Prince Harry Current Events 15: November 2006-January 2007

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
kaydura0717 said:
Do you honestly think that is true? There's is no way that Harry could have drank for 14 hours straight. It is most likely made up.

Unfortunately, it is probably true, many of the army regiments have their own seasonal party and many of them have their own little rituals. All of them include drinking and it takes a real man to say, 'thanks but no thanks'. :rolleyes:

Skydragon said:
.... many of the army regiments have their own seasonal party and many of them have their own little rituals. All of them include drinking and it takes a real man to say, 'thanks but no thanks'. :rolleyes:
I think Harry must have played the 'Army Game' and paced himself (and either said "thanks but no thanks" or faked it).:w00t2: :clap:
There were no stories of conduct unbecomming an officer (as if he would in front of his men!) and no tall tales of drunken curousing from the nightclub either! :angel: :clap:
It seems soldiering wasn't all he learnt at Sandhurst and the Blues and Royals. :whistling: :clap: :ninja:

Last edited by a moderator:
MARG said:
I think Harry must have played the 'Army Game' and paced

Or he could be so used to alcohol, that it would require more than the bar holds, to have any effect! :ROFLMAO:

Sarcastic, Skydragon. lol
But probably true, since Harry has been known to drink more than enough.

ZandraRae said:
Sarcastic, Skydragon. lol
But probably true, since Harry has been known to drink more than enough.

I know, it's hard to control sometimes! :lol: Sorry! :ROFLMAO:

^I don't think he had any intention of going. William didn't go to his.

christinacg said:

william was in harry's graduation

christinacg said:

Prince William most certainly was present at Prince Harry's graduation, and he also attended Prince Harry's passing out ball.
There are many pictures of Prince William at Prince Harry's Passing Out ceremony/parade. I'm not sure why Prince Harry wasn't present at Prince William's graduation though. Perhaps they refused to give him the time off? (Although you would think that they would, under the circumstances.)

TonyaR said:
Prince William most certainly was present at Prince Harry's graduation, and he also attended Prince Harry's passing out ball.
There are many pictures of Prince William at Prince Harry's Passing Out ceremony/parade. I'm not sure why Prince Harry wasn't present at Prince William's graduation though. Perhaps they refused to give him the time off? (Although you would think that they would, under the circumstances.)

You are of course right, William was at Harry's passing out parade, as a cadet, he was also one of the two guests at the passing out ball.

Harry was probably not entitled to any leave and it was probably felt that they could not make exceptions to the rules, again. :flowers:

I don't know where my previous post went, but I stand corrected and I apologize. I don't know why I didn't remember William being there. I must have been too focused on Harry!

christinacg said:
I don't know where my previous post went, but I stand corrected and I apologize. I don't know why I didn't remember William being there. I must have been too focused on Harry!
Well let's face it. Harry actually has a real day job which severely limits his extracurricular activities!:lol:
Actually, I like his new look. Work hard. Play hard. :cool:

Prince's romantic gesture

Prince Harry will see in the New Year with his girlfriend Chelsy Davy, for the third year in a row.
The couple will stay spend ten days with her parents on the Indian Ocean island of Bazaruto, off the coast of Mozambique.

Oh dear, I thought Prince Harry can get a day off at least for Christmas! :ohmy: :ohmy:
He must take his army career very seriously. And that's great, imo! :)

Avalon said:
Oh dear, I thought Prince Harry can get a day off at least for Christmas! :ohmy: :ohmy:
He must take his army career very seriously. And that's great, imo! :)

He doesn't get a choice but, at least he will be in barracks and not a conflict zone. The army and RAF try to give married men and women, with children the time off and so it tends to be the singleys who are on duty. Station and Commanding officers have to be 'available', which means no alcohol and no Brandy butter! :sad:

This is one of the big adjustments Prince Harry has to make now that he has actually embarked upon his career. I'm sure that Harry is dealing with it with a smile. He doesn't strike me as the type of man that complains, I think he just gets on with his job. Good for Prince Harry!

So what exactly are his Duties over Christmas,anyone know Thanks in Advance :)

Royal Fan said:
So what exactly are his Duties over Christmas,anyone know Thanks in Advance :)

As a junior officer, he will either be sat in a very comfortable office drinking tea, coffee or any other non alcoholic drink, lazing about in his room or the officers mess. His primary job will be to be available to the lower ranks and notify senior ranks, if there are any problems. He might even decide to catch up on some reading or paperwork.

He is not on duty in the Guard House for instance, where he would have to check the ID of anyone entering the base, he will also not have to walk the perimeter, to check that nobody has 'cut' their way in.

MARG said:
Why am I not surprised that Harry drew the short straw? :rolleyes:
If there are no volunteers, names are put in a hat, they don't seem to use straws nowadays! :lol:

Skydragon said:
As a junior officer, he will either be sat in a very comfortable office drinking tea, coffee or any other non alcoholic drink, lazing about in his room or the officers mess. His primary job will be to be available to the lower ranks and notify senior ranks, if there are any problems. He might even decide to catch up on some reading or paperwork.

He is not on duty in the Guard House for instance, where he would have to check the ID of anyone entering the base, he will also not have to walk the perimeter, to check that nobody has 'cut' their way in.

The article said he will be on guard in Windsor. He surely has his own room there in the castle plus the one in the barracks. Could he stay in his room at the castle if he is available within a certain time?

Jo of Palatine said:
The article said he will be on guard in Windsor. He surely has his own room there in the castle plus the one in the barracks. Could he stay in his room at the castle if he is available within a certain time?

No, it doesn't work like that. When they draw guard duty they have to stay on base for the duration of their 'shift'. If not Harry, some other poor soul!

Skydragon said:
No, it doesn't work like that. When they draw guard duty they have to stay on base for the duration of their 'shift'. If not Harry, some other poor soul!

But isn't it funny that the "guards" are there to protect the Royal family and the only one of this family who is actually there is the one on guard. Okay, he could protect the castle and the rest of them is protecting the castle and him...

great photos! chelsy is in africa?

Prince Harry Parties At London Club

With Christmas around the corner, Prince Harry is making sure to live up the holiday season.
Prince Harry was back to his wild ways on Wednesday night. The royal was said to have been drinking excessively as he joined his friends for a Christmas party.

Jo of Palatine said:
But isn't it funny that the "guards" are there to protect the Royal family and the only one of this family who is actually there is the one on guard. Okay, he could protect the castle and the rest of them is protecting the castle and him...

He will be guarding the barracks, he won't be at the castle. He will still get a christmas dinner though! :lol:

I just hope he has a private supply of tablets to treat indigestion!:ROFLMAO:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom