The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Reigning Houses > British Royals > Current Events Archive

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 04-12-2006, 10:33 PM
Nobility

Yep well not formally but they do the graduation in the day because nobody is going to attend one at midnight.

Old 04-12-2006, 11:15 PM
Heir Presumptive

Ooo I See so after the Parade he was still a cadet??

Old 04-12-2006, 11:41 PM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by kaydura0717
ohh what a nice tradition. Is there going to be any photos?
in british monarchy official page said something about one pfficial photo, but I don't see that photo yet
Today the world has embraced new royal Princesses in the form of Mary of Denmark and Maxima of the Netherlands. But it's questionable whether even these hugely popular, increasingly glamorous future Queens will ever capture the world's imagination in the same way as Diana.
As Mario acknowledges: "She really was a true Princess".
-www.theroyalist.net-
Old 04-13-2006, 12:29 AM
Serene Highness

I think his mom would be so very proud of him. He has really proven all the naysayers wrong. Always following in Williams steps has to be hard and losing his mom so young. I am very proud of him!!!!
Old 04-13-2006, 12:35 AM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rebafan81
I think his mom would be so very proud of him. He has really proven all the naysayers wrong. Always following in Williams steps has to be hard and losing his mom so young. I am very proud of him!!!!
I TOTALLY agree with you!
Today the world has embraced new royal Princesses in the form of Mary of Denmark and Maxima of the Netherlands. But it's questionable whether even these hugely popular, increasingly glamorous future Queens will ever capture the world's imagination in the same way as Diana.
As Mario acknowledges: "She really was a true Princess".
-www.theroyalist.net-
Old 04-13-2006, 12:48 AM
Serene Highness

I haven't see a pic of Harry in a while, but he has become quite handsome!
Old 04-13-2006, 01:19 AM
Heir Presumptive

He is indeed shaping up to be a fine bloke :) I Think he will do great I Think the Parties and Clubs and all that is for the most part done (Im sure there will be the Ocassional story but nothing bad) How long till we see him in his 2nd Lt Blues and Royals Uniform :)
Thanks in Advance
Old 04-13-2006, 03:13 AM
Nobility

Isn't the Captain part wrong wouldn't William be a Lt. on leaving Sandhurst as an Officer, Skydragon?

With gran taking salute, Britain's Prince Harry embarks on army career

Quote:
Harry's older brother Prince William, is also at Sandhurst this year. He is expected to join the Welsh Guards when he leaves, overtaking Harry to the rank of captain thanks to having first got a university degree.

from Yahoo! News http://news.yahoo.com/s/afp/20060413...y_060412152423
Old 04-13-2006, 06:23 AM
Imperial Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Royal Fan
Ooo I See so after the Parade he was still a cadet??
Yes, until midnight!
Old 04-13-2006, 06:31 AM
Imperial Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by kpusa1981
Isn't the Captain part wrong wouldn't William be a Lt. on leaving Sandhurst as an Officer, Skydragon?
Yes, hopefully he will be a Lieutenant when he leaves but, even with a degree, it is not unheard of for someone with a degree, to come out as a 2nd Lieutenant.
If William comes out as a Captain, I would be amazed but, he is 2nd in line to the throne.

The general forces gossip seems to think, that William will be whizzed through the ranks but, Harry will have to earn his promotions in the normal way, hard work or time served. :)
Old 04-13-2006, 06:44 AM
Imperial Majesty

A family affair at Sandhurst

Prince Harry has been commissioned as an officer in the Army watched by his proud grandmother, the Queen, and other members of the Royal Family.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/uk/4904296.stm
Old 04-13-2006, 08:38 AM

erm i didnt know where to put this..but seeing as there arnt any photos frm the ball i guess this one gives us sme idea of what they looked like! heres chelsy after she gt her hair done at a salon for the ball http://www.thisisoxford.co.uk/displa...n_abingdon.php
Old 04-13-2006, 11:06 AM
Nobility

I wonder what she wore. But I hope it was decent. Also they said that Kate got her hair done for the ball to I wonder how that looked like.
Old 04-13-2006, 11:08 AM

yea i couldnt find anything about kate! im sure they wore lovely ball gowns.lol
Old 04-13-2006, 11:45 AM

http://www.isifa.com/index.php?bool_search_send=true&page=search&search_ID=3182479&lnp=1&ed=on&foto=on&searchstr=chelsy+davy

ok more photots..same one as i posted before but well from different angles!! lol
Old 04-13-2006, 12:18 PM
Nobility

I like the hairdo but from certain angles. I like her hair it's a nice shade of blonde.
Old 04-13-2006, 01:03 PM
Serene Highness

I think Harry, in my opinion, has passed William in looks. He was always cute but I think he has really matured into a good looking young man. Chelsy is really cute and I think is great that Harry has someone in his life that accepts him and has supported him. I have always felt he was treated like a "spare", maybe that is just the public imagine but the fuss has always been about how great Williams is and how bad Harry is, it is great to finally see great press about him. To me he just seemed like a normal, if not spoiled, rich young man. I am not saying anything bad about William because he is such a great young man but it must be hard feeling like you are not as important. I think Diana understood Harry's feeling, hopefully Charles continued this for Harry.
Old 04-13-2006, 01:06 PM
Gentry

I totally agree that Harry looks better than his brother. It wasnt like that in the past, but William starts to look...Boring?
Old 04-13-2006, 01:08 PM
Heir Presumptive

I think Harry is Gorgeous. He is very hot especially in his uniform. Definitly better looking then William and has more hair. But William is cute too. Yesterday was a wonderfull day for Harry and the Royal Family.
Old 04-13-2006, 01:11 PM
Nobility

I think the situation being that William is in line to be king has caused a great deal of favoritism shown to William over Harry. I know its not intentional to push Harry aside, but the reality is, it happened. When this happens with children the one not favored tries to gain attention in every way. I notice it with my kids, they notice even the slightest bit of extra attention showed to their siblings. So imagine how Harry has felt growing up hearing nothing but how great William is. Its not Williams fault or anyone elses, its just the situation there favors the young royal who is to be king.

But I think Harry is really turning out to be a great guy inspite of all he's dealt with. And yes, I beleive Diana understood this and did everything to treat the boys equally.

Closed Thread

Tags
prince harry