Prince Harry and Meghan Markle, General News 1: November 2017 - May 2018

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
IMHO it's unfair and a bit silly to criticize her over things she did (like sharing pictures of her dogs on instagram) before meeting Harry. The thought process, that fans and public have right to know and comment or critique every part of her life just because she's marrying Harry seems strange to me.

The meida can and will. she's not all that protected. the best protection is a dull one, it is to say very little....

How was she to know this years ago, even before meeting Harry? That is my point. People are judging her life prior to Harry as if she was supposed to live like the future fiancé of Harry even before meeting him.

I'm actually seeing quite a bit of pushback against these tidbits pulled from a decade or more ago from her past, and a lot of public don't like it. It's refreshing for me to see.

As I said, I think it is a good rule for everyone, not to share too much in the media whether social media or the papers....

She hardly shared anything. Nothing from her past relationships, nothing too personal. A few dog pictures is pretty much sharing the minimum.

As I said, I think it is a good rule for everyone, not to share too much in the media whether social media or the papers....

This has always been an interesting thing for me to see people say about her. Her social media habits before Harry seems to be used against her, yet if you really think about it, she used it quite strategically. It felt like she shared quite a bit, but what did we really find out about her personal life? As a fan of Suits before this relationship and having followed her on social media before this, I’ve never seen a picture of her with her significant other EVER on social media for the years that she was on there. That’s is rare, not only considering she didn’t know she would marry a British prince, but that is actually pretty rare for even normal folks.

Reactions: hel
But its the people who follow royals closely wil be her biggest fans, or at least should be. I meant it as a general rule anyway.. if you let the public - or too many people - know about things, there are bound to be those who will crtiicise things...

Ok? There will always be those who find things to criticize. The idea that Meghan should have allowed that to influence her choices is baffling to me. In any case, the whole discussion is rather trivial, I think. I certainly wouldn't give it as much importance as some have.

:previous: Wouldn't surprise me. It was a private event with no press, so no one would freak out over her being in the same place as the Queen in the papers. Although, I think the title is a bit of an exaggeration. Changing how things are done is the royal household doesn't happen everyday, but a thing here and there certainly isn't transforming an institution.

How could she be in 2 places at once, for I read here that she was in Ca visiting her mother and friends. Was the trip to Ca. only for a day or two? Just curious about how she could be there and here....maybe the trip to Ca was fake news? Any ideas!

We haven't seen her Nottingham visit on December 1. She could have been home for a week and just returned. But the trip was never confirmed.

Last edited:
How could she be in 2 places at once, for I read here that she was in Ca visiting her mother and friends. Was the trip to Ca. only for a day or two? Just curious about how she could be there and here....maybe the trip to Ca was fake news? Any ideas!

Last we saw her was December 1 in Nottingham. If she returned during last weekend, she was gone for about a week.

She’s certainly doing a great job keeping a low profile with coming and going!

The article by Kay sounds about right to me. Meghan may well have decided to come back to get ready for Christmas, though I do think she's been in California. It would make good sense to see what the rooms are like when full of people and it sounds like Meghan to be working the room asking people their names and what they do! Her presence probably was a surprise and I can imagine it getting out when people there told relatives and friends.

This seems a pretty significant thing (if true and I am taking it with much salt) that she is attending such a private function with the Queen already. Then again, its also the ideal way for the staff to get to know the newest member of the family too.

And its totally possible Meghan never went to LA. I really honestly think that it would have been impossible for her to get around LA post engagement without SOMEONE even just a random with their smart phone, getting a picture of her. Whereas, if she has been spending time at Windsor or in the UK, we know that the royals including very popular ones like the Cambridges and Harry, can get around very quietly.

This seems a pretty significant thing (if true and I am taking it with much salt) that she is attending such a private function with the Queen already. Then again, its also the ideal way for the staff to get to know the newest member of the family too.

And its totally possible Meghan never went to LA. I really honestly think that it would have been impossible for her to get around LA post engagement without SOMEONE even just a random with their smart phone, getting a picture of her. Whereas, if she has been spending time at Windsor or in the UK, we know that the royals including very popular ones like the Cambridges and Harry, can get around very quietly.

I think I believe it more when I saw that Kents, Gloucesters, and Prince Andrew were all there. If it was just her, Harry, and the Queen, that would've surprised me more.

But I do think she can get around LA without being photographed. She went to LA during Thanksgiving 2016 after Harry confirmed their relationship. We didn't have any paparazzi shots of her then either.

Meghan has proven, in London and LA, she can give any media the slip easy enough. In LA she is only one of many among the faces. And if she kept a low profile, perhaps staying with a friend and not her mom for instance, it wouldn't be that hard.

Attending the party seems a good idea for her. Get to know the staff, and get her feet wet. Be part of a special event with the queen, but have some other royals there to soften it, like Andrew.

The story about Meghan at the Christmas party is fascinating. Her meeting the members of the household shows she intends to be gracious to those who would attend to her. But I don't like the tone of the article that Meghan is getting special treatment and other senior royals may resent it.

Richard Kay in The Mail reporting that Meghan is back in London and was at the Royal Household Christmas party.
Richard Kay: Meghan Markle transforming the Royal Family | Daily Mail Online nice clickbaity headline

What fun! :flowers:

TEXT: "As the 900 guests sipped flutes of Mumm champagne or Sandringham apple juice, Meghan, who didn’t drink, circulated through the Waterloo Chamber, St George’s Hall and the Grand Reception Room where her own wedding reception will be held next May. It took her more than an hour.

"In fact, Meghan disclosed that she and Harry had spent last weekend at Windsor looking over the state rooms as they began making plans for the wedding. Clearly the benefit of being at Monday night’s party was to experience what the same rooms are like when they are full of people."

It sounds plausible, and there are interesting detailed tidbits, that might make it true. DF would be contradicting their own scandalous 'Harry went to a bloody hunting trip, how will VeganMeghan deal with THAT?!?!' article, wouldn't they?

From Rebecca English

@RE_DailyMail #MeghanMarkle was a surprise guest at the Queen's annual staff Christmas party at Windsor Castle on Monday. One person who met her told me that she was 'charm personified'. 'She held out her hand & said 'Hi, I'm Meghan'. She was unbelievably beautiful and Harry looked so proud.'

'Charm personified' sounds like a great description of Meghan imho.

Such a pity there wasn't any pic of the event !!!!!

I can imagine Harry looking so proud. That is great to hear. It's good that Meghan is getting to know the Household staff and also her way around the castle as well.

It was a party for The Queen’s staff. Meghan will have relatively little interaction with them going forward.

It’s only polite to introduce yourself.

I think this is especially nice since their wedding festivities will be at Windsor Castle and this is most likely the key staff that will be involved.

When I lived in the UK for a year I ended up picking up an accent. It wasn’t intentional, I am just the kind of person who picks up accents.

Yes, exactly. I've picked up accents from a week on vacation. Of course those faded fast, but after a year in Connecticut after moving here from Texas, a Texas friend said I didn't sound like myself anymore.

I admire how Meghan and Harry have been able to keep much of their real relationship out of the public eye while being in the public eye. Having their own story separate from the media narrative is crucial for them.

Lessons learned from the past..and it has worked very well for them.

LaRae

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom