Prince Harry Current Events 10: January-March 2006

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I happy that he chose this regiment. I guess I was wrong he was not going to chose the welsh guards.

Skydragon said:
I'm told that most of the men use plain water or soap and water to get the camo paint off, but some officers use makeup removal creams and have also been known to moisturise afterwards!:D
I bet the type of paint he uses is different than the type we use for Halloween and such, but if it's anything like that, they would need a lot of soap and water and tons of moisturizer!;)

I don't know what happens to me but I always think he's sexy
oh god
it is just me or she looks absolutely sexy with that army uniform?
yeah maybe Im going crazy or something:p

lol I Just like the old worl classical charm about the Men in the Royal Family in Uniform something very disticnt very Victorian lol now I Sound like the crazy on eh (Did my statement make sense) :)

Harry: One's just Cornet-o
http://www.thesun.co.uk/article/0,,2-2006040259,00.html

Harry to join Household Cavalry
http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/uk_news/4646336.stm

HARRY MAY FIGHT IN IRAQ
http://www.mirror.co.uk/news/tm_objectid=16625294%26method=full%26siteid=94762%26headline=harry%2dmay%2dfight%2din%2diraq-name_page.html

Prince Harry could serve in Iraq
http://www.sky.com/skynews/article/0,,30000-13498557,00.html

Prince Harry could fight in Iraq
http://www.thecouriermail.news.com.au/common/story_page/0,5936,17943902%255E401,00.html

Harry to join the Household Cavalry
http://thescotsman.scotsman.com/uk.cfm?id=126062006
trans.gif
trans.gif

Last edited by a moderator:
Becky24 said:
I bet the type of paint he uses is different than the type we use for Halloween and such, but if it's anything like that, they would need a lot of soap and water and tons of moisturizer!;)

It just makes me laugh that most of them won't admit to using removal creams or moisturiser. There they are toting SA80's, crawling about in ditches, fighting for their country but, it's far harder to admit they use creams on their faces.:D

he will be guard in queen's protection?

corazon said:
he will be guard in queen's protection?

yes he will guard his grandmother the HM Queen

No he will not guard the Queen. He is joining the other part of the calvarly. The part that is not just ceremonial, he will most likely be in combat doing reconassaince missions which are very dangerous. But seeing that he is doing very well he will most likely be leader of his men.

Why is there so much controversy of Harry going to fight in Iraq? He is third in line, and I still don't think that he would really ever fight in combat.

sara1981 said:
yes he will guard his grandmother the HM Queen

It is unlikely that he will guard the Queen as he is not, at this time, joining the Mounted Division.

He is going to receive further training with the Reconnaissance Division, with the hope of becoming a Troop Leader.

gaggleofcrazypeople said:
Why is there so much controversy of Harry going to fight in Iraq? He is third in line, and I still don't think that he would really ever fight in combat.

I agree with you, I too don't see the fuzz. Prince Andrew were active in that Falkland Island thing in the 1980s, weren't he? And he is the third in line too.

KikkiB said:
I agree with you, I too don't see the fuzz. Prince Andrew were active in that Falkland Island thing in the 1980s, weren't he? And he is the third in line too.

It only seems to be the press making a fuss at all. Yes Andrew was flying helicopters on active service when the UK was at war over the Falkland Islands in 1982.:)

I haven't looked through the entire thread, so I'm not sure if this has been mentioned, but I was reading "Closer" Magazine and apparently Harry visited a local nightclub in Windsor called "Liquid", whch they described as being quite chavvy, so for the non-Brits read skanky.
Apparently he was there with a group of friends and spent most of the night in the VIP area, but was really friendly and had his photo with whoever asked.

I'm glad that Harry finally chose a regiment. The Blues and Royals look good in uniform and so will he:D. Just a question. Is Princess Anne the the colonel in chief of this regiment or am I mistaking? Thanks to anyone who knows the answer to this.

kelly1972 said:
I'm glad that Harry finally chose a regiment. The Blues and Royals look good in uniform and so will he:D. Just a question. Is Princess Anne the the colonel in chief of this regiment or am I mistaking? Thanks to anyone who knows the answer to this.

Queen Elizabeth is the Colonel in Chief, while Princess Anne is a mere Colonel.:D

elizabeth not is Commander-in-Chief?

corazon said:
elizabeth not is Commander-in-Chief?

Yes, Queen Elizabeth II is the Commander in Chief for The Blues and Royals (Royal Horse Guards and 1st Dragoons).
The Princess Royal is the Colonel.

Per the monarchy website
"As Sovereign, Her Majesty is head of the Navy, Army and Air Force of Britain. On becoming Queen she succeeded her father as Colonel-in-Chief of all the Guards Regiments and the Corps of Royal Engineers and as Captain-General of the Royal Regiment of Artillery and the Honourable Artillery Company."

