Prince Harry and Meghan Markle, General News 1: November 2017 - May 2018

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I, for one, am not in the least surprised that Meghan has been keeping busy and jumping right into the royal business of supporting charities and people that have been affected by a dire event that changed their lives forever. She's confident, she's willing to get out there and do things rather than wait and act all "princessy" waiting for her prince to come home. She's had experience in being among people and in the limelight and she's putting her talents to good use and without wanting the attention that those visits would bring should they have been made public to begin with.

However, reading one of those "Meghan is at Princess School" where she is learning she can't "take out the trash" or "wear pants" I cringed and thought "in your dreams. Harry would not be averse to words from his female relatives, from Catherine to HM, giving her tips and showing her the ropes, I can't see him letting an Aide get anywhere near her.

... As far as the "men in the gray suits" that would "coach" Meghan, I don't see it happening. Harry has found his perfect other half that fits right in to his life just by being herself and there's no way in hell that Harry would want anyone to try and change her. She's going to do just fine just by being who she is. :D

Last edited by a moderator:
Catherine wanted to work with her friend Lady Natasha Rufus Issacs on the Blue Heart Campaign which raises awareness of human trafficking.

Blue Heart is affiliated with the UN and Catherine was told she couldn’t do it because of her position in the royal family.

Last edited:
I'm not surprised to hear that Meghan is hitting the ground running. I think it signals how serious she will be regarding her future duties. I would love it if she finds a mentor within the charity sector and has a wide variety of friends, not just the ones the tabloids report about.

Catherine wanted to work with her friend Lady Natasha Rufus Issacs on the Blue Heart Campaign which raises awareness of human trafficking.

Blue Heart is affiliated with the UN and Catherine was told she couldn’t do it because of her position in the royal family.

There's been some controversy lately with different UN policies and actions ... and non-actions. It might be too political for her to wade in and perhaps be exploited or challenged on hot-button issues.

Where did you hear this Rudolph? It sounds exactly up her street and there is nothing overtly political about the Blue Heart Campaign. Heaven knows, we need it and people like her to publically support it.

Are we sure we can trust what the DM says about anything?

Tabloids are tabloids. The DM is no more or less reliable than the Sun, Mirror or Express.

They all cite anonymous sources. Meghan visiting Grenfell Towers comes from unnamed sources with no pictures.

Yep though they named the actual foundation so they can literally call up and confirm.

Tabloids are tabloids. The DM is no more or less reliable than the Sun, Mirror or Express.

They all cite anonymous sources. Meghan visiting Grenfell Towers comes from unnamed sources with no pictures.

It’s been confirmed!

I don't see any reason to make up claims that Meghan visited certain foundation or mosque, when it can be easily checked if it's true.

Several comments about the Markle siblings have been removed - they are off-topic to this thread.

A British-funded charity supported by Meghan Markle has admitted its workers traded food and cash for sex with survivors of the devastating 2010 earthquake on Haiti.

The confession by global charity World Vision will dismay supporters, including Prince Harry’s fiancée, the charity’s ambassador until last year.

Desperate survivors of the disaster were forced by paid employees of World Vision – which received £17 million from the UK Government last year – to have sex or pay money for World Food Programme aid.
Read more : Charity backed by Meghan Markle faces food for sex scandal | Daily Mail Online

Whats this got to do with Meghan?

Nothing. It's also different entity entirely. She was with World Vision Canada. Also why they using those pictures when it's different country? SMH.

Daily Fail strikes again. It recently posted a story about Meghan having lunch with Camilla to calm her pre wedding jitters. According to the Fail all Meghan does is to have yoga classes at KP and talk to Will and Kate and working on adjusting to Palace life. Really? If Meghan had questions she would talk to Kate more than Camilla. Two, the Fail didn't report Harry and Meghan's date night at Hamilton, so he w is she confined to palace grounds? No reporting of Meghan prepping for the next engagement, learning protocol, getting ready for the early phases of the UK citizenship test. The Fail's usual dubious sources have dried up so it's cooking stuff up.

Daily Fail strikes again. It recently posted a story about Meghan having lunch with Camilla to calm her pre wedding jitters. According to the Fail all Meghan does is to have yoga classes at KP and talk to Will and Kate and working on adjusting to Palace life. Really? If Meghan had questions she would talk to Kate more than Camilla. Two, the Fail didn't report Harry and Meghan's date night at Hamilton, so he w is she confined to palace grounds? No reporting of Meghan prepping for the next engagement, learning protocol, getting ready for the early phases of the UK citizenship test. The Fail's usual dubious sources have dried up so it's cooking stuff up.

I’ve read that piece, and while I have my doubts about their sources, I do find the story plausible. It’s not any surprise that her new life is more confining than she’s used to. I’m sure she’s aware of it before hand, but that doesn’t mean she doesn’t need some support and adjusting when it does happen. And Kate does have two young children. I think Camilla is a really good resource for Meghan. Not only does she understand this huge change that occurs in one’s life by marrying a prince, Camilla has had to tune out lot of vileness in her time for loving her prince. And yes, I’m aware they all have dealt with vile comments, but nothing like what Camilla had to put up with. It’s not fair how these women get criticized sometimes, but it happens.

