The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 04-17-2018, 08:01 AM
Heir Presumptive

If you believe no animal should ever be killed for any reason not just food itís really strict. Thatís why being a vegan Is really hard no way could I ever do it
But itís nothing like eating Greek food etc

Old 04-17-2018, 08:05 AM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by royal rob View Post
Itís a complete way of life not a type of food
Like many words, it has more than one meaning. One is a way of life, yes, but the other totally valid definition is the food eaten by people who live that way of life.

Old 04-17-2018, 08:09 AM
Heir Presumptive

Ms Markle's diet [or anybody's but my own] is of NO interest to me or any business of mine..
Old 04-17-2018, 08:11 AM
Heir Presumptive

Prince Harry and Meghan Markle, General News Part 1: November 2017 -

As I have said before I have a family member who has a vegan cafe and lives a vegan life itís very trendy to say oh Iím vegan another thing to live it no part or by product of any animal to be used by people.vegan is different to vegetarian
Old 04-17-2018, 08:18 AM
Imperial Majesty

Location: On the west side of North up from Back, United States
The thing is that there are a lot of restaurants that have vegan items on the menu. I can walk in and have a burger and fries or I could opt out for a vegan meal if I choose to. This is what I believe Meghan was referring to. She eats food prepared in the vegan way sometimes.
No law can be sacred to me but that of my nature. Good and bad are but names very readily transferable to that or this; the only right is what is after my constitution, the only wrong what is against it.

~~~Ralph Waldo Emerson~~~
Old 04-17-2018, 08:27 AM
Heir Presumptive

Prince Harry and Meghan Markle, General News Part 1: November 2017 -

Doesnít work that way you might have vegetarian food but you canít prepare vegan in the same way. No way could you have vegan food in a kitchen were there was a hamburger being cooked As I have said itís a whole life style but very trendy to say your vegan.
Old 04-17-2018, 08:37 AM
Imperial Majesty

Location: On the west side of North up from Back, United States
Quote:
Doesn’t work that way you might have vegetarian food but you can’t prepare vegan in the same way. No way could you have vegan food in a kitchen were there was a hamburger being cooked As I have said it’s a whole life style but very trendy to say your vegan.
Maybe its different in Australia. Here in the US, Burger King fries are vegan and many restaurants offer vegan items.

For example:

20 Meatless and All-Vegan Options You Can Find at Popular Fast Food Chains - One Green PlanetOne Green Planet

Come to think of it, if you were to go to your family member that is vegan's home for dinner, you would eat vegan food. Then perhaps the next night out with a friend, you'd have a burger. You'd be able to say you ate vegan one night that week. This is all that Meghan was stating. Nothing more, nothing less.

Anyways.. we're getting sidetracked here... back to Harry and Meghan.
No law can be sacred to me but that of my nature. Good and bad are but names very readily transferable to that or this; the only right is what is after my constitution, the only wrong what is against it.

~~~Ralph Waldo Emerson~~~
Old 04-17-2018, 08:43 AM
Courtier

Quote:
If you believe no animal should ever be killed for any reason not just food itís really strict. Thatís why being a vegan Is really hard no way could I ever do it
But itís nothing like eating Greek food etc

The people I know who are vegan, itís all about health reasons, has nothing to do with animal rights issues. But for some people- I know that is the reason behind it.

But- it is definitely a lifestyle choice. I couldnít do it. Nor do I see a need to.
Old 04-17-2018, 09:37 AM
Heir Apparent

How in the world is this vegan thing being debated again? I think we've gone through that several times already.
Old 04-17-2018, 09:58 AM
Courtier

I will sometimes say that I eat a mostly vegan diet. I heard many people say that. It just means that I try to eat a mostly plant based diet. That is ALL Meghan is saying.

As someone else said, vegan is also a word the describes certain food, not just a word for a lifestyle.
Old 04-17-2018, 10:13 AM
Super Moderator
Picture of the Week Coordinator

Let’s move on from the vegan debate, please.
Old 04-18-2018, 04:23 AM
Administrator
Blog Editor
Royal Blogger

Posts about the couple's upcoming engagements have been moved to the http://www.theroyalforums.com/forums...7-a-43860.html thread.

Please remember that the current events thread is to be used for official engagements, the general news thread is for unofficial sightings and 'other' news reports.
Old 04-19-2018, 09:54 AM
Serene Highness

Harry and Meghan have made 2018 Times 100 Most Influential People List

Priyanka Chopra on Meghan Markle: http://time.com/collection/most-infl...alflow_twitter

Elton John on Prince Harry: http://time.com/collection/most-infl...alflow_twitter

Magazine spread: https://twitter.com/SPerryPeoplemag/...57867239530497
Old 04-19-2018, 10:13 AM
Heir Apparent

Wow! Very interesting. Thanks for posting.
Old 04-19-2018, 10:26 AM
Serene Highness

Meghan also made People Magazine's Most Beautiful List
Old 04-19-2018, 09:28 PM
Royal Highness

Harry is on the list as well (with a profile by Elton John).
Old 04-19-2018, 10:25 PM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Curbside View Post
Meghan Markle Is on the 2018 TIME 100 List | Time.com

Meghan Markle has been named one of Time magazine's 100 most influential people of 2018.
Oh for the love of Pete, what has she influenced? Handbag and fan magazine sales?
Old 04-19-2018, 11:25 PM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Missy- View Post
Oh for the love of Pete, what has she influenced? Handbag and fan magazine sales?
It is no surprise she (and Harry) made it. In 2011, William and Kate (as a couple) were included on the list as well. I do like they were picked individually and whether one agrees or not, they are pretty influential. I don't care for everyone on the list (Trump, for example) but I can't deny their influence and reach. Good or bad.
Old 04-19-2018, 11:40 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Missy- View Post
Actually, Meghan has always discussed how important the issues to choose to advocate for is to her personally. And encouraged her fans to find their passion and do whatever we can to make this world a slightly better place. They’ve met a lot of youth leaders that have influenced their own community since their engagement, but quite frankly, Meghan has done the same as they have before in her own way however much she can. From when she was a child by writing to change a sexist commercial and volunteering in soup kitchens, to when she was actress by speaking up to encourage female leaders and highlighting issues that deter women advancement whether it be availability of drinking water or menstration pads. None of which she was obligated to do or will be criticized for not doing. Now she has a much bigger platform to speak up for the issues she wants to highlight.
Old 04-20-2018, 12:02 AM
Heir Apparent

Meghan in one impressive woman. Amazing really. Unique. Worthy of being noted individually.