Prince Harry and Meghan Markle, General News 1: November 2017 - May 2018

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
There's no way of knowing how the photos were obtained, so it's not clear that she was careless.

The photos were obviously on an internet cloud or other hackable source. They certainly didn’t get them from an USB or a hard drive from her laptop.
Sorry, I work with educating young people about this and the number of people who actually think having a simple password on an email account protects you is appalling. After all, Harry and Meghan were just at a workshop where teenagers were learning how to hack. What do they think people do with this knowledge:ermm:?
I shudder in horror when I see how much info people freely leave open online for anyone to find and misuse.

I’m actually hoping this is clever photoshopping or photos taken from her blog or social media. I refuse to look for them, so can’t say how real they look or anything.

Last edited:
:previous: We've come a long way from the days of innocence when a slimy journo slithered through the undergrowth before Prince Charles was due to visit a country home on the continent and netted themselves photos of a naked Prince Charles.

Regardless of whether folks should "know better" it is still disgusting and a crime to leak photos like this. I have not looked at them, but a friend who sent me the article did and said they were pretty tame, but also pretty clearly real or high levels of photoshop.

Kate handled her situation with such grace, but William was visibly heated. I hope Harry keeps a cool head.

Either way, I feel for Meghan and any woman, famous or not, who this happens too. I hope KP is able to shut it down very quickly before the likes of DM get on it or it spreads to other message boards.

The discussion about the wedding has been moved to the wedding thread.

Well the hackers released a video and more pictures. It is very much Meghan. The media hasn't bit on it yet and the UK tabloid have to know about it by now, so I do wonder if lawyers have warned them to steer clear of it.

The topless video isnt raunchy. Looks like her setting up a snap for her and her topless friends.

KP has probably notified the press to stay clear. To be honest there’s probably lots of this sort of thing out there.

British press certainly won’t touch it but a foreign press may.

The video isn’t fake that’s for sure. I haven’t looked at the pics to make a judgment.

The video is clear as a bell from a few feet away. It’s Meghan

Last edited:
The video is clearly Meghan. So are the pictures. Some of the pictures looked like they could have been pulled straight her from her Instagram. They are mostly tame. I don't even know if KP issued a statement to be real honest to that random site. Literally no press has covered it and I am not surprised because the pictures and videos are coming from illegal means. That would be damaging to them.

Don't think there's been an official statement from KP, but last night The Blast and Perez Hilton edited their online stories to state that a KP rep commented that the photos were fake. Who knows if they actually talked to anyone but I assume legal threat prompted the edit. I trust your assessment that it's not fake. Just feel sorry for Meghan.

Last edited:
I think folks have to stop making it seem like photos and a video like that are scandalous. None of that is a big deal.

The other photos are, in fact, fakes. Those websites like taking celeb heads and placing them on fake bodies. It’s a very silly thing.

Last edited:
Its not the nature of the photographs that is the issue but the ways and means of obtaining them. :D

It seems Meghan is another victim of the fappening which happened when celebs like Emma Watson, Scarlett Johanson etc had their iclouds hacked. I wonder if the hack happened in 2016 and not recently and perhaps these bastards realized that MM is now famous and released the pics. The people behind the fappening are not in this for money but to embarrass and demean women. They even put a bounty on Emma Watson threatening her with the release of nude pics.

Since MM is mainly setting up a pic that just features a nonscandalous back pic, I'm not sure why this is scandalous. MM can just add her name to the many nude royals.

I think folks have to stop making it seem like photos and a video like that are scandalous. None of that is a big deal.

The other photos are, in fact, fakes. Those websites like taking celeb heads and placing them on fake bodies. It’s a very silly thing.

No its not a big deal, but unfortunately Meghan is alot like Michelle Obama in that she has to be perfect. And even when she is perfect the media will deem her less than which sets up the expectation that you can't be human at all. Meghan does not have the luxury of being human when the media makes up fake controversies so the can deem her unfit.

Last edited by a moderator:
I can’t believe that anyone in the public eye would be so careless as to have photos on a hackable cloud. There have been so many scandals with this in the past few years, and one even involving Pippa. Ordinary people I know are extremely careful not to put thing on the internet, there is no excuse for a famous person. The first rule the kids in primary school IT learn is ‘NOTHING is private on the internet’.
Can’t believe their security and staff would allow this, the moment the engagement was announced a professional wipe-out should have been done:bang:. Well, I guess it’s a learning experience for them and they’re lucky it’s not worse.

Meghan is the victim of a gross breach of privacy here. Stop blaming the victim.

Know better or not, her cloud is private and hacking is illegal. Yes it's a hard lesson to learn, but she should not be shamed or heckled.

