The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 05-14-2018, 03:16 AM
Super Moderator

Time to move on from the discussion of interaction between royalty and staff - we have other threads to discuss protocols etc. Let's stick to general news here - thanks.

Old 05-14-2018, 08:00 AM
Administrator
Blog Editor
Royal Blogger

Just a reminder - discussion about the Markle family is off-topic for this thread. Posts will be removed accordingly.

Old 05-14-2018, 06:56 PM
Imperial Majesty

More Meghans Mirror

A #RoyalTour! The palace has confirmed suspicions that Harry and #MeghanMarkle will travel to Australia, Fiji, Tonga and New Zealand in the fall.Meghans Mirror added,
Old 05-14-2018, 08:04 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pranter View Post
More Meghans Mirror

A #RoyalTour! The palace has confirmed suspicions that Harry and #MeghanMarkle will travel to Australia, Fiji, Tonga and New Zealand in the fall.Meghans Mirror added,
Wow, that's a lot!
Old 05-14-2018, 08:12 PM
Royal Highness

Looking forward to the royal tour!!
Old 05-14-2018, 08:26 PM
Royal Highness

Did KP say how long the tour would be? This is such good news and a positive step forward for both of them. I will be very excited to see all that goes on down under and the food must be out of this world.....lobster anyone!
Old 05-14-2018, 08:39 PM
Imperial Majesty

Nope...I just caught that earlier...the Tom Markle situation has over shadowed everything else.

LaRae
Old 05-14-2018, 09:07 PM
Majesty

Kensington Palace have not mentioned anything about a tour. I think this info has come from Australian breakfast TV, and the source is Robert Jobson.

There's been speculation about H&M extending their time re Invictus Games in Aus into a tour but nothing official been said yet. No UK media has mentioned it.

But there is always tomorrow (by which I mean the 15th)

This precious stone set in the silver sea,......
This blessed plot, this earth, this realm, this England,
Old 05-14-2018, 09:13 PM
Heir Presumptive

Yeah I wonder if he broke an embargo. This has been happening a bit these days.
Old 05-14-2018, 09:21 PM
Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by ACO View Post
Yeah I wonder if he broke an embargo. This has been happening a bit these days.
Or someone who knows because of the Australian part has leaked it to him.

Old 05-14-2018, 09:32 PM
Royal Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by cepe View Post
Kensington Palace have not mentioned anything about a tour. I think this info has come from Australian breakfast TV, and the source is Robert Jobson.

There's been speculation about H&M extending their time re Invictus Games in Aus into a tour but nothing official been said yet. No UK media has mentioned it.

Thank you for the correct info Cepe, my mistake for I thought it came from KP. If there is a tour while there for the games then that makes it more exciting then ever for them and us here.....
Old 05-14-2018, 09:37 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by cepe View Post

I thought the story was Eugenie couldn't have her wedding in September like she wanted because Harry & Meghan would be doing an overseas tour in September so her wedding is October 12? Invictus Games are October 20-27, so if they are doing a tour after the games that runs into early November
Old 05-14-2018, 09:47 PM
Majesty

Robert Jobson is usually a good source and all this might be true. I just wanted to let you all know nothing official yet.

There's many rumours - yesterday I saw a couple mentioning Netherlands and Dublin (separate visits obv).

IT will be exciting seeing them out and about, esp on a tour.

Old 05-14-2018, 09:49 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by O-H Anglophile View Post
I thought the story was Eugenie couldn't have her wedding in September like she wanted because Harry & Meghan would be doing an overseas tour in September so her wedding is October 12? Invictus Games are October 20-27, so if they are doing a tour after the games that runs into early November
There was never confirmation that Eugenie can't have her wedding in September because of Meghan and Harry. Jack's family said September was out, but the reason wasn't provided. The press speculated it could be Harry and Meghan, but the reality is HMQ is at Balmoral until early October.
Old 05-14-2018, 09:51 PM
Majesty

Yes, the Queen's holiday at Balmoral is inviolate! I think the family automatically crosses out August and September for weddings.

Take a look at what NBC and the Today Show have built on top of a hotel in Windsor in order to get good views of the carriage ride on the 19th!

https://mobile.twitter.com/chrisship...7Ctwgr%5Etweet
Old 05-17-2018, 07:28 PM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sun Lion View Post
Photos from the wedding rehearsal -

Meghan Markle, Prince Harry look relaxed as they leave Windsor Castle | Daily Mail Online

Meghan has spoken, saying her father wil not be at the wedding.

Charles and Camilla have had tea with Meghan's mother, who has now also met William, Catherine and the children.

Ms Ragland is currently staying at Kensington Palace and is due to met the Queen with Harry and Meghan.

(Sorry if this has already been posted - couldn't see it anywhere.)
Is that a beagle I see in the Land Rover in this clip? It looks as if the little guy is the only passenger riding in the back.

http://video.dailymail.co.uk/preview...3355582913.mp4
Old 05-17-2018, 07:33 PM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Missy- View Post
Is that a beagle I see in the Land Rover in this clip? It looks as if the little guy is the only passenger riding in the back.

Definitely a beagle or beagle-adjacent dog. Whose car is that?
Old 05-17-2018, 07:37 PM
Aristocracy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Curbside View Post
I don't know whose car it is, but I do know Meghan's dog Guy is a beagle. Maybe it's him?
Old 05-17-2018, 07:39 PM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Curbside View Post
OMG is Guy going to be in the ceremony?

The clip was from the DM article Sun Lion posted, it was titled 'The Queen is seen driving to Windsor ahead of the royal wedding'.

I don't think it looks very much like Guy, does HM own beagles?
Old 05-17-2018, 07:39 PM
Imperial Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Missy- View Post

Yes it is The elusive Guy seems to be making an appearance. Havent seen him since his big move

Well I assume its Guy. Not sure any other dog (at least not a beagle, maybe a dorgi) would be getting such royal treatment.

Quote:
OMG is Guy going to be in the ceremony?

The clip was from the DM article Sun Lion posted, it was titled 'The Queen is seen driving to Windsor ahead of the royal wedding'.

I don't think it looks very much like Guy, does HM own beagles?
No, the queen only has 2 dogs left, her dorgis. I don't believe any royal, except soon to be Meghan, owns a beagle.

But I doubt Guy is going to be in the wedding. Don't think it would be allowed. Might just be keeping mum company when she is in Windsor this weekend.

Closed Thread