Prince Harry and Meghan Markle, General News 1: November 2017 - May 2018

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
As long as she is not asking fashion advice from Anne :D

While they are definitely big schedule events, I don't think Meghan will be too stressed by either Trooping or Ascott. Both basically are riding in a carriage, and Trooping standing on the balcony. Except those actively involved with the ceremony, which Meghan wouldn't be. She may need a bit of fashion advice, as these events it will be even more key. But Meghan seems to have a good fashion head on her shoulders, and she has her own stylist to consult as well.

She will be busy clothes wise in the month before her wedding. Not only wedding, but will have to see to clothes for those events as well before her and Harry leave on a honeymoon.

Please note that several posts have been deleted.

Let's avoid back and forth arguing, analysing each other's posts to the detriment of other peoples' enjoyment of the thread and comparing Meghan with Letizia and/or Harry's previous girlfriends. Thank you.

As long as she is not asking fashion advice from Anne :D

While they are definitely big schedule events, I don't think Meghan will be too stressed by either Trooping or Ascott. Both basically are riding in a carriage, and Trooping standing on the balcony. Except those actively involved with the ceremony, which Meghan wouldn't be. She may need a bit of fashion advice, as these events it will be even more key. But Meghan seems to have a good fashion head on her shoulders, and she has her own stylist to consult as well.

She will be busy clothes wise in the month before her wedding. Not only wedding, but will have to see to clothes for those events as well before her and Harry leave on a honeymoon.

I am looking so forward to next year. First we have the Cambridge baby, then the Royal Wedding, then Trooping and Ascot with both Kate and Meghan.

I've never gotten the impression that Anne is around the younger royals except at official events and family holidays.

LaRae

Highgrove is pretty close to Gatcombe. I'm not sure we have any idea when the various members of the royal family see each other privately. They may not see each other a lot, they're all pretty busy, but they may get together casually sometimes.

Not everyone, but a small, sliver of a sampling. These women were concerned about Meghan protecting herself. That's interesting to me.

That's it. No 'empty lives', rather real concern out of personal experience (one woman talked about losing one's children across borders).

If these women are immigrants from countries such as Vietnam and are working at jobs where there is no higher education needed then their concern for Meghan is quite expected, imo.
However, what they apparently didn’t take into account is the fact that Meghan is a millionaire in her own right. She will be able to hire the best divorce lawyers and the BRF’s desire to avoid a public scandal would also play in her favour with any divorce proceedings and custody issues. As long as she’s smart, discreet and realistic about her demands her divorce would actually go quite easily. Look at Anne for example or any number of European royals who are divorced – Spain, Denmark, Norway.

And really, any talk of divorce before the wedding is truly a bit too much.

There is lots of film/lots of photos to look at to help her prep for these kinds of events. I think this will be the easy part for her.

Tougher are always the overseas tours where she has to please every country/culture and interact in a certain way. Though, I do this she will ace this as well.

I just got a mental picture of Harry looking at Meghan and saying something along the lines "You up for some family home movies tonight? Make some popcorn."

Not only will she have Harry by her side but she also has Kate to turn to for advice especially when it comes to foreign tours and tips on wardrobe coordination. I also think she'll ace it. Like Harry, I think she'll adapt like a duck to water whatever situation she finds herself in. :D

I just got a mental picture of Harry looking at Meghan and saying something along the lines "You up for some family home movies tonight? Make some popcorn."

Not only will she have Harry by her side but she also has Kate to turn to for advice especially when it comes to foreign tours and tips on wardrobe coordination. I also think she'll ace it. Like Harry, I think she'll adapt like a duck to water whatever situation she finds herself in. :D

In addition, Meghan's best friend is Jessica Mulroney. People is reporting that she was consulted on Meghan's outfit for Nottingham. I'm sure if she's good enough to dress Sophie Trudeau, Meghan can count on her for foreign tours. :lol:

Jessica has been her personal stylist for a few years. Not surprising that she would have consulted her for her recent events. She may want, and find, someone local and accompany her on tours as Kate's does. But for now I am sure Jessica will be of help. If she can dress our first lady, and Sophie is well dressed, I think she can handle a duchess.

Trooping and Ascot (one day) will actually be quite easy. They ride in a carriage and stand on a balcony/in a royal box and look interested. She’ll be surrounded by other royals and won’t be interacting with the general public at these events.

It will be her solo engagements and international trips that will be more difficult. I expect their first overseas trip will be to Australia for Invictus Games 2018. I wonder if they’ll add a couple of days in New Zealand as well, it’s a long trip after all.

Trooping and Ascot (one day) will actually be quite easy. They ride in a carriage and stand on a balcony/in a royal box and look interested. She’ll be surrounded by other royals and won’t be interacting with the general public at these events.

It will be her solo engagements and international trips that will be more difficult. I expect their first overseas trip will be to Australia for Invictus Games 2018. I wonder if they’ll add a couple of days in New Zealand as well, it’s a long trip after all.

I have thought, for several months now, that their first overseas trip will be the 2018 Invictus Games in Australia. Hadn't thought of a side-trip to New Zealand but it makes perfectly good sense. I think Harry & Meghan would be a huge hit Down Under.

Fitting if Invictus is first. Was their first public appearance really in Toronto. So it would be fitting as their official first tour :flowers:

NZ would depend on an invitation. They could stop in NZ on holiday, but to make an official visit, requires an invitation.

I first thought of IG too.

However, Walking with Wounded is in America this year, and I believe Harry is supposed to participate in part of that. Does anyone know when that is?

I first thought of IG too.

However, Walking with Wounded is in America this year, and I believe Harry is supposed to participate in part of that. Does anyone know when that is?

It is a 14 week event. Even if Harry isn't getting married during it (starts in May) I don't think he would take part in the entire event. He likely will be there for the kick off and perhaps first few days if before his wedding. Perhaps he and Meghan will go together, take some stress off, prior to wedding.

If they have a daughter, she might be able to get away with everything with Harry. :wub:

Until the boys come knocking :D Then I think he will be finding his hunting rifles to make a nice show. :lol: (okay I listen to too much country music)

Until the boys come knocking :D Then I think he will be finding his hunting rifles to make a nice show. :lol: (okay I listen to too much country music)

Nah, he can just send the RPOs.:lol:

BTW, since you are a Canadian, how are the Canadians generally reacting to this? Given that Meghan has adopted Canada as home for the last seven years. And their first event together was actually in Toronto.

It is a 14 week event. Even if Harry isn't getting married during it (starts in May) I don't think he would take part in the entire event. He likely will be there for the kick off and perhaps first few days if before his wedding. Perhaps he and Meghan will go together, take some stress off, prior to wedding.

I wasn't sure when it was. I thought it was some point in the summer, and they might go together and that'll be the first trip. But I guess if he goes to kick it off, it might just be him since Meghan will probably be busy with last minute wedding stuff.

I wasn't sure when it was. I thought it was some point in the summer, and they might go together and that'll be the first trip. But I guess if he goes to kick it off, it might just be him since Meghan will probably be busy with last minute wedding stuff.

Its possible they will take part further into the challenge, even at the end. Though the expedition is the big event, there are smaller events in the year for walking with the wounded. There is a Cumbria challenge in May, 18-19, which might be too close to wedding, but there is a Balmoral challenge in late June. Might be a good time to introduce Meghan to Balmoral castle, and to one of his patronages :flowers: Balmoral one dates fall last few days of Ascot, (22-23) but Harry wouldn't attend every day of Ascot anyways.

Roya Nikkhah‏
@RoyaNikkhah

Meghan Markle will spend Christmas with the Queen, the first fiancée to join the royal family at Sandringham, ahead of her wedding to Prince Harry next year @thesundaytimes

Wow. If that’s true that’s quite a departure from convention. She must have impressed the Queen!

Wow. If that’s true that’s quite a departure from convention. She must have impressed the Queen!

There's been no conformation by KP as of yet.

So far the London Evening Standard and the Sunday Times are both reporting it..will be interesting to see what happens.

LaRae

I bet it was the corgis' reaction to Meghan that pushed the Queen over the acceptance mark and pushed her to invite Meghan to Sandringham.

Its possible too that Meghan may be going to the Sandringhan *estate* for the holidays will not be included in the family only events such as Christmas Eve dinner and the walk to church Christmas morning.

We'll see how things develop.

Harry and Meghan: Wedding Suggestions and Musings

Richard Plamer Twitter. the palace says Meghan going traveling for the next couple months visiting family and friends
Sorry mods I didn’t know where put this

Last edited:
Richard Plamer Twitter. the palace says Meghan going traveling for the next couple months visiting family and friends
Sorry mods I didn’t know where put this

Which is confusing since they previously said she would be touring the UK with Harry getting to know her knew country. With 5 months until the wedding and thousands of details to decide on not to mention preparing for her conversion into the COE, this latest plan seems odd.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom