The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Reigning Houses > British Royals > Current Events Archive

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 04-08-2006, 06:41 AM
Imperial Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Incas
I think for security reasons, it might be safer for him to station with the other troops on a base, rather than in some stand-alone housing. It will also go against the notion of being treated the same as the rest of his team.
Officers are never housed in the same area as ordinary troops. Single privates and non comms are normally in their own room, in different blocks. You wouldn't get 20 privates and 10 Sergeants in the same block, living next door to one another.
Married privates and non coms tend to be on army housing estates next or close to the base.
Lower ranking single Officers are still in blocks but, they are more like small flats, on the base. Married Officers have very nice houses, set in exclusive style developments, mainly on the base. Higher ranking Officers have normally purchased their own house, not all are close to the base but, they do have accomodation available to them, if they should have to stay on base for any reason.

That's why I think it will be harder to work out where to house Harry to start with, it is not going to endear him to the other officers if he is living in a luxury house on base. Of course like anyone, he may decide to buy his own house, close to the base and live there.

Old 04-08-2006, 12:20 PM
Nobility

I think he wants to go to war and fight with his men it's just that the palace won't let him.

Old 04-08-2006, 01:13 PM
Heir Presumptive

So what will he do ??The Palace wont let him this could Present a problrem Wonder if this will turn Into a Prince Edward Situation With him leaving like a month after Pass Out? I Hope not Hope he stays in Ive got High Hopes
Old 04-08-2006, 02:58 PM
Imperial Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Royal Fan
So what will he do ??The Palace wont let him this could Present a problrem Wonder if this will turn Into a Prince Edward Situation With him leaving like a month after Pass Out? I Hope not Hope he stays in Ive got High Hopes
So far nobody has said he can't go and fight with his men and he must already have agreed to sign up for a SSC to have been offered a place in the B & R.
Edward left before he was commissioned.
When I was saying about where to house him, that is purely when he is in this country and working on base. If he serves overseas, he will be in either an officers tent or accomodation they have rented or taken over, within a secure zone.
I hope it's not a tent, that tends to be really basic!
Old 04-09-2006, 11:52 AM
Imperial Majesty

Front-line role awaits Harry

Prince Harry leaves Sandhurst next week for life in the Army and is determined to see action on the front line.

http://icnewcastle.icnetwork.co.uk/s...name_page.html
Old 04-09-2006, 06:04 PM
Heir Presumptive

I have a feeling it will be a while until he sees the front lines.
Old 04-10-2006, 04:36 AM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Royal Fan
I don't think it is exactly like the Prince Edward situation. From what I remember about Prince Edward's military experience, he washed out--Harry has finished.:)
Old 04-10-2006, 04:38 AM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by gaggleofcrazypeople
I have a feeling it will be a while until he sees the front lines.
I agree with you on that. And, when he does see the front line, the press surely isn't going to be the first to know--at least I hope not. That would jeopardize Harry's fellow army dudes and quite possibly any mission they were on.:)
Old 04-10-2006, 04:40 PM
Nobility

Post Prince Harry current events part 8

Quote:
Originally Posted by HRH Kimetha
I agree with you on that. And, when he does see the front line, the press surely isn't going to be the first to know--at least I hope not. That would jeopardize Harry's fellow army dudes and quite possibly any mission they were on.:)
If the Army did send his unit overseas soon after he finishes his "recon" they could say they were not going to to the public. This could be done to protcet him and his unit members. The other reason that the Army might do this because the people that need to konw this are his family.
Old 04-10-2006, 04:55 PM
Nobility

I don't think the press will know because for security reasons and its a big danger for his fellow comrades. I mean think of the bounty placed on Harry's head if he does get caught.
Old 04-10-2006, 05:02 PM
Nobility

Post Prince Harry current events part 8

Quote:
Originally Posted by kaydura0717
I don't think the press will know because for security reasons and its a big danger for his fellow comrades. I mean think of the bounty placed on Harry's head if he does get caught.
The thing is if his unit got sent overseas when he is in his all his gear it would be hard to tell him aprt form the other men.
Old 04-11-2006, 03:30 AM
Heir Apparent

I wasn't sure where to post this article - in the "Prince William's thread, the Chealsy Davy thread or here. But I suppose it's most suitable here.

http://www.entertainmentwise.com/news?id=15692

Prince Harry may be in hot water for visiting a lap dancing club but it seems his brother Prince William thinks the whole episode is hilarious.
Queen Elizabeth: "I cannot lead you into battle, I do not give you laws or administer justice but I can do something else, I can give you my heart and my devotion to these old islands and to all the peoples of our brotherhood of nations." God, Save The Queen!
Old 04-11-2006, 05:25 AM
Commoner

What a refreshing read! Very amusing!
Old 04-11-2006, 07:38 AM
Imperial Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Avalon
http://www.entertainmentwise.com/news?id=15692

Prince Harry may be in hot water for visiting a lap dancing club but it seems his brother Prince William thinks the whole episode is hilarious.
Funny but, so unlikely to be true, especially as the 'source' for the article is......The News of the World!
Yes, I know I am a spoilsport but, which unnamed source are they crediting this story to?
Old 04-11-2006, 07:58 AM
Administrator in Memoriam

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skydragon
Funny but, so unlikely to be true, especially as the 'source' for the article is......The News of the World!
Yes, I know I am a spoilsport but, which unnamed source are they crediting this story to?
Skydragon, the article clearly states that the source of this story is "reportedly", so it must be true, because it has been reported. :)
Although it does make one wonder at Harry's familiarity with both his brother and his girlfriend if he can't distinguish between the two.
Old 04-11-2006, 02:01 PM
Nobility

LOL yea it might not be true but still funny.
Old 04-11-2006, 06:06 PM
Imperial Majesty

Does anyone know if there will be any live coverage of Harry's passing out parade today?

I have to go out this evening and want to know if I need to set my video - no use looking in the TV guide as it would only be shown on SkyNews or the BBC and they are simply saying their normal news coverage.
Old 04-11-2006, 06:39 PM
Heir Apparent

In these pictures released by Ministry of Defence in London, Tuesday April 11, 2006, Britain's Prince Harry, right, takes part in his final training exercise, in Cyprus, in March 2006

from polfoto
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	AP737576_guest.jpg
Views:	92
Size:	40.2 KB
ID:	237711   Click image for larger version

Name:	AP737577_guest.jpg
Views:	107
Size:	55.1 KB
ID:	237712   Click image for larger version

Name:	AP737578_guest.jpg
Views:	100
Size:	46.4 KB
ID:	237713   Click image for larger version

Name:	AP737591_guest.jpg
Views:	107
Size:	36.5 KB
ID:	237714  

Old 04-11-2006, 10:32 PM
Heir Presumptive

lol Me too :) All the Pomp its gonna be something ill bet (I Hope) :P So what happens after Tomorrow Ive heard Further Training Does anyone think we will see William Salute his Younger Brother even though He will particapate Directly wonder if Kate will show up?
Old 04-12-2006, 02:12 AM
Imperial Majesty

What I have read and heard is that the Queen, DOE, POW and DUC will be attending with the Queen actually attending the Sovereign's Parade at Sandhurst for only the third time in her reign.

William won't be actually taking part in the Sovereign's Parade this time as he is only a first term cadet and only second termers and the graduating term take the parade ground as such.

Closed Thread

Tags
prince harry