(Following list is not from the royal website, but from another source)
Colonels-in-Chief

British Army

Cavalry
1st The Queen's Dragoon Guards - HRH The Prince of Wales
9th/12th Royal Lancers (Prince of Wales's) - HRH The Duke of York
The Blues and Royals (Royal Horse Guards and 1st Dragoons) - HM The Queen
The King's Royal Hussars - HRH The Princess Royal
The Life Guards - HM The Queen
The Light Dragoons - HM King Abdullah II of Jordan
The Queen's Royal Hussars (Queen's Own and Royal Irish) - HRH The Duke of Edinburgh
The Queen's Royal Lancers - HM The Queen
The Royal Dragoon Guards - HRH The Prince of Wales
The Royal Scots Dragoon Guards (Carabiniers and Greys) - HM The Queen
The Royal Tank Regiment - HM The Queen

Infantry
22nd (Cheshire) Regiment - HRH The Prince of Wales
Argyll and Sutherland Highlanders (Princess Louise's) - HM The Queen
Black Watch (Royal Highland Regiment) - HRH The Prince of Wales
Coldstream Guards - HM The Queen
Devonshire and Dorset Light Infantry - HRH The Duke of Kent
Duke of Wellington's Regiment (West Riding) - His Grace The Duke of Wellington
Green Howards (Alexandra Princess of Wales's Own Yorkshire Regiment) - HM King Harald V of Norway
Grenadier Guards - HM The Queen
The Highlanders (Seaforth, Gordons and Camerons) - HRH The Duke of Edinburgh
Irish Guards - HM The Queen
King's Own Royal Border Regiment - HRH Princess Alexandra, The Hon Lady Ogilvy
King's Own Scottish Borderers - vacant
King's Regiment - HRH The Prince of Wales
Light Infantry - HRH Princess Alexandra, The Hon Lady Ogilvy
Parachute Regiment - HRH The Prince of Wales
Prince of Wales's Own Regiment of Yorkshire - HRH The Duchess of Kent
Princess of Wales's Royal Regiment (Queen's and Royal Hampshires) - HM Queen Margrethe II of Denmark
Queen's Lancashire Regiment - HM The Queen
Royal Anglian Regiment - vacant
Royal Gloucestershire, Berkshire and Wiltshire Light Infantry - HRH The Duke of Edinburgh
Royal Green Jackets - HM The Queen
Royal Gurkha Rifles - HRH The Prince of Wales
Royal Highland Fusiliers (Princess Margaret's Own Glasgow and Ayrshire Regiment) - HRH The Duke of York
Royal Irish Regiment (27th (Inniskilling) 83rd and 87th and The Ulster Defence Regiment) - HRH The Duke of York
Royal Regiment of Fusiliers - HRH The Duke of Kent
Royal Regiment of Wales (24th/41st Foot) - HRH The Prince of Wales
Royal Scots (The Royal Regiment) - HRH The Princess Royal
Royal Welch Fusiliers - HM The Queen
Scots Guards - HM The Queen
Staffordshire Regiment (The Prince of Wales's) - HRH The Duke of York
Welsh Guards - HM The Queen
Worcestershire and Sherwood Foresters Regiment (29th/45th Foot) - HRH The Princess Royal

Combat Support
Army Air Corps - HRH The Prince of Wales
Corps of Royal Engineers - HM The Queen
Intelligence Corps - HRH The Duke of Edinburgh
Royal Corps of Signals - HRH The Princess Royal
Royal Regiment of Artillery - HM The Queen (Captain-General)

Combat Service Support
Adjutant General's Corps - HM The Queen
Corps of Royal Electrical and Mechanical Engineers - HRH The Duke of Edinburgh
Queen Alexandra's Royal Army Nursing Corps - HRH The Countess of Wessex
Royal Army Dental Corps - HRH The Duchess of Gloucester
Royal Army Medical Corps - HRH The Duke of Gloucester
Royal Army Veterinary Corps - HRH The Princess Royal
Royal Logistic Corps - HRH The Princess Royal
Small Arms School Corps - HRH The Duke of York

Thank you for the corroboration selrahc4.:)

Little_star said:
I haven't looked through the entire thread, so I'm not sure if this has been mentioned, but I was reading "Closer" Magazine and apparently Harry visited a local nightclub in Windsor called "Liquid", whch they described as being quite chavvy, so for the non-Brits read skanky.
Apparently he was there with a group of friends and spent most of the night in the VIP area, but was really friendly and had his photo with whoever asked.

That sounds like Harry. Except for the photo part. Are there any photos availabe so that we can verify this?

selrahc4 said:
Colonels-in-Chief: British Army

King's Own Scottish Borderers - vacant
Royal Anglian Regiment - vacant
Only two vacancies. Is there already jostling for appointment? :)

Hey when William is done with training he could be Colonel-in Chief of:King's Own Scottish Borderers and for Harry Royal Anglian Regiment

Royal Fan said:
Hey when William is done with training he could be Colonel-in Chief of:King's Own Scottish Borderers and for Harry Royal Anglian Regiment

One major problem for your wish for William - there won't be a Kings Own Scottish Borderers, all the Scottish regiments are being amalgamated to form a single Scottish regiment.:eek:
They couldn't really have a Troop Leader (2nd Lieuy) as a CIC, they can only hold one rank at a time or are you hoping they can bypass all the lower ranks?:eek:

Both Harry and William will wait until they have left the army before becoming Colonel's-in-Chief of any regiments. That will be probably about four years at least for William and even longer for Harry. By then some of the older royals may have stood down as C-in-C of their regiments or even have passed on - horrible thought I know but one we all face.

"That sounds like Harry. Except for the photo part. Are there any photos availabe so that we can verify this?"

Well the magazine had 1 picture, but I have no access to a scanner, however I think most of the photos he posed for were via camera phones.

I've read, today, on an italian newspaper, "la repubblica.it" that Harry is going in a mission to Iraq in 2007.

Ariel said:
I've read, today, on an italian newspaper, "la repubblica.it" that Harry is going in a mission to Iraq in 2007.

Are you sure it just isn't one of those rumors...?:)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom