Prince Harry Current Events 14: August-November 2006

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
hahaha. I think what he wants is to cause those reactions!; people writing pages and pages about him wearing a t-shirt that he "shouldnt", when the rest of us can. I mean you can buy those from police and fire departments in the US ( I have one NYPD). I guess it could´ve been a present. It is really absurd;it is just a t-shirt not a hole uniform!.... and oh boy! he really looks in love with crazy Chelsy!

avrilo said:
hahaha. I think what he wants is to cause those reactions!; people writing pages and pages about him wearing a t-shirt that he "shouldnt", when the rest of us can. I mean you can buy those from police and fire departments in the US ( I have one NYPD). I guess it could´ve been a present. It is really absurd;it is just a t-shirt not a hole uniform!.... and oh boy! he really looks in love with crazy Chelsy!

Hmmm, the point of view you describe here does obviously not take into account the background this prince comes from which is, actually, the background he gets his many, many privileges from. While it is true that any Willie Normalguy may put on this t-shirt on filling the British government's coffers when buying it, it's not the same if a prince of the realm does it.

That's part of the package of being a prince, IMHO - if you get your place in society due to tradition and the respect other people pay to your ancestry, you yourself should at least behave as if the background that supports your claim to well-being should count. In donning this t-shirt the prince obviously didn't pay this respect - thus I'm from today a supporter of cutting prince Harry out of the BRF!! Shall he earn his keep and wear t-shirts like Willie Normalguy. You can't have one without the other, IMHO.

avrilo said:
hahaha. I think what he wants is to cause those reactions!; people writing pages and pages about him wearing a t-shirt that he "shouldnt", when the rest of us can.

If he wanted to join the Paras and be morally entitled to wear the t-shirt, he should have done so. People can buy uniforms and war medals 2nd hand, is it OK for them to attend a parade, passing themselves off as having served their country?

As a Prince and an officer in the Household Cavalry, he is not supposed to act like a wannabe! Real soldiers do not feel the need to wear uniforms, badges or emblems they have not earned!

avrilo said:
hahaha. I think what he wants is to cause those reactions!; people writing pages and pages about him wearing a t-shirt that he "shouldnt", when the rest of us can.

If he really did that, then I agree with Jo.......cut him off and let him play normalguy, without Royal duties or privileges.

IMO wearing that t-shirt demonstrates an unattractive arrogance or spectacular lack of insight and/or lack of respect for tradition and the people who are entitled to wear it. Either way, it was very poor form.

lol The Game and Prince Henry of Wales hmmm oh where to start.... :p

^That article gave me a good laugh!! Can you imagine The Game and Prince Harry hanging out? Nope, me either :lol:

Roslyn said:
If he really did that, then I agree with Jo.......cut him off and let him play normalguy, without Royal duties or privileges.

IMO wearing that t-shirt demonstrates an unattractive arrogance or spectacular lack of insight and/or lack of respect for tradition and the people who are entitled to wear it. Either way, it was very poor form.

This seems to resemble a little bit the other times Harry wore something that was poor form (much worse situation, equally poor judgement imo)?

I do like Harry; he seems like a nice kid. But I have to wonder about his level of awareness.

I just ADORE his brother and so miss his mother Diana (gosh, I really miss seeing her she was wonderful, imo), but I have to wonder about all the gaffes...

How is it that Diana seemed to be so sensitive to things, but Harry not apparently informed of these types of 'faux pas' even in the slightest (can it be called that fairly)?

He probably doesn't even think about any of that until after the fact, if ever at all.

I have to say, it must be absolutely totally wonderful to be as care-free as Harry.

just my opinion.

Last edited:
Skydragon said:
If he wanted to join the Paras and be morally entitled to wear the t-shirt, he should have done so. People can buy uniforms and war medals 2nd hand, is it OK for them to attend a parade, passing themselves off as having served their country?

As a Prince and an officer in the Household Cavalry, he is not supposed to act like a wannabe! Real soldiers do not feel the need to wear uniforms, badges or emblems they have not earned!

Good point Skydragon. I think Prince Harry has a knack for committing gaffes with his clothing. He once wore a Che Guevarra T-Shirt, and of course no need to go into the Nazi uniform fiasco!! It could be that he was simply being thoughtless and careless with regards to his choice of T-Shirts, or he might've thought the shirt and insignia were just cool to wear.
Either way he should've known better.
I still like Prince Harry though. ;)

So You dont think he will be sent Skydragon?

Skydragon said:
Don't you just love the headline, obviously they are arranging these exercises just for Harry! :ermm: :ROFLMAO:
Well of course they are. After all Harry is the Entire Army isn't he?:winkiss:

Royal Fan said:
So You dont think he will be sent Skydragon?

I believe he will be sent but, will be held back on certain missions. That is only my personal opinion!

Looks like he might be sent after all. If the article is true, I hope he and his people will be safe. I am glad they are not depriving him of his right, duty and wish to serve for his country, but I just hope the laser suit Prince Harry will be wearing will not need to send any signals.

Prince Harry gets battle ready for overseas duty

It seems that Prince Harry may after all catch all the action on the battlefield, for he is all set to be a part of the 1,000-strong battle group preparing for the new year deployment to Iraq or Afghanistan.

Avalon said:
but I just hope the laser suit Prince Harry will be wearing will not need to send any signals.

I'm sure you know that they only use the laser suit while practising! :lol: Wouldn't it be wonderful if all wars were fought with laser suits and not real weapons.

Skydragon said:
I'm sure you know that they only use the laser suit while practising! :lol: Wouldn't it be wonderful if all wars were fought with laser suits and not real weapons.

I have seen quite a few laser suits in the movies! :ROFLMAO: ;)
It would be wonderful if all laser was the only weapon - there would be need to worry about Prince Harry, any of the British men or anyone at all. :flowers: :rolleyes:

Good Luck and may God Bless him (and all who serve).

Skydragon said:

There was a Star Trek episode where the 'war' was fought with a computer. The computer would spit out the a person's citizen number and they had to report to a 'death chamber' where they killed. Perhaps, the laser suits may be a pre-emptive to the 'death chamber'. The question then becomes, will any royal member, such as Harry, be given a citizen number and if so it would make it somewhat hard for the 'enemy' to target Harry and a member of his unit, unless of course, for a computer hacker.:ermm:

Skydragon
Does Harry get Remeberance weekend off?
Why isn't he he doing any of the Ceremonies for Rememerance Weekend?

He will only get time off for Remembrance Sunday, if it is his turn. He could be on duty at his barracks even if he is not involved in the local parade in the town.

100's of towns across the UK have their own parade to remember the dead of all the wars, as do the various forces bases.

Last edited:
Prince Harry really going to Iraq or Afghanistan?

According to this article, as we make an exception from where it's from, Harry may be heading overseas afterall. Guess I'm wrong about keeping him back in safe keeping. And, it appears that he may be going very soon. Naturally, I welcome your outstanding and at times very amusing comments.:)

Warrior Prince Harry so sombre

http://www.thesun.co.uk/article/0,,2-2006520688,00.html

Well, we do know that some of the Blues and Royals will be going overseas and I think Harry will be going with them. If he is stopped from going, I think we will see a major explosion on the base from Harry Wales.

As for looking 'lost in thoughts' or being 'sombre', Remembrance Day is supposed to be about both. Remembering the horrific loss of life from all sides should be a sobering thought!

The poor fellow can't win. It's Remembrance Day, probably the most sombre occasion on the calendar! I'd be concerned about him if he was smiling.

We should be grateful that he didn't shut his eyes and do any contemplating! :lol:

Skydragon said:
We should be grateful that he didn't shut his eyes and do any contemplating! :lol:

Now, now, now! We know what happens to young men (and women) who close their eyes and contemplate ..... there's a heavy thud before they open them again.:ohmy: :ROFLMAO: :ohmy: :ROFLMAO:

I wonder if it's settled now that Harry will be going to Iraq.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom