Prince Harry Current Events 14: August-November 2006

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Little_star said:
If Chelsy were to move to the Uk it could be the beginning of the end for this couple.
I think you are right and I think that Chelsy knows this full well. Once she moved to the UK the press would just tear her to shreds. Maybe she has a bit more sense in her than I thought.

Magpie8907 said:
I think you are right and I think that Chelsy knows this full well. Once she moved to the UK the press would just tear her to shreds. Maybe she has a bit more sense in her than I thought.
To be honest I don't think it's even a case of the press ripping her apart. Their relationship has always been based on distance, so if she were to move, being together all the time could have a negative effect.

Prince Harry current events 11: August 2006-

Little_star said:
To be honest I don't think it's even a case of the press ripping her apart. Their relationship has always been based on distance, so if she were to move, being together all the time could have a negative effect.
Cornet Wales is in te Army he won't always be with Chelsy all the time. This espically true if Cornet Wales get deployed some were not in England.
Skydragon is he really not allowed to wear this T-shirt? Then why is he? Could he have been doing the Troop Leader and the Para training at the same time or dose this mean that he will be doing the training early next year?

The party seemed just AWSOME :ROFLMAO:
drinks and fun!!! harry looks hot, so does chelsy.
now we know her birthday october 12 lol
I can't believe those tabloids, they have the picture of the TOILET that chelsy and harry were making out :lol:
isn't harry just a caring-cute-hot boyfriend? his dreamy :rolleyes:

kpusa1981 said:
Skydragon is he really not allowed to wear this T-shirt? Then why is he? Could he have been doing the Troop Leader and the Para training at the same time or dose this mean that he will be doing the training early next year?

No, unless he has successfully completed the arduous and exacting Parachute training course, it is quite rightly very bad form to wear the 1st Para T-shirt, (the colour of the t-shirt denotes which parachute battalion).

Normally training as a troop leader does not allow for extra training in other regiments. Sadly you can buy these T-shirts from a variety of government surplus stores.

Lillia said:
I know that others will vehemently disagree, but I still think that Harry should go into a former hot spot, like Kosovo, Bosnia or the Balkans. That is my own opinion.

Then I and every other parent, want my children pulled out of any hotspots, because they are as important to me as Harry is to his relatives! He is no more vital to the running of this country than anyone else.
No I hear you say, it is after all what they signed up for, have been put through training for, been paid for. The armed forces were never supposed to be like a safe little 'sewing circle'!

If Harry is stopped from serving, it would be an insult to every other parent whose children are in danger zones! As for Bosnia, Kosova or any other former hotspot, do you really think he would be any 'safer' there? :cool:

Last edited:
So Harry did manage to convince Chelsy! :lol:

How about this sentence from the article posted by Incas.
The prince was later seen in deep conversation with Chelsy's parents :rolleyes:

Last edited:
Avalon said:
So Harry did manage to convince Chelsy! :lol:

How about this sentence from the article posted by Incas.

Oh no, another Mirror exclusive! :lol: :ROFLMAO:

Skydragon said:
No, unless he has successfully completed the arduous and exacting Parachute training course, it is quite rightly very bad form to wear the 1st Para T-shirt, (the colour of the t-shirt denotes which parachute battalion).

Normally training as a troop leader does not allow for extra training in other regiments. Sadly you can buy these T-shirts from a variety of government surplus stores.
thank you. I those shirts beinsold on ebay.co.uk and if i wanted to icould even buy them. Skydragon,how is it so bad?

kpusa1981 said:
thank you. I those shirts beinsold on ebay.co.uk and if i wanted to icould even buy them. Skydragon,how is it so bad?

Yes you could buy them from ebay (I should think) or any government surplus store on the net, but the men who are entitled to wear them have trained really hard to earn the privilage of wearing them, so why would you want to?

To me, it is the same as someone who passes him/herself off as being a medical doctor, without even having been to university.

While I agree with Skydragon's point about the soldiers worked hard to wear their uniform, I think it's also a nod of respect for untrained civilians to wear t-shirts of the unit. Afterall, a t-shirt is not like a full dress uniform. When I was in New York not too long after 9/11, I saw a lot of people wearing t-shirts and jackets with FDNY (Fire Department NY) or NYPD (New York Police Department). Took me awhile to catch on, at first thinking why there were so many firefighters and police in the city. Until someone pointed out that they were just ordinary people who wore the logos to honor the two groups.

That second article is interesting, the stuff about a post-graduate degree. No one else in the Royal Family has one. I think Chelsy is a lot smarter then people give her credit for.

Incas said:
While I agree with Skydragon's point about the soldiers worked hard to wear their uniform, I think it's also a nod of respect for untrained civilians to wear t-shirts of the unit. Afterall, a t-shirt is not like a full dress uniform. When I was in New York not too long after 9/11, I saw a lot of people wearing t-shirts and jackets with FDNY (Fire Department NY) or NYPD (New York Police Department). Took me awhile to catch on, at first thinking why there were so many firefighters and police in the city. Until someone pointed out that they were just ordinary people who wore the logos to honor the two groups.
Harry weas a ( para unit whish he plans on doing p-Coy with soon) T-shirt with jeans, however I did not say that he should have been wearing or that it was all right to wear.

Last edited:
Oppie said:
That second article is interesting, the stuff about a post-graduate degree. No one else in the Royal Family has one. I think Chelsy is a lot smarter then people give her credit for.

Ooooh! :ermm: I dunno about that. Did you read the first article? :wacko:

I think there's a huge difference between a civilian wearing a Fire Department or Police T-shirt as a mark of honour for those groups, and a shiny new army officer wearing the T-shirt of a highly trained elite unit. Once you're part of the system you are subject to different standards of behaviour than the ordinary public, and you don't wear something that you have not earned the right to wear. It would be like a brand new baby barrister wearing a silk gown. It's just wrong! IMO, anyway.

Last edited:
Oppie said:
That's what I thought too. Then I read the second article. She doesn't come off as the brightest girl in the world in that article.
Also, it's kind of interesting how we managed to hear about pretty much every single detail of Chelsy's birthday.

Last edited:

Roslyn said:
I think there's a huge difference between a civilian wearing a Fire Department or Police T-shirt as a mark of honour for those groups, and a shiny new army officer wearing the T-shirt of a highly trained elite unit. Once you're part of the system you are subject to different standards of behaviour than the ordinary public, and you don't wear something that you have not earned the right to wear. It would be like a brand new baby barrister wearing a silk gown. It's just wrong! IMO, anyway.
If he/you can buy this surplus T-shirt you should be able to wear it and he was not even wearing a unifrom. P-Coy and Para I believe are in his future I bet you. It was weekend and it was off time and as long as he was dishonouring the Army whats worng? If He can get in trouble for wearing it then by all means the Army Officers above him should give him a dressing down for wearing it and the media should get wind of it as well to make Cornet Wales look bad. He is an officer as such he should obey the rules about these things.
This is US Army T-shirts that cam be brought by those in the Army or by civilians.
http://military.usptgear.com/Page.asp?QID={2559AD5C-3426-4427-AACA-37511910D746}&nWebPage=Category&Prod=T-Shirts&Branch=Army

Last edited:
Roslyn said:

I agree, it is not the behavior one would expect from a very junior officer and although civilians can buy and wear these t-shirts, it is certainly frowned upon by the military.

If he is expecting to do his parachute training (which is not as intense as training to be a para), then lets hope they are a forgiving group of instructors! :lol:

Skydragon said:
I agree, it is not the behavior one would expect from a very junior officer and although civilians can buy and wear these t-shirts, it is certainly frowned upon by the military.

If he is expecting to do his parachute training (which is not as intense as training to be a para), then lets hope they are a forgiving group of instructors! :lol:
IT is a T-shirt not a unifrom.
If he/you can buy this surplus T-shirt you should be able to wear it and he was not even wearing a unifrom. P-Coy and Para I believe are in his future I bet you. It was weekend and it was off time and as long as he was dishonouring the Army whats worng? If He can get in trouble for wearing it then by all means the Army Officers above him should give him a dressing down for wearing it and the media should get wind of it as well to make Cornet Wales look bad. He is an officer as such he should obey the rules about these things.
This is US Army T-shirts that cam be brought by those in the Army or by civilians.
http://military.usptgear.com/Page.asp?QID={2559AD5C-3426-4427-AACA-37511910D746}&nWebPage=Category&Prod=T-Shirts&Branch=Army

HARRY JETS IN TO CAPE TOWN FOR CHELSY'S BIRTHDAY PARTY

Their two-year relationship has had to be conducted long-distance, but nothing was going to stop Prince Harry from being by Chelsy Davy's side as she celebrated her 21st birthday. The devoted royal flew 6,000 miles to Cape Town on Friday to join his Zimbabwean girlfriend and her family and friends at the lavish party.

kpusa1981 said:
IT is a T-shirt not a unifrom.
If he/you can buy this surplus T-shirt you should be able to wear it and he was not even wearing a unifrom.

He was able to buy and wear a t-shirt that would not cause controversy within the army. He chose one that implies that he is a member of the 1st parachute regiment and I hope he does get a dressing down.

Just because anyone can buy these t-shirts, does not mean that they should, IMO!

Skydragon said:

I'm afraid I as well think that it's not right to wear something which implies you have earned honours which you haven't. Especially when it comes to militarian honours. Ok, if prince Harry was in some way "royally attached" to this regiment, I don't think they would mind him wearing this t-shirt, but as it is he is (apart from his birth) just another very junior officer without the necessary merits.

My mother's from an old Prussian officer's family, my uncle was one of the German "nightfighters" who got the Iron Knight's Cross with oak leaves for his service - okay, he fought the allies, but still... - so when I think of the way my mother's family has thought about what being an officer means, for them the wearing of the t-shirt would be bad style, unbelievable bad style when it comes to a Royal prince who wants to have an army career. Like wearing the emblems of the order of the garter without having been made a member by HM - only because "Gran" or later "Dad" could make him one.

Just my opinion based on my family's view of these things, of course. Maybe they have a different point of view in the BRF...

Skydragon said:
He was able to buy and wear a t-shirt that would not cause controversy within the army. He chose one that implies that he is a member of the 1st parachute regiment and I hope he does get a dressing down.

Just because anyone can buy these t-shirts, does not mean that they should, IMO!
How dose it equate to protraying himself as a Para? I stand what I said.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom