Prince Harry and Meghan Markle, General News 1: November 2017 - May 2018

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I think they are just trying to cover all the bases so they won't be wrong lol

LaRae

I bet it was the corgis' reaction to Meghan that pushed the Queen over the acceptance mark and pushed her to invite Meghan to Sandringham.

Its possible too that Meghan may be going to the Sandringhan *estate* for the holidays will not be included in the family only events such as Christmas Eve dinner and the walk to church Christmas morning.

We'll see how things develop.

I don’t think HMQ would’ve not accepted anyone Harry loved.

This could be due to her complication from immigration issues or the advanced age of the Queen and Prince Phillip. We have to remember that this is an extremely unusual situation for this family.

Richard Plamer Twitter. the palace says Meghan going traveling for the next couple months visiting family and friends
Sorry mods I didn’t know where put this

Technically Richard said KP announced she’ll be traveling for a couple of months before settling into life at KP. We don’t know if it’ll be next couple of months or anytime before the wedding.

Which is confusing since they previously said she would be touring the UK with Harry getting to know her knew country. With 5 months until the wedding and thousands of details to decide on not to mention preparing for her conversion into the COE, this latest plan seems odd.

The traveling bit was announced at the briefing in Buckingham Palace. The conversation came up because of the Times article about Christmas at Sandringham. She does have a lot to do, but with modern technology, I don’t see why she’d have to be in London to deal with all the wedding details. As for touring UK, Kate went to a number of engagements before wedding in different areas, but hardly had a full schedule, I’d expect the same in this case. After all, royal fiancées are typically not working royals yet.

Last edited by a moderator:
Speaking of family matters, a couple of tabloids are running the story that Meghan will be spending Christmas at Sandringham with the royals. This breaks precedent, for only married couples and close family go. If this is true I would understand if Kate and Mike Tindall are miffed because they didn't get an invite after their engagement announcements. But missing Christmas with her mother, after missing Thanksgiving? I trust Meghan's mother is invited to the UK; or Harry and Meghan are making arrangements to spend time with her family in the US.

Speaking of family matters, a couple of tabloids are running the story that Meghan will be spending Christmas at Sandringham with the royals. This breaks precedent, for only married couples and close family go. If this is true I would understand if Kate and Mike Tindall are miffed because they didn't get an invite after their engagement announcements. But missing Christmas with her mother, after missing Thanksgiving? I trust Meghan's mother is invited to the UK; or Harry and Meghan are making arrangements to spend time with her family in the US.
Sunday Times is hardly a tabloid. And why would Kate and Mike feel miffed? Her situation is dramatically different than theirs. They both had families in UK whereas Meghan does not. On that note, should we add Camilla and Sophie to the list? How about Philip? They are all adults. I’m sure they understand that there are other concerns than to just make them feel bad.

I wrote on Meghan's family thread about it. If true, that had to be hard on Kate.

So when will we see the couple again?!?!

Why would that be hard on Kate? Things are different (IF this is accurate info) now and they aren't high school girls. Kate is pretty secure in her position.

LaRae

Meghan traveled to the U.K. very frequently over the past year. She can easily visit the US a number of times over the next several months. I doubt she is going to stay for weeks on end doing a farewell tour.

I wrote on Meghan's family thread about it. If true, that had to be hard on Kate.

Why? I don’t think Kate even thought of going in 2010 as William wasn’t even there.

Meghan traveled to the U.K. very frequently over the past year. She can easily visit the US a number of times over the next several months. I doubt she is going to stay for weeks on end doing a farewell tour.

Yes, we do have to consider the fact that she now has her own RPO. If she stays overseas for an extended period, there is bound to be issues. The only thing I can think of is if she isn’t on a fiancée visa now, but tourist, and will have to go overseas to apply for a fiancée visa and that’ll take sometime. In that case, it’s not really her choice, and she is following the law.

Richard Palmer‏Verified account
@Royalreporter

Kensington Palace has declined to comment on reports that Meghan Markle will spend Christmas at Sandringham.

Richard Palmer‏Verified account
@RoyalReporter

Kensington Palace has declined to comment on reports that Meghan Markle will spend Christmas at Sandringham.

When emily Andrews said they asked at the briefing if Meghan will be at Sandringham for Christmas, they fully expected an answer that only spouses are invited. However, to her shock, they said further details will be announced as we get closer to Christmas. I knew then that this is likely still a fluid situation.

Yes, we do have to consider the fact that she now has her own RPO. If she stays overseas for an extended period, there is bound to be issues. The only thing I can think of is if she isn’t on a fiancée visa now, but tourist, and will have to go overseas to apply for a fiancée visa and that’ll take sometime. In that case, it’s not really her choice, and she is following the law.

Good point. The immigration issue certainly going to be tricky in this unusual situation.

Richard Plamer Twitter. the palace says Meghan going traveling for the next couple months visiting family and friends
Sorry mods I didn’t know where put this

I think this is KPs way of managing expectations about Meghan making appearances. Following the success of Nottingham visit, I would assume they have been inundated with requests.

Yes I caught that a few days ago. It'll be interesting to see what transpires.

LaRae

Kate and Mike are adults, who maturely can understand, that Meghan just move to UK, quit a job she was at for 7 years, and really has no family in UK. I'd think Kate and Mike would be the first ones to welcome Meghan, and not think, that every situation is about them.

Christmas 2010 when William and Catherine were engaged, he didnt go to Sandringham as he was on duty in Wales. Catherine would hardly go if William wasn’t there. So no problem there.

What surprises me is the idea ( as not confirmed yet) that she wouldnt spend Christmas with her Mother.

I think this is KPs way of managing expectations about Meghan making appearances. Following the success of Nottingham visit, I would assume they have been inundated with requests.
I believe that part of his tweet is the information they got from the BP briefing. This got drudged up this morning due to the Sunday Times reporting Meghan will be at Sandringham for Christmas, which is a break from standard protocol.

What surprises me is the idea ( as not confirmed yet) that she wouldnt spend Christmas with her Mother.

There are other things in play here. We don’t know the specifics of where she is with the immigration issue. That does limit travel at times. Then there is the fact that she has RPOs now. If she goes to US during Christmas, that means her security team will be spending Christmas in a different country than their families.

There are other things in play here. We don’t know the specifics of where she is with the immigration issue. That does limit travel at times. Then there is the fact that she has RPOs now. If she goes to US during Christmas, that means her security team will be spending Christmas in a different country than their families.

Excellent point. And that would be at least 3 RPOs.

:previous: its already been reported by media and KP that she will be spending time pre wedding in the US with friends and family. Christmas seems a logical extension of that statement.

RPOs work 24/7 365 days a year, home and abroad on shifts. It will happen after they are married, it can happen this yr.

:previous: its already been reported by media and KP that she will be spending time pre wedding in the US with friends and family. Christmas seems a logical extension of that statement.

RPOs work 24/7 365 days a year, home and abroad on shifts. It will happen after they are married, it can happen this yr.

KP’s comment didn’t include Christmas. In fact when specifically asked if she will spend Christmas at Sandringham, they said they will announce more as it gets closer to Christmas rather than just state the standard protocol and put the issue to bed.

And I’m assuming RPOs work in shifts. That does allow them some time with family around the Christmas holiday if they arrange hints with family. This is hardly the same. And honestly, I don’t know how they would guard her in LA. Her mom’s house doesn’t look the easiest to guard. It’s not a coincidence that the Middleton’s bought the house they bought in 2012. The law regarding paparazzi is a lot different in US. There are a lot more of them that will be a lot more aggressive than in UK and Toronto.

Just to be clear, it’s not that I absolutely think she will spend Christmas at Sandringham, just that it’s not as out of question as people might think. They are in uncharted terroritory here.

Last edited:
:previous: I still remain surprised she is not spending Christmas with her mother. Expressing surprise is ok, its not a criticism.

And when she does visit, the issues about security will be the same.

And RPOs work over Christmas, even at Sandringham.

:previous: I still remain surprised she is not spending Christmas with her mother. Expressing surprise is ok, its not a criticism.

Oh, I didn’t see it as a criticism. I just think it’s an interesting conversation to analyze the situation. :lol: I honestly don’t think there is any legitimate criticism that can arise from this. It is, after all, with permission of the Queen.

Folks, Meghan will be touring the UK and taking a little time to visit some family and friends. It’s something she’ll be doing little at a time.

I believe that part of his tweet is the information they got from the BP briefing. This got drudged up this morning due to the Sunday Times reporting Meghan will be at Sandringham for Christmas, which is a break from standard protocol.

One have to remember that the royal family don’t have any written protocol in place. It’s all made up on the spot.

Just ask Sophie Wessex.

KP will update on the Christmas plans. Meghan will likely see the whole extended family anyway for the family Christmas lunch at Buckingham Palace.

Kate and Mike are adults, who maturely can understand, that Meghan just move to UK, quit a job she was at for 7 years, and really has no family in UK. I'd think Kate and Mike would be the first ones to welcome Meghan, and not think, that every situation is about them.
I agree and I'd add the others who married into the family. In recent years Autumn was the other royal fiance who was from outside the UK and could reasonably expect to join Peter at Sandringham Christmas gatherings once they were married. They were engaged in August 2007 and married in May 2008. I don't recall what their Christmas 2007 plans were when they were engaged.

Last edited:

Meghan is NOT going to leave her mother alone to spend Christmas, Come now!! I don't care how you try to rationalize it all.

Excellent! I like that she's going home for a few days, as she should. Good for her!

Where did you read this statement? I'd like to read it.

Meghan is NOT going to leave her mother alone to spend Christmas, Come now!! I don't care how you try to rationalize it all.

She didn’t spend thanksgiving with her mom this year. And honestly, adult children don’t always come home for holidays. I have a friend who decided she wanted to go on vacation this year.

Excellent! I like that she's going home for a few days, as she should. Good for her!

Where did you read this statement? I'd like to read it.

KP said she’ll do some traveling to see family and friends in the coming months. Nothing about the next couple months or Christmas.

Not really a surprise to me, as I always thought there was chance she would spend Christmas with Harry in the UK. They are newly engaged and likely think it's best for Meghan to become settled and comfortable in her new life and routine. I'm honestly confused as to why some think this is the holiday she just has to spend with her mom. They've had plenty of holidays together and once Meghan and Harry are settled, mom will be able to share more holidays with her daughter. Plus, it seems her and Harry will be spending time with her mom in the new year. This all makes sense to me.

It's not as if her mom has no family and friends of her own. If these recent pics confirm one thing, it's that mom has plenty of family. ;)

Sandringham isn’t as large as people tend to think, and is fairly full of guests for Christmas, as most of the Queen’s family is in attendance. The rule there is that Christmas is just for family, no boyfriends/girlfriends, no in-laws, no friends. In the past we haven’t even seen the fiancés/fiancées at Christmas.

Now, whether or not Kate, Mike, and Autumn were invited the year they were engaged we can’t actually say... we know none of them attended Christmas at Sandringham, but we don’t know that they didn’t have the option. T Cambridge, Tindalls, and Phillips don’t spend every Christmas at Sandringham, so it may just be that that year they chose not to. .

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom