Prince Harry Current Events 13: July-August 2006

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
anag said:
He's a cutie and quite the character, as we all know :D. Thanks for the pics...

Ani

I agree. Harry is adorable!

It seems like lately, all we ever see is him playing polo! You have to wonder if he might be some sort of robot, never bothering to eat, sleep, or do any thing other than ride a horse around a soggy field!:D I guess its just his forte and he's lucky that he can do something he loves so much and help charities out at the same time.

Skydragon said:
Prince Harry branded 'reckless boy racer' by anxious army mums

Anxious parents at the army base where Prince Harry is currently training have complained against the British royal and have labelled him a reckless “boy racer” for habitually ignoring the 20mph speed limit at his base in Bovington, Dorset.

If this is true I don't believe for one minute he is the only Army Officer there who drives "at speed". He just makes an easier target. ;) (When are we going to get a 'Smilie' depicting a clip round the ear?)

(During my military days we always said we wouldn't let any of the young pilots loose with a shopping trolly in a supermarket judging by the way they drove their cars. Although, to be honest, they flew rather well! So perhaps it is an age thing and not service specific after all?)

Oh please... All people his age like to drive fast! We all like to at times, even if we don't admit it! :) Can the media not come up with anything else to write about?

ZandraRae said:
Oh please... All people his age like to drive fast! We all like to at times, even if we don't admit it! :)

With a lot of the houses actually being on the base, anyone with children would expect Harry to stick to the normally strict speed limit. In my experience, it is rare for any of the Officers or non coms to speed where their own or their comrades children might be put in danger.

If he wants to drive that fast, I would suggest he hires a race track for a day before a child gets hurt or killed, or at the very least does it away from a housing complex containing young children and their schools.

Prince Harry competed in the Cartier Cup between Prince of Wales' Team and Hurlingham Team at the Guards Polo Club on 30 July, 2006 in Egham, England
Harry's team won.
source - getty

Attachments

• 71540976.jpg
    71540976.jpg
    34.7 KB · Views: 199
  • 71540977.jpg
    71540977.jpg
    37 KB · Views: 186
  • 71540981.jpg
    71540981.jpg
    45.8 KB · Views: 174
3 more (Getty images)

he's looking good!!! Although he and Chelsy seem to look rather bored. Maybe they're just hungover, lol.

i like her dress and shoes!!

christinacg said:
3 more (Getty images)

he's looking good!!! Although he and Chelsy seem to look rather bored. Maybe they're just hungover, lol.

I agree. I wonder whats going on? Could be boredom or a hangover? Who knows. Is Chelsy staying in London for the entire summer?

MARG said:
If this is true I don't believe for one minute he is the only Army Officer there who drives "at speed". He just makes an easier target. ;) (When are we going to get a 'Smilie' depicting a clip round the ear?)

It's interesting that the response is not of 'he needs to slow down...children in the area', but of what appears to be of a dismissal, perhaps not your intention.;) With that said, perhaps that should be told to the unfortunate kid 'gunned down' between an irresponsible Army Officer and pedestrian in the walkway.

Skydragon said:
With a lot of the houses actually being on the base, anyone with children would expect Harry to stick to the normally strict speed limit. In my experience, it is rare for any of the Officers or non coms to speed where their own or their comrades children might be put in danger.

If he wants to drive that fast, I would suggest he hires a race track for a day before a child gets hurt or killed, or at the very least does it away from a housing complex containing young children and their schools.

Very well said. I didn't say it any better above.

Prince Harry current events 10: July 2006-

Skydragon said:

The 60MPH was off base the article only said the "Mum-of-two Sandra McGhee, who works at the base, said; “He drives around the barracks like a maniac. There are a lot of children around here who are worried for their safety.” She did not say the speed that he was going.

Last edited:
HRH Kimetha said:
It's interesting that the response is not of 'he needs to slow down...children in the area', but of what appears to be of a dismissal, perhaps not your intention.

No, I didn't mean to dismiss the gravity of the situation, merely point out that I am sure he is not the only one doing it.

That being said, the clip around the ear was intended for Harry and any other young officers similarly flouting the speed limit.

Young children + speeding cars is a no-brainer!

Harry and Chesly Kissing

Here are some of the pictures of harry and chelsy kissing at the polo on sunday. There are more and rexfeatures and Isifa

Attachments

• is_12511241.jpg
    is_12511241.jpg
    45.9 KB · Views: 228
  • is_12511280.jpg
    is_12511280.jpg
    36.6 KB · Views: 206
kpusa1981 said:
The 60MPH was off base the article only said the "Mum-of-two Sandra McGhee, who works at the base, said; “He drives around the barracks like a maniac. There are a lot of children around here who are worried for their safety.” She did not say the speed that he was going.

The article did not say anything about 60mph, on or off the base nor did I. I suggested if he wants to drive above the 20mph speed limit, he does it elsewhere. The speed limit on the base is 20mph, for a very good reason, for parents to complain I would imagine he was even above the accepted but, not approved of 30. The base roads are not like American roads, they are narrow, 2 trucks, side by side sized roads with many adjoining small roads.

I also didn't mean that Harry should drive fast around little kids. I wouldn't want a child to get hurt, or even worse, killed. He should be more responsible. But, somewhere we are not getting the entire story, since a few of us seem to have read different things.

YES! Chelsy left to go back to South Africa! How great! lol

Prince Harry current events 10: July 2006-

Skydragon said:
The article did not say anything about 60mph, on or off the base nor did I. I suggested if he wants to drive above the 20mph speed limit, he does it elsewhere. The speed limit on the base is 20mph, for a very good reason, for parents to complain I would imagine he was even above the accepted but, not approved of 30. The base roads are not like American roads, they are narrow, 2 trucks, side by side sized roads with many adjoining small roads.

All I meant was that was that we do not know how fast he was going.

Last edited:
Thank you karla64 for the great pics (minus Chelsy)! Harry looked as cute as ever! I would give anything to be in Chelsy's shoes.

If he is still passionate about his relationship with Chelsy despite living thousands of miles away can anyone imagine him finding a new girlfriend?

aww, those photo's of Harry and Chelsy are adorable! Harry makes a great boyfriend I think. Chelsy is very lucky.

People Magazine: http://people.aol.com/people/gallery/0,26335,1218787_4,00.html

SPLENDOR IN THE GRASS

After scoring a victory on the field (for dad Prince Charles's team), Prince Harry gets some one-on-one time with girlfriend Chelsy Davy during Sunday's International Cartier Polo event in Windsor, England.

princeharryac5.jpg

CREDIT: Richard Gillard/CAMERA PRESS / Retna

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom