The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Reigning Houses > British Royals > Current Events Archive

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 09-27-2006, 07:55 AM
Imperial Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by MARG
Death is a little final so they had better live life to the max and make every moment count. Unforturnately they tend to count backwards...... in dog years! So, on behalf of the 2 week old chimpanzee's I take umbrage.
(Been there, seen that! so I guess I can say that too!)
I don't know what came over me, what can I say or do, except offer the most profuse and humblest apology to all chimpanzees that I may have offended with this erroneous comparison.

Old 10-04-2006, 10:03 PM
Heir Apparent

Harry's cavalry pair on rape rap
http://www.thesun.co.uk/article/0,,2-2006460128,00.html

Old 10-04-2006, 11:25 PM
Heir Presumptive

Hope he doesent catch any heat from this and that those responsible will be punished.
Old 10-05-2006, 02:05 AM
Heir Presumptive

Harry's been safely ensconced in Dorset so shouldn't be tainted in any way.

http://news.scotsman.com/uk.cfm?id=1469022006
Old 10-05-2006, 09:53 AM
Heir Presumptive

So now that hes done with Dorset whats next??
Old 10-05-2006, 11:54 AM
Imperial Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Royal Fan
So now that hes done with Dorset whats next??
Same as every other new officer in the B&R's, training, manoeuvers, getting to know the team he will be working with, the boring bits of army life. Further learning of the rules and regulations that he will be expected to know, running around after higher ranking officers, learning how to delegate.
Old 10-05-2006, 02:14 PM
Imperial Majesty

They are Troopers in the mounted division of the B & R's, they have been charged!
Old 10-06-2006, 10:33 AM
Imperial Majesty

Prince Harry and the Strawberry Twisties

PRINCE Harry celebrated in style by sampling the nightlife in west Wiltshire to mark the end of a five-week stay in Warminster.

http://www.wiltshiretimes.co.uk/news...y_twisties.php
Old 10-06-2006, 11:07 AM
Heir Presumptive

Glad he is done :) and all went well. when will we see him in Uniform again when will he get a medal or Promotion?
Old 10-06-2006, 12:13 PM
Imperial Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Royal Fan
Glad he is done :) and all went well. when will we see him in Uniform again when will he get a medal or Promotion?
He will be in uniform as soon as he is back on base, so anytime a photographer can get him. There could be many presentations or parades he will have to attend, but, I would imagine that those details will only be released nearer the time for security reasons.

Unless he is in an actual campaign, he won't be entitled to a campaign medal, we don't have many jubilees coming up! He will be a 2nd lieutenant for approx 3 years but, he could be promoted earlier.
Old 10-06-2006, 06:01 PM
Nobility

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skydragon
He will be in uniform as soon as he is back on base, so anytime a photographer can get him. There could be many presentations or parades he will have to attend, but, I would imagine that those details will only be released nearer the time for security reasons.

Unless he is in an actual campaign, he won't be entitled to a campaign medal, we don't have many jubilees coming up! He will be a 2nd lieutenant for approx 3 years but, he could be promoted earlier.
Do you think he will join the SAS when can and If he can get through the training? I think he wants to do P-Coy and then hpoeflly Jump school. What about the SRR?
Old 10-07-2006, 06:00 AM
Imperial Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by kpusa1981
Do you think he will join the SAS when can and If he can get through the training? I think he wants to do P-Coy and then hpoeflly Jump school. What about the SRR?
I honestly don't think the SAS or SRR would be able to take him. He is too high profile, too well known. Unlike the films, most of the SAS are the sort you wouldn't notice in the street, very unassuming but highly trained.
There are still debates going on as to whether he will be allowed to go into a war zone with his men, so I can't see him being allowed to apply for the SAS or SRR.
Old 10-08-2006, 02:52 AM
Nobility

Well Skydragon,
You were right on target as usual !!

Prince Harry Told: You Can't Go To War
http://www.theroyalist.net/content/view/1293/1/
Old 10-08-2006, 06:32 AM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by TonyaR
Prince Harry Told: You Can't Go To War
http://www.theroyalist.net/content/view/1293/1/
I take this story with a large dose of salt considering it's point of origin.
However, if this story is in fact true I think it would be betting certainty that Prince Harry would resign his commission. His whole reason for being would be gone. He would be humiliated and redundant, unable to look his men in the face or himself in the mirror. :unhappy:
If he cannot fight with his men, he should not have been allowed to go to Sandhurst or any other Military Establishment particularly at this time when actual fighting is a sure bet.
Might as well party heaps and play polo! He is extremely accomplished at both!
Old 10-08-2006, 10:14 AM
Heir Apparent

Looks like it is true.
Here are a few newspaper reports about it.

Prince Harry 'banned from Afghanistan

Britain's Prince Harry will not be allowed to fight on the front line in Afghanistan, The Mail on Sunday newspaper says, citing senior sources in the prince's regiment.
Harry, third in line to the throne, reportedly threatened to quit the British Army if he was blocked from active service due to safety fears and any such decision is likely to infuriate the 22-year-old.
Although a formal decision has yet to be made, sources in the Household Cavalry told the weekly tabloid they thought it was too dangerous for him to deploy in Afghanistan.

Harry can't go to war
Prince Harry barred from fighting in Afghanistan
Queen Elizabeth: "I cannot lead you into battle, I do not give you laws or administer justice but I can do something else, I can give you my heart and my devotion to these old islands and to all the peoples of our brotherhood of nations." God, Save The Queen!
Old 10-08-2006, 12:28 PM
Imperial Majesty

I feel really sorry for him, with everyone around him making the decisions as to whether he can or can't be a 'real' soldier. Although I can understand the debate, until William marries and has a couple of children, he is caught. He probably won't even be allowed to plead his right to go. His path, as always, is in someone elses hands.
Old 10-08-2006, 04:34 PM
Courtier

Quote:
His whole reason for being would be gone. He would be humiliated and redundant, unable to look his men in the face or himself in the mirror. :unhappy:
Yes, it will be gone...that is gone for any type of war zone. However, there was a whole lot of doubt that the man would be sent there at all. It was a little naive to think not, but the enthusiasm and courage he displayed about going should not go unnoticed. And, neither should William's. But, it is a position that they both are born into and there are both positive and negative aspects of having that silver spoon with the palaces, servants and bodyguards. They are considered too indispendible to be sent abroad in war zones; and, unfortunately they are more so, than their fellow men. But, they will serve their country well being behind those lines in England or in some other foreign post, if they should be sent there.

This news will probably break a little of their spirit, but they did sign in and was paid for their participation in an expensive training. And, they may also do a fantastic job training others. It will be rough for both I believe to train those others to go to war zones, but keeping in mind, there were many more who were trained in those same positions and eventually retired from the service without ever going to a war zone because there simply wasn't one to go to.

Quote:
If he cannot fight with his men, he should not have been allowed to go to Sandhurst or any other Military Establishment particularly at this time when actual fighting is a sure bet.
I didn't think everyone who trained at "Sandhurst or any other Military Establishment" went to fight. There are many who never even leave the shores.

Quote:
Might as well party heaps and play polo! He is extremely accomplished at both!
I hope not. His mind and energy is a terrible thing to waste. He's a smart cookie and has such a contribution to make to Britain. Let us hope that he doesn't wreck himself by this news.
Old 10-08-2006, 07:56 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by HRH Kimetha
I hope not. His mind and energy is a terrible thing to waste. He's a smart cookie and has such a contribution to make to Britain. Let us hope that he doesn't wreck himself by this news.
Let's hope you are right. However, Prince Harry trained for a fighting regiment and that regiment is most likely to see action in the very near future. To not let him participate and expect him to stay home and push paper is expecting too much. Harry has worked hard to suceed on his own merits. To destroy his future on the extremely outside chance that the 2nd in line may die is riduclous.
If Harry does not serve he will have to become a purely ceremonial soldier. His peers will go and fight for their country and advance in the ranks by the tested merit of their actions. How can Harry compete? The answer is glaringly obvious..... he can't. That being the case I truely believe that whilst TPTB may prevent him from serving in the theatre of war they will have b...er all chance of preventing him from disengageing. He may be the Royal third in line, but he is also a man!
Quote:
Originally Posted by KRH Kimetha
This news will probable break a little of their spirit, ...
To break a little of ones spirit is, I believe, like being a litte bit pregnant.
Old 10-09-2006, 12:01 AM
Courtier

Quote:
Let's hope you are right. However, Prince Harry trained for a fighting regiment and that regiment is most likely to see action in the very near future. To not let him participate and expect him to stay home and push paper is expecting too much. Harry has worked hard to suceed on his own merits. To destroy his future on the extremely outside chance that the 2nd in line may die is riduclous.
I agree with you, Marg, that it would be too much to expect him to stay home and push paper and that there might be an "outside chance that the 2nd in line may die ridiculous". But, its the targeting of his team and barracks, should that happen and countless soldiers die because of it that would be called into question. However, he may have been foretold this information before the press was given this information. He may have had some time to get through this and may considering other options, just as William; then, maybe not. I'm sure this has broken his 'heart' and 'soul' that his future in a war zone was decided like this. This can be extremely painful.

Hopefully, Harry won't have to be a paper pusher. There are other positions in that regiment that need top military officers that are required at home. A top soldier can either be on the field in a war zone or behind the line training those or even studying reconnaisence (sp) to pass on to the soldiers in the field. In today's military, there is so much done behind the lines directing soldiers in the field through satellite. Back when the US had their space program going to the moon one of their missions, Apollo 13, had an oxygen cannister explosion on board their ship that prevented a moon landing. The work 'behind' the scene of getting those astronauts back to earth came from things being resolved not in the 'battle' zone of space, but on the ground.

Quote:
If Harry does not serve he will have to become a purely ceremonial soldier. His peers will go and fight for their country and advance in the ranks by the tested merit of their actions. How can Harry compete? The answer is glaringly obvious..... he can't. That being the case I truely believe that whilst TPTB may prevent him from serving in the theatre of war they will have b...er all chance of preventing him from disengageing. He may be the Royal third in line, but he is also a man!
He doesn't have to become a 'purely ceremonial soldier'. He can go on to study war operations behind the scenes and advance through the ranks that way. Again, I must iterate that not all men who train to be soldiers of war make it to war. In other words, he can develop skills in using the information that tank personnel transmit back to headquarters about the enemy and with him knowing how the specialty equipment works helps Harry understand the field unit and the dangers they might encounter when planning of future action is warranted. The requirements for successful military service -- strength, bravery, pride, and wisdom is what Harry is getting from his training and his career as a soldier.

And a soldier he is and was trained and taught to be. A soldier that is part of a team, part of company and regiment. I'm hoping he will suck this in and put his best foot forward and come out a better man, soldier, friend and officer. Officer's put their men first and that is what is expected of them. Harry's a good man...let us hope he will get through this with few regrets. Britain needs good soldiers and not for fighting outside of the Isles as the Battle for Britain may come within.
Old 10-09-2006, 01:37 AM
Nobility

Post Prince Harry current events 11: August 2006-

Quote:
Originally Posted by HRH Kimetha
I agree with you, Marg, that it would be too much to expect him to stay home and push paper and that there might be an "outside chance that the 2nd in line may die ridiculous". But, its the targeting of his team and barracks, should that happen and countless soldiers die because of it that would be called into question. However, he may have been foretold this information before the press was given this information. He may have had some time to get through this and may considering other options, just as William; then, maybe not. I'm sure this has broken his 'heart' and 'soul' that his future in a war zone was decided like this. This can be extremely painful.

Hopefully, Harry won't have to be a paper pusher. There are other positions in that regiment that need top military officers that are required at home. A top soldier can either be on the field in a war zone or behind the line training those or even studying reconnaisence (sp) to pass on to the soldiers in the field. In today's military, there is so much done behind the lines directing soldiers in the field through satellite. Back when the US had their space program going to the moon one of their missions, Apollo 13, had an oxygen cannister explosion on board their ship that prevented a moon landing. The work 'behind' the scene of getting those astronauts back to earth came from things being resolved not in the 'battle' zone of space, but on the ground.

He doesn't have to become a 'purely ceremonial soldier'. He can go on to study war operations behind the scenes and advance through the ranks that way. Again, I must iterate that not all men who train to be soldiers of war make it to war. In other words, he can develop skills in using the information that tank personnel transmit back to headquarters about the enemy and with him knowing how the specialty equipment works helps Harry understand the field unit and the dangers they might encounter when planning of future action is warranted. The requirements for successful military service -- strength, bravery, pride, and wisdom is what Harry is getting from his training and his career as a soldier.

And a soldier he is and was trained and taught to be. A soldier that is part of a team, part of company and regiment. I'm hoping he will suck this in and put his best foot forward and come out a better man, soldier, friend and officer. Officer's put their men first and that is what is expected of them. Harry's a good man...let us hope he will get through this with few regrets. Britain needs good soldiers and not for fighting outside of the Isles as the Battle for Britain may come within.
When Cornet Wales in barracks (WHAT BARRACKS) how wuold the Terrorist/ Insurgents know that he was in the barracks? When the Officers and Men go into the barracks they would all still in their unifroms. You would not bable tell the officers from the men. In combat the officers do not wear rank on their unifroms in the war terrorism it would be smartest if no one wears rank on their unifroms.

Tags
prince harry