Prince Harry Current Events 13: July-August 2006

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Laraib said:
Iam afraid I disagree. I think they both should behave like grown men not just like princes. I mean, you don't relax by cheating on your girlfriends and grabbing a womans breast!:ohmy: Drinking is something else, doing what they are doing is, in my opinion, not right.

I also agree that there is a like an open war between the palace and the press now. And I hate to say but the press will win. Just my opinion though.:)
Laraib,

If the pictures were taken in 2003, then Harry certainly wasn't cheating on Chelsy because he was only 18 then, and he wasn't even dating her.
Here's another link about the pictures being 3 years old....:)
http://media.guardian.co.uk/site/story/0,,1845125,00.html?gusrc=rss&feed=1

Also, none of the pictures show William with his hands on any woman. It just goes to show how the media slants things they way they want. I fear that you're right, and the media will win the war....:sad:

christinacg said:
:ohmy: If I were Chelsy, I would be so upset.

I read another article, and according to Paddy Haverson, the photo was taken 3 years ago before PH started stated Chelsy. Both Harry's & William's hair is still pre-Sandhurst. It appears that the Sun wanted to sell papers and cause some trouble within the princes lives and to embarrass them and their father and the Queen by publishing this old photo. I can imagine the phone lines between Balmoral and Clarence house is burning. It's interesting that the Sun didn't even point out that this photo was old. So deceiving!:mad:

Last edited:
Why it print three year old picture now why not it printed in three years ago than now print.. I wonder.. WHY????? i think that stupid to print photos... Why it so long time to print those dirty pictures...:mad:

But isn't it interesting how fast Clarence House comes to the rescue of Harry and thus rescuing his and Chelsy's relationship? ;) Seems prince Charles doesn't want the public to believe that Chelsy is just a fling who can be cheated on by his son while he was partying in a club... Maybe there is more to the relationship than we know.

At least it was a chivalresque thing to do.

Clarence House was defending Harry's image not his girlfriend. I hardly think putting the press right on a date somehow spells wedding bells. Let us hope not anyway.

Prince Harry appears in news photo with hand on woman's breast

LONDON (AFP) - The royal family has demanded a newspaper correct a story printed alongside a picture of Prince Harry apparently groping a woman's breast, claiming the photograph was out of date

http://news.yahoo.com/s/afp/20060815/wl_uk_afp/britainroyalmediaharry_060815150309

This is a section from the MediaGuardian.co.uk

There also appears to be a question mark over how the photographs came to be published, with Clarence House claiming that their owner, Natalie Pinkham - the girl whose breast Prince Harry is pictured fondling - did not give her permission for them to be printed
http://media.guardian.co.uk/site/story/0,,1845125,00.html?gusrc=rss&feed=11

diana

what william and harry saw with there mother kate and chelsy have nothing to worrie about. i thank they will stick with one women at a time in they will not be unfateful!!!!:bang:

With all due respect that's rubbish. They were too young to see what went on with Diana and bringing her up here is rather low IMO.They are young. They aren't engaged. Nowadays it's usual to have several girlfriends before marriage. In Britain, the divorce rate is rising year on year and it's more than likely that Harry or William will settle down and realise it isn't for them and ditch the old wife and get a new one.

Please, let's let Diana RIP. Will and Harry are responsible for their own actions, whatever they may be. Seeing that Will is the more sensible of the two, I doubt he would have more than one girlfriend at a time. As for Harry...who knows.

lol - I love the way that Harry would but William is a golden boy who would never put a foot wrong.

Why are we making assumptions that Harry will cheat on his wife based on 1) pictures that were taken some time ago and 2) he isn't even married. We don't even know if he will marry Chelsy.

As for the Diana aspect...well...thats probably better left alone. I had a friend who was married to a guy (key word was married) whose father cheated on the wife all the time. He ended up doing the same. Mainly cause he saw how his mother let it slide. His brother on the other hand, who is older, saw the pain his mom went thru and appears to be quite faithful. But the key word is APPEARS.

I am sure Harry and William will date a series of women before they decide to get married.

The point is the way Harry treats other people. He had no right to behave this way, I think it was very offensive. To some extent it shows us "real Harry". And this is the problem.

harry is a normal boy in is age, just he is a prince but he have a life not only a title-

He had every right to behave that way. He's young, he was having a laugh with some pals and by the looks of him he'd had plenty to drink as had Natalie. Natalie is really the only one who is allowed to take offence as it's her breast he's having a good feel of and I don't hear her screaming sexual assault so I think she isn't too offended by it and probably didn't think twice.

I disagree with you Corazon, Harry doesn't have a life. He has a title and that title rules his life because it isn't just a nickname, it's a position, so whatever he does, it'll always be shadowed by his station in life. Let's remember that these photographs were never supposed to hit the press and they probably show a normal evening out and if a normal evening out with friends for Harry is getting blotto and touching each other in naughty places then who is he hurting?

harry in a person ( a young boy) with a title, he is part of a royal family, have a home's life with her parent hard, he lost his mother when he was very very young and a father ausent for many years ( I not saying that charles is ausent now), is a biy with freedon, with monay and he don't have official funtions yet, i dont not when was taken he photo, but chelsey dont is harry wife, harry was with MANY womens, and this is normal.
he have a duty with his family and with her country, of course, but he is a boy with truobles, and ge is famous since before born, every day in his life he have a `photographer close, especially now the the celular phones.
the press is part of his life,m but he have a lfe, he is harry windsor not only HRH prince harry wales, he never will be king and he have a freedon taht william vill have for hisfelf.
The queen have a life but palce doors to intro, don't is public, but with the young generation of the family is different.

I just said, harry is a preson with a responsability with her family, he born with a title but is a person with mistakes like another one.
he don't is perfect and he is young.
harry is a royal, but is a boy like another one, he have a private life and another public, but is a person with feelings don't only a could title.

Charles was never absent and I don't see what his parents or indeed, any member of his family have to do with it. He's got his own mind but he's constrained by his position as the spare. William is the heir, Harry is the spare. Now in the past, the spares were able to do whatever they liked and nobody mentioned it but this is 2006 and people will want to know what Harry is doing with his life. The media will let them know exactly what he's doing with his life and Harry has to be on watch 24/7 but that doesn't mean he can't let his hair down. But I still disagree, he isn't a boy like any other. He's Royal and thats his role in life.

of course, harry is a royal and that is his role in the life, but he is a person, with sensations and feelings like another one.

Anna Nowak said:
The point is the way Harry treats other people. He had no right to behave this way, I think it was very offensive. To some extent it shows us "real Harry". And this is the problem.
Anna,
we should keep in mind that the pictures were taken in 2003, not this year.
Harry was only 18 years old then, and if the pictures are any indication he was also probably totally smashed (drunk ;) ) at the time.
Also, BeatrixFan has an excellent point: Natalie wasn't exactly fighting him off, she was obviously not offended at all. Since it's her body, she's the only one who can be upset.

In addition it should also be remembered that according to Natalie, the pictures were her own private personal photos and not meant to be shown to the general public.
Considering all these things, I think it makes the situation seem a whole lot less sordid.

Zonk1189 said:
What do the other pics look like. IMO the only person looking bad in this instance is Harry. If you must grab a woman's breast...just do in the privacy of your or her home. And wouldn't you want to be Natalie's mum right now...yes that's my daughters breast on the front pages of the Sun! Bear in mind..William is drinking..as long as he isn't drinking and driving and being an arse...he turns out alright. Of course..I say that not knowing what the other pics look like.

I have the same opinion, Harry looks like the bad one here but if he did that a long time ago then there shouldn't be anything for Chelsy to worry about, although Harry has been getting some bad press lately with the other article of him kissing that other girl he used to date and now this. From what I see as an outsider it looks like a rocky road for Chelsy and Harry right now but I don't know what goes on behind closed doors so I can't say for sure. Also I don't think Kate has anything to worry about either unless we see some pictures of William kissing another girl but he was only drinking (for now).

TonyaR said:
There is an inference that the pictures were published as revenge against the Royals and against Prince Charles.
See this link:
http://www.theroyalist.net/content/view/1094/1/
It makes perfect sense. The media is getting their revenge, and at the same time reminding everyone how powerful they are.

It appears that the war has begun again in the land of the Windsor Tragedy and that the Queen may have to reprimand Clarence House and both it's permanent and temporary occupants. I can only feel real sorry for Lilibet because her life during her rule has been basically scandal free, giving and taking a few incidents. But, her children and their children, especially those standing very near in line to the throne, seem to give that wonderful lady a very stressful reign. Prince Harry and William need to start being on their best behavior at all times. Even thou these photos were in the past, they did finally become today's news. What they do today may come back to haunt them in the future. Let us hope that it doesn't happen during a royal family death, abdication, marriage or ascension to the throne. :sad:

Last edited:
TonyaR said:
Laraib,

If the pictures were taken in 2003, then Harry certainly wasn't cheating on Chelsy because he was only 18 then, and he wasn't even dating her.
Here's another link about the pictures being 3 years old....:)
http://media.guardian.co.uk/site/story/0,,1845125,00.html?gusrc=rss&feed=1

Also, none of the pictures show William with his hands on any woman. It just goes to show how the media slants things they way they want. I fear that you're right, and the media will win the war....:sad:

Yeah, I hope he isn't cheating on her. Anyways, I also am curious as to how Kate feels about all of this?:rolleyes: :)

TonyaR said:
Anna,
we should keep in mind that the pictures were taken in 2003, not this year.
Harry was only 18 years old then, and if the pictures are any indication he was also probably totally smashed (drunk ;) ) at the time.
Also, BeatrixFan has an excellent point: Natalie wasn't exactly fighting him off, she was obviously not offended at all. Since it's her body, she's the only one who can be upset.

In addition it should also be remembered that according to Natalie, the pictures were her own private personal photos and not meant to be shown to the general public.
Considering all these things, I think it makes the situation seem a whole lot less sordid.

I agree with you.:)

However, it seems like by stating that the pictures are 3 years old, the royal family expects the public to ignore Prince Harry's behavior. Iam not sure I agree with that. Anyways, I hope this all passes as Iam a VERY big fan Prince Harry's but I don't know. I think many people have come to expect these sort of things from him which might be the saddest part.:neutral:

Poor William and Harry. They can't catch a break from the media!

Ah... I see. That photo is 3 years old. So what we see is not what we got. In fact, we got got!:ROFLMAO:

Here are all the usual suspects verbally wagging their finger at 'Harry's habitual lousy behaviour cheating on his girlfriend', but then, oops, he didn't after all but he is still a very bad boy! :devil:

Hello :bang: Do none of you have the grace to admit you got suckered by the press?

Three years is the difference between a boy and a man. :bangin:

BeatrixFan said:
...Harry has to be on watch 24/7 but that doesn't mean he can't let his hair down.

I agree that he has to be on watch 24/7 and because of that, he can't let his hair down beyond that walls of the palace. Like you said, he has a station in life and he was follow through with the responsibilities that the station constrains him to. This 'normal' needs to be biten in the butt because being raised in the public eye as a grandson, son and eventual brother of a monarch is not normal. And, neither is playing polo and skiing on a soldier's pay. When he heads home from the base on his off time, he heads home to a palace, courtiers, valets and household workers. Apparently allowing the boys to be 'normal', the parents didn't take the time to tell the boys that this 'normal' stuff is through school days. Once 18, you've got a duty to the crown and to your own destiny. Sorry didn't mean to sound too mean or not allowing them to 'let their hair down', but I'm on this forum to get the latest on the family-not to see a family I lose respect for everyday and then question why any culture wants to continue to support these people. :neutral:

Heidi P. said:
Panther 2000,
I think you are onto something there. i enjoyed reading your post. Thanks, I never thought of all the comparison and contrasting as a strategy. :flowers:

Thanks I thought that I would just throw that out there. It jus reminds me so much of that time that Poor Edward was made the scapegoat when Charles was not the center of attention. & Edward & shopie were stealing his thunder. They were young & newly married. & People were still morning over Diana's death.

& I can see by some of the post that some people by into it. Shame really, Yeah harry has his moments. But, he is not the hilter that some make him out to be.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom