The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Reigning Houses > British Royals > Current Events Archive

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 11-17-2006, 04:27 AM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by iowabelle
I wonder if it's settled now that Harry will be going to Iraq.

...or Afghanistan....another troubled area. There's a lot of what he's been training to do going on there in searching for Al Queda.

Old 11-20-2006, 04:52 AM
Commoner

His Royal Hugness

Prince Harry flew to South Africa to celebrate the end of Chelsy's exams. There is a picture of them hugging. They look so cute

http://www.thesun.co.uk/article/0,,2-2006530890,00.html

Old 11-20-2006, 10:58 AM
Heir Apparent

thank you very much for the article, alleyesonarmani!
it was a very sweet picture, they must have missed each other a lot!
Queen Elizabeth: "I cannot lead you into battle, I do not give you laws or administer justice but I can do something else, I can give you my heart and my devotion to these old islands and to all the peoples of our brotherhood of nations." God, Save The Queen!
Old 11-20-2006, 05:29 PM
Heir Presumptive

Very sweet indeed,They look so in love every time I See pics of them. :)
Old 11-20-2006, 05:40 PM
Commoner

there are more pictures at wire image

www.wireimage.com
Old 11-21-2006, 07:07 AM
Imperial Majesty

A right royal visit!

PRINCE Harry arrived in Namibia on Saturday, a source at the Noordoewer border post has confirmed to The Namibian.

http://www.namibian.com.na/2006/Nove...65CF6131D.html
Old 11-21-2006, 12:40 PM
Serene Highness

Sounds like they're going to have so much fun! Its a great to see new pictures of him too.

Here's some more with an article about the trip:

http://rosie-demario.com/?p=3410
Old 11-21-2006, 01:47 PM
Heir Apparent

Madame Tussauds New York unveils wax figures of British Royals Prince William and Prince Harry, November 21, 2006 in New York City.

Pictures:
Prince Harry
Prince Harry and Prince William

more pictures from getty here.
Queen Elizabeth: "I cannot lead you into battle, I do not give you laws or administer justice but I can do something else, I can give you my heart and my devotion to these old islands and to all the peoples of our brotherhood of nations." God, Save The Queen!
Old 11-22-2006, 04:46 AM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by christinacg
Sounds like they're going to have so much fun! Its a great to see new pictures of him too.

Here's some more with an article about the trip:

http://rosie-demario.com/?p=3410

The article said Harry looked "delighted" to see Chelsy, but to me he looks a little ill from the trip. Perhaps it's the many trips to and from Africa. Does he make enough money for these trips? Or, does the Duchy help him with these costs? Anyone know this?
Old 11-22-2006, 04:55 AM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by HRH Kimetha
The article said Harry looked "delighted" to see Chelsy, but to me he looks a little ill from the trip. Perhaps it's the many trips to and from Africa. Does he make enough money for these trips? Or, does the Duchy help him with these costs? Anyone know this?
He surely gets a suitable apanage from his father, money from the army and has inherited half of his mother's wealth - and she made quite some money out of her divorce from Charles. No need to be afraid that Harry might not be able to buy a ticket to South Africa...
'To dare is to lose one step for but a moment, not to dare is to lose oneself forever' - Crown Prince Frederick of Denmark in a letter to Miss Mary Donaldson as stated by them on their official engagement interview.
Old 11-22-2006, 05:00 AM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jo of Palatine
He surely gets a suitable apanage from his father, money from the army and has inherited half of his mother's wealth - and she made quite some money out of her divorce from Charles. No need to be afraid that Harry might not be able to buy a ticket to South Africa...

Thanks, Jo for your rapid response. I guess his minders must get paid by the government or the Duchy? It must also be a tough job for these guys to have to be with both Harry and William with all their international travels and vacations.
Old 11-22-2006, 06:16 AM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
I guess his minders must get paid by the government or the Duchy?
Or the government (Protection Squad?).
Quote:
It must also be a tough job for these guys to have to be with both Harry and William with all their international travels and vacations.
I think it would be large doses of boredom interspersed with acute anxiety given the nature of their charge!
Old 11-22-2006, 06:38 AM
Imperial Majesty

Quote:
Thanks, Jo for your rapid response. I guess his minders must get paid by the government or the Duchy? It must also be a tough job for these guys to have to be with both Harry and William with all their international travels and vacations.
His minders are from The Royal Protection Unit, which is paid by the UK taxpayer.
Old 11-22-2006, 10:27 PM
Commoner

The dailymail has an article and a small picture of harry and chelsy on their trip. Chelsy looks extreamly taned.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/pages/liv...n_page_id=1770
Old 11-23-2006, 03:24 AM
Courtier

Another article by the ever present at vacations etc, the Sun with Harry & Chelsy

http://www.thesun.co.uk/article/0,,2-2006540500,00.html

Aren't there crocs in the water? From what I've read and heard there are...I wouldn't be goofing around too much.
Old 11-23-2006, 05:50 PM
Royal Highness

That looked like a fun trip. All the photos appear as if Harry and Chelsy were alone by themselves. Wonder where the minders are during the boat ride.
Old 11-24-2006, 01:53 AM
Commoner

Prince Harry Soaks in the Sun - Pics

http://www.justjared.com/2006/11/23/...rry-shirtless/
Old 11-24-2006, 07:19 AM
Administrator

While Harry is soaking up the South African sun we will move to a new thread.

Prince Harry current events 12: November 2006- can be found here.

Tags
prince harry