What they did is also illegal. I don't get blaming victims of such an invasion of privacy. That's the real issue, not the pictures which are really nothing to be ashamed about. Anyways I'm sure the royal lawyers are all over this. Press all but ignored it. If there were going to cover it I feel they would have by now. Who wants that legal hassle? I do feel for Meghan but she not the first royal to be violated in such a way.

I’m not blaming the victim, or shaming her or heckling her.

The reality is that nothing online is private and the only way you can protect yourself is not to put things on the internet you don’t want others to see. The fact that hacking is illegal won’t stop people from being hacked and the perpetrators are almost never caught. Unfortunately, I know people whose lives were destroyed by hackers and I take it extremely seriously. In this case I don’t even expect Meghan to know what to do, but professionals should have made sure this was not even a possibility. Cyber security should be considered as important as the RPOs she was assigned. Anything can be hacked, your phone, your sms, emails, laptop cameras, security cameras in your house…

This isn't blaming the victim but after dozens of hacks celebrities need to be smart and responsible. If a car gets stolen while parked because the doors were unlocked the owner is still a victim but also should have taken the necessary precautions.

There is a real possibility that the photos where hacked before she became engaged when MM was not that famous. After she became more famous hackers realized they had the pics and they released them. Back then Meghan was not that famous.

In one of the pictures you can clearly see the matchy bracelet she was wearing in the beginning of her relationship with Harry. I would guess these were late summer 2016 and likely most her stuff had been erased once news broke about them. But as we learn nothing is really deleted on the world wide web.

I should probably explain I don’t view hacking crimes in the same light I do someone’s house being broken into or your bag being stolen. IMO, there is no expectation of privacy on the internet, any such idea is an illusion. Every SMS, PM, phone call, email, video or anything else we post online is recorded and stored on servers all over the world. It’s just a matter of who has the access to this information and how they use it. And all this info is available to anyone with government clearance or enough money to buy what they want. So, for me, having your photos stolen from a cloud is the same as someone walking into a viper’s den and being surprised when they are bitten. The internet is not a nice, innocent place.

This is getting totally of topic, so I’ll say no more. I just hope this will be quickly resolved for Meghan’s sake.

I disagree--it is still theft.

I never said it wasn't. If you leave your bag on the bus and someone steals it, it is still theft, but it is not the same as someone breaking into your house. I had both happen to me and it definitely didn’t feel the same. This is my opinion, I’m sure others might feel differently, as is everyone’s right.

Last edited:
In one of the pictures you can clearly see the matchy bracelet she was wearing in the beginning of her relationship with Harry. I would guess these were late summer 2016 and likely most her stuff had been erased once news broke about them. But as we learn nothing is really deleted on the world wide web.

Pretty sure it's the bachelorette trip for Lindsay Jill Roth which would've been that timing...but don't quote me.

Last edited:
:previous: That sounds about right. Which is a shame for Lindsay as well. There are others in these pictures.

There is a real possibility that the photos where hacked before she became engaged when MM was not that famous. After she became more famous hackers realized they had the pics and they released them. Back then Meghan was not that famous.
But she was famous and she was a celebrity. I'm studying to be a teacher and we are told to be careful of what we post online and on clouds. I for one hate the Cloud and personally don't trust it.

At first I was surprised the Daily Mail and other tabloids didn't run the pictures but I remember the situation with Sophie. Something took a picture of some guy pulling up Sophie's bikini top and it showed a breast. The picture was sold to the Sun and it published it. The public backlash was fierce; Buckingham Palace called it deliberate cruelty; and the Sun had to print an apology to Sophie. The woman who sold the pic was outed, fired and ruined. Kate went to court over topless pictures published in a French magazine and she won her case. Established tabloids know if they publish nude pics of a current or future female Royal the Crown will come for them. Now this site with alleged Meghan pictures are threatening to release more if demands aren't met, says Perez Hilton. This goes up to the line of blackmail, even with fake pictures the intent is to damage a reputation. It's probably why KP is taking this tact.- it may be working with prosecutors to build an extortion case.

Last edited:
FYI, it was Paddington Bear not someone just resembling the bear in a red hat and blue coat. It was at a charity event at Paddington Station-- Kate danced with Paddington. It was her first event appearance after the third child announcement.

:lol: ? Thanks for the clarification/ explanation. ? By that point, Harry actually was no longer a third wheel. It's just that Meghan was still tied up with Suits filming and appearing in public was not yet a reality, although it finally happened a few weeks later at the Invictus games.

I think the below article and video explanation of the website's past activities shows that the photos and videos are most likely photoshopped copies of the hacked originals.

http://www.foxnews.com/entertainmen...inue-to-share-hacked-celebrity-nude-pics.html

Last edited by a moderator:
Well I for one support anyone who comes to the defense of what was done to Kate and I must say I like the idea of tabloid rags running scared.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom