Serene Highness

Here's some pics from Getty:

Ahh, he looks so good! as always.

Old 04-21-2006, 04:38 PM
Heir Apparent
TRF Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skydragon
Active combat service is anywhere troops are deployed and can be killed. Whether that is a car accident going from base to base in Iraq, or a suicide bomber in Afghanistan.
Thanks skydragon. That's what I meant.

"One thing we can do is make the choice to view the world in a healthy way. We can choose to see the world as safe with only moments of danger rather than seeing the world as dangerous with only moments of safety."
-- Deepak Chopra
Old 04-21-2006, 04:48 PM
Imperial Majesty

Quote:
Active combat service is anywhere where troops are deployed and can be killed....
Quote:
Originally Posted by ysbel
Thanks skydragon. That's what I meant.
So now you agree that Edward VIII saw 'active combat duty' during WWI - he was in position where he could have been killed as a staff officer during the war.

He travelled around the support lines and the areas where he was were under artillery fire at times (remember that even London was bombed during WWI).

So now we are at the point where the most recent male heir to the throne during a war was on 'active combat duty'.

Remember that Charles didn't get the chance as he had left the navy by the time of the Falklands.

I did like Andrew's comments about his views on whether William and/or Harry would serve - yes they will he basically said.
Old 04-22-2006, 05:27 AM
Imperial Majesty

Harry at Larkfield Community Centre 21st April 2006. Abaca

Old 04-23-2006, 06:34 AM
Heir Apparent

Prince Harry, now in army, insists on front-line mission

LONDON (AFP) - Prince Harry is threatening to quit the British army if he is not allowed to join fellow soldiers in harm's way.
"If I am not allowed to join my unit in a war zone, I will hand in my uniform," he was quoted as telling senior officers before his passing-out from Sandhurst military academy, southwest of London, on April 12.

http://news.yahoo.com/s/afp/20060423...y_060423091913

Prince Harry: Send me to war or I quit

Prince Harry has threatened to quit the Army if commanders refuse to send him to the front line.
He told senior officers before recently passing out of Sandhurst as a Second Lieutenant: ‘If I am not allowed to join my unit in a war zone, I will hand in my uniform.’
The embarrassment for the Army caused by him quitting would be matched by uproar at the notion that while ordinary citizens are allowed to that their main problem is not whether Harry can take the pressure of coming under fire in action – but whether the lives of the men fighting alongside him will be more at risk because he is regarded as a ‘trophy target’ by insurgents

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/pages/liv...urce=&ito=1490

Let me fight or I quit, says Prince Harry

PRINCE Harry has threatened to quit the Army unless he is sent to the front line, it was reported today.
The Prince and his older brother, Prince William, have both previously made it clear they are determined to see active service with their units.

http://www.manchesteronline.co.uk/me...nce_harry.html
Old 04-23-2006, 11:51 AM
Nobility

Well glad that he's determined to go and fight for his country like anyother soldier. I think he might go but it'll be a long time from now.
Old 04-23-2006, 12:21 PM
Aristocracy

Just to add my coment on that war discussion:
I can't imagine that William woukld EVER be allowed to go as a a soldier into a region like iraq, he isn't even allowed to fly together with Charles in one plane. With harry, of course it is different.

I don't think that "fighting" was the reason for William to go to the army. In his position he simply had to do that. All male members in his family do so and he will be chief of the forces one day, won't he? He needs a military "deregree" (I know that's not the correct expresion) therfore.

Finally IMo it would be dangerous because of moral reasons, too. Specially in an area like Iraq - the danger that he might get his hands "dirty" is simply too big.

And a change in the line of success after william's death wouldn't be good for monarchy, too.
Old 04-23-2006, 04:59 PM
Imperial Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by purple_platinum
LONDON (AFP) - Prince Harry is threatening to quit the British army if he is not allowed to join fellow soldiers in harm's way.
"If I am not allowed to join my unit in a war zone, I will hand in my uniform," he was quoted as telling senior officers before his passing-out from Sandhurst military academy, southwest of London, on April 12.
Just 2 of the reasons I think this story is rubbish.

As I am sure Harry is already well aware, no soldier, private or officer gets much say in where he is or is not sent.

He would resign his commission, not hand his uniform in!
Old 04-23-2006, 05:34 PM
Heir Presumptive

You think he actually he would resign his commission Or do you think hes in it for the long haul Much like his Uncle the Duke of York who served 22 years.
Old 04-23-2006, 08:03 PM
Nobility

Post Prince Harry current events part 8

Quote:
Just 2 of the reasons I think this story is rubbish.

As I am sure Harry is already well aware, no soldier, private or officer gets much say in where he is or is not sent.

He would resign his commission, not hand his uniform in!
Harry is not ordering them to send him overseas but is saying that if his unit were to get sent overseas that he would want to lead his men. He seems to be worried that that might not send him overseas with his men if his unit with his men.
Old 04-23-2006, 10:18 PM
Heir Presumptive

So do you think he will actually give it up if he isnt sent or is it just talk
Old 04-24-2006, 01:18 AM
Nobility

Quote:
Originally Posted by Royal Fan
So do you think he will actually give it up if he isnt sent or is it just talk
This all on deployments if his unit/squad get called up then Harry should go overseas. No, I do not think that it is just talk but he would have to serve 3 years before he could resgin his commission.
Old 04-24-2006, 01:32 AM
Nobility

Quote:
You think he actually he would resign his commission Or do you think hes in it for the long haul Much like his Uncle the Duke of York who served 22 years.
We will have to wait for two years to see what Harry decides about his length of service.
Old 04-24-2006, 03:42 AM
Imperial Majesty

If the powers that be don't want Harry to serve in one of these areas but would like him to stay in the army there is a simple solution - don't send his particular unit i.e. don't send the Blues and Royals to these places - send them on peacekeeping duties somewhere else or leave them at home.

He will then be unable to claim they wouldn't let him fight so easily - they wouldn't let any one in his regiment fight either.
Old 04-24-2006, 04:48 AM
Imperial Majesty

WINDSOR WAR

MoD: We won't put Prince Harry in the firing line Prince: If I can't join my men in war zone I'll resign

http://www.mirror.co.uk/news/topstor...name_page.html
Old 04-24-2006, 04:51 AM
Imperial Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by kpusa1981
We will have to wait for two years to see what Harry decides about his length of service.
He can resign his commission at any time, he just has to give notice and/or buy himself out.

All of this would have been discussed before he signed with the B&R's. You don't discuss a contract after you have signed it.:)
Old 04-24-2006, 04:36 PM
Heir Presumptive

Would he ever be allowed to wear a Uniform on certian occasions or only if he gets an Honoray (sp) Role if he resigns. lol sorry for any mistakes in grammer
Old 04-24-2006, 04:56 PM
Nobility

Quote:
He can resign his commission at any time, he just has to give notice and/or buy himself out.

All of this would have been discussed before he signed with the B&R's. You don't discuss a contract after you have signed it.:)
Thank you do you think that he will resgin his commission?
Old 04-24-2006, 08:06 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
He'll probably be in it for the long haul like his uncle Prince Andrew. If Harry wants to go he should. The Queen made no exceptions when Prince Andrew went to the Falkland Islands (paraphrasing here: "He must go like everyone else." or something along those lines.)
Old 04-24-2006, 10:46 PM
Heir Presumptive

It might be good both for his Confidence and the Monarchys Popularity :)

Closed Thread

Tags
prince harry