:rolleyes: Typical Daily Fail.

Can we just forbid Daily Fail in this forum? :ninja:

I am appalled that this misleading and slandering article is even posted here. This 'scandal' is about blackmailing people into sex, coercion into sex, and actual rape. Meghan has never been involved with World Vision UK, and she was never in Haiti. This article imho in below any press standards, and I was under the impression, that these kind of articles weren't allowed to be posted here.

There's no need to like Meghan, but there is also no need to lower ourselves to the trash level of Daily Mail, when their article isn't based on one fact, just their need to spread irrational Meghan hate.

:rolleyes: Typical Daily Fail.

Can we just forbid Daily Fail in this forum? :ninja:

If we did that, we wouldn't have much to talk about. ;)
Official news is sparse, and credible sources rare.

At least the DM has plenty to say (whether it's correct is another matter!) and they do provide the best pictures.

'
That contradicts other stories that she goes out shopping and sees friends and also visits charities. The only truth is she might of had lunch with Camila.

If we did that, we wouldn't have much to talk about. ;)
Official news is sparse, and credible sources rare.

At least the DM has plenty to say (whether it's correct is another matter!) and they do provide the best pictures.

It is only good for fake news. You can find better pictures and videos at Getty. Best not to click on their clickbait articles and if you do make sure you have adblock enabled.

I am appalled that this misleading and slandering article is even posted here. This 'scandal' is about blackmailing people into sex, coercion into sex, and actual rape. Meghan has never been involved with World Vision UK, and she was never in Haiti. This article imho in below any press standards, and I was under the impression, that these kind of articles weren't allowed to be posted here.

There's no need to like Meghan, but there is also no need to lower ourselves to the trash level of Daily Mail, when their article isn't based on one fact, just their need to spread irrational Meghan hate.

what makes it so vile is that their base readers only read the dog whistles and not the actual facts. they thing Meghan was hugging kids in Haiti when Meghan was involved with WV Canada and in Rwanda. They only go after Meghan when many other stars and british celebs have supported WV. It is wrong, misleading and a deliberate smear campaign to pile on with the non stop cyber bullying and gaslighting of Meghan.

Last edited by a moderator:
I don't see why she wouldn't have tea with Camilla :ermm: Just because Kate is Harry's sister in law, Meghan should only talk to her :ohmy: I am sure most of the royal ladies can give her some advice. Kate is also busy with two kids and a baby on the way. Camilla is going to be her stepmother in law. We were told before the Cambridges married, Kate spoke with Camilla.

But this whole concept that Meghan is locked up in the palace is getting annoying. I have read some bit pieces on bing and yahoo that she is a virtual prisoner now. Fortunately for Meghan she has friends in London before she moved there. And from the Hamilton talk, we know she is getting out with her fiancé. Besides I am sure wedding planning, church conversion classes and studying for British citizenship is keeping her busy as well.

The world vision stuff drives me nuts and not simply for Meghan. But for WV Canada as well. WVC does a lot of great work and doesn't deserve to be dragged through the mud because of the UK version. Neither Megan or WVC has anything to do with this scandal. DF trying to drum up drama.

On side note watching Meghan talk food :D She is guest judging the episode of chopped junior that I am watching.

There really is nothing new or startling in these sorts of press articles about Meghan. Very similar nonsense was written (and continues to be written) about Kate before and after her wedding, not to mention the battering Camilla has taken at the hands of the press over the last 3 decades or so.

Every time Kate's parents' business introduces a new product, the Daily Mail has a big splash about them "cashing in" on their royal connections, for example.

Meghan will need really thick skin, as will her supporters who apparently were not around when Kate went through this. Almost no one takes the Daily Mail seriously to start with, the vast majority of British people see to for what it is, we're not stupid.

IMHO there's a BIG difference in getting called out on 'cashing in' on royal connections, and having your face and name plastered in an article about charity organization being tied to rape and coercion and blackmailing to have sex.

IMHO there's a BIG difference in getting called out on 'cashing in' on royal connections, and having your face and name plastered in an article about charity organization being tied to rape and coercion and blackmailing to have sex.

Have you ever seen any articles about Jimmy Saville in a British newspaper? He was a celebrity who, after his death, it became clear was also a pedophile. In just about every article about him pictures are included showing members of the RF shaking his hand.

The implication is clear. Such an article about Meghan is not unique to her.

The thing is, with the Daily Fail, if they don't see something, it doesn't happen. If Meghan isn't out and about and photographed every day, she's held prisoner somewhere. If she is reported to have lunch with Camilla (which I honestly believe that H&M have visited quite often, most likely, with both Charles and Camilla), Kate's too busy. Even the Daily Fail has no clue on what these people's private lives are like and they base their perspectives on what they see, what some odd source here and there says and putting two and two together and coming up with 22.

These DF reporters also skimp on doing their research. Either they completely forgot to research into the difference between WVC and WVUK or they did realize that they were two totally different entities but purposely chose to use Meghan's name as click bait.

We should all just use our own discretion and pass on posting DF articles here that we know are pure bunk and have absolutely no value to the discussions. Some DF articles though do contain some of the best pictures available and those definitely should be linked.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom