The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 04-27-2018, 09:57 AM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by jacqui24 View Post
Busy news day on the royal front.

Prince Harry's private secretary, Edward Lane Fox, will be leaving his post in the summer after five years. Samantha Cohen, HMQ's assistant private secretary, will serve as interim private secretary.

For some reason, I thought Samantha Cohen's name was familiar. Wasn't she involved in some of the drama that went on behind the scenes or something?
It was expected that ELF was leaving. Nice surprise that Samantha is taking over for now. And yes she resigned last year after Sir Christopher Geidt did. Glad to see her back in the fold.

Old 04-27-2018, 10:00 AM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by ACO View Post
It was expected that ELF was leaving. Nice surprise that Samantha is taking over for now. And yes she resigned last year after Sir Christopher Geidt did. Glad to see her back in the fold.
I always get the giggles when they use ELF. But there goes the palace intrigue stories the media tried to spin. I'm glad that someone with this much experience at HMQ's office is joining Harry's private office, albeit temporarily. I'm sure after a number of years, they'd like to branch out. My understanding is that serving in the royal household is more of a honor as it doesn't seem to pay very well.

I wonder if this is what Omid and Emily was speaking about when they said they can't talk about something that they had a briefing about at BP?

Old 04-27-2018, 10:43 AM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by jacqui24 View Post
I always get the giggles when they use ELF. But there goes the palace intrigue stories the media tried to spin. I'm glad that someone with this much experience at HMQ's office is joining Harry's private office, albeit temporarily. I'm sure after a number of years, they'd like to branch out. My understanding is that serving in the royal household is more of a honor as it doesn't seem to pay very well.

I wonder if this is what Omid and Emily was speaking about when they said they can't talk about something that they had a briefing about at BP?
No, they addressed what it was on a subsequent podcast. The briefing was about the Queen's television special with Sir Attenborough.
Old 04-27-2018, 02:56 PM
Majesty

From Patrick Adams Instagram

Never before seen pictures of Meghan Markle on set of Suits | Daily Mail Online
Old 04-27-2018, 02:57 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rudolph View Post
These pictures have been around forever, so no they aren't never before seen. In fact, they've been seen in DF before.
Old 04-27-2018, 06:28 PM
Super Moderator

Please note that the http://www.theroyalforums.com/forums...und-43856.html thread has now been re-opened. Accordingly, a number of recent posts in this thread have been moved there. Posts relating to the wedding have been moved to the Harry and Meghan: Wedding Suggestions and Musings thread.
Old 04-28-2018, 03:42 AM
Super Moderator

Posts relating to news coverage of the Royal Wedding have obviously been moved to the Harry and Meghan: Wedding Suggestions and Musings - The Royal Forums thread since THIS thread is about General news for Harry and Meghan.
Old 04-30-2018, 07:57 PM
Majesty

Apparently Harry’s beard is now less rugged and more metrosexual as part of his pre wedding makeover. Plus he’s traded the army gym for a yoga mat.

Harry drops Bachelor diet under the influence of Meghan | Daily Mail Online
Old 04-30-2018, 08:10 PM
Serene Highness

Oh good lord. The DM and their agenda couldn't be more obvious. The "Meghan is a controlling shrew" and Harry the dolt narrative is all about casting this relationship in a bad light. The tone in the article is dripping with derision.

1) The DM ran an article about three years ago about how Harry was getting healthier and going to the gym more and gave up "chicken nuggets" so this this predates Meghan.

2) Harry is at the age that folks begin to make lifestyle changes as their body changes and such. Harry has been steadily losing weight for a while now. I would hope he isn't doing the same unhealthy things he did in his 20s now. He also has back issues, which yoga is good for (if he is doing that).

3)IMO, Harry looks healthier now than he has in a long time. Happiness is catching like that!

If Harry is following a new diet, maybe he is doing it on his own because he wants to or for health reasons? Not everything has to be about controlling and evil Meghan, DM.

And plenty of folks quit a bad habit like smoking for their spouse. Michelle Obama made POTUS Obama quit after he got in the WH.

The DM is pushing a common narrative with confident and strong women and their partners where they try to make the men look wimpy or whatever or that a man having the audacity to change his life for his partner is bad. Misogynistic trash all of it.
Old 04-30-2018, 08:16 PM
Courtier

Harry looks great, happy and ready to get married. Also he has always belonged to the same gym pre-Meghan.

Meghan does not just eat kale and quinoa but also meat. She is not a vegan. Her IG account featured lots of food. She has stated she believes in a balanced diet.

Daily Fail FAILS AGAIN.
Old 04-30-2018, 08:34 PM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Apparently Harry’s beard is now less rugged and more metrosexual as part of his pre wedding makeover. Plus he’s traded the army gym for a yoga mat.

Whatever he doing, it is working. He looks great.
Old 04-30-2018, 08:35 PM
Courtier

Meghan herself professes to be a foodie, who follows a balanced, healthy diet plan, so it wouldn't be a stretch to see Harry changing his food habits. My husband changed his as we grew closer, it most certainly doesn't make him weak or me controlling. The Daily Fail is just up to it's usual antics.

Be a good person.
Old 04-30-2018, 10:32 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:

What a load of crap
Old 05-01-2018, 12:02 AM
Courtier

There won't be any new appearances for the next few weeks, so they need new ways to sell their content and keep their advertisers happy. Expect more silly stories like this one in the coming weeks.
Old 05-01-2018, 12:12 AM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Britters View Post
Meghan herself professes to be a foodie, who follows a balanced, healthy diet plan, so it wouldn't be a stretch to see Harry changing his food habits. My husband changed his as we grew closer, it most certainly doesn't make him weak or me controlling. The Daily Fail is just up to it's usual antics.
Exactly, sometimes certain things change not because one party is "making" the other one. Everyone involved is an adult and can make their own decisions. Of course, if Meghan is doing the cooking primarily, it's likely that Harry's diet would change somewhat, but I'm sure if there is something he absolutely hates, Meghan would make some accommodation. Just like if there is something he absolutely love, I'm sure she'll take that into account. And vice versa. How do I know this? Because that's how adult relationships work.
Old 05-01-2018, 11:24 AM
Courtier

Harry is in his thirties, the majority of his friends are married with children. They want him out getting drunk alone? He has grown up and it was before he even met Meghan. I guess they want him to remain a manchild going out partying and binging like he did when he was 20.
Old 05-01-2018, 02:50 PM
Imperial Majesty

Location: On the west side of North up from Back, United States
I know from experience that when one is single and living alone, its not that conductive to cooking up a lot of food and so much easier to just pop out for a burger or pizza. Eating for one changes to eating for two and enjoying a meal together is more conductive to want to cook real meals, shop for ingredients and even actually set a table for dinner.

This is a couple that said they got engaged formally with the ring and all while cooking a roast chicken for dinner. They're in the kitchen preparing food together which is a whole lot more fun when you have someone to do it with sometimes. Meghan had already put her thoughts and energies into what she eats. Harry, most likely probably not. Getting to know Meghan drew Harry to wanting to share what she knows and likes about food and they explore it together. Its a process.

I like Harry's new look. He's slimmer, he's refined and looks very, very good. Love does a body good.
No law can be sacred to me but that of my nature. Good and bad are but names very readily transferable to that or this; the only right is what is after my constitution, the only wrong what is against it.

~~~Ralph Waldo Emerson~~~
Old 05-02-2018, 02:26 AM
Serene Highness

well, judging from William’s comment after the announcement of the engagement that perhaps Harry would stop raiding his frig., I suspect that a good deal of Harry’s popping out for pizza or whatever may have been popping over to his brother’s for leftovers
Old 05-02-2018, 02:33 AM
Majesty

I think that 'raiding the fridge' remark of William's (originally from a couple of years ago) was just a joke. The Cambridges have lived mostly at Anmer for the last few years. Norfolk's rather a long way to drive for some leftovers.
Old 05-02-2018, 05:17 AM
Courtier

This is mostly about Harry and Meghan so I’ll just post it here.

https://www.nytimes.com/2018/05/01/w...imes&smtyp=cur

Closed Thread