The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 11-29-2017, 01:39 AM
Aristocracy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moonmaiden23 View Post
Last summer there were several photos in the Daily Fail of Meghan taking Bogart to his veterinarian appointments. My hunch is that poor Bogie is not in the best of health, and a move to a new climate and country followed by six months in quarantine would be too much for him.

If Meghan is anything like me, being separated from her pet must be breaking her heart but she has the comfort of knowing that he is not stressed and is being cared for.

The U.K. no longer has quarantine requirements- hasn’t had them for several years now- unless for super extreme cases, and even than it’s not 6 months (i son’t think it even was before, maybe a long, long, time ago). There is a protocol for importing pets into the U.K., and it is a super easy one when one comes from a commonwealth country. (Or the EU or the USA).
He would have had to have been truly, seriously sick, with a contagious illness, to not be importable at all!. There’s a couple of illnesses I can think of and trust me if he had those he would be dead already or about to the die very soon he would have been better off being put down.

Look I understand not wanting to relocate with a sick pet- I just did that myself relocating with a cancer sick cat, I had no choice or we would have stayed in the US longer.
I do think, that if this was a human child there would be people with those large forks things (the ones you see mobs in movies carry) outside of the palace.

So yes, I think providing a proper explanation during the interview “sadly I had to make the hard decision of rehoming bogart, he has (enter health issue name) and the vet professional advice was that he will likely won’t survive the stress of the flight and the move.

Thing is having knowledge about relocating with pets, and knowing this woman obviously have means (as she flew to the U.K. again and again for the last year, which probably cost her a lot of money) she could have found a way. Such as a charter jet, where bogart would not have had to be in a closed cage for the duration of the flight, quarantine is not needed - as she is coming from Canada- She could have gone with him on the plane, which would have reduced his stress. Could have brought a vet (there are companies who specialize in relocating pets, and have vets who can travel with the pet. I’ve seen owners of very sick pets go that route, and not all of them have the same means as Meghan does).

Like someone said: she chose to put the dogs on a public stage when she posted pictures of them and talked of them. She could have made the decision to avoid the dogs question- because I am sure they vetted the questions before hand- by asking it not be asked about them.
She aloowed the question to be asked, and provided a lacking answer, so lacking they had to dispatch the KP pr team to provide an answer.

Old 11-29-2017, 01:41 AM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Countessmeout View Post
Dogs are a lot like humans, they have personalities. They don't just get along with everyone, human or dog. He may get on greatly with Lupo, or maybe he will have a playdate with Camilla's dogs. But Meghan definitely needs to keep an eye on him. Depression is a concern with dogs. Going to Nottingham may not be a full time job but it will be full days gone. It will be an adjustment to the puppy, being away from not only her, but his usual dog walker, and his companion dog. He isn't used to being alone in the home, being the only pet.
Iím sure Meghan, as a long time dog owner, understands she needs to pay extra attention to Guy. As she has already said in the interview, he has been in U.K. for awhile now and is adjusting well. Camilla Tominey in her reporting this pst Sunday mentioned that her dogís form 3 was filled out early in the summer. So itís safe to assume Guy has probably spent some one on one boys time with Harry while Meghan was filming and traveling between London and Toronto.

Old 11-29-2017, 01:45 AM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by evolvingdoors View Post
The U.K. no longer has quarantine requirements- hasn’t had them for several years now. There is a protocol for importing pets into the U.K., and it is a super easy one when one comes from a commonwealth country. (Or the EU or the USA)

Look I understand not wanting to relocate with a sick pet- I just did that myself relocating with a cancer sick cat, I had no choice or we would have stayed in the US longer.
I do think, that if this was a human child there would be people with those large forks things (the ones you see mobs in movies carry) outside of the palace.

So yes, I think providing a proper explanation during the interview “sadly I had to make the hard decision of rehoming bogart, he has (enter health issue name) and the vet professional advice was that he will likely won’t survive the stress of the flight and the move.

Thing is having knowledge about relocating with pets, and knowing this woman obviously have means (as she flew to the U.K. again and again for the last year, which probably cost her a lot of money) she could have found a way. Such as a charter jet, where bogart would not have had to be in a closed cage for the duration of the flight, quarantine is not needed - as she is coming from Canada- She could have gone with him on the plane, which would have reduced his stress. Could have brought a vet (there are companies who specialize in relocating pets, and have vets who can travel with the pet. I’ve seen owners of very sick pets go that route, and not all of them have the same means as Meghan does).

Like someone said: she chose to put the dogs on a public stage when she posted pictures of them and talked of them. She could have made the decision to avoid the dogs question- because I am sure they vetted the questions before hand- by asking it not be asked about them.
She aloowed the question to be asked, and provided a lacking answer, so lacking they had to dispatch the KP pr team to provide an answer.
Just because she shared some information with us doesn’t mean it gives the public the right to interrogate her on sensitive and emotional matter such as this. She gave a brief answer when asked directly about her dogs and wish to move ion from the topic. Jason Knauf gave a slight more clarification This afternoon that Meghan meant it was a permenant situation since there were confusion from her comment about if it’s just for now or for good.

And how deeply should answer be? Should she be giving us details of Bogart’s medical condition? Have you thought maybe this is still a sore subject for her even though it’s the best decision for him? Should she give us the name of the person that took Bogart in, so people can go do a home check and make sure she picked a good family? Have you thought maybe she’d like to protect the privacy of friends who took Bogart in? Where is the line drawn? Did we go ask the Queen’s spokesperson when one her Corgi passed about why it passed? After all, we’ve seen pictures of them.

If a doctor told you your dog has 50/50 chance of surviving a long flight, but could have a decent life for a few more years if not moving, would you still do it? Some can argue that’d be quite selfish to risk it if a good alternative can be found. Of course the situation is different with actual human children as you can’t rehome them. What a ridiculous comparison. And this is someone who loves dogs and grew up with them.
Old 11-29-2017, 02:08 AM
Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by jacqui24 View Post
Iím sure Meghan, as a long time dog owner, understands she needs to pay extra attention to Guy. As she has already said in the interview, he has been in U.K. for awhile now and is adjusting well. Camilla Tominey in her reporting this pst Sunday mentioned that her dogís form 3 was filled out early in the summer. So itís safe to assume Guy has probably spent some one on one boys time with Harry while Meghan was filming and traveling between London and Toronto.
Just because she filed the passport papers in the summer doesn't mean he has been in the UK since this summer. But yes, I am sure he has had some bonding time with Harry.

But even first time pet owners experience new things. As far as we know she has never helped a dog through separation. Guy was her second dog, he has never been the solo dog. But definitely happy to hear he is adjusting well.
Old 11-29-2017, 02:16 AM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Just because she filed the passport papers in the summer doesn't mean he has been in the UK since this summer. But yes, I am sure he has had some bonding time with Harry.

But even first time pet owners experience new things. As far as we know she has never helped a dog through separation. Guy was her second dog, he has never been the solo dog. But definitely happy to hear he is adjusting well.
I didn’t say he’s been in U.K. since Summer, just that it’s consistent with the comment Meghan gave about Guy being in U.K. for awhile.

Honestly, I get we have people that love pets here, as I do. But I honestly don’t see the benefit of keep going on and on and how she should deal with her dog. She’s had them for a number of years, they are still alive and seemingly ok. She’ll figure it out and deal with things her own way.
Old 11-29-2017, 02:30 AM
Imperial Majesty

Location: On the west side of North up from Back, United States
Blast from the Past

Ok. So its a night I'm not overly anxious to meet my pillows. On a hunch, I went back through old threads and found this post dated Valentine's Day, 2016.

Royal dogs have always been somewhat of interest around here and looking at this old post I wrote, I had to laugh as it actually happened. Less than two years later, we're talking about Harry bonding at home with a dog. The dog just happened to be very nicely attached to the perfect woman for him.

"I still think Harry needs to get himself a dog. Over the years, Lupo has generated quite a bit of interest from the media starting with the big "secret" of what the Cambridges' puppy's name is.

But who knows? Maybe he's got himself a wonderful four legged best friend and is keeping it under the radar too. I think it was when he came back from Afghanistan for the second tour that he said keeping things under the radar was going to be his goal. Maybe he's doing an excellent job of it so far and the public sees only what he wishes them to see. That takes talent, cunning and strategy which I believe Harry has a lot of."
No law can be sacred to me but that of my nature. Good and bad are but names very readily transferable to that or this; the only right is what is after my constitution, the only wrong what is against it.

~~~Ralph Waldo Emerson~~~
Old 11-29-2017, 02:55 AM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Just because she shared some information with us doesnít mean it gives the public the right to interrogate her on sensitive and emotional matter such as this. She gave a brief answer when asked directly about her dogs and wish to move ion from the topic. Jason Knauf gave a slight more clarification This afternoon that Meghan meant it was a permenant situation since there were confusion from her comment about if itís just for now or for good.

And how deeply should answer be? Should she be giving us details of Bogartís medical condition? Have you thought maybe this is still a sore subject for her even though itís the best decision for him? Should she give us the name of the person that took Bogart in, so people can go do a home check and make sure she picked a good family? Have you thought maybe sheíd like to protect the privacy of friends who took Bogart in? Where is the line drawn? Did we go ask the Queenís spokesperson when one her Corgi passed about why it passed? After all, weíve seen pictures of them.

If a doctor told you your dog has 50/50 chance of surviving a long flight, but could have a decent life for a few more years if not moving, would you still do it? Some can argue thatíd be quite selfish to risk it if a good alternative can be found. Of course the situation is different with actual human children as you canít rehome them. What a ridiculous comparison. And this is someone who loves dogs and grew up with them.
I completely agree.

I get that people love dogs, and want what's best for them. My personal annoyance comes from people acting like they're owed an explanation, by Meghan personally, why Bogart didn't move to UK with her. Most likely her choice to leave Bogart in a good, loving home, instead of moving him to UK, is what's best for Bogart. Even after posting pictures of the dogs on her ig, she owes us no extra info about them, except what she decides to share.

I also saw some comment elsewhere, that Meghan should've said who introduced her and Harry, or they shouldn't have mentioned them at all. That's just crazy. She and Harry are the ones to decide how much of their life they share with the public, and what's not going to be shared. Despite the fact, that she's becoming part of the royal family, and despite the fact, that they shared SOME info. They're the ones in the driver's seat about that, not the public.
Old 11-29-2017, 03:21 AM
Royal Highness

Quote:
The U.K. no longer has quarantine requirements- hasnít had them for several years now- unless for super extreme cases, and even than itís not 6 months (i sonít think it even was before, maybe a long, long, time ago). There is a protocol for importing pets into the U.K., and it is a super easy one when one comes from a commonwealth country. (Or the EU or the USA).
He would have had to have been truly, seriously sick, with a contagious illness, to not be importable at all!. Thereís a couple of illnesses I can think of and trust me if he had those he would be dead already or about to the die very soon he would have been better off being put down.

So yes, I think providing a proper explanation during the interview ďsadly I had to make the hard decision of rehoming bogart, he has (enter health issue name) and the vet professional advice was that he will likely wonít survive the stress of the flight and the move.

Thing is having knowledge about relocating with pets, and knowing this woman obviously have means (as she flew to the U.K. again and again for the last year, which probably cost her a lot of money) she could have found a way. Such as a charter jet, where bogart would not have had to be in a closed cage for the duration of the flight, quarantine is not needed - as she is coming from Canada- She could have gone with him on the plane, which would have reduced his stress. Could have brought a vet (there are companies who specialize in relocating pets, and have vets who can travel with the pet. Iíve seen owners of very sick pets go that route, and not all of them have the same means as Meghan does).

Brilliant and you are right about everything.........being a huge dog/animal lover myself I am aware of how my dogs have suffered at the hands of others and what it takes to bring them back to a normal life. Dog are like small children, the want the same thing each day, home with family, food and plenty of love and toys, the same routine day in and day out, I am sure Bogart is in a great home yet that will never take the place of his home or mom and the same with Guy. Here is hoping for the very best of these 2 dogs and Meghan who new life will surly keep her very busy for quite a long time.
Old 11-29-2017, 03:33 AM
Aristocracy

Quote:
Originally Posted by M. Payton View Post
Brilliant and you are right about everything.........being a huge dog/animal lover myself I am aware of how my dogs have suffered at the hands of others and what it takes to bring them back to a normal life. Dog are like small children, the want the same thing each day, home with family, food and plenty of love and toys, the same routine day in and day out, I am sure Bogart is in a great home yet that will never take the place of his home or mom and the same with Guy. Here is hoping for the very best of these 2 dogs and Meghan who new life will surly keep her very busy for quite a long time.
thanks!
I have a guess on why bogart did not join her to live with Harry. Itís a hunch, and my hunches in matters of pets tend to be on point.
Old 11-29-2017, 03:39 AM
Majesty

And what is that hunch? That Meghan just couldn't be bothered? Or ....?

Perhaps you could write to Meghan and ask her for a full explanation!
Old 11-29-2017, 03:40 AM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
French is not that common except in Quebec. But I have heard 'ahnt' pronunciation in Canada plenty.
Nearly a third of the population of New Brunswick speaks French and French is also pretty common in eastern Ontario,, closer to the Quebec border and in and around Ottawa . There is an extensŪvel network of French-speaking public schools in Ontario to cater for the French-speaking minority.

Having said that, i don't think her pronunciation of aunt has anything to do with French , nor does it come from Pennsylvania where the pronunciation of English, at least in western PA, is pretty standard Midwestern / General American.
Old 11-29-2017, 03:42 AM
Serene Highness

Quote:
thanks!
I have a guess on why bogart did not join her to live with Harry. Itís a hunch, and my hunches in matters of pets tend to be on point.
And what is that hunch?

As for Meghan's pronunciation of aunt. I think she could've easily picked some of Harry's pronunciation, the word came up talking about his aunts, so she could've even unconsciously picked it on that subject. Accents and dialects and pronunciations aren't iron clad, they change for every person all the time depending of their logistics. I'm thinking, that Meghan will pick a lot more British pronouncing of words, as she's in other ways in a learning mode any way, learning about UK, for the citizenship tests, about the firm, patronages, people etc. She'll easily pick up accents and words too.
Old 11-29-2017, 03:47 AM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cocoasneeze View Post
And what is that hunch?
Bogart doesn't like Harry? Bogart doesn't travel well? he's elderly, in poor health, is set in his way and unlikely to be abel to move well?
Old 11-29-2017, 06:06 AM
Royal Highness

No need to be nasty about it.....
Old 11-29-2017, 06:39 AM
Courtier

Quote:
I didnít say heís been in U.K. since Summer, just that itís consistent with the comment Meghan gave about Guy being in U.K. for awhile.

Honestly, I get we have people that love pets here, as I do. But I honestly donít see the benefit of keep going on and on and how she should deal with her dog. Sheís had them for a number of years, they are still alive and seemingly ok. Sheíll figure it out and deal with things her own way.
Amen! This topic has seriously gotten out of hand. She doesnít ďoweĒ anyone explainations regarding her decisions for the care of her pets simply because she shared pictures on social media.
Old 11-29-2017, 06:42 AM
Imperial Majesty

Seems to me folks are being nasty in their assumptions that Meghan has just abandoned her dog. Perhaps folks ought not assume the worst.

Ultimately it's none of our business. Because she's a public figure and has posted her dogs online (who hasn't. I've got a pic of my dog in my profile and on FB) doesn't mean the public has the right to know or tell a person what to do when it comes to their care, which none of us/you can possibly know about all the details about a certain animal.

Whatever the reason he was unable to make the trip, it's her decision and there's no reason to think she's doing anything but her best for the dog as opposed to her personal wants as his owner.

Geez people enough already. How many pages do we need to go on about her dog?

LaRae
Old 11-29-2017, 07:56 AM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Denville View Post
Bogart doesn't like Harry? Bogart doesn't travel well? he's elderly, in poor health, is set in his way and unlikely to be abel to move well?
He could also have one of the infections that would keep him out of the UK. I did try looking up what a pet Passport was, how long quarantine was etc. I quickly understood why people hire someone to handle this for them.

I've known animal rights activists/lovers that made this kind of tough choice. And it was always in the Dog's best interest rather than their own. I trust her to be making that same kind of decision.
Old 11-29-2017, 08:03 AM
Heir Apparent

well I hope that she is a responsible pet owner and has perhaps had to make the choice of leaving him in the US or Canada.. because of illness or because he's elderly and doesnt' seem up to travel.. but it goes to show, for months people have been posting about how wonderuful she is and how she and Harry are the most perfect couple etc and now that they're engaged, people are jumping on hr over her dogs etc.
Old 11-29-2017, 08:26 AM
Imperial Majesty

I mentioned this earlier yesterday. Our son and his wife don't have children yet, they have dogs. They are always posting their dogs online. They are their babies.

Earlier this year they had to move to Germany. During the vet process their regular vet told them if they took their Puggle (they have 3 dogs) it was 50/50 he wouldn't survive the flight over. Due to his physical condition (health problems). So they found him a home with good friends who were willing to take him and people the dog knew. They took their other two dogs with them. This was not easy. They were very upset about it. However they didn't want to risk him dying going over either.

They made the best decision they could make for the dogs welfare. Now the only reason I know all this is cause I'm the mother! They did not broadcast this to social media they are on.

So instead of assuming the worst about Meghan's (or anyone's) decision let us at least in good faith assume she did the best thing for the dog's sake.

LaRae
Old 11-29-2017, 10:16 AM
Heir Presumptive

Anyone who owns dogs or is a dog lover knows how heartbreaking it is to say goodbye to them, even if it's just a short while. I can't imagine Meghan ever taking that decision lightly and she is probably still has heartache from it. I know I would.

My sister had to re-home her cat when her son was born because he turned out to be allergic. It wasn't a decision taken lightly but still broke her heart to do it.

People are again being ridiculous yet again but what is new here?

Closed Thread