The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Reigning Houses > British Royals > Current Events Archive

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 12-21-2006, 10:32 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skydragon
He will be guarding the barracks, he won't be at the castle. He will still get a christmas dinner though!

I just hope he has a private supply of tablets to treat indigestion!
I was wondering if the British Army followed the tradition of the Officers serving the other ranks Christmas Lunch?

Old 12-22-2006, 05:39 AM
Imperial Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by MARG
I was wondering if the British Army followed the tradition of the Officers serving the other ranks Christmas Lunch?
Oh yes!

Old 12-22-2006, 05:45 AM
Imperial Majesty

4 IN THE BACK AND NO SEATBELTS .. ER, ISN'T THAT ILLEGAL HARRY?

HARRY flaunts the law as he heads home after his boozy night out - sitting in the back of a car with three other passengers and wearing no seatbelt.

http://www.mirror.co.uk/news/topstor...name_page.html
Old 12-22-2006, 11:41 AM
Serene Highness

^They really look hard for ways to criticize the Princes, don't they?
Old 12-22-2006, 04:11 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Oh yes!
OK, too Colonial, so Hell will freeze over first.
Old 12-23-2006, 10:49 PM
Heir Apparent

Harry plots a king-size New Year with Chelsy
http://www.thisislondon.co.uk/news/a...lsy/article.do

Harry plots a king-size New Year with Chelsy
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/pages/liv...n_page_id=1773
Old 12-25-2006, 12:44 AM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by TonyaR
This is one of the big adjustments Prince Harry has to make now that he has actually embarked upon his career. I'm sure that Harry is dealing with it with a smile. He doesn't strike me as the type of man that complains, I think he just gets on with his job. Good for Prince Harry!

I completely agree with this. I know it will be hard on him to be away from friends and family on Christmas, but if you take up a career in the Army, you are expected to sacrifice sometimes. As you said, I'm sure he'll handle this without complaint....he's not a little boy anymore, he's a 22 year old man.
"The grass was greener / The light was brighter / The taste was sweeter / The nights of wonder / With friends surrounded / The dawn mist glowing / The water flowing / The endless river / Forever and ever........ "
Old 12-25-2006, 12:45 AM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
4 IN THE BACK AND NO SEATBELTS .. ER, ISN'T THAT ILLEGAL HARRY?

HARRY flaunts the law as he heads home after his boozy night out - sitting in the back of a car with three other passengers and wearing no seatbelt.

http://www.mirror.co.uk/news/topstor...name_page.html

As stupid as being in a car PERIOD with no seatbelt on is, at least he wasn't driving while drunk. He should have put it on, but like someone just said, I think this amounts to nothing more than just nitpicking for nitpicking's sake.
"The grass was greener / The light was brighter / The taste was sweeter / The nights of wonder / With friends surrounded / The dawn mist glowing / The water flowing / The endless river / Forever and ever........ "
Old 12-27-2006, 12:16 PM
Heir Apparent

(Note that all reports are based on an article from the Sun)

Prince Harry is going to war in Iraq
Prince Harry will go to Iraq, says Chelsy

Prince Harry, the third in line for the British throne, is going to the war in Iraq, and his girlfriend Chelsy Davy will take a world tour to take her mind off him in his absence.
According to a report in the Sun, a largely-circulated tabloid, the 21-year-old beauty is making plans to travel the world while her boyfriend Harry, 22, completes a tour of duty in the strife-torn land.
Queen Elizabeth: "I cannot lead you into battle, I do not give you laws or administer justice but I can do something else, I can give you my heart and my devotion to these old islands and to all the peoples of our brotherhood of nations." God, Save The Queen!
Old 12-27-2006, 04:18 PM
Imperial Majesty

Well, thanks a lot Chelsy, for telling everyone and adding to the risk for Harry and his comrades. If this girl had half a brain she would be dangerous!
Old 12-27-2006, 07:03 PM
Courtier

Chesly has spoken, that's like reading something the Mirror or People said. As Skydragon said, just in a little different terms, if she had a brain, she would take it out and play with it!
Old 12-27-2006, 08:02 PM
Courtier

Obviously, Chelsy does have half a brain having graduated from university with a degree in economics and politics. And we really don't know if she said this or not. If this was the other "perfect princess material" royal girlfriend who was accused of saying something like this by a tabloid there would be hell to pay for anyone who suggested that she had half a brain.:bash:
Old 12-27-2006, 08:32 PM
Commoner

Quote:
Originally Posted by Laviollette
Obviously, Chelsy does have half a brain having graduated from university with a degree in economics and politics. And we really don't know if she said this or not. If this was the other "perfect princess material" royal girlfriend who was accused of saying something like this by a tabloid there would be hell to pay for anyone who suggested that she had half a brain.:bash:
ITA. This seems to be a recurring good "princess-in-waiting" vs. bad "social climbing princess-in-waiting" theme.
Old 12-27-2006, 08:53 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Obviously, Chelsy does have half a brain having graduated from university with a degree in economics and politics.
Actually, I believe that everyone is making the fundamental error of believing that a superior education denotes a superior mind. It is just that, a superior education, not to be mistaken for that most uncommon commodity ..... common sense!
One of my best friend's has Masters Degree, however, she would be the first to admit she doesn't have enough common sense to get out of the rain! She is, in fact, a self proclaimed flake. Loveable, but a flake nonetheless!
Old 12-27-2006, 09:35 PM
Courtier

I didn't say she had a superior mind because she has a degree. I just said she does at least have half a brain.
Old 12-28-2006, 06:43 AM
Imperial Majesty

I'm with MARG on this, most people know that a degree does not denote intelligence or common sense!

As for those who believe it is simply, good princess in waiting v social climber, IF Catherine had been stupid enough to gush that William is off to war, then I for one would believe that she also only had half a brain!

However, once again it is Chelsy making herself look an idiot!
Old 12-28-2006, 06:43 AM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
I didn't say she had a superior mind because she has a degree. I just said she does at least have half a brain.
But is it functioning?
Old 12-28-2006, 02:04 PM
Commoner

Quote:
I'm with MARG on this, most people know that a degree does not denote intelligence or common sense!

As for those who believe it is simply, good princess in waiting v social climber, IF Catherine had been stupid enough to gush that William is off to war, then I for one would believe that she also only had half a brain!

However, once again it is Chelsy making herself look an idiot!
Just for clarification, that is not what I believe. I do think, however, that to some extent this is the scenario the press is trying to present.
Old 12-28-2006, 02:27 PM
Courtier

IMO, it would have sounded the same coming from Kate. I mean really, what girlfriend/fiance gushes about their loved one going to war? Yes, I'm sure they are proud to be serving their country, but I would rather have my boyfriend safe and sound. The next time Chelsy decides to say something, maybe she should first reflect on WHAT she is going to say.
Old 12-28-2006, 07:04 PM
Heir Apparent
TRF Author

Neither article claimed Chelsy talked to them directly. It appears she told a friend who promptly blabbed to the press.

It could have been something as simple as Chelsy saying, "If Harry went to Iraq, I don't know what I'd do."

Yeah, Chelsy may have half a brain but I'm more concerned by the people she and Harry hang around.

Have you ever noticed that embarassing stuff about Harry gets out a lot more often than about William. Yes, I believe Harry and Chelsy are a bit wilder than Wills and Kate but not THAT much wilder.

Harry's classmates sell surreptious pics to the press of Harry's nights out and we hear more and more spicy tidbits about him. If I were them, I'd worry about the company I'm keeping.

"One thing we can do is make the choice to view the world in a healthy way. We can choose to see the world as safe with only moments of danger rather than seeing the world as dangerous with only moments of safety."
-- Deepak Chopra
Closed Thread

Tags
prince harry