Prince Harry Current Events 10: January-March 2006

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I bet! The bruises were probably bigger than the potatoes themselves!

gaggleofcrazypeople said:
Aren't there more cons than pros in this exercise?
It depends if you are the one throwing the potatoes or getting hurt by it.

It must have given the more republican cadets a workout.;)

Prince Harry current events part 7

Skydragon said:
It is unlikely that he will guard the Queen as he is not, at this time, joining the Mounted Division.

He is going to receive further training with the Reconnaissance Division, with the hope of becoming a Troop Leader.

http://www.army.mod.uk/rac/regiments/index.htm
http://www.army.mod.uk/rac/regiments/index.htm
http://www.army.mod.uk/rac/formation_reconnaissance/index.htm
http://www.army.mod.uk/householdcavalry/the_blues_royals/index.htm
http://www.arm y.mod.uk/rac/faqs.htm

All Household Cavalrymen are dual trained; on horseback and in the formation reconnaissance role. All Household Cavalrymen are dual trained; on horseback and in the formation Reconnaissance troops on reconnaissance role.(or 'Recce' as they are more commonly known) As a Recce soldier you will normally work in a troop of 12 men and can be expected to spend long periods of time self-contained and on occasions behind enemy lines. Patience, nerve and cunning are essential characteristics of the recce soldier. The information you gather will help the commander decide what forces are needed to defeat the enemy.
This means Prince Harrry will train in both mounted training and recce.

very interesting But I thnk he will manage hes got a good head on his shoulders

kpusa1981 said:

This means Prince Harrry will train in both mounted training and recce.

The training he will do when he passes out will be solely in reconnaissance, after what is normally a 2 year stint, he may then be trained in the mounted division. As an officer he would normally be given a choice. The ordinary cavalrymen get no choice and go where they are sent.:)

Hmm, what is the British English meaning of to pass out? In American English, it means to faint. I hope Harry isn't fainting on us. :eek:

I think it is graduating in this case.

ysbel said:
Hmm, what is the British English meaning of to pass out? In American English, it means to faint. I hope Harry isn't fainting on us. :eek:

:D :D Sorry Ysbel, you graduate from university (hopefully) but you pass out from the Police, Fire Brigade, Armed Forces

I got this from the Cambridge Dictionary.

(British & Australian) to successfully finish a training course at a police or military college.

I hope Harry doesn't faint, it is not unheard of!:D

Thanks skydragon! I don't know what the American equivalent is; usually the police have to pass an exam. A friend of mine went into the police force and we just said she passed her police exams.

Some of the recruits at the Army base near where I grew up, were passing out regularly (the American form of passing out :D ) in route to their course completion. It was regularly above 100 F in the summer and they were continually fainting on the long training marches with full kit.

ysbel said:
Thanks skydragon! I don't know what the American equivalent is; usually the police have to pass an exam. A friend of mine went into the police force and we just said she passed her police exams.

Some of the recruits at the Army base near where I grew up, were passing out regularly (the American form of passing out :D ) in route to their course completion. It was regularly above 100 F in the summer and they were continually fainting on the long training marches with full kit.

My first husband almost fainted on a 'guard of honour detail' for HRH some years ago. We could see it about to happen, there is nothing you can do. He didn't, I'm relieved to say, Officers just don't do that!:D

Of course their 'royal insider' has had numerous calls from the Princes or perhaps it was mystic Meg!:D
Didn't they also say William was going to announce his engagement on Valentines Day?:confused: ;)

Don't know exactly what to think about that!

Skydragon said:
Of course their 'royal insider' has had numerous calls from the Princes or perhaps it was mystic Meg!:D
Didn't they also say William was going to announce his engagement on Valentines Day?:confused: ;)

If they keep on predicting when he will announce his engagement eventually they will get it right - might take them five years or so but they will eventually be right in that William will announce his engagement.

By the way - did they say which Valentine's Day??

chrissy57 said:
By the way - did they say which Valentine's Day??

That is funny, I hadn't thought of that!:D :D

kaydura0717 said:
I honestly think this was the same night and the papers just found a picture that some one had sold them and wanted to make it seem that he has been out for two days in a row.

One night or two, I hope he had a great time!:D

Hows Sandhurst going for him ? any new news what will happen on his pass out day Any speeches :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom