link, Mandyy. It looks like Prince Harry is continuing to move forward in his career, and I think that's great. I think Harry is hardworking and really trying to be successful at his chosen profession. I hope the tabloids situp and take notice of this instead of all the negative things they print!

I agree. I hope that these trash rags finally have something more worthwhile to print about him.

as do I they should focus on the good not the bad But of course the Tabloids will always be the Tabloids

It is frustrating

To the tabloids its all about what sells magazines. Often they don't even care if the information is true or false and they certainly don't care how it may affect the lives of those they write about.

Harry playing polo at Barton Park on Sept. 3:

(Credit: Bruno Press)

It's awesome that the boys are so atheletic. I love pics of Harry playing polo or any other sport.

The new book, Final Impact, features Prince Harry into combat 40 years before he is born.
It's an instalment of rewriting of World War II, achieved with the conceit of smuggling people from the 21st century back into the 1940s to shake things up a bit and see how history could have been improved. Or made worse.

Hope Harry fights well, though what would Prince Charles think of his son, going back to times, when he wasn't born himself! :lol:
And at least we know now he will be sent to the frontline!

TonyaR said:
Thanks for the link, Mandyy. It looks like Prince Harry is continuing to move forward in his career, and I think that's great. I think Harry is hardworking and really trying to be successful at his chosen profession. I hope the tabloids situp and take notice of this instead of all the negative things they print!:)

I don't think the tabloids would situp and take notice because it wouldn't sell any copies. They like scandal.

And, perhaps Harry should look and do things more 'professional', such as attend military conventions, etc. It would appear better as though he has more of a genuine interest in being a better soldier than a better drinker. Just my take.:)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom